So... how was the original Reborn league?

Lord C

The prototype one, that was the origin of the Reborn we know it

Like, there are videos of gameplay? A story of sorts? I found somethings about the original 18 leaders, with some being different from the ones we have in game. Stuff like that.

Anyone knows how that era was like?

If you google pokemon reborn league and go to videos you can see some battles between Frar (washman) and the leaders. I think that's the best record of exactly how the battles worked. There are also various logs hanging around the place, but I'm not really sure where they are. I wasn't around for league so I can't give much more information about that.

The archives are here, and you can browse battle logs by entering the number of the log in the search function. Of course, it's a bit of a mess if you don't know the number of the battle you're looking for, but I imagine it might be fun for some people to just flip through them randomly or chronologically.

If you google pokemon reborn league and go to videos you can see some battles between Frar (washman) and the leaders. I think that's the best record of exactly how the battles worked. There are also various logs hanging around the place, but I'm not really sure where they are. I wasn't around for league so I can't give much more information about that.

Found those videos. They are really useful! Thanks, dude.

One thing I'm still unsure: are the leaders just A.I. or are they actually players?

The archives are here, and you can browse battle logs by entering the number of the log in the search function. Of course, it's a bit of a mess if you don't know the number of the battle you're looking for, but I imagine it might be fun for some people to just flip through them randomly or chronologically.

Awesome! Thanks!

The leaders were actual people, but to replicate the experience of a game, they had relatively standard lines for beginning of battle, one pokemon left, defeated etc.

That explains some stuff I read about having a specific time to challenge them. May also explain something I heard once about characters in Reborn being based off real people

ha! didnt know about thar archive.

and apparently there was a good amount of tension back then judging by logs like these

inappropriate language. open spoiler at your own discretion

Allan won the battle!

Allan: :o
CJ_DaRkeLf stopped watching the battle.
[Ninja] Erick: nice job allan/
Allan: Suck it
Lucky.: Congradulations
Lucky. stopped watching the battle.
Saya Monoke stopped watching the battle.
[Reborn]Titania: I'd sooner bite it off.
[Ninja] Erick: Sorry lady I'll never get to in the league.

Allan: O:

• Global Mods

They didn't just say set lines (I'm pretty sure "I'd rather bite it off" wasn't a set line). They for the most part didn't use the forums (Terra and Saphira have an account but they both only have 1 post and haven't been on since making their first post), but they did respond to people. You might find some interesting conversations here.