Theory on Lin

So there are obvious spoilers. You have been warned.

Most of us know that Lin is the true leader of Team Meteor and that she is a vicious woman of few words. I have replayed through the game and had some thoughts on who she really is. From the way she speaks to the vision of her in Shade's Gym, I believe that her true identity is Florina.

Here is what I believe, that with the vision in Shade's Gym, there is a vision where Lin explodes in a light and her body falls apart. Now that is something not typical for a human to do. A robot, on the other hand would. And who has always been equated to a robot? Well our own Flobot of course. My second hunch is the fact that both of them have the same dark green hair. Of course you could argue it is hard to determine the same character by sprites alone. They also appear to have a similar pattern of speech. Both speak in a strict, methodical method, although Lin has a bit more emotion than Florina. That could be chalked up to Lin 'letting down her hair'.

• Global Mods

After beating Team Meteor at the mansion, Solaris says he doesn't want to get Lin involved but doesn't see another option. So if Lin were Florinia, that would mean he's talking about asking Lin to help take out a group of which Lin is in.

Also Florinia isn't literally a robot; she's called that because she suppresses her emotions and pretends to be matter-of-fact. Her diary in the school offers a glimpse of emotion, and so does her dialogue in the mansion if you beat Solaris's Garchomp at Pyrous Mountain.

There's also the fact that Lin was also a gym leader from Reborn who was based on an actual person and not a character

Oops

spoilers please kuro well that cats out of the bag atleast

It's not a spoiler. That's not an indication that she's a Gym leader - Especially considering she was the Dragon type leader and that has already been estabilished as someone else, not to mention other former leaders (Anna, Cain, Victoria, Fern) have already been mentioned as not being gym leaders in the game.

So really all that proves is that Lin and Florinia aren't the same person because they're based on two different persons to begin with.

No. As stated above, Flobot is definitely squishy stuff (aka a human).
I do think this discussion has been held before, although not per se with Lin directly as subject.
Quick question: Did Saphira reside in the orphanage at some point? Because if so she should've recognized her (which she didn't).

Interesting theory, but there's many other plot points throughout the game that disprove it. Or at the very least, make it extremely unlikely. Florinia seems to be a complicated character. Based on her diary, which is readable in the Onyx Trainer's School, there was an event that lead her to begin acting the way she does. Past abuse? Relationship? Perhaps her ambition to become a teacher at the school required her to study long hours? Whatever the case may be, the diary states she's begun to shirk emotion for the sake of it being unnecessary.

So we know that she acts like a robot. However, Florinia hasn't taken a single action that would otherwise prove beneficial to Team Meteor. She's contributed to stopping the PULSE Tangrowth, thrwarting Team Meteor's attempt at terrorism by destroying the power plant in Peridot, and repelled Solaris at Titania/Amaria's mansion from receiving one of the four crucial items needed for Team Meteor to achieve their goals. Throughout these events, Florinia would have had direct contact with Dr. Sigmund, Solaris, and Sirius, all of whom didn't acknowledge her presence in the slightest. You might think that the reason for this would be to allow her incognito state to continue, but considering how petrified Sirius was after the PULSE Abra had been dismantled, this would prove to be unlikely. Solaris also mentioning the possibility of involving Lin after the events of the mansion, as well as Florinia assisting in repelling Team Meteor from receiving the Sapphire Bracelets, also serves to disprove the theory. This action would seem to prolong Team Meteor's goals unnecessarily.

There's also a myriad of other things that indicate Florinia and Lin aren't the same person. If you defeated Solaris on Mt. Pyrous, Fern and Florinia have extended dialouge at the mansion, where you could see Florinia's robot-like persona fracture at the accusations Fern was unleashing on her. Lin, though extremely methodical, doesn't seem to be robot-like. Cold, ruthless, and imposing sure, but not robotic.

EDIT: Also, through decisions made throughout the game, before the PULSE Abra event, you have the opportunity to explore the Tanzan Depths with Laura, who also provides an interesting backstory to a girl that attended the orphanage. A girl named Lin, an antagonistic little hellion who disappeared after she had put Dr. Connal into his own circuit.

Edited by Antilegend

There's also the fact that Lin was also a gym leader from Reborn who was based on an actual person and not a character

Oops

This.

/thread

Interesting theory, but there's many other plot points throughout the game that disprove it. Or at the very least, make it extremely unlikely. Florinia seems to be a complicated character. Based on her diary, which is readable in the Onyx Trainer's School, there was an event that lead her to begin acting the way she does. Past abuse? Relationship? Perhaps her ambition to become a teacher at the school required her to study long hours? Whatever the case may be, the diary states she's begun to shirk emotion for the sake of it being unnecessary.

So we know that she acts like a robot. However, Florinia hasn't taken a single action that would otherwise prove beneficial to Team Meteor. She's contributed to stopping the PULSE Tangrowth, thrwarting Team Meteor's attempt at terrorism by destroying the power plant in Peridot, and repelled Solaris at Titania/Amaria's mansion from receiving one of the four crucial items needed for Team Meteor to achieve their goals. Throughout these events, Florinia would have had direct contact with Dr. Sigmund, Solaris, and Sirius, all of whom didn't acknowledge her presence in the slightest. You might think that the reason for this would be to allow her incognito state to continue, but considering how petrified Sirius was after the PULSE Abra had been dismantled, this would prove to be unlikely. Solaris also mentioning the possibility of involving Lin after the events of the mansion, as well as Florinia assisting in repelling Team Meteor from receiving the Sapphire Bracelets, also serves to disprove the theory. This action would seem to prolong Team Meteor's goals unnecessarily.

There's also a myriad of other things that indicate Florinia and Lin aren't the same person. If you defeated Solaris on Mt. Pyrous, Fern and Florinia have extended dialouge at the mansion, where you could see Florinia's robot-like persona fracture at the accusations Fern was unleashing on her. Lin, though extremely methodical, doesn't seem to be robot-like. Cold, ruthless, and imposing sure, but not robotic.

EDIT: Also, through decisions made throughout the game, before the PULSE Abra event, you have the opportunity to explore the Tanzan Depths with Laura, who also provides an interesting backstory to a girl that attended the orphanage. A girl named Lin, an antagonistic little hellion who disappeared after she had put Dr. Connal into his own circuit.

Back when she was still a student at the Onyx Trainer's School, Florinia expressed her emotions just like anyone else, until Titania roasted the SHIT out of her in a series of events that have yet to be detailed. That was the catalyst which prompted her to begin suppressing her emotions.

Tbh if anything, I had a crack theory once that Julia is actually Lin since their hairstyles and hair color are so similar. But well, that can't be true, right?

Tbh if anything, I had a crack theory once that Julia is actually Lin since their hairstyles and hair color are so similar. But well, that can't be true, right?

well kuro kinda disproved that lin is a current gym leader in disguise above so probably not

I don't think Lin is anyone in disguise. It doesn't seem to fit her personality, IMO anyway.

Much like what Eclipse said before she sadly was killed, Lin worked herself up the different ranks in Meteor, meaning she wasn't always the "big bad boss" of Team Meteor.

whoa wait what ? This last pat i played through Reborn like 4 times and i never had that event, to explore with Laura and get that story about Lin O.o

I always just assumed that Lin was a childhood friend to all those girls at Tanzan Cove and that she was held at the orphanage at one point becouse Sigmund finds her familiar

whoa wait what ? This last pat i played through Reborn like 4 times and i never had that event, to explore with Laura and get that story about Lin O.o

I always just assumed that Lin was a childhood friend to all those girls at Tanzan Cove and that she was held at the orphanage at one point becouse Sigmund finds her familiar

Depends on your choice at the Yureyu HQ and the Tanzan Mansion. Gets you something even cooler, too, tho.

Like Palpatine I never had this part, do I have not to fight the crazy doctor at the Yureyu to trigger it ? Or just follow him at the tanzan house is enough ?

I would feel cruel to pass by heather being tortured without doing nothing ><

Like Palpatine I never had this part, do I have not to fight the crazy doctor at the Yureyu to trigger it ? Or just follow him at the tanzan house is enough ?

I would feel cruel to pass by heather being tortured without doing nothing ><

Yea i felt kinda same

But what does it get you @laggless (you mentioned something cool) ?

Edited by Palpatine

• Global Mods

Oh, she wasn't their friend. She broke Laura's crayons IIRC.

There's only one theory about Lin that I have: Lin will become fused with Solaris and Sirius by an attempted PULSE Magnezone, and Solinius will live happily ever after with ZEL, but then Taka is tragically abandoned.

Well damn! They should have known then and there that she'd become a leader of a huge terrorist organization/cult thingy wiht aspirations to destroy a city :o:o

Edited by Palpatine

This young Lin seemed aware of Laura's obsessive compulsive disorder and her compulsion to have things made of eight. So, Lin would deliberately wait until Laura had met that goal, then purposefully destroy a few of those items as a means of inflicting psychological torture onto her.

There's only one theory about Lin that I have: Lin will become fused with Solaris and Sirius by an attempted PULSE Magnezone, and Solinius will live happily ever after with ZEL, but then Taka is tragically abandoned.

Nice theory you got there, Viri.

The only theory I have that has anything to do with Lin, is that I have this strange feeling Team Meteor will split up between Solaris and Lin. Their goals are so different, it really bothers me: one seeks destruction, and another seeks beauty.