Giving Away TCG Collections!

Amethyst

• Administrators

i was cleaning out my closet earlier and found a bag full of old TCG cards from multiple franchises from when I was much younger. I've held onto them for years, but realistically I'm never going to do anything with them. I'm sure I could sell some of them but frankly the time it would take me to manage that is worth more to me than the money I'd get from doing so. It also feels wrong to just throw them away though... so I'm hoping someone around here might be interested in taking them.

I'm not asking any money in return, and I'll pay shipping as long as it's to the continental US. If multiple people want something, I'll default to whoever's willing to pay something for it, whoever is getting something else (so I can do fewer shipments) or just whoever asks first.

(also obviously you need to be willing to disclose your address for me to ship to, but don't worry, I won't stalk you too much.)

Here's what I'm looking to get rid of:

Pokemon TCG Collection

A lot of my cards were stolen when I was younger, but I still have several hundred left. They range from 1st gen up to 3rd gen. Most of them are in the older sets.

Also includes an old rule book, playing mat, some damage tokens, a hearty stack of non-TCG promotional Pokemon Cards (I think they were given out as bonuses in card packs or around the movies??), and three 5th-gen starter fabric stickers (stickiness is unadulterated)

YuGiOh Cards

Just a dozen or so. I used to have a tonne of these and I'm not remotely sure happened to the rest... oh well.

Harry Potter TCG

Might only be the starter deck + a little.

Neopets TCG

Starter deck + one or two packs

Yu Yu Hakusho TCG

I legit don't know why I have these. I haven't even watched that show. Looks like a couple booster packs' worth?

Magic: The Gathering

three. i have three magic cards. ive never bought any of them. i dont know why i have them. i also don't want to ship just three cards though so I'd rather throw these in in with something else

Post here if you're interested and which you're interested in. I'll PM you for details sometime next week (this week is very busy for me) when it's set in stone.

• Administrators

Magic Cards are Fatal Blow, Southern Element, and a Mountain card. why these? i do not know.

the cards are in stacks. condition of cards is mostly good but there are some that will make you wonder what happened to the poor thing. i will tell you. in fourth grade we were playing cards in the middle of class and the teacher busted us and confiscated them. so my friends and i stuck our rarest cards in the bottom of our shoes to sneak them home instead of turning them in.

among other things.

...anyway, it's way too many to take pictures of or list, and i'm really more interested in giving away the full collection instead of individual ones because that would turn into a lot of shipments ;;;;

I wouldn't mind some of the pokemon cards... I'm mostly interested in the promos and if you have any of the following: squirtle line, cyndaquil line, pikachu line, charmander line, totodile line, larvitar line or lugia? Those are at least the gen 1-2 pokemon I like :P If you don't want to split the pokemon cards if you don't want

the cards are in stacks. condition of cards is mostly good but there are some that will make you wonder what happened to the poor thing. i will tell you. in fourth grade we were playing cards in the middle of class and the teacher busted us and confiscated them. so my friends and i stuck our rarest cards in the bottom of our shoes to sneak them home instead of turning them in.

among other things.

ahh, i see. ill take some if so. how much do you have? it seems like a lot of people want some in this thread. oh, and surprise me :3

I would most likely want the neopets cards since I always wanted to play that game but they don't produce the cards anymore I think and whatever pokemon and yugioh cards you can send me i would prefer the yugioh ones since the pokemon ones wouldn't be standard legal so i wouldn't know what to do with them unless i traded them myself for newer cards or put in my non standard card binder but i would still love to have them nonetheless

also do you still play card games anymore Ame or was this just a childhood thing

Edited by nepeta100

• Administrators

also do you still play card games anymore Ame or was this just a childhood thing

If I still played, they probably wouldn't have been sitting at the bottom of my closest for forever ;;;;

But if I had anyone to play with, I might.

(i know simulators for yugioh exist but like... i cant keep up with that meta... there's just... too much...... and pokemon is power creep city so idk)

that said i am keeping my personal decks from both pokemon and yugioh because they're intact and idk.

as for the others, i didnt really have much of chance to play them because

These are actually things?

this seems to be the dominant opinion of them.

(that said, the HP and Neopets starter decks come with enough cards for two players each, iirc, so you can play with a friend)

the only card game i'm actually currently interested in is WIXOSS, but i have better things to do with my money and once again, no one to play with it with OTL

(i know simulators for yugioh exist but like... i cant keep up with that meta... there's just... too much...... and pokemon is power creep city so idk)

YGO is also Power Creep city.

Also, I would like to know what cards you have for YGO, I collect older ones, trying to complete a few sets, I'm super close to some.

If I still played, they probably wouldn't have been sitting at the bottom of my closest for forever ;;;;

But if I had anyone to play with, I might.

that said i am keeping my personal decks from both pokemon and yugioh because they're intact and idk.

as for the others, i didnt really have much of chance to play them because

this seems to be the dominant opinion of them.

(that said, the HP and Neopets starter decks come with enough cards for two players each, iirc, so you can play with a friend)

the only card game i'm actually currently interested in is WIXOSS, but i have better things to do with my money and once again, no one to play with it with OTL

so do they have an English version of wixoss tcg or something because I love that show, It's two players worth of neopets cards :o definitely sign me up for those I will send you my mailing address sometime soon. Also yeah I know also there is some power creep with pokemon and yugioh cards but I never feel overwhelmed with the meta lucky me lol :)

also what are you opinions about one of the more popular online card games hearthstone have you ever thought about playing that there are a few people on the reborn forums that I believe play that game

Edited by nepeta100

• Administrators

As far as I know there are no English WIXOSS releases. I was able to play a game with Dan over a simulator once and that was okay (I couldn't stop laughing at the default voice clips in the program..)... but eh.

Anyway yeah you'd have to look up stuff on the wiki. Though since I can sort of read Japanese now I don't really have to worry about that too much personally.

I haven't played Hearthstone, but I think a digital TCG has a much better chance of succeeding than a physical one since it's actually practical to make and enforce game balance changes. I'm not opposed to trying it sometime, I just haven't been interested enough to do so so far.

I haven't played Hearthstone, but I think a digital TCG has a much better chance of succeeding than a physical one since it's actually practical to make and enforce game balance changes. I'm not opposed to trying it sometime, I just haven't been interested enough to do so so far.

Ha, you poor thing. If only you knew...

Blizzard is terrible and stubborn at getting their ducks in a row. They do not nerf or buff things until it has reached the point of the community asking "why even bother?" And when they go to nerf something, it is often to an unplayable status, never to be touched nor heard from ever again. Only recently did they decide it was a good idea to nerf a few overbearing classic cards, and only one of them really sees play anymore. They introduced standard format, which is great and all as it actually has rotating sets, but now it has ushered in a very stale meta in which Blizzard refuses to ever really shake up. Despite having access to all copies of a card through a digital platform, they are stubbornly standing adamant with their decision to not tamper with anything until it has reached critical levels of backlash from the fan-base.

Blizzard is terrible and stubborn at getting their ducks in a row. They do not nerf or buff things until it has reached the point of the community asking "why even bother?" And when they go to nerf something, it is often to an unplayable status, never to be touched nor heard from ever again. Only recently did they decide it was a good idea to nerf a few overbearing classic cards, and only one of them really sees play anymore. They introduced standard format, which is great and all as it actually has rotating sets, but now it has ushered in a very stale meta in which Blizzard refuses to ever really shake up. Despite having access to all copies of a card through a digital platform, they are stubbornly standing adamant with their decision to not tamper with anything until it has reached critical levels of backlash from the fan-base.

You're really misrepresenting Hearthstone. The diversity of the game is really high, we currently see 20% Shaman on ladder, 15% Warrior and Hunter, 10% Mage and 10% Druid. Which is a really high diversity, considering each of those classes has multiple viable decks which play starkly differently. Having over 10 viable decks on ladder is incredible. Take Magic as an example, 2 or 3 decks are played at most at a time, because everything else is trash, same with Yugioh.

And the meta constantly rotates, with Midrange Shaman having just been discovered as a deck, with Malygos Token Druid having come the week before. And within the individual decks cards change,

It is entirely unfair to call the game stale, considering how rapidly the meta changes. But perhaps you've never played Yugioh and Magic, since in those games the same (unchanged!) deck can dominate the meta for years if not decades in MTG's case.

Take Magic as an example, 2 or 3 decks are played at most at a time, because everything else is trash, same with Yugioh.

And the meta constantly rotates, with Midrange Shaman having just been discovered as a deck, with Malygos Token Druid having come the week before. And within the individual decks cards change,

It is entirely unfair to call the game stale, considering how rapidly the meta changes. But perhaps you've never played Yugioh and Magic, since in those games the same (unchanged!) deck can dominate the meta for years if not decades in MTG's case.

I have sincere doubts that you actually know about mtg from your statements. I haven't kept tabs on the meta (standard, extended, or otherwise) but I know most of what you said about magic isn't true.

But whatever, that's not what this thread is for anyways. *steps back and takes a breath*

Ame, what do the YYH cards look like?