If you would make your own Alola Form Pokemon...?

Ironbound

So we have dealt with enough of megas by now, and we know that the new bullcrap wonderful mechanic they're showcasing is the Alola-exclusive alternate forms, or Delta forms as they're popularly called. These are old Pokemon which are given a completely new typing, abilities, stats and even movepools; in essence, a complete revamp. So, what monstrous beautiful redesign would you dream up? They needn't be only Gen1 Pokemon, for the premise of this post.

As for me...

"In the Alola Region, Magnemite sexually identifies as a falcon, because it is upset that it's labeled a genderless Pokémon. It therefore becomes a Steel/Flying type and obtains Volt Absorb.

Researchers are puzzled, but the alolan people are unconcerned. "Maybe it got that way because it ate too many chicken wings!", they say, even though Magnemite is a robotic creature that doesn't need to eat and hasn't got a mouth for that reason."

Obligatory casual cartoon:

p4G0MSQ.jpg

Well, I mean, if a rat can become psychic and start surfing on its tail while levitating, because it apparently ate too many sweet pancakes...

I'd like to see an Alola Empoleon.

"Due to the more tropical climate of the Alola Region, it sheds some of it's feathery coat and becomes more streamlined to more easily catch prey."

Empoleon becomes Water/Flying and gains the ability Swift Swim.

My idea is based on the more tropical species of penguins such as Little and Galapagos Penguins.

Most of the Alolan forms have been based on Gen 1 mon. So I'll stick with those for now. It'd be neat to see a fire/rock or just plain fire type geodude or onix line. A Poison-type Lickitung could be interesting, as would a hula jynx or medicham variation but since they have that dancing bird I doubt it'd happen.

I'd love to see something done with Bellossom and/or Lilligant but I'm not sure how they'd change it besides maybe adding fairy-type on. A plain Bug type paras/parasect without the parasitic mushrooms could be cool too.

Alolan Fennekin is where it's at. It starts out as a single Ghost type, and evolves into a Ghost/Ice type. I wanted to base its design off of the kitsune yokai, which was believed to transform into a beautiful woman to trick humans.

also bc ghost types are super cool

3e44a5d4f272f336c43d32922ad7c181.png

Alola Vanillite-Vanillish-Vanilluxe:

"To coexist with the locals, Vanilluxe dye themselves in various flavors to obtain the boon of humans. When you come to Alola, be sure to get a scoop of the quality Vanilluxe Cream, and don't worry, they'll just regenerate when you scoop a piece of them!"

Depending on flavors, Vanilluxe gains a different subtyping, but they all have Regenerator as their main ability and Refrigerate as their hidden ability. The learnsets for each flavor of Vanilluxe is different, too.

Vanilla: Ice/Normal
Mint: Ice/Flying
Plum: Ice/Ghost
Herbal: Ice/Grass
Strawberry: Ice/Psychic

Chocolate: Ice/Rock

Raspberry: Ice/Fighting

Chili Pepper: Ice/Fire
Blueberry: Ice/Water

Lemon: Ice/Electric

Eggplant: Ice/Poison
Yam: Ice/Ground
Black Sesame: Ice/Steel

Starfruit: Ice/Dragon
Peach: Ice/Fairy

Alolan golem with a colour scheme like the reborn shiny as a fire rock type. Volcano rock would be cool.

Alolan Xatu: Water and Psychic type. Adjusted to island environment and all of the sharp features will be slightly more curved.

I'd suggest this thread to include 'Rebornian Form' rather than just Alolan Form since well...we're in Reborn.

As for Alolan Form: Alolan Cryogonal as Tiki Mask. Rock/Ghost with Levitate.

Rebornian Form Gardevoir: long emo hair with edgy clothes and tattoos, becomes dark type from all the edge.

Alolan Flygon? Without the massive dessert that it usually dwell in, it will be forced to adapt, therefore the typing would be water/flying(for irony sake, electric that its regular form is immune to become double weaknesses)

As for me...

"In the Alola Region, Magnemite sexually identifies as a falcon, because it is upset that it's labeled a genderless Pokémon. It therefore becomes a Steel/Flying type and obtains Volt Absorb.

Obligatory casual cartoon:

>cartoon removed to shrink the quote<

Well, I mean, if a rat can become psychic and start surfing on its tail while levitating, because it apparently ate too many sweet pancakes...

Interestingly enough, you and I took a very similar idea (the sexual identities of Magnemite) in very different directions. When working on making Deltas for every Pokemon for my game, I decided that the Magnemite line's Deltas would be based on the opposing poles of a magnet. For this reason, the Magnemite line would have two Delta forms: one Fire type and the other Ice type, referencing the colors generally used to refer to the north and south poles of magnets. Plus there's the fact that you can't have heat without cold, and vice versa, just like how you can't have a north pole without a south pole, and vice versa.

I actually coded the game to choose which of these two forms Delta Magnemite-line Pokemon would take, using the exact same formula used to calculate the gender of Pokemon with genders. Eventually, I decided to embrace this idea within the lore itself, and called the two forms "Flamemale" and "Freezemale", implying that they were legitimately genders. I even coded it so that in the Debug menu, you had to change the form of Delta Magnemite-line Pokemon through the "gender" menu option, not the "form" option. (Even though players of the final game probably aren't going to be able to see the Debug menu, I generally like fulfilling the trope "The devs thought of everything...")

I'm now wondering how far I should take this concept. Should Flamemale Magnemite be able to use Attract on Freezemales? Should they be able to breed without the help of Ditto? Should they actually have a gender icon, like the two main genders (and hermaphrodites)?

Edited by Rot8er_ConeX

Alolan Pelipper, it becomes even better by staying very similar!

It would stay Water/Flying.

Because Alola has even more water than Hoenn, Pelipper traded its gigantic beak for gigantic wings and basically became an Albatross, cause why not?

alolan snivy

it would be water until its final form where it would become water/dragon

Being in an area with low grassy areas, snivy adapted to the water in the alola region changing their skin for and adapting scales to allow protection as they swim. They lose the wipes on their body to be able to spit water at different temperatures on their opponents

Interestingly enough, you and I took a very similar idea (the sexual identities of Magnemite) in very different directions. When working on making Deltas for every Pokemon for my game, I decided that the Magnemite line's Deltas would be based on the opposing poles of a magnet. For this reason, the Magnemite line would have two Delta forms: one Fire type and the other Ice type, referencing the colors generally used to refer to the north and south poles of magnets. Plus there's the fact that you can't have heat without cold, and vice versa, just like how you can't have a north pole without a south pole, and vice versa.

I actually coded the game to choose which of these two forms Delta Magnemite-line Pokemon would take, using the exact same formula used to calculate the gender of Pokemon with genders. Eventually, I decided to embrace this idea within the lore itself, and called the two forms "Flamemale" and "Freezemale", implying that they were legitimately genders. I even coded it so that in the Debug menu, you had to change the form of Delta Magnemite-line Pokemon through the "gender" menu option, not the "form" option. (Even though players of the final game probably aren't going to be able to see the Debug menu, I generally like fulfilling the trope "The devs thought of everything...")

Well, I was very obviously being sarcastic there, since A-Raichu's explanation for an extremely arbitrary type and form change is literal brain-poop. I was mocking the ridiculous ways in which GF could revamp any old thing with negligible context.

But if you're taking it seriously, I actually have no idea. Magnemite probably should stay biologically genderless, since, well, it's not a biological creature, but rather a mechanical robotic one. I like your idea of deltas, but personally an Ice type Magnemite is a ghastly sacrilege in my eyes so eh :/ still, it's a good conceptual idea.

Well, I was very obviously being sarcastic there, since A-Raichu's explanation for an extremely arbitrary type and form change is literal brain-poop. I was mocking the ridiculous ways in which GF could revamp any old thing with negligible context.

But if you're taking it seriously, I actually have no idea. Magnemite probably should stay biologically genderless, since, well, it's not a biological creature, but rather a mechanical robotic one. I like your idea of deltas, but personally an Ice type Magnemite is a ghastly sacrilege in my eyes so eh :/ still, it's a good conceptual idea.

To be fair, I'm fairly certain that Raichu's explanation is deliberately "brain-poop". They just wanted to make a nod to the surfing Pikachu.

That said, you do bring up a good point about Magnemite being robotic in nature. I've decided that Magnemite genders can Attract each other, and will display (as colored lowercase F's) like any other gender in the party and summary screens and in battle, because the Magnemites consider them to be real genders. But they won't be able to breed, because the lack of biology. So, a sort of compromise.

The whole concept of Alolan form pokemon seems asinine, since it hints that those creatures will not receive mega evolutions. This hypothesis saddens me as I expected Sandslash to either get a 3rd stage or a mega that would distinguish it and raise it to a status higher than "Discount Excadrill". The A-Exeggutor is a prime example of a good idea done badly, since it could simply have an Alolan sprite, without needing a completely revamped form as a Dragon, which I believe is preposterous. I have to admit however that A-Marowak looks... apropriate for the Kanto story of "cubone's mother". Ninetails is... just fabulous. The change in type makes no sense whatsoever, but all points are null when the fabulus-ness overcomes any hater.

However, given the nature of the thread, I shall provide a little example. Meet the Alola forms of... COFAGRIGUS and TANGROWTH!!!!

dWHbK75.png

Both pokemon have their stats rearranged, but the general BST or the respective values are not altered, just change position.

Cofagrigus:

Type: FIGHTING

Ability: Soundproof

HP: 58

Atk: 105

Def: 95

SpA: 30

SpD: 50

Spe: 145

A-Cofagrigus is the one Fighting type that doesn't even blink at the presence of Hyper Voice, Bug Buzz, Boomburst or any other sound based move. He has great stats to work as a physical sweeper, as well as enough bulk to survive a hit or two. True counterpart of his Unovan original form.

Tangrowth

Type: Dark

Ability: Illusion

HP: 50

Atk: 125

Def: 50

SpA: 110

SpD: 100

Spe: 100

Tangrowth in this region has accepted its darker side and works more offensively than its Sinnoh normal counterpart. Its roots (hehe) in Kanto hinted towards an evil personality, which comes to the outside now that it doesn't really hide behind all those vines that were restraining it. Faster and fiercer, yet a bit weak on the defensive, surely makes a completely different pokemon than the one we began with. Tangrowth has had enough of you and your friends picking up on it and hitting it endlessly till you drop down from exhaustion. This time the strategy changes. This time... it haunts your dreams

I also found this gem

F4qoNI8.jpg