Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

This is just displaying as a quote with no text for me?

But I did just realize that post said "It is holding a Metal Coat". I didn't see that part when I first read it. @yAyn you need to use a Metal Coat on Scyther like an evolution stone rather than having it hold it. And a Link Stone isn't needed as part of the process.

I didn’t mean to do that, sorry.

Hi it's me again, scraggy also did not follow gen7 dex, take your time sir, 🙂

I just noticed that cubone follow dex7 just one skill still not in the game, hehe sorry3

Edited by EmiRed

• Global Mods
9 hours ago, EmiRed said:

Hi it's me again, scraggy also did not follow gen7 dex, take your time sir, 🙂

I just noticed that cubone follow dex7 just one skill still not in the game, hehe sorry3

Noted, will fix when I feel up to reuploading, but I'm not a sir. 

14 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I think I remember this being mentioned before and not knowing what to do about it because Copycat had the correct function code (unlike some move issues which result from the function code being incorrect)...maybe I'll just remove Copycat from the game entirely like I had to do with Baneful Bunker. Sorry about the lost Kricketot. If you send me your save file I'd be willing to give you another one as compensation, with any nature/IVs/etc. you want. 

Wow, that is so generous of you! No need to though, I am so addicted to this beautiful game that I immediately went back into the game after reporting the bug to you and I caught another one. Thanks for your generous offer though. You guys, like your game, are an awesome bunch!

• Like 1

• Global Mods
17 minutes ago, rayyan said:

please can someone tell me where to find the tm for sludgewave

Sludge Wave can be purchased from a vendor for Heart Scales at the Sea Star Society Shopping Section. 

In the game folder is a notepad file called "tmlocationlist" which has the locations for all TMs in the game.

also thanks @ookamishadows, that made me smile when I read it! 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I did decide to reupload after all because of the Copycat infinite loop and another shadow Pokemon message with Delicia.

reuploaded with the following fixes/updates:

-removed Copycat from the learnsets of all Pokemon that had it because of the possible infinite loop

-Sky Drop can apparently cause something similar, although there are a few ways to end the loop. removed from learnsets and removed the TM from the game to be safe

-there was another shadow Pokemon message with Delicia, this time with her Lickitung in the first battle, which I've fixed now (tested with other battles too and it only happened in the first)

-Meditite and Medicham now have their full learnsets

also, here are the digitally colored versions of the drawings I posted a while ago! Punkeev/Steffi showed me this site and I made these. 

wCZMVvDmZPoLAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

APHlp8SfqPKFAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

I'm not really sure why some of the colors ended up being all over the place, like red in the first image when I only used red for Cherry. But it was fun to make them!

And here's a picture of Lemon's face being spooky for some reason when I was coloring her dress XD 

wBpbT4YG1KlxAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

♪ ~  ☆ ☆

and you did this version too !

IMG_20180705_155911.png

• Like 1

• Global Mods

The Google Drive link is now up! Since it was faster both with downloading and extracting for me, I put it above mediafire in the download links in the first post. Tagging @Princess Titania since you were waiting for this. Thanks to Punkeev/Steffi for putting together this link!

The Google Drive link is now up! Since it was faster both with downloading and extracting for me, I put it above mediafire in the download links in the first post. Tagging @Princess Titania since you were waiting for this. Thanks to Punkeev/Steffi for putting together this link!

Oh boy! Thanks for that! I am busy shiny hunting in Pokémon X right now so I’ll be downloading it tomorrow! 

• Global Mods

Punkeev/Steffi has now made a Google Drive link for Delicia's Delicious Dreamland too, which I've added to the first post as well!

I also added a short description + screenshots for Delicia's Delicious Dreamland, since I realized there wasn't any info about it in the first post; just the download link. So the only way to find info about it before downloading would have been to search through the pages of the thread from when I was developing it, or to ask. I actually meant to add info and screenshots a few weeks ago for that reason, and even took + bookmarked the screenshots I added, but it kept slipping my mind until now. 

• Like 1

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, babz16 said:

what is the chance to hatch a pokemon with pokerus? the reason i'm asking is because i did

The script editor says 3: 

image.png.75f15d7a30a23eb38bbf551249b5e3d5.png

but I don't know what this number is out of. 

...actually I just looked up while making this post and saw this: 

image.png.64b65f644bc26b560cbc21d0c0aaea75.png

The Mega Ring is obtained as part of the story between the 15th and 16th gyms. 

Ok thanks. Also, I’m making my own Pokémon Fangame and I was wondering if I could use some resources from Spork (With credit of course) I have a plan to make the three agents of the evil team the creators of Spork, Reborn, and Rejuvination. 

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Princess Titania said:

Ok thanks. Also, I’m making my own Pokémon Fangame and I was wondering if I could use some resources from Spork (With credit of course) I have a plan to make the three agents of the evil team the creators of Spork, Reborn, and Rejuvination. 

Resources: If you're looking to use tilesets, move animations, scripts, and things like that, I don't think anyone would mind. Most of what I use in those departments that isn't in default Essentials are borrowed from tutorials, Reborn, and Rejuvenation. Ame and Jan allow people to use those kinds of resources as long as credit is given. 

The only thing I can think of that I wouldn't want people to use is the character sprites, as Palletite and Punkeev/Steffi made those for Spork specifically. 

As for the fangame idea: after I read your post, I discussed this with Jan in the Rejuv development discord channel. Jan said that he didn't really want to be inserted into another game and that the Jan NPC in Rejuvenation is a stretch as is. 

I haven't brought it up to Ame, as she's asleep right now, but I know her feelings on her self-insert in Reborn are similar. She's mentioned that she never wanted to put herself in Reborn in the first place, and only did so because she needed someone to fulfill the professor role. 

I don't have any regret or negative feelings about my own self-insert...I like her, actually. And while I wouldn't have any issues with Spork being referenced in some small way, I'd have some concerns about being included directly. 

I'm not really sure what kind of world your fangame is set in, but Spork's universe doesn't follow Earth's logic, and sometimes doesn't even completely follow the canon games' logic. A lot of aspects of Spork, such as death not existing, are based on my own spiritual beliefs. I believe that Earth is a simulation and that our real planet, Cerri, is where we were born and where we'll return to. Some people (but not everyone) are sent to Earth for reasons like helping others and needing help ourselves. I don't know why Earth even needs to exist in the first place or why we can't just do this back home, since Cerri definitely isn't a perfect place and there are people who need help there too. But Spork follows Cerri's logic, which is different from Earth's in many ways. So direct inclusion of Spork elements in another fangame might be inconsistent with how Spork works, unless the other fangame has the same kind of universe. 

One example already exists in this sentence: "I have a plan to make the three agents of the evil team the creators of Spork, Reborn, and Rejuvination." I'm not sure what kind of activities or goal your villains have, but the concept of evil doesn't exist on Cerri. People on Cerri do have a sense of right and wrong, but no one is seen as evil. As an example, the Rogues are an organization from Cerri that want to brainwash people (I'm not sure if literally or metaphorically though), and they're a massive threat that needs to be stopped. But they're doing it because they genuinely want to make Cerri a better place, and they see forcefully pushing people towards that direction as the only way.  They think they know what's best for everyone. They're like overprotective parents that love their children and want the best for them, but don't trust their children enough to give them privacy or permission to make their own decisions. 

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping to hear, and I apologize if it's upsetting. But I wish you the best of luck with your fangame, and I hope you succeed even if it takes on a different direction than what you were planning. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Resources: If you're looking to use tilesets, move animations, scripts, and things like that, I don't think anyone would mind. Most of what I use in those departments that isn't in default Essentials are borrowed from tutorials, Reborn, and Rejuvenation. Ame and Jan allow people to use those kinds of resources as long as credit is given. 

The only thing I can think of that I wouldn't want people to use is the character sprites, as Palletite and Punkeev/Steffi made those for Spork specifically. 

As for the fangame idea: after I read your post, I discussed this with Jan in the Rejuv development discord channel. Jan said that he didn't really want to be inserted into another game and that the Jan NPC in Rejuvenation is a stretch as is. 

I haven't brought it up to Ame, as she's asleep right now, but I know her feelings on her self-insert in Reborn are similar. She's mentioned that she never wanted to put herself in Reborn in the first place, and only did so because she needed someone to fulfill the professor role. 

I don't have any regret or negative feelings about my own self-insert...I like her, actually. And while I wouldn't have any issues with Spork being referenced in some small way, I'd have some concerns about being included directly. 

I'm not really sure what kind of world your fangame is set in, but Spork's universe doesn't follow Earth's logic, and sometimes doesn't even completely follow the canon games' logic. A lot of aspects of Spork, such as death not existing, are based on my own spiritual beliefs. I believe that Earth is a simulation and that our real planet, Cerri, is where we were born and where we'll return to. Some people (but not everyone) are sent to Earth for reasons like helping others and needing help ourselves. I don't know why Earth even needs to exist in the first place or why we can't just do this back home, since Cerri definitely isn't a perfect place and there are people who need help there too. But Spork follows Cerri's logic, which is different from Earth's in many ways. So direct inclusion of Spork elements in another fangame might be inconsistent with how Spork works, unless the other fangame has the same kind of universe. 

One example already exists in this sentence: "I have a plan to make the three agents of the evil team the creators of Spork, Reborn, and Rejuvination." I'm not sure what kind of activities or goal your villains have, but the concept of evil doesn't exist on Cerri. People on Cerri do have a sense of right and wrong, but no one is seen as evil. As an example, the Rogues are an organization from Cerri that want to brainwash people (I'm not sure if literally or metaphorically though), and they're a massive threat that needs to be stopped. But they're doing it because they genuinely want to make Cerri a better place, and they see forcefully pushing people towards that direction as the only way.  They think they know what's best for everyone. They're like overprotective parents that love their children and want the best for them, but don't trust their children enough to give them privacy or permission to make their own decisions. 

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping to hear, and I apologize if it's upsetting. But I wish you the best of luck with your fangame, and I hope you succeed even if it takes on a different direction than what you were planning. 

Ok. That's fine. I'm sure I can find someone else to take the roles of those characters. Actually, I have some back-ups right now! But I have some more things to say:

1: My game is not set in a way similar to Spork. It does take place on earth, and it is quite different from Spork and Reborn, my two inspirations for the game.

2: The Evil Team is just evil. They plan to make a colony in space and leave Earth to be destroyed. If this was OK with you for including a self-insert, I probably still wouldn't do it anyway because I'm horrible at making sprites and I don't think my own ICSW sprite would be as good as the one in Spork. But like I said, I have replacements, so it should all work out.

Thank you for taking your time to message me about this, but I have one more thing that I need help with...

I got the line 78 error AGAIN in Spork. I think it must have something to do with Aretha's Gym or Aliora City in general. Because I got the SAME error in the SAME spot. I don't want my adventure to end here again, so any suggestions?

Edited by Princess Titania

• Global Mods
40 minutes ago, Princess Titania said:

Ok. That's fine. I'm sure I can find someone else to take the roles of those characters. Actually, I have some back-ups right now! But I have some more things to say:

1: My game is not set in a way similar to Spork. It does take place on earth, and it is quite different from Spork and Reborn, my two inspirations for the game.

2: The Evil Team is just evil. They plan to make a colony in space and leave Earth to be destroyed. If this was OK with you for including a self-insert, I probably still wouldn't do it anyway because I'm horrible at making sprites and I don't think my own ICSW sprite would be as good as the one in Spork. But like I said, I have replacements, so it should all work out.

Thank you for taking your time to message me about this, but I have one more thing that I need help with...

I got the line 78 error AGAIN in Spork. I think it must have something to do with Aretha's Gym or Aliora City in general. Because I got the SAME error in the SAME spot. I don't want my adventure to end here again, so any suggestions?

Would you be willing/able to send me your save file so I can see if I can replicate the issue from there? 

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Princess Titania said:

Ok. Thanks 🙂

Game.rxdata

I spent some time walking around Aliora and the gym, talking to NPCs, battling wild Pokemon and Aretha, but I didn't come across any errors. 

If there's anything else you'd like to test or think could have been causing it, please let me know and I'll see if it happens to me on your file. 

P.S. the space colony thing reminded me of a dream my sister had where Ame told her that Earth was under watch/attack, and was hidden from view by satellite dishes. Ame demonstrated by removing a satellite dish, making Earth visible to the attackers and the attackers visible to Earth. Then Ame put the satellite dish back before anything could happen.