Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
9 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

It's prob in here somewhere but just curious if King's Rock is in the game and if so, where is it and how to evolve Poliwhirl into Politoed?

There's a vendor in the Battle Mall who sells them, and you can also find one in one of the rocks at the Halloween Hideout. To evolve Poliwhirl into Politoed, use a King's Rock on it (the same way an evolution stone would be used).

• Global Mods
15 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Is Comfey available in the game yet?

Comfey is given by an NPC at Inoset Island (the swimmer near the harbor).

There's a notepad file titled obtainablepokemon in the game folder that lists all the currently available Pokemon as well as their locations. 

Well ICSW you did a really good job on this game; the music, the plot and the characters are fantastic :D.

I really like the remix of the rival battle theme of OR/AS when you battle Emily at the beginning.
Said this, i really love this game and compliments on your work; keep it up.

A lot cheers for you.

Edited by Hellyeah98
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods

I'm glad you're enjoying the game :D The remix of Brendan and May's theme was made by a Youtuber named Kamex. The music that plays in gyms is also from Kamex's channel.

As an announcement: I'm almost done with the Sea Star Society! Right now, it looks like ep 4's content will be finished either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow (unless something happens that slows my progress like getting sick or needing to go somewhere), after which I'll send it to Palletite for sprite revamps. 

Here's a list of new Pokemon that will be obtainable in ep 4. EDIT: Forgot Munchlax and Snorlax EDIT2: Forgot Croagunk and Toxicroak

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur
Grimer/Muk
Alolan Grimer/Alolan Muk
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Lapras

Munchlax/Snorlax
Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite
Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
Shuckle
Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken
Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert
Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra

Croagunk/Toxicroak
Snivy/Servine/Serperior
Skrelp/Dragalge
Clauncher/Clawitzer
Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra
Morelull/Shiinotic
Drampa
Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Celesteela

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm glad you're enjoying the game :D The remix of Brendan and May's theme was made by a Youtuber named Kamex. The music that plays in gyms is also from Kamex's channel.

As an announcement: I'm almost done with the Sea Star Society! Right now, it looks like ep 4's content will be finished either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow (unless something happens that slows my progress like getting sick or needing to go somewhere), after which I'll send it to Palletite for sprite revamps. 

Here's a list of new Pokemon that will be obtainable in ep 4. EDIT: Forgot Munchlax and Snorlax

Reveal hidden contents

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur
Grimer/Muk
Alolan Grimer/Alolan Muk
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Lapras

Munchlax/Snorlax
Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite
Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
Shuckle
Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken
Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert
Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra
Snivy/Servine/Serperior
Skrelp/Dragalge
Clauncher/Clawitzer
Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra
Morelull/Shiinotic
Drampa
Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Celesteela

Yes a lot indeed :), ah ok thanks for telling.

Wow, this is a very nice announcement, very well i can't wait :D

The list of the new pokemon is really interesting.

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, Shad_ said:

Quick question (if this has been asked already and i missed it then sorry :c), where am i able to get a Metal Coat for my Scyther?

There's a vendor who sells them at the Battle Mall, and there's one in a rock in the Halloween Hideout. 

On 01/04/2017 at 1:34 AM, Sr.F said:
  Hide contents

I forgot to mention this, but it seems that Freeze-Dry has a error. When I used it against a Ludicolo, it only received neutral damage when it should normally be weak X4. 

there is no error in this when you use a ice type move on a grass/water type the  dmg receive against the grass/water type would be that of neutral and not x4. the only weaknesses grass/water types have that i've found are flying bug and poison and none of them are a X4 weekless

source for this Ludicolo bublapedia page http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ludicolo_(Pokémon)

Edited by sandy

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, sandy said:

there is no error in this when you use a ice type move on a grass/water type the  dmg receive against the grass/water type would be that of neutral and not x4. the only weaknesses grass/water types have that i've found are flying bug and poison and none of them are a X4 weekless

source for this Ludicolo bublapedia page http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ludicolo_(Pokémon)

This is normally true but Freeze-Dry's effect is being super effective on Water types

• Global Mods
Just now, sandy said:

i see thanks for that, i didnt evenknow they changed that, now i wish theyd reverse fairy's immunity to dragon 

They didn't change anything. Water still resists Ice, this move is just an exception, similar to how Thousand Arrows can hit Flying types even though Flying is normally immune to Ground.

• Global Mods

Move Deleter PSA

This is a bug that was reported around a week and half - 2 weeks ago that I initially forgot to put on the known bugs list after it was reported. 

In the original report, the user was trying to have the move Cut deleted from their Kartana, but upon selecting Kartana to have a move deleted at the Move Deleter's house, the game crashed. The user also mentioned this happening with any Gen 7 Pokemon they tried to use. 

It was also reported this morning. Upon re-reading the report the user said it happened whenever talking to the Move Deleter. Due to the wording I decided to see if this applied to all Pokemon and not just Gen 7, and it did. I tried with Meowstic and Ampharos, both of which caused the crash. 

I don't really know why this is happening. Since this bug has only been reported for episode 3, I assume either the Move Deleter was working correctly in episode 2 or that no one used him until recently. 

Unless I'm able to find out why this happens, the Move Deleter will need to be deleted (pun intended) for ep 4. If that's the case I'll also need to make HM moves forgettable through normal means. Until then, I advise not using the Move Deleter. 

• Global Mods

Update to Move Deleter situation: I deleted him from the game and made HM moves forgettable through normal means. Like with the name-changing office, there'll be a guard in front of the building. Since there was a Marble obtainable by interacting with his TV, this guard will now give out that Marble instead. 

Normally a bug like this that causes a crash is one I'd consider worth re-uploading for when fixed, but since I've finished the ep 4 story content and Palletite is currently in the process of doing sprite revamps, this fix will be in the public release of episode 4. 

Since the only HM move Pokemon in Spork need to learn to be able to use in the field is Fly, I assume the Move Deleter usually isn't needed outside of a few Pokemon that learn an HM move through level up, but in the meantime if anyone needs an HM move deleted from a Pokemon I'm capable of doing so if you send me your save file ^_^ 

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, Twilightwing said:

Wonder Who's going to be the next holiday pokemon.

If you mean the one for episode 4, I've posted it in the thread. 

65c78c6fa95745dc8f5fc2cf57084925.png

If you mean episode 5's, that one's going to be interesting. There's actually two of them, based on Mother's Day and Father's Day. I want to make an elaborate puzzle for them. 

Hi. So, I have a question that bothered me enough to sign in instead of being my usual lurker self.

Where do you find Walt in the third Ranger Mission???????

Seriously. Am I missing something here? I have bonked into every single tree in the Legend Dairy. Multiple times. In different episodes. I've even pressed 'A' on all of them. Is there something else I have to do? Because I'm actually kind of frustrated now.

Other then that, this is shaping up to be a fun little game. Definitely a nice break from Reborn, Rejuv and Desolation's constant depressing atmosphere.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
23 minutes ago, Lorekeeper said:

Hi. So, I have a question that bothered me enough to sign in instead of being my usual lurker self.

Where do you find Walt in the third Ranger Mission???????

Seriously. Am I missing something here? I have bonked into every single tree in the Legend Dairy. Multiple times. In different episodes. I've even pressed 'A' on all of them. Is there something else I have to do? Because I'm actually kind of frustrated now.

Other then that, this is shaping up to be a fun little game. Definitely a nice break from Reborn, Rejuv and Desolation's constant depressing atmosphere.

e2c34321ea884b909280d5e30d8a2445.png

The space to the right also works. You need to press space/a/the interact button. 

Thanks for reminding me about this. I remember at one point wondering if I should change this to allow the player to walk through in order to pass instead of needing to interact. I'll do that for the public release of ep 4. 

Hi @Ice Cream Sand Witch I never played this game and I'm eager to do so, the story and visuals look very promising. But reading from what is left to be done for Episode 4 what do you recommend me? Should I start it now, or wait until Ep 4 is finished? If you recommend me to wait, can you give an estimate on when according to what is left and Beta testing do you plan to have the episode finished?

Thanks! :D 

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

So with ep 4 this far in development I wasn't planning to re-upload ep 3 anymore, but Palletite found a major glitch involving Baneful Bunker a few days ago. After a trainer used Baneful Bunker, the opponent's Pokemon weren't taking damage at all even in subsequent turns where Baneful Bunker wasn't used, and script errors were given before moves. This also happened with Grassy Terrain in episode 2, but I was able to quickly fix that as Grassy Terrain just had the incorrect move effect. In this case, Baneful Bunker's effect was correct, so it was a problem with the move itself. I had to remove it from the game as a result. Also this + the Move Deleter thing were kind of eating away at me x . x 

If you plan on downloading this re-upload, I strongly recommend those who have a Toxapex with Baneful Bunker to remove it before doing so. I don't know what will happen if you don't. 

So here are the fixes and changes in this re-upload:

-Move Deleter removed; HM moves are now forgettable through normal means

-Baneful Bunker removed from game

-Mudsdale no longer evolves into itself at every level

-Freeze Dry is now super effective on Water types

-You now find the hidden passage in Legend Dairy through walking instead of needing to press the interact button

-Fixed mountain tiles in Virima City

-Celesteela event added to Wonky Woods

To obtain Celesteela, you need to be Halloween Espurr. I added another area of gen 1 water tiles to Wonky Woods, just to the east of the TV that Drifloon was watching. You need to go to the middle of the gray water where the forest tile is and it will appear. 

@kingjrcasanova You replied while I was updating . o . That depends on what happens before May 16 (see this post for details). If the sprite revamps are done before May 16, I may decide to skip beta testing and release ep 4 then (in which case I'll notify and apologize to Nakuto) since I'll be away for a month and I don't think there'll be time for testing before then. Currently one ep 4 trainer's sprite sheets are finished, and Palletite is working on two others right now. If the sprites aren't finished by May 16, I'll still be able to PM Palletite while I'm away for sprite feedback, but I won't be able to upload ep 4 if sprites are finished during that time since I'll only have my iPad with me, meaning in that scenario ep 4 would be released June 15-16 at the earliest. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

So with ep 4 this far in development I wasn't planning to re-upload ep 3 anymore, but Palletite found a major glitch involving Baneful Bunker a few days ago. After using Baneful Bunker, the opponent's Pokemon wasn't able to hit at all even in subsequent turns where Baneful Bunker wasn't used, and script errors were given before moves. This also happened with Grassy Terrain in episode 2, but I was able to quickly fix that as Grassy Terrain just had the incorrect move effect. In this case, Baneful Bunker's effect was correct, so it was a problem with the move itself. I had to remove it from the game as a result. Also this + the Move Deleter thing were kind of eating away at me x . x 

If you plan on downloading this re-upload, I strongly recommend those who have a Toxapex with Baneful Bunker to remove it before doing so. I don't know what will happen if you don't. 

So here are the fixes and changes in this re-upload:

-Move Deleter removed; HM moves are now forgettable through normal means

-Baneful Bunker removed from game

-Mudsdale no longer evolves into itself at every level

-Freeze Dry is now super effective on Water types

-Celesteela event added to Wonky Woods

To obtain Celesteela, you need to be Halloween Espurr. I added another area of gen 1 water tiles to Wonky Woods, just to the east of the TV that Drifloon was watching. You need to go to the middle of the gray water where the forest tile is and it will appear. 

@kingjrcasanova You replied while I was updating . o . That depends on what happens before May 16 (see this post for details). If the sprite revamps are done before May 16, I may decide to skip beta testing and release ep 4 then (in which case I'll notify and apologize to Nakuto) since I'll be away for a month and I don't think there'll be time for testing before then. Currently one ep 4 trainer's sprite sheets are finished, and Palletite is working on two others right now. If the sprites aren't finished by then, I'll still be able to PM Palletite while I'm away for sprite feedback, but I won't be able to upload ep 4 if sprites are finished during that time since I'll only have my iPad with me, meaning in that scenario ep 4 would be released June 15-16 at the earliest. 

Thanks for replying, since you recently uploaded a version of the game with a few bugs fixed I guess I can start playing it. Will there be any major changes to content in previous episodes? Or Episode 4 is mainly focused on the new parts of the game? Just in case I miss something important that will be changed in Episode 4 that is content from Episode 3 or before. Because if that's not the case I would start playing it right away!

• Upvote 1