Fates: Create Your Own Unit

Chase

(credit goes to Ikaru for helping me think of this with an AMA question he asked here. Congrats, sir.)

So. I was thinking along the lines of - if I were a fire emblem character - what unit and skills would I have? - then Ikaru asked me what my favorite default RPG weapon was or something and it just seemed like this thread had to be made at that point - however, I do have a formula for it.

1. SELECT UP TO FIVE POTENTIAL "PERSONAL SKILLS"

Personals in Fates are the ones that apply to the character they as associated with and are the first skill listed on any character... For example - 'Haiku' is the personal skill of Mitama and 'Sweet Tooth' is the personal skill of Asugi. You can't ever remove a personal skill.

The reason I would like more than one here - before we start the unit template - is because personal skills reflect the units personality and I like learning about people. If you can only think of one, that's okay.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Personal_Skills_in_Fire_Emblem_Fates <- Personals List

2. SELECT AN UNPROMOTED CLASS

Here you select the class branch that fits your preferences the most. I want you to go with an unpromoted class here. (for example, if you feel that you would make a great Malig Knight - list Wyvern Rider instead) Your unpromoted class also usually reveals your favorite weapon and if you would like to fight mounted or grounded in most cases.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/93284/fire-emblem-fates-class-and-promotion-guide <- list of classes

3. SELECT 5 SKILLS

...following this template to keep the "personality test" feel going.

1. [personal]

2. basic skill

3. basic skill

4. promoted class skill not including faire/breaker

5. promoted class skill not including faire/breaker

6. faire/breaker skill.

4. SELECT GROWTHS AND STAT MODIFIERS

... optional - but shows your proficiency and deficiency as a person, which again helps with the personality test feel. Growth rates are typically given in percentages (which indicate the chances that skill will improve upon level up) Stat Modifiers are put into play with + and - signs followed by a single digit number no greater than 5 in most cases (to indicate the units personal influence on their stats)

5. SELECT MAIN WEAPON AND A SIDEARM

... to give us a feel for personal taste.

---

Hunter

Personals: Vow of Friendship (Silas), Fiery Blood (Rinka), Fierce Rival (Selena), Reciprocity (Kaden), Divine Intervention (Azama)

Class: Mercenary (Naturally promotes to Bow Knight; also promotes to Hero)

Skills:

> Fiery Blood (when Hunter is at less than full HP, damage is increased by four.)

> Strong Riposte (damage is increased by three when counterattacking.)

> HP + 5 (increases HP by five.)

> Defender (when Hunter is the lead unit, increases all stats (barring Movement) by one.)

> Counter (when an adjacent enemy initiates combat with Hunter, he deals all non-fatal damage back to the attacker.)

> Swordfaire (grants five additional damage when using a sword/katana.)

Growths:

HP 50%, Strength 45%, Magic 0%, Skill 45%, Speed 25%, Luck, 35%, Defense 50%, Resistance 30%

Modifiers:

+ 3 Strength, -2 Magic, + 2 Skill, +1 Luck, +1 Defense, 0 Resistance

Weapons:

> Nohrian Blade (Tempered with Nohrian steel. A defensive blade.)

> Surefire Yumi (An accurate yumi that requires stillness to operate properly.)

hmmmmm... interesting...

Ceph

Personals: Bushido (Ryoma), Noble Cause (Shiro), In Extremis (Scarlet)

Class: Myrmidon - promotes to Swordmaster / Weapon Master

(screw Samurai, I'll be the cooler counterpart of all the other games! ... seriously, why doesn't Nohr have a Myrmidon class?)

Skills:

> Personal Skill: Bushido (When own level higher or equal to support partners -> Critical Rate +10, Damage dealt +2, Damage recieved -2)

> Sol (Restores HP equal to half the amount of damage done to the enemy - Activation Chance: Skill/2 in %)

> Death Blow (When user triggers the battle, Critical rate +20 - Passive)

> Leathality (Chance to instantly kill the enemy - Activation Chance: Skill/4 in %)

> Astra (Chance to strike the enemy 5 times with 1/2 of the normal damage [every single hit has a chance to be a critical hit] - Activation Chance: Skill/2 in %)

> Lancebreaker (Hit/Evade +50, when enemy equipped with a Lance)

[GOD it was so painful to choose... you know... if there was a reveres Duelist Blow (gain Evade when the ENEMY attacks), I would have chose that instead of Sol]

Growths:

HP: 40%, Strength: 50%, Magic 0%, Skill 60%, Speed 60%, Luck 40%, Defense 25%, Resistance 30%

Modifiers:

0 Strength, - 3 Magic, + 3 Skill, + 2 Speed, +1 Luck, 0 Defense, +1 Resistance

Weapons:

> Killing Edge (A highly potent and Lethal Sword. High Crit rate and increased Critical damage, -10 evade)

> Sunrise Katana (A Blade suitable for defensive Combat. low damage, high Evade)

[> Practice Katana (Light as a feather, and used in training. Additional bonus on speed)] - yeah I know only one side-arm... but I like my Practice Katana +2 in game :P

I guess to clarify - when I say Merc naturally promotes to Bow Knight over Hero, I mean that if that character is me specifically, I would opt for Bow Knight. It would appear the Mercenary line directly promotes to Hero while Bow Knight is the alternative for anyone else in the game.

---

I like your choice of personal skills because Ryoma, Scarlet, and Shiro should have been a family .... and Scarlet has no business being a Corrinsexual.

Those 5 skills are pretty powerful. You must be a demigod or something :D

---

I'll go ahead and explain myself a bit.

My five personal skills are a combination of brashness, loyalty, and piety - three qualities that I associate with myself fairly quickly. Reciprocity and Vow of Friendship generally come from "smiley" nice people - but Silas' loyalty and Kaden's favor returning are still traits I have despite not being totally like them in terms of demeanor. I tend to come off more like Rinkah or ........hopefully not very much... like Severa until actually deciding to become someone's friend in the meantime, so their personals fit too. Azama's is a salute to having faith in a greater power - which is a theme with me.

Throughout RPGs I've played - I've always cherished the idea of mixed classes or removing the idea of "classes" in general. In a game called RuneScape I primarily used a bow, but scored most of my KOs in PvP with a two-handed sword up-close. The blade has always enamored me more than firing arrows from a distance away due to various forms of art - such as Star Wars - and to the various types of design employed. This would inspire my faire/breaker skill selection too.

Strong Riposte, HP + 5, Defender, Counter coupled with my stat growths/mods make for what appears to be some sort of offensive unit with a bit of bulk to him........that is focused on retaliation and defense as opposed to pure aggression. One of the running strengths I've had is that I am very resilient in real life, and have a bad habit of defending myself and others when attacked or questioned. - this inspired a unit that mimicked that - while also being able to display his loyalty to his allies. I think it's a fairly accurate representation of how I view myself...and I think it's a fun application to a video game that mirrors it.

Quotes

When supporting another unit:

> "Who is this?"

> "I'm in your corner."

> "Here we go again..."

> "...Sure, why not."

When Dual-Guarding another unit:

> "You'll have to get through me first!"

> (to ally) "Wake up, will ya?"

> (to ally) "You could keep yourself alive..."

> "Not on MY watch."

> "I would advise you not try that again."

Critical:

> "Wrong place, WRONG TIME!"

> "Checkmate... Sucker."

> "This is only going to hurt a LOT."

> "....had to be done!"

Defeated:

>"No....I didn't protect...you.."

Victorious:

> "....Good fight."

> "Circumstantial."

> "Excellent!"

> "Beat THAT."

Victor:

Personal Skills: Supportive (Corrin/Avatar), Pragmatic (Leo), Perfectionist (Subaki), Competitive (Takumi), and Optimist (Kiragi).

Class: Dark Mage- promotes to Sorcerer and Dark Knight

Bows are easily my favorite weapon but I would almost certainly be a far better Magical Unit than a physical one. Sigh.

Skills:

1. Pragmatic (Leo)

2. Aptitude (Growth Rates +20%)

3. Good Fortune (Recover 20% of health at beginning of user's turn Luck% of the time)

4. Quixotic (Hit rate of user and enemy +30, Skill Activation Rate in battle for user and enemy +15)

5. Countermagic (FE Version of Mirror Coat)

6. Tomefaire (+5 Damage when tome/scroll equipped)

Growths/Stat Modifiers:

HP: 15% Strength: 5% Magic: 45% Skill: 30% Speed: 30% Luck: 40% Defense: 10% Resistance: 20%

Weapons:

>Thunder (Tome)- equivalent of Iron weapons

>Paper (Scroll)- Critical Evade +10, Speed +1, Not designed for battle...

Pragmatic is easily one of my favorite personal skills in the game. Leo is by far the best unit in Conquest's version of Chapter 6, dispatching Hinoka and Takumi handily with Pragmatic's help.

(does more damage against previously injured foes.)

I think Leo's a fairly relate-able character. He's so real - which is one of the reasons I like him.

Very well.

Personal skills (x5):

Supportive (Avatar)

Reciprocity (Kaden)

Evasive Partner (Jakob)

Playthings (Selkie)

Opportunist (Beruka)

Misfortunate, In Extremis

Class:

FE 9/10 Thief. RIP 1 range daggers

FE 6/7/8/11/12/13 Thief. RIP swords.

Ninja (since it's the closest to the class I'd end up as, see above)

[Promotion path choice: Master Ninja]

Skills:

MU: Supportive (What I liked about Corrin: a skill that actually matched me)

B1: Swap ("swap" command: switch spaces with an adjacent ally)

B2: Shelter ("shelter" command: rescue ally to defensive position)

P1: Inspiration (+/- 2 damage to nearby allies)

P2: Grisly Wound (Enemies lose 20% max HP after battle)

W: Shurikenbreaker (+50 hit/avoid versus shurikens/knives)

Growths:

40% HP, 30% Str, 5% Mag, 35% Skl, 75% Spd, 40% Lk, 50% Def, 35% Res

Modifiers (bear with the illegal one, as it is important):

-3 HP, +0 Str, -2 Mag, +0 Skl, +5 Spd, -3 Lk, +4 Def, +3 Res

Weapons:

Kagero's Dart [Main]

Nohrian Blade [side]

Azura's/Gunter's Potion [item]

Being honest here, I need to indicate the item because I more likely than not would have one of those on me, but it is not a weapon.

Edited by Cobalt996

Krim

[Wyvern - Ulial]

Logbook Description: A Nohrian dark mage from the Ice Tribe. Befriended an undead dragon after an experiment went wrong. Very intelligent, but terribly unlucky. He always speaks slowly yet deliberately, and is seldom seen without a book in his hand. Would prefer to quest in search of knowledge, rather than fight, but does so when he feels it necessary. Dislikes heat the most. Born on 2/22.

Personals: Icy Blood (Flora), Pragmatic (Leo), Perspicacious (Yukimura), Bibliophile (Ophelia)

Class: Wyvern Rider (Promotes to Malig Knight/Wyvern Lord)

[Promotion Choice: Malig Knight]

Skills:

Personal Skill: Icy Blood (When HP is not full and he sustains damage, the enemy receives half the same damage and the enemy's skill and speed are decreased by 3.)

1: Malefic Aura (Enemies within two spaces take +2 damage from magical attacks)

2: Poison Strike (When User initiates battle, enemys lose 20% HP after the battle)

3: Draconic Hex (After battle, enemys suffer -4 to all stats)

4: Luna (Skill % chance of ignoring enemys defense [if unit has a physical weapon equipped] or Resistance [if magical weapon is equipped]

5: Axefaire (When user is equipped with an axe, +5 damage during battle)

Growths:

HP: 50%, Str: 30%, Mag: 60%, Skl: 40%, Spe 55%, Lck: 10%, Def: 30%, Res: 40%

Modifiers:

0 Str, +4 Mag, 0 Skl, +2 Spe, -4 Lck, 0 Def, +2 Res

Weapons:

>(Primary) Bolt Axe (Magic Weapon, cannot trigger special skills or inflict critical hits)

>(Secondary) Venge Club (Might is doubled if enemy initiates the attack)

>(Upon Promotion)>Fimbulvetr (Follow up attack speed -3)

Quotes:

Victory:
>1: "Another falls..."

>2: "I guess that's the end."

>3: "The cold takes another."
>4: "No...resistance..?"

Assisted Victory:

>1: "...Just my luck."

>2: "...Again?"

>3: "Ulial could've handled that..."

>4: "Good enough...I suppose."

Support:
>1: "Are you sure you want...our help?"

>2: "We're here for you..."
>3: "...Just attack. No use for hesitation."
>4: "Fine. We'll cover if we must."

Dual Attack:
>1: "....We'll take care of this."

>2: "Ah...an opportunity."

>3: "...You're going to have to move faster."
>4: "Couldn't predict this?"

Dual Guard:

>1: "...Watch yourself."

>2: "Be more careful."
>3: "Can't even handle this...?"

>4: "You're luckier than I."

Critical/Skill Activation:
>1: "....Predicted."
>2: "Give in to the cold."
>3: "Pray now...if you must."
>4: "My luck....has turned!"

Level Up:
0-1 Stats:
"...Typical."

2-3 Stats: "Not bad.."
4-5 Stats: "...Is my luck beginning to turn?"

6 Stats: "Finally...power like this might be of use to someone."

Class Change:

"Oh, Ulial...How good it feels to finally hold a tome again..."

Retreat: (Casual)

These wounds are...problematic. You're on your own...but expect us back to finish this.

Retreat: (Classic)
This....ah. We can't continue like this....goodbye. For now....

Death:
And so the cold and the dark finally take me....I've known them...since I've worn these robes. I fear them not....But you...Ulial...fly home...Archanea holds a better life...than you've ever had...with me.....

Ill give a bit of information here.

Personal skills: They mostly reflect my personality. I love reading (Bibliophile), like to solve problems practically (Pragmatic), tend to pick up and understand things quickly (Perspicacious) and Ive been told I can be rather cold at times (Icy Blood).

Weapons/Class:

Ive always liked dwarves when compared to most races in things like The Lord of the Rings, so axes are a natural choice to me. Being able to throw them gives them a distinct advantage that swords don't have.

In line with weapons, magic has always intrigued me no matter where it is. I love all the lore behind it, especially in the older Fire Emblem games. (Jugdral and Elibe specifically have amazing magic lore that more people need to get into).

Dragons are my favorite mythical creature, and Wyvern Rider>Malig Knight combines all three of these features into one class, which makes it my favorite class in Fates.

Skills:

I tried to go with a more intelligence based approach with these. If an enemy is too powerful for you alone to kill, it's best to wound it as much as you can so that one of your allies can pick it off instead. Luna and Axefaire work best for dealing massive damage, and a former dark mage with a skill involving the night makes sense, I suppose.

Growths/Mods: High intelligence and agility (Mag/Spe), but a weak constitution (Def/HP) and terrible luck fits me pretty well.

Weapons: Bolt Axe for combining my two favorite weapon types into one weapon. Venge Club for a more intelligent approach to enemy phase (Letting the enemies come to you so you can easily predict them.). Fimbulvetr because I love ice and it's by far my favorite type of magic, and I'd say it was his weapon before taming the wyvern. (Although it would definitely have the gba animations and not the fates one. It makes me sad that sprite based magic looks so much better than 3D magic despite being on better hardware.I know the 3DS can't handle Tellius quality magic animations, but not even gba? Come on Intelligent Systems. Be real. :/ )

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Inno (A young Hoshidan with skill as an archer. Loves himself too much, but is willing to give others his kindness.)

Personal Skills
Vow of Friendship (Silas)
Optimist (Setsuna)
Daydream (Nina)

Competitive (Takumi)
Pride (Hayato)

Class

Archer (promotes to Sniper or Kinshi Knight)
>Promotion Preference: Kinshi Knight

Skills
Personal Skill:
Optimist (When user is healed by a staff, they recover 1.5 times the normal HP)
Skill #1: Darting Blow (When user triggers the battle, follow up attack speed +5)

Skill #2: Certain Blow (When user triggers the battle, Hit rate +40)

Skill #3: Astra (Skill x 0.5% chance of triggering 5 consecutive hits with half damage)

Skill #4: Life and Death (During battles, damage +10, damage received +10)

Skill #5: Bowfaire (When user is equipped with a Bow, damage +5 during battle)

Growths

HP: 30% | Str: 50% | Mag: 25% | Skl: 35% | Spe: 60% | Luk: 25% | Def: 15% | Res: 15%

Modifiers

HP: +0 | Str: +4 | Mag: +0 | Skl: +2| Spe: +4 | Luk: +0 | Def: -3 | Res: -3

Weapons

Primary

>As Archer: Surefire Yumi (B rank, 10 Might, 120 Accuracy, 0 Crit, -30 Avoid, 2 Range, Effect: Defence -4 and Resistance -2)

>As Kinshi Knight: Surefire Yumi (B rank, 10 Might, 120 Accuracy, 0 Crit, -30 Avoid, 2 Range, Effect: Defence -4 and Resistance -2)

>As Sniper: Pursuer (S rank, 22 Might, 80 Accuracy, 10 Crit, -10 Avoid, 2 Range, Effect: Defence -5 and Resistance -3; follow up attack speed +5, enemy’s follow up attack speed +5)

Secondary

>As Archer: Dual Yumi (C rank, 55 Accuracy, 5 Crit, 0 Avoid, 2 Range, Effect: Reverses the weapon triangle and doubles weapon triangle effects)

>As Kinshi Knight: Effie's Lance (C rank, 16 Might, 65 Accuracy, 0 Crit, 0 Avoid, 1 Range, Effect: Follow up attack speed -5, enemy’s follow up attack speed +5)

>As Sniper: Dual Yumi (C rank, 55 Accuracy, 5 Crit, 0 Avoid, 2 Range, Effect: Reverses the weapon triangle and doubles weapon triangle effects)

Quotes

Victory

>#1: "I'm just too fast for ya!"
>#2: "Easy!"

>#3: "Well, that was boring."

>#4: "Aw, yeah!"

Assisted Victory

>#1: "Hey, I coulda handled that."

>#2: "Heh, thanks."

>#3: "That was useful."

>#4: "I guess I did need your help."

Support

>#1: "I mean, if you need my help."

>#2: "I gotcha, friend."

>#3: "Try not to miss."

>#4: "They don't stand a chance."

Dual Guard

>#1: "Are you paying attention?!"

>#2: "You're more useful alive than dead!"

>#3: "It's not over yet!"

>#4: "Leave no opening!"

Dual Attack

>#1: "My turn!"

>#2: "Not enough!"

>#3: "I'll finish this!"

>#4: "There's an opening!"

Critical/Skill Activation

>#1: "I see a weak point!"

>#2: "Try and dodge this!"

>#3: "Who's the frail one here?!"

>#4: "I'd hope for a miracle, if I were you!"

Level up

>0-1: "Um... I just didn't want to make you all feel like you're lagging behind!"

>2-3: "Not bad, I'd say. But obviously not my best."

>4+: "Did you expect any less of me?"

>Capped: "Oh well. My best is amazing, anyway."

>Promotion: "I'm always learnin' new ways to impress ya."

On Death
>Retreating (Casual): "Gya, that hurt! I better get out of here before I lose anything important."

>Retreating (Classic): "Sorry, Corrin, but I can no longer help your cause. I'm out of here before these wounds get any worse."

>Death: "Was that really the best I could do..? Guess I'll be just as useful soon..."

Edited by InnocentBoy

Jacob

Description

A Nohrian Commander known for his defences. Arrogant, but cares for those who fight alongside him. The least likely to acknowledge his mistakes. Born on 28th September.

Personal Skills

Optimistic (Setsuna)

Opportunist (Beruka)

Chivalry (Xander)

Quiet Strength (Sakura)

Class

Cavalier

(promotes to Great Knight and Paladin. Personal Choce: Paladin)

Skills

Optimistic (Personal)

Elbow Room

Shelter

Luna

Aegis

Axebreaker (I know it's not in this line, but nothing in the faire/breaker skills is sooooo...)

Growth Rates

20% HP, 30% Str, 5% Mag, 40% Skl, 35% Spd, 40% Lk, 40% Def, 45% Res

Modifiers

0 HP, +1 Str, -1 Mag, =1 Skl, 0 Spd, +1 Lk, +2 Def, +3 Res

Weapons

Primary-Hexlock Spear (Resistance +8)

Secondary-Nohrian Blade (Defense +3)

If upgraded to Great Knight-Raider Axe (Strips enemy when user has weapon triangle advantage, ability to double attack +3)

Quotes

Victory

"That all you got?"

"Not even close."

"My defence is impenetrable!"

"Always getting better."

Assisted Victory

"Cheers for that!"

"I'll pay you back sometime"

"I totally could've handled that!"

"Not bad!"

Support

"Let me in on this!"

"Together we'll conquer!"

"Need a hand?"

"Stay focused!"

Dual Guard

"Are you blind?!"

"Not happening bro!"

"Here's your chance!"

"Must I do everything?"

Dual Attack

"Double up!"

"Let me try!"

"I got this!"

"Go down already!"

Critical/Skill

"Here comes Jacob!"

"I am unbreakable!"

"This is gonna hurt!"

"Time's up!"

Death

Retreating (Casual)-"Ugh, I let down my defences. Better retreat, you guys'll need me in the future!"

Retreating (Classic)-"Even the strongest shield can't defend forever! Sorry guys, I gotta get out while I can!"

Death-"So this is it...I'm sorry everyone...I failed you..."

Level Up

0-1:"Surely I'm better than this..."

2-3:"Moving on up."

4-5:"My defence is sturdier than ever."

6-7:"I am unstoppable!"

0-1(Most stats capped):"Even I can't get stronger forever."

Class Change

"Just when I thought I was beginning to peak..."

Assisted Victory

"Way to take initiative..."

"How did you even..."

".....I appreciate it, I guess."

"Phew...thanks."

Defeat (Casual):

You've gotta be kidding me... Oh well, better recover while I still can.

Defeat (Classic):

Agh.....Now?.......No....For my friends, I can't let go just yet.

Description:

A quick-to-anger Nohrian civilian with expertise in bows and swordplay. Fiercely defends himself as well as those he can be bothered to care for.

Leave it to you to create another great thread that I can't resist posting in. You'll have to let me know if you think mine's accurate.

Sheep

Unit Description: A prodigal monk and scholar. Level headed, and supportive off the field, but lacks humility for his talents and doesn't have the stomach for killing... literally.

Personal Skills: Pride, Supportive, Calm, Vow of Friendship, and Peacebringer.

Class: Monk.

Promotion Preference: Onmyoji.

Skills:

Peacebringer

Miracle

Good Fortune

Inspiration

Amaterasu

Tomefaire

Growths:

HP: 25% Str: 10% Mag: 60% Skl: 35% Spd: 50% Lck: 60% Def: 15% Res: 60%

Modifiers:

Str: -3 Mag: +3 Spd: +1 Lck: +3 Def: -3 Res: +3

Weapons:

Sheep Spirit

Bird Spirit

Sun Festival

Quotes:

When supporting another unit:

Have a bit of faith.

I know you can do it.

You'll be fine, better than fine.

I've got your back.

Don't worry, I'll patch it up after.

When Dual-Guarding another unit:

Nah mate.

Not this time!

Try harder next time.

It'll take more than that.

(To ally) You okay?

Critical:

You brought this upon yourself.

If there was another path, I would take it.

I still prefer healing.

I wish you peace.

Death:

Didn't... see... that one coming...

Victorious:

It shouldn't have come to this.

They're only practice dummies, they're only practice dummies.

This makes me sick.

Godspeed.

**Deep inhaling and exhaling**

Assisted victory:

We did it!

Such skill!

That was a hell of a hit.

You don't even feel a little queasy?

Thanks for the help.

Defeat (Casual):

That one near killed me, I can't help in this state.

Defeat (Classic):

Urgh... I can't... move my...

Cobalt.

I like the Anti-ninjutsu supportive ninja thing you have going on - and that Corrin was a close personality to you. Neat stuff.

Krim

the backstory's kinda neat - along with the magic-based Malig Knight build you got there. Hopefully you have the weapon rank needed for Boltaxe prior to Master Sealing!

I'm also realizing how fantastic Flora's personal is. It's a shame you get her so late.

Jacob

We're probably similar people!

Inno

YEEEEE Surefire Yumi.

Sheep

I'd say that one is fairly accurate - I'm most confused by the magic preferences here. I knew you liked Azama a lot.

Sheep

I'd say that one is fairly accurate - I'm most confused by the magic preferences here. I knew you liked Azama a lot.

I like Azama for his troll personality. My body build could pretty accurately be described as matchsticks with the wood shaved off and of course I'm highly intelligent, a combination usually associated with a brains over brawn mentality and thus the magical side of the spectrum.

• Administrators

tfw no bow+tome class

Name: Ikaru

Personal Skill(s): Icy Blood (Flora), Supportive (Avatar), Fierce Rival (Selena), Competitive (Takumi), Gallant (Siegbert)

Class: Dark Mage (Promotes to Sorcerer / Dark Knight)

Skills:

Personal Skill: Fierce Rival (When Ikaru is the support unit, if the front unit triggers a critical hit, the user is guaranteed a critical hit (if their attack connects).)

1: Certain Blow (When user triggers the battle, Hit rate +40)

2: Strong Riposte (When enemy triggers the battle, damage +3)

3: Replicate (Select the “Replicate” command once per map to create a replica with the same appearance, stats, inventory and HP as the user (Anything that happens to the replica happens to the user and vice versa–even death))

4: Solidarity (Adjacent allies receive Avoid +10 and Critical Evade +10)

5: Axebreaker (Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with an Axe)

Growths:

HP: 40%, Str: 35%, Mag: 70%, Skl: 40%, Spe 55%, Lck: 10%, Def: 20%, Res: 40%

Modifiers:

+1 Str, +4 Mag, 0 Skl, +2 Spe, -2 Lck, -1 Def, +1 Res

Weapons:

Ragnarok (Critical Evade -5; after battle, -2 Mag/Skill)

Moonlight (After a battle initiated by the user, user recovers 20% HP)

[as Dark Knight] Leo's Iceblade (Magic weapon; after battle, stats are reduced)

Roster description:
A Nohrian mage. Supportive, but has low expectations for himself and tends to use others' performance to motivate his own, which occasionally backfires. Hates being unable to offer things in return for gifts. Avoids direct confrontation if allowed to, but does his best to step up when faced with a good enough reason. The least likely to accept praise in the army.

Born on 11/14.

Quotes:

Victory

"Huh."
"A solid effort, but..."
"I can do better."
"Simple enough."
Assisted Victory
"I can't give you anything in return."
"I didn't ask for that."
"Well, thanks."
"Couldn't have done it without you. Probably."
Support
"It's your time to shine."
"All yours."
"I'll do what I can."
"Focus. Own it."
Dual Guard
"Not today!"
"None of that!"
"This is the least I can do!"
"Take it from here!"
Dual Attack
"Still here, you know!"
"Over here!"
"Step aside!"
"One more!"
Critical/Skill
"You brought this on yourself!"
"Who do you think you are?"
"Don't waste my time!"
"I'm only a little sorry."
"That's enough."
Defeat
Retreating (Casual) - "Inevitable, really. I'm sure you can still manage..."
Retreating (Classic) - "Surely this isn't all I can do..."
Death - "I did my best... Not... good enough... to no one's surprise..."
Voice clip - "Un...sur...prising...."
Level Up
0-1 growth(s) - "Please, don't look so disappointed. This hurts me enough already."
2-3 growths - "It's something."
4-5 growths - "Now we're talking."
0-1 growths, most stats capped - "Always room for minor improvements here and there."
Promotion/Class Change
"So this is what it's like to move forward."

Definitely not bringing out my KHR past life with that Replicate. No sir.
Edited by Ikaru
YOU RIGHT, SPADE, I FORGOT ABOUT LEO'S ICEBLADE

Name: Maelstrom

Description: No stranger to combat, he has a knack for creating and exploiting openings where he will focus all his strength into a single, devastating blow. Used to fighting on his own, he has a strong independent nature that can make him seem quite aloof at times. Proud and more trusting of his own skills, he prefers to take on powerful opponents himself rather than risk his allies. Takes a savage joy in defeating strong enemies.

The one most likely to get surrounded in battle on purpose.

1. Personal Skills:

Veteran's Intuition (Ike/Vanguards)- critical evade +15

Fierce Mien (Benny)- Avoid -10 to all enemy unit within a 2 tile radius of this unit.

Puissance (Ellie)- When Mael’s Strength is 5 or more points higher than the enemy’s, damage increases by 3.

Pragmatic (Leon)- When enemy’s HP is not full, damage +3 and damage received -1 during the battle

Fierce Rival (Selena)- When Mael is the support unit, if the front unit triggers a critical hit, he is guaranteed a critical hit (if his attack connects).

2. Class:

Fighter- axe, upgrades to

Hero [joins party as]- sword, axe, upgrades via sidequest to

Dread Fighter- sword, axe, shuriken

3. Skills

A. [Personal] Veteran's intuition- critical evade +15

B. Vantage- Strike first during an enemy attack when HP is under half

C. Sol- Recover HP equal to half the damage dealt to the enemy

D. Death Blow-When user triggers the battle, Critical rate +20

E. Counter-When an adjacent enemy triggers the battle, user deals the full damage back at the enemy.

F. Tomebreaker- Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a Tome or Scroll

G. Agressor- when unit initiates battle, Damage +7 [Dread Fighter]

4. Growths

HP 45%, Strength 70%, Magic 0%, Skill 45%, Speed 25%, Luck, 20%, Defense 55%, Resistance 25%

5. Modifiers

+5 Str, -2 Mag, +3 Skl, -2 Spe, 0 Lck, +2 Def, +0 Res

6. Weapons

Hero-

basic set: Amorslayer, Steel Axe, Killing Edge

exotic set- Ragnell, Hector’s Axe, Killing Edge

Dread Fighter-

Basic Set- Killing Edge, Silver Axe, Levin Sword

Exotic set- Alondite, Armads, Steel Shuriken, Killing Edge

Quotes

Victory-

“As expected.”

“There was never any doubt.”

“I’ve cleared a path.”

“I will never falter.”

Assisted Victory-

“Hmm, you show some promise.”

“I didn’t need your help but thanks.”

“Focus on your own target.”

“I made it real easy for you.”

Support-

“Show me you can keep up.”

“Let’s clear the way!”

“Time to step up.”

“We move onward!”

Dual Guard-

“Saw that coming a mile away.”

“Please, I’m right here.”

“Keep your guard up and your eyes alert.”

“Don’t get cocky.”

Dual Attack-

“I’ve got something special for this one.”

“And for the finishing touch…”

“Time to mop up the rabble.”

“An opening.”

Critical/Skill-

“You should have run when you had the chance.”

“That will be your last mistake!”

“I will break you.”

“god can’t help you now.”

“No forgiveness.”

• Administrators

tfw no bow+tome class

same

This is a fun thread.

• Roster Description
    • A reclusive Nohrian mage travelling the land in search of a way to dispel her curse. Normally cheerful, but prone to violent mood swings. Tends to disappear. The most likely to forget she's in combat. Born 7/31
  • Personal Potentials
    • Countercurse (Nyx)
    • Bloodthirst (Peri)
    • Fierce Counter (Forrest)
    • Playthings (Selkie)
    • Sisterhood (Soleil)
  • Class
    • Dark Mage > (Sorcerer / Dark Knight)
    • (You know, if not just... Witch)
  • Skills
    • Fierce Counter (When a male enemy initiates the battle, damage +2)
    • Heartseeker (When fighting adjacent to an enemy, enemy’s Avoid -20)
    • Relief (Recover 20% HP at the start of the user's Turn if there are no units within a 3 tile radius)
    • Inspiration (Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 extra damage and receive 2 less damage during battles)
    • Countermagic (When the enemy triggers the battle and inflicts magical damage, the enemy receives the same damage)
    • Tomebreaker (Hit Rate/Evasion +50 if the enemy is equipped with a Tome)
  • Growths
    • HP 30% / Strength 10% / Magic 55% / Skill 35% / Speed 50% / Luck, 45% / Defense 5% / Resistance 60%
  • Modifiers
    • -2 Strength / +2 Magic / 0 Skill / + 1 Luck / -3 Defense / +3 Resistance
  • Weapons
    • Lightning (2 consecutive attacks when user initiates battle; after battle, Magic/Skill -2 (stats recover by 1 each turn))
    • Nosferatu (Usable only by Dark Mages and Sorcerers, recovers HP equal to half the damage dealt. Cannot double or critical.)
  • Quotes

• Supporting
      • Don't worry... I'll take good care of you~
      • I'll just... try not to get in your way.
      • Huh? Oh, hi there!
      • Hey... Let's kill that one.
    • Dual Guarding
      • It's all right; I'm here with you!
      • Don't you dare try that again!
      • Touch my friends and die!
      • Don't be scared! I'll protect you.
    • Dual Attack
      • Bang bang, baby!
      • Oops, my finger slipped.
      • You deserve this.
      • Here, catch!
    • Critical/Skill
      • I'll make you pretty!!
      • Suffer and DIE!
      • Oops, I messed up. Ahah-- wait, what?
      • I'm a pacifist!!!
    • Defeat
      • Casual: ...Right. I'm just gonna... go now.
      • Classic: Huh? ...Oh...
    • Partner Victory
      • Thanks. Sorry.
      • Suffer and-- Oh, it's over?
      • Oh, hello! Where did you come from?
      • Oh, now that's attractive...
    • Victory
      • Wait, what? Where did they go?
      • Huh. All right, whatever.
      • <soft giggling>
      • Awh, you look so much better now.
    • Level Up
      • 0-1 stats: Tch. Figures.
      • 2-3 stats: There. Now I must do it again.
      • 4-5 stats: ...Huh. Interesting.
      • 6-7 stats: This is fun! Let's kill even more people!
      • 0-1, most stats capped: So in the end, I'm still holding myself back, huh?
    • Class Change
      • Ooh, this'll be fun~

• Developers

Name: Inuki (Pegasus: Aurelia)

Personal Skill(s): Supportive (Avatar), Miraculous Save (Kaze), Calm (Pickles), Peacebringer (Izana), Divine Retribution (Azama)

Class: Sky Knight (Promotes to Falcon Knight / Kinshi Knight)

Skills:
Personal Skill: Miraculous Save (If Inuki is the support unit, the lead unit has a Luck% chance of surviving a fatal attack with 1 HP)
1: Seal Defence (After battle, enemy’s Defence -6)
2: Good Fortune (Luck% chance of recovering 20% HP at the start of the user’s Turn)
3: Astra (Skill x 0.5% chance of triggering 5 consecutive hits with half damage)
4: Amaterasu (Allies within a 2 tile radius recover 20% HP at the start of the user’s Turn)
5: Bowbreaker (Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a Bow)

Growths:
HP: 45%, Str: 30%, Mag: 55%, Skl: 50%, Spe 55%, Lck: 60%, Def: 35%, Res: 55%

Modifiers:
-2 Str, +1 Mag, 0 Skl, +1 Spe, +2 Lck, -1 Def, +1 Res

Weapons:
Guard Naginata (Defence and Resistance +5)
Bolt Naginata (Magic weapon, cannot trigger critical hits or special skills)
[as Falcon Knight]
Moon Festal (Restores (25 + Magic/3) HP to an ally)
Rescue (Moves an ally next to the user)

Roster description:
A Hoshidan sky knight who's normally terrified of heights, but can set it aside to protect those he's closest to. He rarely takes anything, especially himself, seriously. Hates dealing with conflicts, physical or interpersonal. Happiest during thunderstorms.
Born on 06/18.

Quotes:

Victory
"Thanks, Aurelia."
"You should have left us all alone..."
"It's not like I wanted this."
"They never learn."

Assisted Victory
"Aurelia says 'Thank you.'"
"Remind me not to get on your bad side..."
"No mercy, huh?"
"You're stronger than I remember."

Support
"We have your back."
"I'll protect you."
"I'm right behind you!"
"Please, stay safe."

Dual Guard
"I won't let you!"
"Move! Quickly!"
"Don't you dare!"
"Are you safe?"

Dual Attack
"Leave us alone!"
"Here goes nothing!"
"Don't ignore me!"
"Did you think I wouldn't do anything?!"

Critical/Skill
"Now I'm serious!"
"Aurelia, no mercy!"
"This was your final mistake!"
"What do you want?!"

Defeat
Retreating (Casual) - "Any more fighting will put Aurelia in danger, I have to fall back. Stay safe, guys."
Death - "F-fly away, get out of here! I'll be... fine."

Level Up
0-1 growth(s) - "Oops, maybe I should try harder."
2-3 growths - "Huh, neat!"
4-5 growths - "Aurelia, did you see that?!"
0-1 growths, most stats capped - "I guess that's about all I'm capable of."

Promotion/Class Change
"Aurelia, are you okay with this?"

Explaining myself:

Aurelia is a metaphor, moving on.

All of the luck stuff is frankly just due to the fact that I feel like I've been handed a lot of things I really don't deserve. From silly things like getting something extremely rare in a game on the first attempt to have a mom that hasn't kicked a rather useless lump such as myself out yet.

I probably overdid it with the !!protect!! given the other parts of the description, but i couldn't really elaborate on the afraid of heights as a pegasus knight without being a walking character trait. That's saved for supports (like how I get an S with Hinoka where she shows and helps me through flying and that it's really not that scary as long as you trust your partner completely)

I'd also probably have wary fighter over Astra to be more protective of Aurelia but im a pegasus knight in no universe am i using wary fuckin' fighter

tbh i might make a different thing entirely at some point of my actual chaotic/neutral me that might be more fun but no need for that.

also aurelia doesn't fly away if im killed and probably dies too it's not okay.

• Administrators

...I... did not actually notice you had the same thing. Huh. You know what they say about great minds.

That's just one way of indicating that I only go in on people as retaliation for something else.
WAIT IF I'M A ROYAL CAN I HAVE A MAGIC SWORD THAT CAN ACTUALLY PROC SKILLS AND CRIT????? PLEASE

I guess if Inuki's allowed to double dip, I'll do a Hoshidan class too.

Description: An impetuous member of the Flame Tribe who is proficient with using and crafting melee weapons. While rivaling even the chieftain in fiery demeanor, he lacks in discipline and initiative. Likes doughnuts.

Random fact: Appreciates argument more than anyone else in the army. 11/4

Personals:

> Sweet Tooth (Asugi)

> Pyrotechnics (Saizo)

> Vendetta (Rhajat)

> Competitive (Takumi)

> Morbid Celebration (Reina)

Class: Oni Savage (would most likely promote to Blacksmith, also promotes to Oni Chieftain)

Skills:

> Morbid Celebration (If Hunter initiates a skirmish, heals a smaller bit of health than Lifetaker would (but doesn't take up a flex skill spot.)

> Shove (Moves an adjacent ally one space over)

> Wary Fighter (Prevents Hunter and opponent from striking more than once.)

> Salvage Blow (Finds lower tier weapons occasionally after defeating a foe.)

> Strengthtaker (after defeating a foe, Hunter's strength increases (up to +10) - why not get saucy with DLC skills. Mael's personal is flippin Veteran Intuition.-

> Swordfaire (you know the drill. Plus 5 with a sword or katana)

I'm not bothering with growths or mods details right now, but I might later. Just know positive strength and skill are things, average luck, mediocre speed, bad magic and awful resistance are on the horizon.

explaination:

This is actually "Good Cop" Hunter - or whenever I'm rather chipper. I enjoy a good laugh, and I abhor rules in pretty much all cases. So... I'm pretty much Rinkah, Azama, and Orochi's unholy love triangle child.

Competitiveness is a heavy quality of mine. I like to win. I like to banter. I am actually one who enjoys a good prank every now and then.

...and I especially love argument. You ever watch a national news program and you see the token liberal/conservative (depending on if you're watching Fox or MSNBC) and they can't say anything and get frustrated because the show host (likely Sean Hannity or Rachel Maddow depending on network) is too busy talking over them and enjoying the spat while doing so?

No shame - that's me sometimes....especially on coffee.

Quotes:

Support:

"Hook, line, and sinker..."

"This one won't know what hit them."

"Is this a joke? We'll show them something funny."

"Two's company."

Dual Guarding:

(to ally) Not funny, friend!

(to ally) Stop messing around!

"Was that the punchline?"

"Oooh, sooo scary."

Dual Attacking:

"ba-dum-TISS"

"Why yes, you MAY have another!"

"Knock knock!"

"....three's a crowd!"

Assisted Victory

"That was some impressive delivery."

"You're a savage..."

"...Alright, you'll have to show me that one sometime."

"That was a good one."

Skill Activation/Critical:

"They said to knock 'em dead!"

"ROASTED."

"....this probably won't make you laugh."

"....you only lived once!"

Victory:

<confident laughter>

"What a joke..."

"Thank you, thank you - I'll be here all day."

"Great, now your face is killing both of us."

Defeat:

(Casual) "Well, that one certainly fell flat. I had better get out of here before the rest of the army gets more humor out of this...."

(Classic) "Great....I had one job...DON'T die....I'd better get out while the going is...who am I kidding, this isn't good."

(Voice Clip) "You're kidding....right?...."

Level Up:

0-1: Stop laughing, this isn't even that funny!

2-3: Can't complain about this.

4-Aptitude: My skills are certainly no joke!

Capped: Seriously? I can't get much better? I'm not amused.

Promotion/Reclass: We're only going to have problems if the outfit comes with a cape. I hate capes!

Weapons:

Savage: Killer Axe (Increases Critical Chance)

Blacksmith: Great Club (Increases critical damage and scores a lot of them), Kodachi (1-2 Range), Nohrian Blade (Defensive blade)

I miss Warrior class :[

Dmetri

Personal Skill(s): Supportive (Avatar), Chivalry (Xander), Fierce Rival (Selena), In Extremis (Scarlet), Quiet Strength (Sakura)

Class: Outlaw > Adventurer or Bow Knight > Grandmaster

Skills:

• Personal Skill: Quiet Strength: Allies within a 2 tile radius receive 2 less damage
  • Vantage: At the start of battle, when the user has under half HP, they attack first
  • Nohrian Trust: User shares their support unit's battle skills.
  • Ignis: Skill% chance of adding half the user’s Strength (if user has a physical weapon) or Magic (if user has a magical weapon) as damage
  • Inspiration: Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 extra damage and receive 2 less damage during battles
  • Rally Spectrum: All Stats +2 to all allies within a 4 tile radius for one Turn when the Rally command is used

Growths:
HP: 45%, Str: 40%, Mag: 40%, Skl: 45%, Spe 55%, Lck: 40%, Def: 40%, Res: 35%

As Grandmaster:

HP: 55%, Str: 55%, Mag: 55%, Skil: 60%, Spe: 60%, Lck: 40%, Def: 45%, Res: 50%

Modifiers:
Skl, +3 Spe, +3, Def -2, Res -2, Lck -1

Arms:

Laslow's Blade: Speed +3, Defense/Resistance -3

Dragon Spirit: Effective against dragon units, Skill/Defense +1; after the battle, Magic is halved for the next attack

Leo's Iceblade: Magic weapon; after battle, Magic/Skill -2 (stats recover by 1 each turn)

Roster description:
A freelance fighter from another realm. Fights in unorthodox manner. A strong believer in the saying "It's best to keep your options open," to a fault. Decides what to do in an impulsive manner, sometimes leading to terrible consequences. The most likely to blurt out how he feels.

Born on 3/28

Quotes:

Victory
"Wait, wasn't that a bit too close?"

"Sorry, but I can't afford to die here."

"Now, now, now. Now then, onto the next!"

"You fought admirably."

Assisted Victory

"Nice save!"

"You really saved my hide!"

"I owe you one."

"I'm glad I know you've got my back, partner."

Support
"You're not alone."

"Don't worry about your back."

"My steel is yours."

"Let's make our own luck."

Dual Guard
"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Watch your rear!"

"Are you trying to get yourself killed!?"

"Don't you dare die on me!"

"You're not gonna lay a finger on my precious comrade!"

Dual Attack
"Hope you didn't forget about me!"

"This is the end for you!"

"Let's make this quick."

"Room for seconds?"

Critical/Skill
"Grit those teeth!"

"I'll send you to the next world with this!"

"Right where I want you."

"I'm done messing around!"

Defeat
Retreating (Casual) - "Damn, I got too reckless. Sorry, but I can't afford to die here...!"
Death - "Is this...really the end...? I'm sorry, but... it looks like I'm going to have to break my promise and go on first..."

Level Up
0-1 growth(s) - "Damn, is this really the best that I can do?"
2-3 growths - "Looks like I still have a long way to go."
4-5 growths - "I can still get even stronger!"
0-1 growths, most stats capped - "Looks like this is the end of the road."

Promotion/Class Change
"I look forward to the challenge."

To explain myself

I really wanted to make a character who is both like me but also who embodies the things I want to be but I can't. While we share similar things we're bad at, ultimately, in a situation like this I wouldn't be like this guy at all. This also goes hand in hand with me doing character development on a character for a story I hope to turn into a webcomic once i finally feel like I'm good enough/have the time and money to make in the near future. I know a lot of this is cheesy, but on one level or another i actually feel like this. I want to be the kind of person who is able to protect his friends, and I want to be able to be good at a lot of things but I actually have commitment problems due to my mindset. From a writing/character standpoint, that's whack, but to stay true to who I am, I included that in his character, what little you can gleam of it.

The character I created was one who is a strong ally and someone his allies can depend on, and a person who I want to someday become, and not just idolize.

As for the skills I chose, the personal skill, Quiet Strength is meant to symbolize how I have an unknowing effect on others. It may be arrogant of me to think so, but I've noticed that I have a bigger impact than previously thought. Like how, if I walk into a room, the room's personality will change to match mine, sometimes. My strength that comes from being there.

Vantage, because not only is it one of the best skills in the game, it adds to the effect. A strong and reliable person, but more than that, a person able to see more than just their own points. An open mind.

Nohrian Trust, as you would trust the same ally figure I've been painting this whole time. From another side, the realistic side, I place a great amount of trust and faith in my friends. That's cheesy, I know, but not inaccurate.

Ignis, because... I like it. Grandmaster learns it. It looks cool. Who doesn't want a flashy move?

Inspiration, because I like to think I have a way with words. This character, too, with the way he is, would be an inspiring thing to see, no? To see your comrade in action, doing what needs to be done and racking up points-- there's no way you could sit back and watch that! From another standpoint, I know I've helped a lot of people by doing or saying things they need to hear. I'm not exactly an inspiration, but I can be when I need to be. That's important.

And, Rally Spectrum to fit the nice theme I've created. As the final skill of the Grandmaster class, it's kind of a culmination of everything I've learned. Rally Spectrum is a very good rally skill, but it only boosts 2 of every stat, save mov. People say that a Jack of all trades is a master of none, but that's not true. There's one thing that only a Jack of all trades can do-- combine every trade he's learned into one. By being a jack of all trades, you become incredibly flexible, and in some cases, a force to be reckoned with. There are some things you can only see by looking at it from certain angles and perspectives.

As for weapons, well. They're just weapons. I know I'm only allowed to have 2 weapons, but there's no way I'd be rolling around with 2 weapons, because a lot of weapons have downfalls and it's best to pick weapons that counteract the downfalls in some way. To choose two though, probably Dragon Spirit and Laslow's Blade.

OK LAST EDIT I FORGOT: The reason I chose Outlaw as a base class is because first, bows are my favorite weapon, and I like the idea of archers only being able to attack from 2-3 range, not because they're unable to improv or shoot from a close distance, but more because they have the brains enough to understand that if they fight back, they could give way to another enemy taking the spot of an enemy who's already used their turn. Of course, it's not the same in-game, but archers are very useful. Promotion choice to Adventurer because I also like staves, and it makes for a nice mixed unit with healing capabilities. I choose Adventurer over other staff classes because it's not the most effective healer, as opposed to Onmyoji or Priestess (with the same Weapon matchup, but in my case, Great Monk) with high magic. I know I'm inexperienced as a person who can help mend the wounds of other people, and I know I'm not the best at it, but I still picked up the skill. I want to be a person who picks people up when they're down, if they need it. And, even though I'm not the best at it, it's still enough to get you going long enough until someone else who can do that job better than me can patch them up. If that makes sense.

Also I am not very fond of horses or animals in general I've only had Bad Times with them, cats and dogs I'm alright with but beyond that I'm disgusted and in a world where I'm surrounded with horses and other animals I'd probably be alright with them but as of right now, no. Please don't promote me into Bow Knight.

OK ACTUAL LAST EDIT I'M REALLY FORGETFUL IF YOU COULDN'T TELL: To explain my selection of personal skills,

I chose Supportive because, well. It's self explanatory. I feel more efficient on the sidelines, honestly.

I chose Chivalry because I like to play on an even playing field-- I'd feel bad fighting someone who was already down, and it inspires me to do my best to win fair and square.

I chose Fierce Rival because I'm incredibly competitive and I hate being one-upped with a passion.

And, In Extremis because I understand what I have to do, not because I get pumped up when the going gets rough, but more like, it's time to get serious about this because if not, this could be the end.

Omitted crit quotes:

"I said 'BITCH WHERE'!?"

and

anigif_enhanced-24111-1436908493-2.gif

267db30d52.png

EDIT: It was hard to decide on a personal skill, I ended up actually changing mine. Overall, Fierce Rival didn't really reflect on the character what I was trying to push. Also added some more info about him. I'm thinking about doing a second character as well! :]

Edited by Spade

EXLink

Edit: Add explanations to why I picked such things

Description

A playful swordsmen who enjoys the thrill of battle. Often teases his comrades and is rarely in a bad mood. He strives to prove himself to his allies as well as holding great trust with his life to them. Though he's rather shy, usually not starting conversation unless he's knows the person well. He cares deeply for his friends, even if it's hidden beneath his smug cockiness and it doesn't hurt that he does have rather good luck on his side. B-Day: 11/29

Personals

1. Lucky Charm (Midori)
2. Chivalry (Xander)
3. Fierce Rival (Selena)
4. Aching Blood (Odin)
5. Fiery Blood (Rinkah)

Class

Mercenary/Hero or Bow Knight

Prefers Hero

Skills

1. Strong Riposte (When enemy triggers the battle, damage +3)
2. Vantage (Strike first during an enemy attack when HP is under half)
3. Sol (Recover HP equal to half the damage dealt to the enemy)
4. Nohrian Trust (During Attack or Guard Stance, user shares their support unit’s battle skills)
5. Sword Faire

Growth

HP 50%, Strength 50%, Magic 0%, Skill 65%, Speed 55%, Luck, 60%, Defense 45%, Resistance 35%

Modifiers

0 HP, 0 Strength, -4 Magic, + 3 Skill, +1 Speed +3 Luck, 0 Defense, -2 Resistance

Weapons
Laslow's Blade (+3 Speed, -3 Def & Res)
Killing Edge (Increase Critical Chance)

Quotes

Support:

"I'm right besides you!"

"Backup has arrived!"

"I won't let you down!"

"They're out of luck!"

Dual Guarding:

"Man that almost hit, almost."

"I won't let you die!"

"You call that an attack?"

"Think again!"

Dual Attacking:

"Pay attention!"

"We're not done yet!"

"And another one!"

"Once more!"

Assisted Victory:

"Stealing my spotlight?"

"Not bad my friend."

"I could've done it myself."

"Thanks, I owe you one."

Skill Activation/Critical:

"Did you really think you had a chance?"

"I'll need to CUT this one short!"

"You're not getting away!"

"Tough Luck!"

Victory:

"Was that all?"

"Onto the next one."

"Teh... pitiful"

"Can't help but feel sorry for ya."

Defeat:

(Casual) "I can't have the group see me like this! I have to retreat for now."

(Classic) "Guess my luck had to run out eventually... but damn it... why now?"

Level Up:

0-1 "Stop looking at me like that! I'm strong I swear!"

2-3 "This is rather disappointing..."

4-5 "If I keep this up my strength will finally be recognized."

6 "Fortune smiles upon me. Just kidding! It's just my greatness!"

0-1 If most are capped "Can anyone even get stronger than this?"

Explanation

This character is based off (What I think is) how I would be a character unit. Since I prefer Nohr over Hoshido I went for a Nohr class. I'm not too into reading books and I'd much rather swing a weapon than use magic. Also axes seem too bulky for me and I wouldn't mind using a spear but I ultimately prefer to use a sword. Thus I went the mercenary route. As for growth rates, I find myself being very flexible and I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I put the most focus on skill. I also tend to find myself very lucky, not super lucky but a good ways above average luck most days. That's why I added a good chunk of luck to my character as well. Now I'm very much a pencil IRL, so I tend to get hurt easily. So I gave myself lackluster defense and bad resistance. However, I find myself being able to be somewhat strong and able to take a good bit of hits before going down so I gave moderate HP and Attack. Now I really don't take many things seriously and I'm a bit of a jokester so I added that as well as my shyness. I also tend to be a bit hyper so I addeded a bit of fun into my personals.

Personals
1. Lucky Charm - I'm usually a bit lucky though I'd say I take luck from others rather than giving it to them so I went with this one
2. Chivalry - I like having fairness in a fight... most of the time.
3. Fierce Rival - When it come to gaming I'm competitive at it, mostly in smash though.
4. Aching Blood - I see this as a way to express a little bit of a crazy side. Also I have to give names/nicknames to everyone/thing
5. Fiery Blood - I can get easily riled up while playing with my friends so I added this

Skills
1. Strong Riposte - I tend to play better defensively rather than complete offense
2. Vantage - You think I'll just sit back and have you strike first?
3. Sol - Whenever I start to get things done I also seem to get this energy surges now again to keep me going
4. Nohrian Trust - I tend to be overly trusting of people
5. Sword Faire - I like swords, that's it.

• Veterans

lSITEN I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS TOPIC'S EXISTENCE SO ALLOW ME TO MAKE ONE TOO

edit: added sun festal and a bit more explanation on the personal skills

Zumi - "A scatterbrained and slightly foul-mouthed Hoshidan diviner who's a bit prone to stress. Nearly always is busy with something, but as a result doesn't know how to take breaks. The biggest coffee drinker in the army. Born on December 15th."

Personal potential skills:

• Supportive (Avatar)
  • Misfortunate (Arthur)
  • Vendetta (Rhajat)
  • Competitive (Takumi)
  • Reciprocity (Kaden)

Unpromoted class

• Diviner (Promotes to Onmyoji or Basara)

Skills

1. Vendetta (When Zumi triggers a battle against an enemy she previously battled, damage +4.)
  2. Miracle (Allows the unit to survive with 1 HP when attacked with a fatal strike.)
  3. Vantage (Strike first during an enemy attack when HP is under half.)
  4. Renewal (Recover 30% HP at the start of the user’s turn.)
  5. Rend Heaven (Adds half the enemy’s Strength (if user has a physical weapon) or Magic (if user has a magical weapon) as damage.)
  6. Tomefaire (Damage +5 when equipped with a Tome or Scroll.)

Stat growths

• HP 40% | Strength 0% | Magic 65% | Skill 25% | Speed 15% | Luck, 50% | Defense 20% | Resistance 45%

Weapons

• Mjölnir (Deals extra damage on criticial hits.)
  • Malevolent Text (Skill +1. Makes follow-up attacks more difficult to perform (-3 effective Spd).
  • Sun festal (Restores (User's Magic ÷3 + 14) HP to an ally)

Quotes

• Supporting
    • "Let's get this over with."
    • "Oh, do you need some help?"
    • "Go get 'em, champ!"
    • "This'll be easy!"
  • Dual Guarding
    • "Hah, nope!"
    • "Try harder next time!"
    • "Hey, watch what you're doing!"
    • "You stop that."
  • Dual Attack
    • "Ooh, look at the birdie!"
    • "You're not off the hook yet!"
    • "Eat dirt!"
    • "Aaand gone!"
  • Critical/Skill
    • "​...I want some coffee after this."
    • "Aaaugh! I don't have time for this!"
    • "Oh how the tables have... uh, tabled?"
    • "Catch!"
  • Defeat
    • Casual: "Note to self... Pay more attention the next time I'm in battle. Ughhh..."
    • Classic: "Well... Dying wasn't exactly... *cough*... the next step in my plan of action...."
  • Partner Victory
    • "My bad!"
    • "Nice work!"
    • "Show me how you did that later!"
    • "Heh, saves me the effort."
  • Victory
    • "That's what you get!"
    • "Too easy."
    • "Ha, got 'em!"
    • [sarcastic tone] "Did I do that?"
  • Level Up
    • ​0-1 stats: "...Why though?"
    • 2-3 stats: "Eh, it's better than nothing."
    • 4-5 stats: "Now we're talking!"
    • 6-7 stats: "Hahaha! Hot stuff, coming through!"
    • 0-1, most stats capped: "Well, I guess there's a limit to everything."
  • Class Change
    • "Let's see where this'll take me!"

Explanation

For this character, I wanted to take (what I think is) a reasonable approach on my actual personality. I'm not really physically strong, so I figured magic would be a better fit for a class, and since I really liked the Sage/Onmyoji classes in Awakening and Fates because of the high magic and the healing abilty, I figured that'd be the best class. I'd probably be attacking more than I would be healing, but at least I'd still be able to mend the wounds of allies in battle, which is something that relates to that I want to help out people with their problems (even though I may end up getting hurt in the process as well, as I can speak from experience).

The character still retains some of the silliness that's part of me, and I honestly couldn't leave that out or it just, well, it wouldn't be me, honestly.

And of course I had to include coffee.

...in all reality i'd probably be like "shit shit shit shit" on the battlefield like 90% of the time when first being thrown into battle and end up leveling a mountain because i panicked and fucked up a spell but i suppose i'd get used to battling at some point so zzzz

Personal skills

• Supportive - This one should speak for itself. I care a lot for my friends and I will support them if they need it.
  • Misfortunate - TO BE FAIR I'M NOT EXACTLY THE LUCKIEST PERSON ON THIS PLANET and I've gone through on a lot of stuff, whether it be simple joking around on the server to actual depression and that stuff, so I felt like it'd fit me.
  • Vendetta - If you see the conversations I have with people on the showdown server, discord and skype, you'll know why I would've picked this. It kinda goes hand in hand with Misfortunate as I tend to first get dunked on before I strike back twice as hard, so that's why.
  • Competitive - People around me who are ahead of me in skill inspire me to work harder to get better at whatever I'm working on at that moment (despite getting a little jealous at first), so that's why I thought this one would fit.
  • Reciprocity - My moral for life is basically "I will treat you the way you treat me", so if you treat me well I will treat you nicely in return too. This also has it's draws of course if someone treats me poorly, as I won't really bother as much to be nice towards the person in question either. However, if someone decides to do me a favor I'll try to return it in one way or another if I can!

Actual skills:

• Vendetta: See above!
  • Miracle/Renewal: These two go hand in hand, as I'm the kind of person that stands back up after getting beaten down. It's also sorta because I managed to crawl out of periods where I had it really rough and thought it would never change unscathed, and that's why I think these two also would fit for that.
  • Vantage: "listen you can hurt me once but i will fuck you up the second you try to do that again ok? ok"
  • Rend Heaven/Tomefaire: damage damage damage damage damage

okEY