[OOC] ANKL: A New Kind of Life. Or How to Kill a Goddess (Sign-ups closed)

Shamitako

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi, Kenny, not really a big issue or anything, but I explicitly described Arya's sketchpad falling where it did earlier so that Lilith could have the opportunity to pick it up and examine the sketch for herself.

Just for reference so that Kenny doesn't go and overwrite the reaction to the shock like I ended up doing with Arya in the original cause I only had assumption to go on <_< , how powerful was the shock, relatively speaking?

Lol, very small, around the strength of a low voltage power outlet. It was probably enough to send a small convulsion through Anna's shoulder but not much more. The spot where it struck might feel a tad numb afterward

I am describing my experiences accidentally touching the bare innards of a low voltage power outlet BTW. I didn't even realize why my fingers had been shaking until the numbness set in

No, only in the halls

EDIT: BTW, any of the girl not with Lexi can sense the pressure if they want. Although it won't be as bad as it is for Lilith

EDIT2: I sorted Lilith's dialogue into the proper order. It's still a demented rant, but it's a lot easier to understand which parts are connected to which when it's like this. But since it's easier it's also sort of spoilers, I recommend you only read this if you don't want to try to puzzle out what's happening for yourself

"I'm sorry. I don't know why it happens.

And there's this heaviness, this suffocating pressure, don't you feel it? Everything hurts, it hurts so much. Why does he hate me? Left, right. Left, right. Everywhere, it's all around. Up, up, up, up, up. It's all going up.

Hopelessness, blank eyes, fear. She's dead, she's dead, the heartless bitch is dead!

The power, fear the power. Fear, terror, fear, dread, fear, terror, fear, dread. Take advantage of everything, take the power. Black and yellow, black and yellow. Fear and power, fear and power. What is power?

No, mom, I don't want to, I don't want to. Don't make me go in there. The things they do to me, they hurt. No, mommy, don't put that in there! It hurts! Mommy, why do you let them do this to me? Don't you love me, mommy? Mommy, mommy, make them stop mommy. I don't like it when they put their hands there.

The world, the world is dying. Alex is being ripped apart. Eden's curse is coming. Eden, Eden, Eden. Hate, hate, hate.

What if Arya hates me too? The mack, fatherly love, do you love your father?

The fire, the fire, the lovely white fire. The ashes, the ashes, the dying black ashes. The smoke, the smoke, the empty grey smoke. FIRE FIRE FIRE."

~~~~~~~

Alright, slightly updated version of old transformation rules post (this won't be in the OP so you may want to save the colors chart and the pattern that fits your modifier)

For the most part you're free to do whatever with your outfit so long as the color motif makes sense with your character's element, Line of Belief, or physical design. However, you are required to have your class's pattern in the color of your modifier on both your arms and legs (this can generally be described as looking similar to a tattoo). Pulse, Eye, and Adept have unique rules. A Pulse has four rings on their arms, staring just behind the wrists and repeating at equal distances until the elbow, with no markings anywhere else. Eyes' arms only have three eyes each, all on the inside of their wrists, but their legs will be coated in them. And an Adept has no markings, instead their arms and legs should be almost completely covered

In addition, when transformed your nails should be painted either in the color representing your element or a color representing your Line

Elements and colors:

2s76nwm.png

An extremely well organized and consistent chart that definitely took more than three minutes to make

And patterns:

preview.jpg

Blade

be7ab63ab520082d4ec8b615f4d1eaac.jpg

Fury

2rcoo53.png

Eye Illuminati confirmed

334m4it.png

Fury (all angles are acute and will be completely random in distribution)

2qapnjb.png

Pulse

2rghsle.png

Shield

Vines.jpg

Vine Sorry for ginormous

Checking to make sure:

I can have Riv transform, right? Or did you just want me to try out the chant?

Yes. Since Riv is an Adept it's going to conveniently work out

So, does Reason correspond to Soul in this case?

Yes holy crap I didn't even notice I derped XD

I wouldn't mind fluff if you want to. But this time around an Emberly post isn't entirely necessary to move things forward

Although the more you post* the more chances you have to trigger event flags, so keep that in mind. sometimes something that seems like nothing more than fluff could end up completely changing the direction a scene goes

And I'm 100% serious there. There's certain attitudes, actions, questions, and etc that will cause certain events to happen that wouldn't have happened otherwise. And responding to different scenarios in different ways will cause alterations in what happens

*as in, the more you respond to NPC posts. Just going back and forth with another character won't do much of anything in terms of the RP as a whole. Although it is, of course, still good for intra-character relationships

TL;DR recommended but hardly required

Hmm?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, did I make a typo somewhere?

For the PCs, the chant, using Alexus as an example, should end:

Lend me your power
That I may free myself

For a goddess it ends

I lend you my power
That you may free yourself

EDIT: Oh, you meant Stalkerkain. You should just be copy/pasting what's in Lilith's post @Kain. Since Esyllt isn't actually saying it, Lilith is. Unless Esyllt suddenly speaks goddess

Change that kid's name to Arya W. Freeman

also though...

Sharp - Nightmare

Sharp watched the other two transform just as she had earlier. Their outfits seemed so needlessly complicated to her. Even Lexi's outfit seemed like it wasted effectiveness on frills. Her own outfit had actually become less complicated upon transformation, removing her glasses which might have otherwise impeded her combat ability. She hope that Nayru's outfit was more practical than Lexi's, she'd hate to worship a Goddess of Reason that didn't even have an outfit that made sense. Sharp's own outfit had little more use than to cover up as much of her abhorrent body as possible. Covering everything from her ankles to her upper neck to her wrists. And she certainly would never... She stared in shock at her hand. Nail polish. She had on nail polish. Bright red nail polish. Sharp absolutely hated nail polish, much like he hated letting his hair grow out. Both were symbols of femininity that he couldn't stand. Further, it served absolutely not practical purpose, there was zero point to having it in his combat outfit. He trudged forwards anyways, but continued to stare in disgust as he followe4d Lexi to an unknown destination

Those sudden changes in pronoun usage that last till the end of the Sharp Portion of the update. Are those intentional on your part or just repeated typos? I thought they were just mistakes until I saw the bit about the disdain towards femininity... so... not really whether you just messed up there, or if Sharp is supposed to be outright transgender (Which would actually be very interesting in a setting of this sort, given that being a man in a woman's world is an absolutely miserable fate, at least going off of what you've told me)