Ps2 or Ps3 emulator

mar_mar

Hi hi! :3 Um..I made this topic because I need some help with choosing between these two options I've listed in the title..my laptop has got:

Intel core i5-6200U, 2.4 Ghz (it goes up to 2.8).

8 GB ram.

Nvidia GeForce 920M graphics card.

So, which one would you suggest me to download?

On a sidenote, PS3 Emulation is very early in development, and no games can reasonably run on any system. Perhaps in 4-5 years we'll have something decent, but for now you in fact can't emulate PS3 games in a playable state.

It's a lot less convenient to force a pc to run a pirated instead of buying the console itself. I also don't approve of it. (not as a mod, as a personal philosophy) You are better off just buying a ps3. The ps3 should be cheaper than usual due to the Ps4 being a thing. Most noteworthy PS1 and 2 games are downloadable on the console.

Ie: Crash Bandicoot, Twisted Metal, Legend of Dragoon, Megaman Legends, Final Fantasy 1-10, Persona 1-4, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Okami, Psychonauts, ect.

It's a lot less convenient to force a pc to run a pirated instead of buying the console itself. I also don't approve of it. (not as a mod, as a personal philosophy) You are better off just buying a ps3. The ps3 should be cheaper than usual due to the Ps4 being a thing. Most noteworthy PS1 and 2 games are downloadable on the console.

Ie: Crash Bandicoot, Twisted Metal, Legend of Dragoon, Megaman Legends, Final Fantasy 1-10, Persona 1-4, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Okami, Psychonauts, ect.

I've played okami and most of the final fantasy games, um also, I have a ps3 in my grandma's house but I can't bring it here, that's the sole reason I was debating on downloading the emulator for it.

I would kindly ask you not to presume things about other people. There are many reasons as to one would play on emulators instead of on the actual consoles, the main one being that Emulators provide a better playing experience. And there are many ways to do so legally as well. Every single console that uses DVD's and CD's can have their native game-discs play on emulators through a DVD drive. It's quite easy to play your whole library on the PC, and have the native textures of PS2, Wii and Gamecube games upscaled to play your games in HD.

And no, often people should not have to rebuy their games when moving on to a new console, and frankly, Sony should not be charging people to be able to play games they already own.

I've played okami and most of the final fantasy games, um also, I have a ps3 in my grandma's house but I can't bring it here, that's the sole reason I was debating on downloading the emulator for it.

Please be careful when downloading in the internet, anything that claims to be a fully functional PS3 emulator is a fake, and also likely a virus. Since the only currently working PS3 emulator is very early in it's development, and can only play Disgaea 4 decently at the moment.
Edited by Tartar

I would kindly ask you not to presume things about other people. There are many reasons as to one would play on emulators instead of on the actual consoles, the main one being that Emulators provide a better playing experience.

uwot, m8? They provide a convenient, free, and conveniently free experience.

Every single console that uses DVD's and CD's can have their native game-discs play on emulators through a DVD drive. It's quite easy to play your whole library on the PC, and have the native textures of PS2, Wii and Gamecube games upscaled to play your games in HD.

are these through official channels and programs? Because that would be the convenient way of playing the games without the whole (usually imperfect) emulator middleman, right?

at any rate, everything points to a ps3 emulator being way too much for either a pc to run or someone to program so... go with ps2 by process of elimination I guess.

I never had much of a ps2 library, so I've no idea what games would be worth your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, PS2! If it were me I'd have both a PS3 and a PS2 (as it is I just have a PS2). There's something satisfying about having the games physically and being able to pop them in and boot up the real console.

If you want good games on PS2, there are the Tony Hawk games, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Phantom Brave, Disgaea, God of War, Katamari Damacy, a number of Final Fantasy games, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, SSX3, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank... Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil 4 are supposed to be good too.

Relatedly, you can play PS1 games on a physical PS2. In emulatorland you'll need a separate emulator for it, but PS1 games are also worth considering here: you get Final Fantasy 7, a number of the best-known Castlevanias, Colin McRae Rally (if you liked DiRT, this is the first game in that series), Spyro, Crash...

To be honest you would probably be better off downloading a PS2 emulator; they've been around for a while now and they're quite stable; PS3 emulators haven't advanced enough to actually use properly; although PS1 games would probably be really good with your specs; PSP emulators exist, but they are not very stable.