Meganium or Torterra

tru

Meganium Vs. Torterra  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

well torterra is grass/ground and learns a good variety of coverage moves, unlike meganium who cannot even be a good tank because of its type.

i would say pick meganium to raise the difficulty, but its not even interesting. it will just force you to add a ground type in your team. but with torterra you dont need to

Edited by DemICE

Meganium, pretty much just because A) It was the 2nd starter I chose for playing through Heartgold(never played gold/silver) and B) I have never played through Diamond/Pearl/Platinum so I have never used Torterra in its "natural" setting.

Torterra easily, the whole concept is just amazing - if a bit disappointing because of its small size - but still, much better than Meganium. Torterra is also pretty good in-game, while Meganium is deadweight.

Torterra is pretty cool as it gets Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Crunch, and Curse all through Level-Up. Also, Overgrow works quite well due to Wood Hammer's recoil. I suppose Shell Armor could be useful more often, though.

Meganium was created in GSC and it was actually decent back then,

Could run a bulky Swords Dance set, a Dual Screen set, a Curse set with Light Screen and leech seed,,, and it could pull its weight. Its stats were nice for the bulky GSC meta.

Very few pokemon had good coverage moves back then, so Meganium was not sticking out like a sore thumb.

Chicorita learned Razor Leaf at level 8! Even tho it could not do shit at the first 2 gyms, it was very tough in general.

Problem is, later generations came, new and stronger pokemon appeared, older pokemon became better, new moves were created and almost all pokemon obtained good coverage... well .. Meganium was not included in any of that :D

And it kept going down the drain. And it keeps going... poor thing.

Edited by DemICE

Meganium was created in GSC and it was actually decent back then,

Could run a bulky Swords Dance set, a Dual Screen set, a Curse set with Light Screen and leech seed,,, and it could pull its weight. Its stats were nice for the bulky GSC meta.

Very few pokemon had good coverage moves back then, so Meganium was not sticking out like a sore thumb.

Chicorita learned Razor Leaf at level 8! Even tho it could not do shit at the first 2 gyms, it was very tough in general.

Problem is, later generations came, new and stronger pokemon appeared, older pokemon became better, new moves were created and almost all pokemon obtained good coverage... well .. Meganium was not included in any of that :D

And it kept going down the drain. And it keeps going... poor thing.

I agree, I was around for GSC and it was easily regarded as the best starter. Though I would argue that Feraligatr got the worse treatment, he really has always been useless whereas Meganium was useful at one point.

I agree, I was around for GSC and it was easily regarded as the best starter. Though I would argue that Feraligatr got the worse treatment, he really has always been useless whereas Meganium was useful at one point.

Hey now hes always been useful ever since the special/physical split and even back then he was not "bad". He was always in gyrados shadow though but now a days its about even.