Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Understood. 

Random Fact: Sonic 06 never underwent an alpha test. It shows.

And Silver will be forever associated with it! He didn't deserve that!

1 minute ago, Sceptilespy said:

Wouldn't it be crazy if characters simply had guns in Pokémon fiction? Like that would make things SOOOO much easier.

I would write it so that Pokemon are completely Immune to Guns. 

Plus in Pokemon Insurgence, Cultists, as revealed by dialogue, are often armed with guns.

1 minute ago, Sceptilespy said:

Wouldn't it be crazy if characters simply had guns in Pokémon fiction? Like that would make things SOOOO much easier.

Would it? I mean, pokemon are probably a lot more dangerous than guns. Everyone would probably just catch a pokemon which knows how to block bullets.

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

I would write it so that Pokemon are completely Immune to Guns. 

Plus in Pokemon Insurgence, Cultists, as revealed by dialogue, are often armed with guns.

Just replayed through Insurgence. I know they're armed with WEAPONS. But guns I'm not sure about.

@GenericName

Well, I imagine even a Pokémon would be injured by an 800mph speeding bullet.

EDIT: 1,700 mph lol. Jesus Christ.

Edited by Sceptilespy

5 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Just replayed through Insurgence. I know they're armed with WEAPONS. But guns I'm not sure about.

Maybe Guns, Maybe Knives. I'm not sure. Probably something concealable.

My favorite type of weapon is the sword, so I really hate it when guns invalidate Sword Combat. Probably why i really like Star Wars and Afro Samurai. Or Metal Gear Solid, but that's only if you are a cyborg, like Raiden.

Edited by ShadeStrider

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

Maybe Guns, Maybe Knives. I'm not sure. Probably something concealable.

My favorite type of weapon is the sword, so I really hate it when guns invalidate Sword Combat. Probably why i really like Star Wars and Afro Samurai.

Point. I never really thought about my favorite weapon.

But yeah, probably something concealable.

3 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Well, I imagine even a Pokémon would be injured by an 800mph speeding bullet.

I think it would depend on the pokemon. Obviously Ghost types would be immune, but they wouldn't block it either. Obviously a Pidgey would do about as well as a real bird being shot, but I don't think something like Heatran would even flinch at being hit.

Just now, GenericName said:

I think it would depend on the pokemon. Obviously Ghost types would be immune, but they wouldn't block it either. Obviously a Pidgey would do about as well as a real bird being shot, but I don't think something like Heatran would even flinch at being hit.

Yeah, you're right.

@ShadeStrider Yeah, that's what I meant for the Dad possibly not existing in the first place because of the possibility that the MC may be non human.

@GS BALL What made me sad is the statement 'no more official games from now on'. Sure, the official games might not have too deep stories and characters, but they're still good in their own regards to be honest, and fangames still do owe their existence to the main games since after all, they wouldn't exist if Pokemon had not been created.

• Developers

The mentality of "I'm never going to play official games because fangames exist" is the exact reason why fangames get sniped. 

If we threaten their product then they'll threaten us in return. So...

Pls support Pokemon so that they won't delete me. 

*jan has joined the game

jan: hi guys, I'm new, I cant wait to play

*idiot has joined the game

idiot: ur my fav, id suck ur toes for another version, screw Nintendo, fangames fo lyfe

*Nintendo has joined the game

Nintendo: Loooool, get up out.

*Nintendo C&Ds jan.

*jan has left the game

idiot: ah man

Just now, Jan said:

The mentality of "I'm never going to play official games because fangames exist" is the exact reason why fangames get sniped. 

I can't play the official games anymore, the new 3D style with a behind-character's-head point of view makes me want to throw my DS out a window. Why can't they just make nice top-down 2D maps like before? Or at least a hybrid like Pokemon Black and White.

Pls Nintendo no delete Jan :(

1 minute ago, Jan said:

Yeah. This is quite true. It's not like the official games are bad; fangames just choose to have a deeper perspective on how pokemon stories should work and fangames deal with the 'what ifs' in official games. So, we should still support Pokemon because it's one of the reasons why we're united here, right?

2 minutes ago, GenericName said:

I can't play the official games anymore, the new 3D style with a behind-character's-head point of view makes me want to throw my DS out a window. Why can't they just make nice top-down 2D maps like before? Or at least a hybrid like Pokemon Black and White.

Pls Nintendo no delete Jan :(

Well the new mechanics in pokemon fangames owe their existence to the original games. So, Fangames would be a way of letting you play with new mechanics if you don't enjoy the new graphics.

Either way, even if their are gonna be pokemon fangames to play, most people will still buy a copy of the main games. Sun and Moon is proof that even with ROM hacks and Fangames, the original games will still gain attention.

So are the people who applied for beta testing and get "hired" going to be contacted once the alpha testing is actually done or some time before/after/whenever? I would assume Jan to wait a few days for applications to roll in then sit down and take care of all of them at once, but you never know ;]

8 hours ago, Akkionn250 said:

My hardest was Amber, cause in my first run I didn't know where Rain Dance was, nor did I have a good team to fight with, so I restarted and in my Second Run, I swept five of her pokemon with my Floatzel, it died to Rotom.

Yeah, Amber is kinda hard if there is no move to change field effect :D

4 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

So are the people who applied for beta testing and get "hired" going to be contacted once the alpha testing is actually done or some time before/after/whenever? I would assume Jan to wait a few days for applications to roll in then sit down and take care of all of them at once, but you never know ;]

We can apply for beta testing?

• Developers
8 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

I've actually already gone through all the applications I've had thus far and selected everyone. I'm just waiting until Thursday. That's when applications close. So I'm going to say the Beta -might- start on Friday. That's when I'll contact everyone. That's my goal. 

Edit @GenericName I've updated the OP with the application for beta testing. So you can go there if you're interested.

3 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Spork uses Reborn's animations lol. And Jan helped create Reborn's animations. I'm pretty sure you can put the pieces together from there.

I've done playing version 8 of Rejuvenation but I noticed that the animations between 2 games are someway not the same as each other :D For example, Ember move

• Developers
Just now, dnaeeeutd said:

I've done playing version 8 of Rejuvenation but I noticed that the animations between 2 games are someway not the same as each other :D For example, Ember move

Version 8 came out before the animations were done! Version 9 will have those animations.