[E16 Spoilers] Speculation on the next episode(s)

Dignal

Spoiler

I'm really looking forward for the "rest" of the story, it took me a bit by suprise when the current leader got her head chopped off and the fairy dude was proclaiming us as a champion a few minutes later, I'm more interested on what will happen to TERRA, i'm speculating that her story will be either 8 or 80, she just joined for fun or for some deep dramatic reason that involves on why she changed so quickly (stated by her parents)

What are your thoughts on what might happen in the future?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should put E16 stuff under a spoiler tag.

We know for sure that in the next episode we will be going to the Toumaline Desert. This means that the next gym leader we will fight is most likely Titania and we will get to see the mysterious Mirage Tower and the Scarpyard. There was some speculation that the signal that was putting everyone to sleep in Agate was in the scrapyard, so we will probably have an encounter with Team Meteor there (and a mighty PULSE Jigglypuff). There is plenty of stuff that has been hinted to happen in the future such as Florinia going after Fern, Serra is going after Bennett, Solaris 'punishing' Taka, Aya is still captive and Hardy is trying to find a way to save her. There's the whole Terra being trapped in a computer (maybe she escaped to the Scrapyard base?).

Regarding Episode 16:

Spoiler

We find out that Anna and Noel are missing, so I'm guessing we will have to find them in the next episode. Also, Laura might find out the truth behind her dismissal from the Elite Four. And finally there is the whole ZEL business, will we finally get to see Lumi and Eve in their true bodies?

Edited by Farnsworth

I am really interested in Zel And what will happend to "Him or Her". 

Mainly because "he's" one of my favourite characters c:

Spoiler

Since we only got to see 1 of the 3 in actual person

Spoiler

*I'm calling him in "" because he's 3 characters in one and I don't know what gender to call "Them?"*

2 minutes ago, FoxyJr said:

I am really interested in Zel And what will happend to "Him or Her". 

Mainly because "he's" one of my favourite characters c:

Hide contents

Since we only got to see 1 of the 3 in actual person

Hide contents

*I'm calling him in "" because he's 3 characters in one and I don't know what gender to call "Them?"*

Spoiler

In Episode 16 Ame added a new relationship system where you accumulate points based on different decisions you made throughout the story. Each character has a different count, but the thing is Eve and Lumi are there. This probably means we will get to see them in their true bodies at some point in the story (probably soon since the entity ZEL has died).

Spoiler

tfw Ame will never add an option to let me hug each of them and never let go

On a more serious note

Spoiler

Edit: Tired me plus speculations seems like a bad idea. Thanks person below for pointing out the thing I forgot :'D

And considering that Eve and Lumi's relationship variables only started gaining points with E16, they're bound to be back in their bodies. There'd be literally no reason to make us start gaining points for them now and then not have them make appearances after that.
I do hope we get to see some sort of conclusion for Zero as a character, though. I have the bad feeling that he's not gonna be quite alright (his dialogue sure seemed to set him up for some trauma), but I'd be disappointed if he just ends up sidelined now. He's my favourite, I'd hate to see his character be thrown away now.

And I wonder if Lumi being back in her body would mean that she's sick again? Unless Eve managed to find a cure for the body while they were all stuck as ZEL.

Edited by ZEL

4 minutes ago, ZEL said:
  Hide contents

tfw Ame will never add an option to let me hug each of them and never let go

On a more serious note

Hide contents

I do think it's likely we will go to Agate next. The gym leaders we still have to defeat are Hardy, Titania, Amaria and Saphira, so I'm thinking that either Hardy or Amaria will be the next.
And with the set-up that Zero says he needs to go to Agate, too? The PULSE that blocks Labradorra doesn't seem likely to be taken down any time soon (Labradorra being the gate to Victory Road and all), it's much more likely we'll try to get to the one in Agate next.

And considering that Eve and Lumi's relationship variables only started gaining points with E16, they're bound to be back in their bodies. There'd be literally no reason to make us start gaining points for them now and then not have them make appearances after that.
I do hope we get to see some sort of conclusion for Zero as a character, though. I have the bad feeling that he's not gonna be quite alright (his dialogue sure seemed to set him up for some trauma), but I'd be disappointed if he just ends up sidelined now. He's my favourite, I'd hate to see his character be thrown away now.

And I wonder if Lumi being back in her body would mean that she's sick again? Unless Eve managed to find a cure for the body while they were all stuck as ZEL.

Spoiler

It has already been confirmed at the end of Episode 16 that we will go to Toumaline Desert next. As I said above, the sleeping signal is probably coming from the Scrapyard. So Tania is definitely next, unless Amy suddenly happens (still think she is the last leader though).

Just now, Farnsworth said:

Hide contents

It has already been confirmed at the end of Episode 16 that we will go to Toumaline Desert next. As I said above, the sleeping signal is probably coming from the Scrapyard. So Tania is definitely next, unless Amy suddenly happens (still think she is the last leader though).

Spoiler

You can probably tell how tired I am from the fact that I literally forgot about this despite having taken screenshots of everything I deeped important. Lolol. Though I do have to admit I still find it very surprising that Tania would be challenged before Hardy.

8 minutes ago, ZEL said:
  Hide contents

You can probably tell how tired I am from the fact that I literally forgot about this despite having taken screenshots of everything I deeped important. Lolol. Though I do have to admit I still find it very surprising that Tania would be challenged before Hardy.

Spoiler

The thing about the gym leaders is that we never had a double battle gym twice in a row. Hardy's gym will definitely be a double battle since his aces are both Lunatone and Solrock. So he couldn't come right after Adrienn. If we follow the rule of having two single battle gyms between each double battle one the order would be either Tania, Amy, Hardy, Saphira or Tania, Saphira, Hardy, Amy. That being said the pattern wasn't always consistent. (but we never had two double battle gyms in a row).

EDIT:

Wow scrap that forgot that Aya's and Serra's gyms were both double battles and happened one after the other.

But still I personally believe we will either get Tania, Hardy, Amy, Saphira or Tania, Hardy, Saphira, Amy.

Edited by Farnsworth

1 minute ago, Farnsworth said:

Hide contents

The thing about the gym leaders is that we never had a double battle gym twice in a row. Hardy's gym will definitely be a double battle since his aces are both Lunatone and Solrock. So he couldn't come right after Adrienn. If we follow the rule of having two single battle gyms between each double battle one the order would be either Tania, Amy, Hardy, Saphira or Tania, Saphira, Hardy, Amy. That being said the pattern wasn't always consistent. (but we never had two double battle gyms in a row).

Spoiler

Huh, that's admittedly something I never even bothered to pay attention to. I didn't consider that there could be a purpose behind it, and I'm not sure if I'm convinced of the reasoning, but... I'll admit I didn't notice that we never had doubles in a row.
I always assumed Saphira would be the last to beat, as her gym is in Labradorra, though. Unless she pulls a Terra or Noel and doesn't fight us in a real gym.

Spoiler

So this suggests that Lumi and Eve didnt die for good, and wont die soon. Good, this is undeniably one of the most interesting character... set of characters. Anyway, what we had done in this episode to ZEL, makes me think that Meteor arent bad guys, but we are. 

Titania gonna have some connections with Meteor, but with her own sick motivations. As it was speculated before, she may have something to do with sleeping signal, so very probably we will unlock Agate next episode. Who`s the leader there, Hardy, right? I hope beating her or him will finnaly allow us to use Rock Climb. Also, showing us backstory of Terra gives impression that she will have her role soon. I still think the voice we heard upon leaving Arceus`s Sanctuary was hers, or at last she has kind of an access to Arceus. And where`s place for Amaria by the way, since in one of the upcoming episodes we are supposed to fight two leaders.

Anybody got any clear idea, what that prophecy meant, after we delievered Crystal Ball?

Edited by example

Just now, ZEL said:
  Hide contents

Huh, that's admittedly something I never even bothered to pay attention to. I didn't consider that there could be a purpose behind it, and I'm not sure if I'm convinced of the reasoning, but... I'll admit I didn't notice that we never had doubles in a row.
I always assumed Saphira would be the last to beat, as her gym is in Labradorra, though. Unless she pulls a Terra or Noel and doesn't fight us in a real gym.

Spoiler

We actually had doubles in a row, Serra came after Aya. I edited my post to correct the mistake. The thing is Amaria can be put literally anywhere in the gym order, so Saphira being last isn't a lock despite her gym being in Labradorra. I personally believe Amy is last for various reasons, she still needs time to recover her lost memories (or at least until she becomes mentally stable), Water is by far the best mono type due to rain and rain abusers (and the absolutely broken Underwater field), and I believe teaming up with her at the start of the game was sort of teasing the final gym leader (remember that her pokemon easily overpowered Solaris' pokemon).

1 minute ago, Strider said:

Hide contents

There's a strange box outside outside of Julia's gym that says "What a suspicious box...". We all know that Julia loves her explosions...

However, she's still asleep up in Titania and Amaria's flooded house.

Spoiler

Yeah, when I thought about that, I got an idea, that Lin/Meteor gonna do ''boom'' to her gym (how ironic, and in Lin`s style), to cut down electricity in the city, but fortunately, we opened Yureyu power plant for a technician (that had no other purpose, it wasnt any sidequest) right in this episode, so Meteor`s plan wont work.

Spoiler

Uhm, losing noel and Anna either means they are hostages, which makes no sense since aya is already kidnappped. Also the sheer neglect of any messaging towards us about it makes me think this is just a foreshadowing to Anna finding a way to get past the barrier. Especially since we are talking about Nostra, which is clearly tied to Anna's powers.

Uhm for the next episode, the teaser implies Lin meeting Titania or at least that was what I thought at the moment since I haven't stored it. So either we succeed in protecting the ring or we fail. Considering Lyn is the main boss and seemingly the only real threat of the game left I doubt we will succeed. Also a meeting with pulse arceus seems inevitable.

For the source of the sleeping to be in the desert/scrapyard, I'm not sure considering well there are so many things in between so unless it is transmitted through radiowaves and send out in speakers, I doubt it. A more likely guess for the sleeping would be the ferris wheel. I mean Terra is a meteor and Terra could enter freely (even though that does not say much considering Terra does not abide the laws of physics). Samson might be a meteor but still. 

For the queen of booty, she most likely escaped to somewhere, internet is quite fast so she might pop up. Lin might need her to be sure there are no problems with the pulse arceus or the problems are solved in no time. So she might pop up at the very end.

In reagrds to the prophecy look here. http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23284-huge-ep-16-spoilers-your-future-discussion/

Now for ZEL, Zero might actually use his brains and might check up on the bodies of Eve an Lumi. I think they re alive as well, solely to the fact that Zero is alive but it might be very well the end of the sister pair.

Now for Titania being meteor, I doubt it. btw no amount of sad backstory will make Team meteor good guys. Titania would have simply taken the bracelet before the diary desaster or forged a new one and given it to Amaria.

Edited by FairFamily

• Global Mods

Titania was bribing information out of Team Meteor in order to let Amaria know what they're up to, or to protect her, or something like that. I forget the exact reason, but it involved Amaria. This was revealed in E15 IIRC.

In the online league, Hardy was one of the season's champions, the last leader to be faced (I think Lin and Amaria also were season champions at one point), but like Ama I also think Saphira will be last due to her being in Labradorra unless a curveball is thrown at us. My hypothesis on the gym order is:

15: Titania (going to the desert next)
16: Amaria (E16's TV event is Amaria proving she can still keep her position by battling a league representative, a reference to her 6-0'ing Ame in the online league after her car accident, plus her gym is the mansion which we can Fly to)
17: Hardy (16 and 17 are interchangeable in my hypothesis actually, we could also be pushed into solving Agate before we're led back to the circus and beyond. I just lean slightly towards Amaria)
18: Saphira because Labradorra

10 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:
  Hide contents

Titania was bribing information out of Team Meteor in order to let Amaria know what they're up to, or to protect her, or something like that. I forget the exact reason, but it involved Amaria. This was revealed in E15 IIRC.

Spoiler

I remember Titania dealing with Meteor guy, but I can`t remember any scene actually reaveling why she was doing this (tough it would make sense, since it was Amaria who investigated Blacksteam factory with us, possibly after Titania hinted her). Besides reason, do you recall at which point in the game it was revealed? We had to make a right choice at some point, or trigger something, somewhere?

btw no amount of sad backstory will make Team meteor good guys

It is not about Meteor being good guys, it is about them being less-evil guys - than us.

Edited by example

16 minutes ago, example said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I remember Titania dealing with Meteor guy, but I can`t remember any scene actually reaveling why she was doing this (tough it would make sense, since it was Amaria who investigated Blacksteam factory with us, possibly after Titania hinted her). Besides reason, do you recall at which point in the game it was revealed? We had to make a right choice at some point, or trigger something, somewhere?

It is not about Meteor being good guys, it is about them being less-evil guys - than us.

Spoiler

Whether we're ultimately better or worse than (some of) the Meteors probably lies in the eye of the beholder, as very few characters in the story managed to keep their hands clean so far.
But in regards to your original post about this: I don't think it is fair to blame what happened to ZEL entirely on the player. It seems too strongly implied that Lin set you up for that one.
She could have stopped you. She was literally in a room with you and could have done whatever with you. She didn't. Instead, she allows you to proceed all the way to ZEL and Magnezone, even orders them not to harm you.
If she had wanted to buy them time to fix Magnezone or otherwise prevent you from going up there and destroying stuff, she very well could have. Because she certainly didn't count on ZEL to be able to stop you, not when she knows how many times you've beaten them, the PULSE 'mons, and every other Meteor besides herself.
The player carried out the deed, but in the end it looks like we simply did exactly what Lin wanted.

1 hour ago, ZEL said:
  Hide contents

Whether we're ultimately better or worse than (some of) the Meteors probably lies in the eye of the beholder, as very few characters in the story managed to keep their hands clean so far.
But in regards to your original post about this: I don't think it is fair to blame what happened to ZEL entirely on the player. It seems too strongly implied that Lin set you up for that one.
She could have stopped you. She was literally in a room with you and could have done whatever with you. She didn't. Instead, she allows you to proceed all the way to ZEL and Magnezone, even orders them not to harm you.
If she had wanted to buy them time to fix Magnezone or otherwise prevent you from going up there and destroying stuff, she very well could have. Because she certainly didn't count on ZEL to be able to stop you, not when she knows how many times you've beaten them, the PULSE 'mons, and every other Meteor besides herself.
The player carried out the deed, but in the end it looks like we simply did exactly what Lin wanted.

Spoiler

Exactly, the player carried out the deed, and fact that Lin wanted that, makes it even worse in my opinion, we werent threatened or forced in any way to attack. We could have been allowed maybe to deny the fight, let ZEL escape, or wait for Magnezone to explode itself from malfunction for game purpose, cos I guess it would be way too complicated and time-consuming to create branched story, i.e. ZEL joining us, but still I dont like the outcome of those events.

I understand that its purpose was to show how Lin can manipulate us, and probably manipulated us before, nonetheless, I sympathise with ZEL this time. Answering ''no'' to Eve`s question, if we came to destroy everything, leaves very little space for reasonable purpose to this fight, other than ZEL`s suicide, since they must knew they are going to lose.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, example said:
  Hide contents

I believe it was during the Water Treatment Center, though I don't remember exactly so it could have been revealed earlier. 

28 minutes ago, example said:
  Hide contents

Exactly, the player carried out the deed, and fact that Lin wanted that, makes it even worse in my opinion, we werent threatened or forced in any way to attack. We could have been allowed maybe to deny the fight, let ZEL escape, or wait for Magnezone to explode itself from malfunction for game purpose, cos I guess it would be way too complicated and time-consuming to create branched story, i.e. ZEL joining us, but still I dont like the outcome of those events.

I understand that its purpose was to show how Lin can manipulate us, and probably manipulated us before, nonetheless, I sympathise with ZEL this time. Answering ''no'' to Eve`s question, if we came to destroy everything, leaves very little space for reasonable purpose to this fight, other than ZEL`s suicide, since they must knew they are going to lose.

Spoiler

Well I mean, trust me, I would have loved an option to refuse to fight (and then probably subsequently be forced to, anyway). That's pretty much what I wanted to do, since it was absolutely clear at that point that the three of them were panicking and not looking to confront you in any way. I've never wanted to fight a character in the game less, and the reason in this case isn't even because they're my favourites.
But it seems like Lin had reasons to want to dispose of them, and because she's a sadistic asshole, she decided you should do it.

ZEL were so messed up in that moment that I felt like their decision to fight you was the "fight" in fight or flight. They can't run, because that'd mean leaving Magnezone behind. They probably felt like they had their backs to the wall and attacked because they didn't even consider the chance that you would NOT try to destroy Magnezone. Zero seems to believe that you/your allies were responsible for hacking the PULSE. Which is why he calls you a liar after you say "no" to Lumi's question. Zero says "They're probably plotting to destroy Magnezone like all the other ones."
What reason would they have to assume that you might let them go and not touch the PULSE? You took down every PULSE you got near to.
They seemed to know things would go bad for them if Magnezone is damaged (Lumi: "But... If Magnezone is damaged--", "If we're gonna get through this, we need your help.", Zero: "No! Magnezone!"). I don't thin they were going to take the risk of waiting to see if you'd leave them be. What if they didn't battle you, and you'd get right to attacking Magnezone? If you look at the situation from their point of view, then the odds that you'll pass up the chance to destroy a PULSE don't look so good.

Edited by ZEL

Spoiler

So this is a very interesting point, why did Lin spare the MC and the other characters? This is the second time she chose to spare our lives, the first being back in Tanzan. Not to mention she could have also easily killed Victoria, Adrienn and Arclight. If she wanted to finish Reborn City off, all she had to do was kill Adrienn who is the 'heart' of the renovation/volunteering project, if that happened the City would probably go back to the way it used to be with time (and some influence from Team Meteor). It's very astonishing that Adrienn was barely touched in his 'punishment'. So why didn't Lin kill those characters? Maybe she doesn't have any particular interest in them, she might deem them 'too weak', and thus undeserving of her attention. Maybe she is just using everyone as pawns, like the way she used to MC to get rid of the 'weak links' inside Team Meteor. But still, she could have already ended things if she wanted to, considering how easy it was for her to kill Ame.

Spoiler

I'm already missing the league log archive sorely. I never thought to save some of the more interesting logs, and now I can't quote them properly.
But the Lin from the league days... well, this episode she used some of the words that were used on her trainer card. (Namely, the bit about "friends won't help, numbers won't help", or however exactly it was phrased.) So she did have this cruel, aloof attitude of someone who believed themselves more powerful.
At the same time, she also had a strangely playful side where she'd have almost a giggle at the challenger, and what I find most memorable is the part where she tells a victor to "Come find the real me".
She really seems to like playing with people, in her own sadistic way. Maybe she plans to use us in some way, that seems very likely, after how she's already done it this time.
But she also might keep us around for her own entertainment. If her actions in E16 and her attitude towards repeating challengers in the online league are any hint, then she enjoys watching people struggle, try, but eventually fall before her time and time again.
She seems to like gaining power as much as flaunting it.

I'd be very surprised to the source of the agate sleeping be the scrapyard. Weren't we told a couple episodes ago when we went to ametrine city that it was too far from agate to be the source? The scrapyard would be even farther. It's more likely that the signal is coming from the suspicious house above the circus. I'd bet we find a way to rock climb up to labradorra out in the desert and that's how we get around the pulse mr. mime.

36 minutes ago, bepe said:

Hide contents

I'd be very surprised to the source of the agate sleeping be the scrapyard. Weren't we told a couple episodes ago when we went to ametrine city that it was too far from agate to be the source? The scrapyard would be even farther. It's more likely that the signal is coming from the suspicious house above the circus. I'd bet we find a way to rock climb up to labradorra out in the desert and that's how we get around the pulse mr. mime.

Spoiler

It does make sense to climb the mountains through the desert to go around the barrier in Calcenon. And then after we defeat Meteor in Labradorra we will find a way to the suspicious house up the Ferris Wheel in the Circus which would allow us to go to Agate. This would mean that Saphira's gym would come before Hardy. 

So here would be my gym order predictions if that theory is true:

E17: Titania

E18: Saphira

E19: Hardy

???: Amaria, she can be placed anywhere in the gym order, she will definitely be in the episode that has two gym leaders. But at the moment it's impossible to predict where she will end up in the gym order. I personally believe that she would be either before or after Hardy since the story would flow better this way. Although ICSW did say something interesting about Hardy and Amy being interchangeable (basically you can challenge them in any order) which I could see happening.

2 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

Hide contents

It does make sense to climb the mountains through the desert to go around the barrier in Calcenon. And then after we defeat Meteor in Labradorra we will find a way to the suspicious house up the Ferris Wheel in the Circus which would allow us to go to Agate. This would mean that Saphira's gym would come before Hardy. 

So here would be my gym order predictions if that theory is true:

E17: Titania

E18: Saphira

E19: Hardy

???: Amaria, she can be placed anywhere in the gym order, she will definitely be in the episode that has two gym leaders. But at the moment it's impossible to predict where she will end up in the gym order. I personally believe that she would be either before or after Hardy since the story would flow better this way. Although ICSW did say something interesting about Hardy and Amy being interchangeable (basically you can challenge them in any order) which I could see happening.

It's too early to really predict much other than Titania is probably next. Even if we do end up climbing the mountain, we don't know whose badge will allow us to use the HM. We may find a rock climb spot this time, but need to battle another leader to use it. Also, we may not necessarily fight Saphira as soon as we reach Labradorra. I'm really curious to see how the plot of the next episode plays out, it will tell us a lot about how the last few leaders will be ordered.