• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<<

>>

>Does this stuff anyways

>>Doesn't ask for money

>>>Knows what you want before you know you want it

I'm just going to warn you that if you do anything mod wise right now that you'll have to update it for a future episode which one should be coming soon which more or less means completely redoing everything you do...especially since this episode redoes Reborn City which oh boy am I not looking forward to for Hardcore which is why I designed it in a way to easily transfer stuff. I'm not trying to scare you as when I started Hardcore I was expecting something the size of a wagon, but my god is it a Semi in terms of work at points.

The biggest difference between the two of us I suppose is that I generally mass produce any mod I do (in fact most add ons are to help give it a bit more sandbox feel) while I see your trying to make a custom game for people...which uh...I don't know how much demand there really is for that since people don't expect much more than what they get from the maker. The reason Hardcore exists is because of a divide in the community appealing towards people who enjoyed the older reborn's style and difficulty.

I know Zeta and Omnicron really shined mostly because of all the features they had. It's weird when I say this, but I think Reborn's lack of them is both beneficial and hurtful to it at the same time. Anyways, I probably would do your research on stuff people like to do with their games and you'd kind of realize what to focus on. Here's my list of things that you could do:

-Radomizer (will be added to Hardcore)

-TM Breeding (added for Hardcore)

-Insurgence's Level System (added for Hardcore)

-Multiple difficulties (Hardcore is a custom made Hard mode...but there's no easy mode currently)

-Nuzlocke Mode

-Limit Features (No healing allowed, no switching, pp limiter, etc)

-Secret Base

-Tournament System (Hardcore has a pseudo gym leader castle but no other plans as of right now)

-Items replacing the HMs

-Alternate fights for leaders (one of my test projects in Hardcore)

I won't lie that people can come up with the craziest ideas for things to do to Hardcore, but I'm very limited in my programming skills as of right now so I have to be a bit theoretical. Besides I have AI hell to handle. I also advise to not make everything separate and compile it into one file unless something is very obscure or...you won't update it for future episodes (again, I know what I'm doing when I add stuff).

i think its fairly simple, but i would appreciate it if you could make me a mod for Reborn that makes the IVs of the pokemon have a minimum of 30 and maximum of 31 instead of the normal 0-31 range (Hopefully this affects every new pokemon generated in the game, opponents too). would ask for Rejuvenation as well but since you said 1 game per person.. :P Edit: i read better and you said 1 mod per game, not per person, so it would be nice if you actually did one for Reju too ^^

Edit2: can the Tmx mod coexist with other possible mods you make?

Edited by DemICE

Can I ask what is "Insurgence's Level System"? Couldn't find it anywhere.

I'm also going to make a little annoucement for E16. Have you ever said something like this: "GODDAMMIT COMMANDER! Chill out with the exp already. My Pokemon are way over the cap and now I gotta spend all my money on common candies." Well I have news for you. Hardcore Episode 16 will allow for an option called the level limiter. Basically it stops your Pokemon from gaining experience once they reach the cap (or the level limit for Corey or Kiki) until you beat that episode's gym leader. Don't like this idea? no problem! You can keep using the old method instead hassle free. I'll give a better description of it including the caps once Episode 16 is released.

Basically the lazy answer but Insurgence gives Pokemon only 1 exp per fight after they hit a certain level until another gym badge is gained iirc.

i think its fairly simple, but i would appreciate it if you could make me a mod for Reborn that makes the IVs of the pokemon have a minimum of 30 and maximum of 31 instead of the normal 0-31 range (Hopefully this affects every new pokemon generated in the game, opponents too). would ask for Rejuvenation as well but since you said 1 game per person.. :P Edit: i read better and you said 1 mod per game, not per person, so it would be nice if you actually did one for Reju too ^^

what's the point of 30-31 iv range?

what's the point of 30-31 iv range?

minimal breeding / soft-resetting / wild hunting

and since opponents will also have 30-31 iv range, fights will be more balanced.

now if you are asking why make it 30-31 iv range instead of only 31, it is because of hidden power

---------------------------

aaand some bug reporting

if the pokemon that uses the move is in last slot of box 34, errors like these occur:

http://imgur.com/LAaAHGU

http://imgur.com/oVfs86j

Edited by DemICE

• Developers

Commander: I just hope it can be toggled any time. I sometimes slightly overlevel a pokemon on purpose to learn new move or evolve and then use common candies to put it below the cap again.

Commander: I just hope it can be toggled any time. I sometimes slightly overlevel a pokemon on purpose to learn new move or evolve and then use common candies to put it below the cap again.

It will be toggleable, it states it in the annoucment post.

<<

>>

>Does this stuff anyways

>>Doesn't ask for money

>>>Knows what you want before you know you want it

I'm just going to warn you that if you do anything mod wise right now that you'll have to update it for a future episode which one should be coming soon which more or less means completely redoing everything you do...especially since this episode redoes Reborn City which oh boy am I not looking forward to for Hardcore which is why I designed it in a way to easily transfer stuff. I'm not trying to scare you as when I started Hardcore I was expecting something the size of a wagon, but my god is it a Semi in terms of work at points.

The biggest difference between the two of us I suppose is that I generally mass produce any mod I do (in fact most add ons are to help give it a bit more sandbox feel) while I see your trying to make a custom game for people...which uh...I don't know how much demand there really is for that since people don't expect much more than what they get from the maker. The reason Hardcore exists is because of a divide in the community appealing towards people who enjoyed the older reborn's style and difficulty.

I know Zeta and Omnicron really shined mostly because of all the features they had. It's weird when I say this, but I think Reborn's lack of them is both beneficial and hurtful to it at the same time. Anyways, I probably would do your research on stuff people like to do with their games and you'd kind of realize what to focus on. Here's my list of things that you could do:

-Radomizer (will be added to Hardcore)

-TM Breeding (added for Hardcore)

-Insurgence's Level System (added for Hardcore)

-Multiple difficulties (Hardcore is a custom made Hard mode...but there's no easy mode currently)

-Nuzlocke Mode

-Limit Features (No healing allowed, no switching, pp limiter, etc)

-Secret Base

-Tournament System (Hardcore has a pseudo gym leader castle but no other plans as of right now)

-Items replacing the HMs

-Alternate fights for leaders (one of my test projects in Hardcore)

I won't lie that people can come up with the craziest ideas for things to do to Hardcore, but I'm very limited in my programming skills as of right now so I have to be a bit theoretical. Besides I have AI hell to handle. I also advise to not make everything separate and compile it into one file unless something is very obscure or...you won't update it for future episodes (again, I know what I'm doing when I add stuff).

Hey, since I noticed you are kind of being competitive about modding... please don't.

I do this as a hobby and not to look like a great person.

So if you want to brag about your stuff do it in your threads.

Oh and I just wanna correct one thing:

- I don't care if someone else does mods for reborn because it's none of my business

- I don't make people pay for these I just tell them that they can donate if they want to

- I am not a mind reader and I don't have time to do research about people's needs

(simply because I don't really care about them and I have my own stuff to do ex. doing my project for my engineer degree)

Also you should learn not to tell people how to do their job,hobby etc., that's just rude :)

( I mean you didn't even check the tmx mods else you would've known that there is a notice in the ReadMe that I will be updating it for future episodes ;) )

EDIT: Promoting your own mods in my mod thread is low as hell :)

If you still insist on being butthurt about other people making mods then I will simply report your posts. (Not that I didn't report the ones you've already made)

I think the IVs counts as major cheating (let me think about it I will give you a response later on) and I said 1 mod per game not 1 game per person, so I will stick to Reborn tyvm.

1 mod per game also means that I won't be making mods that can coexist with each other (mostly for balance reasons)

Edited by KisuoX

I think the IVs counts as major cheating (let me think about it I will give you a response later on) and I said 1 mod per game not 1 game per person, so I will stick to Reborn tyvm.

1 mod per game also means that I won't be making mods that can coexist with each other (mostly for balance reasons)

I do not consider it cheating, because the way i imagine it should be, every randomly generated pokemon in that game, wild, event, opposing trainer/gym leader pokemon, will be within 30-31 IV range. since this applies for both sides (player and PC) i do not see why it would be a cheat instead of a mod.

Just popping in to remind you all to play nice here. Leave any arguments or disputes to private messages and if anything continues, bring it to me or another mod instead of continuing it here.

Just popping in to remind you all to play nice here. Leave any arguments or disputes to private messages and if anything continues, bring it to me or another mod instead of continuing it here.

I wrote what I had to say and reported his post. Not gonna continue this so don't worry :)

@DemIce

I see your point...

Ok I will make it.

EDIT:

@DemIce

Done. (Side note: I removed the inheriting of IVs to make it a bit more balanced.)

Have fun :)

Edited by KisuoX

Done. (Side note: I removed the inheriting of IVs to make it a bit more balanced.)

wow that was fast. thanks. ya plan to update your mods to E16 when its released?

inheriting would not matter much anyway since there is no practical difference between 30 and 31

Edit: nevermind, the readme answers my Q :P

Edited by DemICE

I'm not sure if this is possible, but let me try tossing an idea:

1. Digimon mod, available only in Glitch Field. You only ever encounter 1 Digimon at a time, but these Digimon has more than 4 skills (8? 12?), much higher HP and attack - so it's kinda like a boss battle.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but let me try tossing an idea:

1. Digimon mod, available only in Glitch Field. You only ever encounter 1 Digimon at a time, but these Digimon has more than 4 skills (8? 12?), much higher HP and attack - so it's kinda like a boss battle.

Well according to the rules I won't do something that major.

I mean I would have to make an exception to the moves list, add new moves, new digimon, spriting etc.

That would require lots of work considering I don't have rpgmaker. (I use only a script editor called Gemini.)

Sorry

Also notice to everyone else:

I am starting to play rejuvanation again and gonna check it's gameplay to get a general idea about it.

Maybe I will ask Jan if I could make mods for that as well. So yeah there is that :)

Edited by KisuoX

Pardon me for asking this, but if you made mods for Rejuvenation as well, wouldn't that be breaking your own rules? Assuming that you made these rules set in stone, of course.

Amethyst Approved

Hello everyone.
In this thread I will be posting my mods for Pokemon Reborn.
I would like to ask you to post your ideas for mods that you would like me to make. :D

Mod Rules:

- no major cheating (I won't make a mod that makes the game easy as hell)
- no major overhauls (don't ask me to make something that requires to change 25% or more of the game's code)

- 1 mod per game Going from this rule, since this is more along the lines of my question than the other rules. (I'm making one modification per scripts file, just because I don't want to make the game too easy for you :) )

- NEW no mods that require more than coding (I am not a spriter, nor do I have rpgmaker so all I can do is create new code or modify the existing one)

Mods:

- TMX Mod

Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/eaznm8 (fixed the crash when you dont have a pokemon with needed tmx in storage)
Description: This mod let's you use pokemon with tmx moves that are in a pokemon storage box (specified in the readme)

- IVs Mod

Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/scuk4m

Description: This mod changes the IVs range to 30-31

- InsurgenceLv Mod

Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/urxn5u

Description: This mod makes pokemon gain only 1 exp. after they defeat another pokemon, if they are at (or above) the badge level cap.

All mods are updated for episode 15

Feel free to donate $R (forum points)

Hey, since I noticed you are kind of being competitive about modding... please don't.
I do this as a hobby and not to look like a great person.

So if you want to brag about your stuff do it in your threads.

Oh and I just wanna correct one thing:
- I don't care if someone else does mods for reborn because it's none of my business

- I don't make people pay for these I just tell them that they can donate if they want to

- I am not a mind reader and I don't have time to do research about people's needs

(simply because I don't really care about them and I have my own stuff to do ex. doing my project for my engineer degree)

Also you should learn not to tell people how to do their job,hobby etc., that's just rude :)

( I mean you didn't even check the tmx mods else you would've known that there is a notice in the ReadMe that I will be updating it for future episodes ;) )

EDIT: Promoting your own mods in my mod thread is low as hell :)

If you still insist on being butthurt about other people making mods then I will simply report your posts. (Not that I didn't report the ones you've already made) Not really part of my question, so that's why I'm crossing this part out.

I think the IVs counts as major cheating (let me think about it I will give you a response later on) and I said 1 mod per game not 1 game per person, so I will stick to Reborn tyvm. This is also what I mean as I'm asking this question, as you specifically said you would indeed be making mods for just Reborn.

Well according to the rules I won't do something that major.
I mean I would have to make an exception to the moves list, add new moves, new digimon, spriting etc.

That would require lots of work considering I don't have rpgmaker. (I use only a script editor called Gemini.)
Sorry

Also notice to everyone else:
I am starting to play rejuvanation again and gonna check it's gameplay to get a general idea about it.

Maybe I will ask Jan if I could make mods for that as well. So yeah there is that :)Which lead me into asking my question. Why the sudden change of heart?

Now I'm not trying to start anything up in here, as A. That would be completely disrespectful of me, and it would be embarrassing for a lot of people, and B. Drama is the last thing I'm sure any of us would want. My question is a matter of curiosity. Nothing more, nothing less. I do understand that the announcement is a "Maybe" thing, so I guess it just means we'll have to wait and see. Does this mean that in the event of you doing mods for Rejuvenation, you'll revise the rules, or will they still be set in stone like before?

Anyways, that is all I have to say about it. Hope you have a good day, man.

Pardon me for asking this, but if you made mods for Rejuvenation as well, wouldn't that be breaking your own rules? Assuming that you made these rules set in stone, of course.

Now I'm not trying to start anything up in here, as A. That would be completely disrespectful of me, and it would be embarrassing for a lot of people, and B. Drama is the last thing I'm sure any of us would want. My question is a matter of curiosity. Nothing more, nothing less. I do understand that the announcement is a "Maybe" thing, so I guess it just means we'll have to wait and see. Does this mean that in the event of you doing mods for Rejuvenation, you'll revise the rules, or will they still be set in stone like before?

Anyways, that is all I have to say about it. Hope you have a good day, man.

1 mod per game means that I will make only one mod per script file O.o

I even have it written there.

Anyhow, as for the reply that I won't be making ones for Rejuvenation I wanted to clarify what the 1 mod per game means, because DemIce missunderstood it as 1 game to mod per person.

Now that I finished my rerun of Reborn I wanted to see how far Rejuvanation has come so atm I am considering it as well which I didn't do when I made that reply about it :)

Hope this clears things up :D

@KisuoX: Do you make mods of Hardcore as well? If so I'll likely have one easy to do request once E16 hardcore is released.

No. I would also appreciate it if you would keep stuff about other mods outside of my thread tyvm :)

Edited by KisuoX

@KisuoX: Do you make mods of Hardcore as well? If so I'll likely have one easy to do request once E16 hardcore is released.

If need be, you can place a request in the Hardcore page in the Fan-game expose along with discussions of modding it (depending on the quest I may deny it for reasons or make it private) along with discussion of other mods that have hardcore involved with them until a proper place is established for discussion on all mods. KisuoX has made it quite clear he does not welcome discussions on mods not made by him and I'd rather not get dragged into something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note, the Insurgence level system mod is bugged in which any Pokemon at the cap gains 1 exp point per ko whether or not they participate in battle. While it's not a major issue, it can get very annoying should someone grind-a-thon in the game.

Edit2: InsurgenceLv mod fixed.
FPS mod coming soon.

Edit3:
FPS mod beta finished, I suggest that you try it out. It might make your game go smooth, I don't know if it was just for me. More in the ReadMe

Edit4:
FPS mod hotfixes are done

Edited by KisuoX

• Global Mods

How about a mod that adds a pokemons egg moves to their level 0 move relearner pool so you don't have to breed a new copy of a team member just to get an egg move for it. (potentially pre-evolution moves too)

How about a mod that adds a pokemons egg moves to their level 0 move relearner pool so you don't have to breed a new copy of a team member just to get an egg move for it. (potentially pre-evolution moves too)

Hmm so basically you want me to expand the move relearner's move list, by adding egg moves and pre-evolution moves to it?

Yea I can do that. I am a bit worried about the pre-evolution stuff so if I run into any problems with that I will let you know.