Reborn Mods

ArcsyKay

The EggRelearn Mod is out!

After a lot of thinking I decided to not add the preevolution moves, because that would just ruin the game

Everyone enjoy :)

(Any feedback on bugs would be appreciated)

Edit:
Edited the main thread to let everyone know who gave me the idea for each mod.

Edited by KisuoX

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Why? I'm just curious.

well more level of difficulties is essentially editing the gyms and a large number of trainers to have higher level pokemon or even changed teams. that is certainly less simple than just changint some variables

well more level of difficulties is essentially editing the gyms and a large number of trainers to have higher level pokemon or even changed teams. that is certainly less simple than just changint some variables

To put it simple I would have to go through 100% of the code, have decent knowledge when it comes to competitive battles (which I don't have), know every quest and side quest in Reborn and so on.

I am making a multi-register item mod already, working on a project for my engineer's degree and also I have a real life job.

So yeah I simply don't have time for major mods :)

Edit:

I am also planning on reviving my youtube channel which gives me even less time :/

Edited by KisuoX

Why? I'm just curious.

Level adjustment themselves are pretty easy as someone made a code online that does this and he has given permission to use it in Rpgmaker games. I used it a modified version of this as kind of a test to get a feel for it.

Anyways, the person doing an easy mode of the game has to define what an easy mode is. Is it a simple vanilla reborn with teams cut down a few members? Are some feature removed or adjusted such as the complete removal of the level cap or even field effects? Will experience be easier to gain as levels will be slower paced? While some of this can be done through scripts, the bulk of it should be done through the PBSfiles which technically you need RPGmakerXP to change it. It's quite a bit of work especially given the size of Reborn.

Updated the links

Edit:
Thinking about doing a trading script between Reborn and Rejuv for Reborn Episode 16.
What do you guyz think?
It would look something like this:

1. Save the pokemon as a file
2. Delete the pokemon from party
3. Load the pokemon from file to party
4. Delete the file

So basically something like a cut/paste (the delete is there to make it an actual trade and not a copy/paste)

Edited by KisuoX

Updated the links

Edit:

Thinking about doing a trading script between Reborn and Rejuv for Reborn Episode 16.

What do you guyz think?

It would look something like this:

1. Save the pokemon as a file

2. Delete the pokemon from party

3. Load the pokemon from file to party

4. Delete the file

So basically something like a cut/paste (the delete is there to make it an actual trade and not a copy/paste)

I think the only thing missing with your logic is giving access to the trading process but from what I see the logic feels sound. Though I feel this is more of a transfer and not a trade, which is useful, but a trade involves two Pokemon being traded from two different saves that also allows for trade evolutions to function.

Erm, I can't seem to be able to access the other thread. It's a shame because I thought about something that might benefit Monotype runs, namely a mod where you can choose a type and you would only be allowed to use Mons that were valid (Like if you try to put an invalid mon into your team it would say "This Pokemon's type is not allowed in your current run"), as well as adding some starter choices for those monos that don't have a valid starter.

Edited by Anstane

Erm, I can't seem to be able to access the other thread. It's a shame because I thought about something that might benefit Monotype runs, namely a mod where you can choose a type and you would only be allowed to use Mons that were valid (Like if you try to put an invalid mon into your team it would say "This Pokemon's type is not allowed in your current run"), as well as adding some starter choices for those monos that don't have a valid starter.

They did something with it without telling me what or why. Probably deleted it and didn't let me copy it back here so, please be patient...

Edit:

Thread is back up

Edited by KisuoX

Quick update

1. I won't be releasing any mods even when they are ready untill E16 comes out (since it's at 80+%).

I am still adding suggestions to my to-do list if I think they are worth doing.

2. Since online play is coming with E17 then once it's released the mods that are unfair will flag your savefile so it will restrict access to some online features.(ex. EggRelearn Mod and IVs Mod)

I will put a comment next to each one and also add a prompt in the menu if someone tries to turn them on asking "Are you sure? Your savefile will be flagged." or something like that.

Edited by KisuoX

maybe the flagging should start from yesterday now.

because if i really want to be a douche against dem internet peepz, (im personally trying to be the opposite), i can revert my reborn episode to 15, put my current IV mod, get a bunch of pokemon, and then go back to E17 pretending to be clean.

Edited by DemICE

maybe the flagging should start from yesterday now.

because if i really want to be a douche against dem internet peepz, (im personally trying to be the opposite), i can revert my reborn episode to 15, put my current IV mod, get a bunch of pokemon, and then go back to E17 pretending to be clean.

Don't worry about it :) I talked things through with Marcello :)

• 2 weeks later...

how about a mod that lets you set EVs ?

The IV one doesn't seem to work, i extracted it in the Data folder, opened the game and not my pokemon nor encounters have 30-31 ivs.

1. Denied

2. It works, DemIce tested it and I tested it.

It affects the pokemon that you encounter after you replace the script data.

Edit:

Just tested it on 5 different encounters and each of them had IVs 30-31.

Edited by KisuoX

• Global Mods

I think the save flagging is a good idea. However, would it be possible to just flag the Pokemon affected? I.e the ones that have been encountered with the IV mod on or ones that have relearned a move not normally on its relearn list? It would kinda suck to use these helpful mods for your singleplayer comfort and then want to do some online interactions with pokemon unaffected by the mods but have to restart the game instead. If thats not easily doable, I guess people can just suck it up though.

I think the save flagging is a good idea. However, would it be possible to just flag the Pokemon affected? I.e the ones that have been encountered with the IV mod on or ones that have relearned a move not normally on its relearn list? It would kinda suck to use these helpful mods for your singleplayer comfort and then want to do some online interactions with pokemon unaffected by the mods but have to restart the game instead. If thats not easily doable, I guess people can just suck it up though.

You can ask Marcello about that. I try not to talk too much about the online mode since he asked me not to do so.

Me and Marcello are on good terms and I don't want to ruin it you know :)