[OOC] ANKL: A New Kind of Life. Or How to Kill a Goddess (Sign-ups closed)

Shamitako

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Natalie

Now that Arya was able to access her powers, there shouldn't have been anything to worry about. But Natalie still felt uncomfortable, because she hadn't yet revealed the truth. She had been manipulated by the Eye of Hope, and it had resulted in terrible things. Yet at the time it had felt like the answer was so clear. The Eye was powerful enough to bend the will of even the god who controlled Soul, there was no other power anywhere near that level which Natalie had access to, not even the power of Time granted to Arya could come close to matching it. The power to change the world was nothing compared to the power to choose its destiny.

"Natalie, is something wrong?" Layla asked nervously.

"Um, yeah." Natalie answered, "Look, I know you guys came here to talk to my mom, but I also had something I wanted to discuss with her, so would you mind coming back tomorrow?"

"Well, we wanted to discuss finding the other goddesses, but we found you, so that shouldn't be a problem. How about we meet up again tomorrow to discuss our next step?"

"Thanks, and that's fine. How about the library? We can go there after classes."

"Mmm, too public, can you just come to our dorm room?"

"Oh, yeah, that makes more sense." Natalie made this reply with hint of sorrow in her voice. She had been hoping to get a chance to clear things up with the girls earlier.

"Alright, we're in room R34."

"Okay, see you tomorrow."

Natalie watched Layla round up the others and head out.

Really lexi, really?

Also, since you said that the Time Eye wasn't something as simple as using mere thought or pointing and shooting, I presume you'll tell me on here how exactly it's supposed to be activated

*Puts on innocent face* What did I do?

Yeah, I didn't want to spend another ten posts trying to explain it

Activating it is definitely more complex than point and shoot, but not too complicated and it is mostly about just thinking. It's mostly just that it takes a lot of practice. You have to visualize, similar to an adept, but you also have to remember what it sounded, felt, smelled, and tasted like (when applicable) in the exact moment you're remembering it from. Then you have to focus all those thoughts into a coherent projection. At first it's likely Arya won't even be able to project it more than half a foot in front of herself, due to the added challenge of thinking of where to put it

As (I hope) you'll recall, a Time Eye's power is to copy things from an exact moment that they are remembered from, the challenge is holding onto that moment and moving it to the present

Fun fact, a Time Eye is loosely based on this: http://bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Mohtrek (Very loosely obvs)

*Puts on innocent face* What did I do?

Yeah, I didn't want to spend another ten posts trying to explain it

Activating it is definitely more complex than point and shoot, but not too complicated and it is mostly about just thinking. It's mostly just that it takes a lot of practice. You have to visualize, similar to an adept, but you also have to remember what it sounded, felt, smelled, and tasted like (when applicable) in the exact moment you're remembering it from. Then you have to focus all those thoughts into a coherent projection. At first it's likely Arya won't even be able to project it more than half a foot in front of herself, due to the added challenge of thinking of where to put it

As (I hope) you'll recall, a Time Eye's power is to copy things from an exact moment that they are remembered from, the challenge is holding onto that moment and moving it to the present

Fun fact, a Time Eye is loosely based on this: http://bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Mohtrek (Very loosely obvs)

You knew full well what you did young lady...

alright, sounds clear enough...

Knowing her, the whole remembering details part probably wouldn't be too hard... but how is this distance thing gonna be handled, is it a relative or exact thing? What I'm basically asking is if it's like in the ToAru Verse where for a power like teleportation you would have to actually calculate the distance/coordinates of the destination, or could you just use the basic surroundings as rough reference and wing it from there?

TLDR; do vectors matter, or is it all based on perspective?

You knew full well what you did young lady...

alright, sounds clear enough...

Knowing her, the whole remembering details part probably wouldn't be too hard... but how is this distance thing gonna be handled, is it a relative or exact thing? What I'm basically asking is if it's like in the ToAru Verse where for a power like teleportation you would have to actually calculate the distance/coordinates of the destination, or could you just use the basic surroundings as rough reference and wing it from there?

TLDR; do vectors matter, or is it all based on perspective?

Yes, it's a fitting power for her. Someone else would likely struggle much more

It's a relative thing. The issue is that thinking about an object you want to place it relative to can often cause you to lose focus on the thing you're trying to remember. So it's easiest to simply place it near to yourself since you're part of your own memories. It also wouldn't be hard to put it in the exact place you remember it from, although that's only useful if you're in that place

hmmm alright, alright, I see. Starting to get the big picture

Now, about the longevity of the constructs- after they've been brought out of memory and into the present, will they persists until either A) Natalie looks at them or B.) Someone comes along and it makes contact with their bare skin, or does Arya have to actively remain focused on it to keep it from winking back out of existence?

She doesn't have to focus on them, however there are three other circumstances in which they will fade against Arya's will:

1. They exist long enough to reach the point where their real counterpart was/would be destroyed/killed/etc. So if you remember a tree three hours before it's cut down, the construct will fall over and then fade in three hours
  2. Something breaks them. If a force of any kind causes a construct to break, then the construct will fade. If you have a sword and it snaps, the entire thing will completely disappear. This also applies to machines breaking, as in ceasing to function (so try not to summon Tiger I, since if she starts crying you're in trouble)
  3. Arya loses consciousness or her memory of the original

Oh... thought you were gonna go with MGS shit for a minute there with giant machines piloted by sentient AI capable of experiencing human emotion (well, at least Peace Walker kinda was...)

So, anyways, just as a theoretical- if Arya were to recall something like a nuke or bomb as it was seen a few hours before it was detonated, at the end of those few hours, would happen? Would it simply fade with a whimper, or go out with a bang?

I'm not sorry about those.

• 1 month later...

Yup, you don sure enough fucked up. Alexus' group left off at the fight with the Uber Cricket... like literally only two posts into it.

Yeah I haven't seen a post related to Alexus in more than 2 months

So, in retrospect...telling everyone I would be away through status is a terrible idea. Luckily, I can rectify that. I'm in India till the 7th. My internet here ranges from shoddy to non-existent so no posts from me till I get home.

• 3 weeks later...

Pssssst, Lexi... Lana can't exactly be with Layla's group for Opium to cast an ornery look at if she's chained up and still being held captive by Riley, can she?

EDIT: Also in accordance with our Chat, I'm going to assume Layla already explained the basic principles of TE and all that shiz to Arya last night and the only thing she really needs now is a some more practice to get used to it.

Pssssst, Lexi... Lana can't exactly be with Layla's group for Opium to cast an ornery look at if she's chained up and still being held captive by Riley, can she?

EDIT: Also in accordance with our Chat, I'm going to assume Layla already explained the basic principles of TE and all that shiz to Arya last night and the only thing she really needs now is a some more practice to get used to it.

Oh, derp, I was tired, names jumbled, I meant Esyllt >_<

Oh, and yes, offscreen things last night, yes yes

Where do Haley and Arturia exist, btw?

. Like I said, I probably forgot people. I'll put them up a bit later, have a headache RN