Your Favorite Pokemon Moves and It's Type

I seem to remember something like this already existing...

No matter. I am not reluctant to express an opinion twice.

I have an affinity for light-based moves, such as Dazzling Gleam, Lustre Purge, Discharge, Signal Beam, Tri Attack and so on. Since I am partial to Steel types, I would say Flash Cannon is my wont-to-be signature move.

• Global Mods

All the base 90 special moves like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, etc. But I'll go even further and name my favorite move of each type.

Normal - Tri Attack

Grass - Giga Drain

Fire - Flamethrower

Water - Surf/Scald

Electric - Thunderbolt

Ice - Freeze Dry

Bug - Quiver Dance

Flying - Acrobatics

Poison - Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave

Rock - Diamond Storm

Ground - Earthquake/Earth Power

Steel - Flash Cannon/Iron Head

Fighting - Aura Sphere

Psychic - Psychic

Ghost - Shadow Ball

Dark - Dark Pulse

Dragon - Dragon Dance/Draco Meteor

Fairy - Moonblast

Normal - Tri attack/Boomburst. I always loved tri attack on porygon z. Boomburst is super strong and has no drawbacks.

Fire - Flamethrower. Accurate and powerful.

Water - Scald. Decent power and "generally" burns.

Electric - Thunderbolt. Accurate and powerful.

Grass - Leech Seed. I love seeding stuff.

Ice - Freeze dry. Goodbye Swampert and Kingdra.

Fighting - Dynamic punch. I love no guard machamp.

Poison - Sludge bomb. Seems to poison even more often than scald burns.

Ground - Earthquake. Doesn't have many drawbacks, if any at all.

Flying - Air slash. I'm a sucker for the (otherwise disgusting) air slash togekiss with serene grace.

Psychic - Psychic. Psychic.

Bug - X-scissor. Accurate and powerful.

Rock - Power gem. Special and accurate, unlike all the other rock garbage.

Ghost - Shadow sneak/Curse. Love the battle animation for both.

Dragon - Draco Meteor. It's just so damn cool looking.

Steel - Iron Head. Accurate and powerful.

Dark - Knock off. Good secondary effect.

Fairy - Moonblast. Accurate and powerful.

Normal- Double Edge

Fighting- Hi Jump Kick/Arm Thrust

Flying- Sky Attack/

Steel- Metal Claw/Burst

Rock- Smack Down/ Stone Edge

Fire- Flare Blitz- Inferno

Water- Surf/Brine

Grass - Wood Hammer/ Bullet Seed

Ghost- Phanton Force

Psychic- Future Sight

Dark- Crunch

Fairy- Play Rough

Dragon- Outrage/ Dragon Claw

Ground- Magnitude/ Drill Run

Bug- Megahorn/ Pin Missile

Impossible choose only 1 type :v

Also, Risk x Reward is a thing

Edited by LeMarkyNoob

• Global Mods

Normal - Tri attack/Boomburst. I always loved tri attack on porygon z. Boomburst is super strong and has no drawbacks.

Fire - Flamethrower. Accurate and powerful.

Water - Scald. Decent power and "generally" burns.

Electric - Thunderbolt. Accurate and powerful.

Grass - Leech Seed. I love seeding stuff.

Ice - Freeze dry. Goodbye Swampert and Kingdra.

Fighting - Dynamic punch. I love no guard machamp.

Poison - Sludge bomb. Seems to poison even more often than scald burns.

Ground - Earthquake. Doesn't have many drawbacks, if any at all.

Flying - Air slash. I'm a sucker for the (otherwise disgusting) air slash togekiss with serene grace.

Psychic - Psychic. Psychic.

Bug - X-scissor. Accurate and powerful.

Rock - Power gem. Special and accurate, unlike all the other rock garbage.

Ghost - Shadow sneak/Curse. Love the battle animation for both.

Dragon - Draco Meteor. It's just so damn cool looking.

Steel - Iron Head. Accurate and powerful.

Dark - Knock off. Good secondary effect.

Fairy - Moonblast. Accurate and powerful.

I forgot about Freeze Dry. Changing Ice answer.

Definitley Earthquake
Type: Ground
One of the most reliable moves ever with high base power and accuracy, many pokemon get acces to it, it almost alwasy looks badass and in 90% of the situations it will deal some significant damage

Bullet Punch
Type: Steel
Priority is nice but what really makes me love this move is Scizor. Being my favorite pokemon for well almost forever it was always kinda disapointing to me that his speed is so low especially after the way he was portraied in the anime when i was a kid (he was pretty damn fast) and Bullet Punch basicly gives him that needed speed in a way. Plus combined with Tehnician ability and an item such as Choice Band it gets some great damage done

Rock - Stealth Rock

Water - Scald

Electric - Volt Switch

Grass - Energy Ball

Poison - Sludge Wave

Psychic - Calm Mind

Fire - Will-O-Wisp

Ground - Earthquake

Fairy - Moonblast

Flying - Air Slash

Bug - Bug Buzz

Normal - Swords Dance

Ghost - Shadow Ball

Fighting - Vacuum Wave

Steel - Flash Cannon

Ice - Ice Beam

Dragon - Dragon Pulse

Dark - Crunch

Fighting - Aura sphere cause it's lucario's signature move even though some other Pokemon like mewtwo can learn it.

Psychic-luster purge. Sounds and looks ridiculously cool.

Dark- night slash. Again really cool.

Oh, since everyone is going their top move of every type, I'll elaborate as well. TBH this is also fun introspection.

1. STEEL: Flash Cannon!

2. Water: Good ol' Surf. Screw Scald tbh.

3. Psychic: Lustre Purge. I like light-based moves. Lustre Purge needs a buff in power, though.

4. Ground: Earth Power. I have a preference for special moves, from a general aesthetic point of view.

5. Dark: Knock Off be praised. Unlike Scald, this isn't complete random bull, but a well-needed tool in this item-centered generation.

6. Dragon: Drop a Draco; obliterate the world.

7. Fighting: Aura Sphere for me. At least it's more refined that just beating things up, and it doesn't miss.

8. Fairy: Dazzling Gleam, as well as the yet-unreleased Light of Ruin. I like light-based moves.

9. Flying: eh... they're all the same to me. I'd go with Aeroblast, though. Cool move, the in-between of Air Slash's accuracy and Hurricane's power. Pity it's exclusive to a Pokemon that almost never uses it.

10. Fire: Sacred Fire. This is purely because of the name, and the visual aesthetics are cool, as well, with the blue flame. It looks like a special move, too, though it's physical to suit Ho-oh's higher attack. In any case, fire is indeed sacred in my philosophy, and I like things that have a connection to light.

11. Bug: Signal Beam. I like light-based moves. Saying this for the, what, fifth time?

12. Normal: Tri Attack. I like light-based...oh you know the gist. Plus, PZ is one of my favourites.

13. Grass: Seed Flare. Same reason.

14. Electric: Charge Beam and Discharge. Same reason.

15. Poison: once again, they're all the same...maybe Cross Poison. Looks cool. Toxic has to be the most relied-on move, though.

16. Ghost: I don't much like any of the Ghost moves, they're nothing very outstanding either competitively or aesthetically. I don't like Shadow Ball, since it's opposite to my liking for light. Eh.. Don't really have a favourite here.

17. Rock: Praise be to Stealth Rock. Otherwise, all the other rock moves are unimpressive. The fact that all physical rocks moves that have a base power stronger than 50 are inaccurate is hilarious.

18. Ice: Bottom of the list is always ice with me. It's an excellent offensive type though, and the moves are good. I'll go with Aurora Beam, because, you know, I happen to like light-based moves.

And now, in no particular order, my favorite moves by type:

Normal: Swords Dance

Fire: Flamethrower

Water: Surf

Electric: Thunderbolt/Discharge

Ground: Earthquake

Rock: Power Gem

Ice: Ice Beam

Fighting: Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch

Psychic: Psychic/Calm Mind

Dark: Dark Pulse

Bug: X-Scissor

Flying: Fly

Ghost: Shadow Ball/Curse

Fairy: Moonblast

Dragon: Draco Meteor

Steel: Flash Cannon

Grass: Seed Bomb/Spiky Shield

Poison: Toxic Spikes

Favorite moves by type. Not in any particular order, but I do mention my favorite out of all of them.

Normal: Explosion: Blowing yourself up to do massive damage is really fun, and lets you switch in something else for free.

Fire: Sacred Fire: Free Burn 50% of the time, and big damage.

Water: Steam Eruption: Its like Scald, but with the power of Hydro Pump and almost perfect accuracy. Very powerful.

Electric: Nuzzle: Utility move that paralyzes and makes things like Emolga great

Ground: Bone Rush: I like this one more for aesthetics in the anime and Pokken. Looks really cool.

Rock: H E A D S M A S H: Quite S M A S H I N G if I do say so myself. Also with Rock Head it becomes stone edge +20 BP.

Ice: Blizzard: Blizzard spam with mono ice is fun. Blizzard spam in general is fun.

Fighting: Aura Sphere: One of the few moves unable to miss, and its actually *good*. Also Lucarios signature move.

Psychic: Trick Room: Probably my favorite move in the game. It gives utility to otherwise "bad" pokes. Some of my favorite mons heavily benefit from it.

Dark: Dark Void: Darkrai is my favorite pokemon. Also the animation for this is super cool both in game and in the movie.

Bug: Quiver Dance: This move is so stupid. Its like dragon dance but with another stat tossed on. Makes Volcarona godly.

Flying: Oblivion Wing: I like moves that leech health, and this is the coolest of them.

Ghost: Destiny Bond: If I die, Im bringing you down with me. This has won me many games.

Fairy: Light of Ruin: This move just looks super cool. Even if the Pokemon using it almost always dies because of it.

Dragon: Spacial Rend: Powerful move with a cool animation and crits a lot. Whats not to love? Also its scary in Mystery Dungeon.

Steel: Shift Gear: Another boosting move that boosts more than one stat. And it makes Klinklang actually workable.

Grass: Leaf Storm: Serperior is love. Also nice animation.

Poison: Venoshock: The bane of my existence with poison gym leaders. I like the idea of doing more damage based on a status.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Normal: Facade. Allow for hax to be used to your advantage? Yes, please!

Fighting: Power-up Punch. Builds its own momentum, despite being weak af.

Fire: Inferno. Ironically, I hold a 82% hit/miss ratio with this move. Makes a bit more sense why I like it, given that context, no?

Water: Scald can go burn. Fourty-someodd consecutively (multiple battles) on Sylveon (aka, every time it got hit while not statused). Give Hydro Pump and Aqua Jet.

Grass: Seed Flare. I like Shaymin-S, and I like Seed Flare's effects. Nothing else to say.

Electric: Charge Beam. Builds its own momentum. Sensing a theme?

Flying: Tailwind. Offsets my tendency to use slower (90Base) Pokemon.

Ground: Earthquake. Just enough power, with 100 accuracy, and available as a TM.

Rock: Ancient Power. I like the stronger moves, but the chance of being able to basically sweep everything YES YOU TAKA. +5 ALL IS NOT REMOTELY FAIR

Steel: Shift Gear. But I do not care for Gear, Gigear, or Gigigear, so Metal Burst instead.

Psychic: Psyshock. Breaks the rules.

Fairy: Draining Kiss. 75%damage healing is nice, even if the move itself is weak.

Ghost: Destiny Bond. Even death has its use.

Dark: Night Daze. 95% accuracy, but provides a decent chance to allow for unexpected victories. Besides, Zoroark is my main battling Pokemon.

Bug: Fell Stinger. Wimpy move, but when placed right, builds momentum on its own.

Ice: Freeze Dry. I like breaking the rules, and Freeze Dry does just that. Otherwise, Ice Shard.

Dragon: As a fan of Bravely Default, I can confirm the effectiveness of Meteor.

Poison: Sludge Bomb. Good attack overall, and provides a check to fairies on a few mons that need it.

Shadow: Shadow Sky. Now I want a Castform forme for it. (and Castform buffs)

Clown: All of them. It is impossible to call any of them better than the rest. #blameBibs2k16

Normal: Nature Power/Metronome- I just have a lot of fun using either of these.

Fighting: Aura Sphere and Hammer Arm - cool animation and memories of monster bear for hammer arm

Fire: Heat Wave

Water: Scald because. Scald. Burn.

Grass: Power Whip and Energy Ball

Electric: Discharge

Flying: Oblivion Wing. Awesome animation and effects..and Yveltal.

Ground: Earthquake and Earth Power because cool concepts

Rock: Rock Slide. Useful and annoying

Steel: Iron Tail for nostalgia reasons

Psychic: Psyshock and Psycho Cut. Cool move with cool animation/cool move with cool name that Absol can learn

Fairy: Draining Kiss.. There aren't that many fairy moves and this one is the coolest for me.

Ghost: Ominous Wind and Phantom Force cause cool concepts and animations

Dark: Night Slash and Knock Off

Bug: X-Scissor and Silver Wind

Ice: Sheer Cold (used to really like name of this and it just stuck. I never use it but, the concept of it was always my favorite) Other than that, Freeze-dry and icicle crash

Dragon: Dragon Rush

Poison: Poison Jab and Cross Poison 'cause memories and name

No time for lists, but the animation really makes or breaks a move for me. Outsid of competitive, of course.

My favorite two moves:

Fighting: Seismic Toss

I can't find a decent video on this gdi. Jump to 0:24

Flying: Dragon Ascent

I still remember this, Dobbs~

Normal: Bide. You hit me, I'll hit you back twice as hard.

Water: Scald. FEEL THE WRATH OF BOILING WATER!

Fire: Flamethrower, no more needs to be said.

Grass: Leech seed. Saved my ass so many times.

Electric: Volt switch. Wanna hit me? Sorry bro, ain't gonna happen!

Ice: Sheer Cold. No one shall survive this winter cold.

Fighting: Wake-up slap. No naps for you, haha!

Poison: Venoshock. Oh sorry, did I hurt you? ... what, you say you were poisoned as well? TOO BAD!

Ground: Bonemerang. Come on, attacking someone by using bones, that's badass!

Flying: Chatter. Freaking broken move ...

Psychic: Dream Eater. Omnomnom, dreams. Hypno approves.

Bug: Silver wind. Why silver? Because silver is a badass color that has nothing to do with bugs ... I think.

Rock: Ancient power. BOOM!

Ghost: Nightmare. You shall never be save, not even in your sleep.

Dragon: Dragon breath. The breath of a dragon can harm you? Wowwww..

Dark: Sucker punch. Pow right in the face, haha!

Steel: Iron tail ... Jasmine traumatized me, okay?!

Fairy: Draining kiss. Hello, I'm an innocent little fairy, please pay me no mind while I drain your lifeforce..