Viridescent's Wandering Art Thread [Art: Drawing/Feedback]

Ironbound

I will also admit I was missing your constant pecking and clawing at all that I hold dear in this world.

And hell, of course it wasn't a secret. I said it was an imprudent update, I never said it was a secret one. Everyone knows anyway that it's only a matter of time before I start biting you for Rupees :]

And I still have no idea what k8 means. Thanks for the for-once-unconditional approval though.

Because you have it from the most authoritative source, that is, me, the creator, that it is KSP and norhing else.

Also this can be moved to PM. I don't want some random mod coming along and saying that we're not arting here, and thus shove a warning point in my face.

• Upvote 1

Well, that's... a big one. There are so many lines, how long did this take you?

You have quite the mastery over where you put your lines, I think. In particular, the distinction between root and rock is incredibly clear, and the shape overall is very organic and very pleasing.

Here's a coloured pencil sketch cartoon I did today. It reflects my opinion on today's competitive battling scene and the recent tier shifts.

jQpx6xK.jpg

Granted, I changed their colour schemes a bit. Especially the shroom's. I wanted to make them look disgusting and fat, which they are.

Also the Clef's face is eviler than Gengar's, imo.

• Upvote 6

Thanks, Frappy! To be honest, I don't really dislike any of these mons that much individually, and the Magnet Lord knows I use Clef frequently enough, but put together in the form of a full stall team, it's revolting to me to see these mons.

They're meant to look creepy, unnerving and obscenely fat. The latter of which they certainly are, regardless one's opinion of their appearances.

And yeah, I found Amoonguss's pattern ridiculously stupid in the games, having never liked the 'Mon disgued as item bait' trope with Electrode and lately Amoonguss, so I changed it to look more natural, especially to resemble the colour scheme (rwd with white blotches) of the spotted toadstool, a deadly mushroom.

ah seems like i missed the party

or "fashionable late" as they like to call it. it sucks to have to scroll between the pictures and the reply box.

mega sableye is one those fave mons i've never used... the design, ability and concept are all super cool, but it's so goddamn slow that it's useless in game. hopefully reborn will introduce it. how dare you make him look like one of those embarrassing dads that's convinced they're hip and hilarious.

i sorta think they're not fat enough for that joke to fully go through though, or at least they're the wrong kind of fat – the only looking chubbier than he's supposed to be is Quagsire, and he has the lines in his face going on too, which is great. the other ones could have more handles around their bowties/legs/frill to enhance the effect. More melty?

it's really neat how you used the direction of the crayon strokes to enhance certain effects thou, and the emerald is pretty tits. and i like the OU letters, not sure about the rest.

since the lightning looks like it's from slightly above, amon should have more shadow on his face. and why is chansey wearing slippers?

as for the tree – unfortunately for me, spine basically covered everything i wanted to say. aside from the fact that it looks like all branches point to the sides, some of the ones behind should have more foreshortening. it does look amazingly organic thou, and I'm impressed with the branches in front of the stem.

there's also a quite soft feeling to that tree. granted, i don't know what kind of tree it is - gonna guess mahogany because it doesn't look like a banyan tree or mangrove and that's about the limit of my knowledge of indian botany my ajurveda could kill someone. but while it adds to the organic feeling of that tree, it also lessens the realism a bit, especially those tiny little fingers just waiting to molest innocents. and the circles in the pattern are, but they could extrude a bit, like tiny tree boobs.

edited to add more nagging cause you hoarded me and then didn't reply here & im a vindictive asshole

Edited by Halloween

Oh, thanks, weenie. I appreciate the inputs.

Also, here's a casual coloured pencil sketch. It is my idea of what Popplio can end up looking like in his final form:

VFLLjib.jpg

It looks a little like a Disney character, but Popplio itself is rather silly looking. Anyways, to business:

I imagine it to be Water/Fighting with Torrent and Unburden as abilities. I justify Unburden because it is a Circus-like ability, and everything about this guy screams Circus: the nose, the ruff, the tail, and the fact that it does tricks with bubbles. He should get all the Circus moves, like Encore, Taunt, Trick, Rollout, Bounce, Acrobatics, U-turn, Nasty Plot and Belly Drum, along with standard water and fighting moves like Scald, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Brick Break, Focus Blast and maybe Close Combat. Coverage can include Ice Fang/Beam, Rock Slide, Crunch, etc.

Stats could go like this:

80/118/82/95/76/89

Balanced overall, good bulk, good physical and special attack with boosting moves in BD and Nasty Plot, and decently high speed that outpaces Gyarados and Heracross and stuff like that even without the Unburden boost.

Actually it might be very scary indeed with BD+Sitrus Berry and Sub/Waterfall/CC or even a special NP set with Scald and FB and Ice Beam. It could even use U-turn to use a Scarf Set fairly well. I wish this could be.

Help me think of a name!

• Upvote 4

if that guy came up as an opponent, I'd try to hit it with a fighting move 'cause of the necklace. you overdetail your pokémon designs, but i feel like this one isn't supposed to precisely mimic the official art anyway, so eh. i think he'd look more starter-y with walrus-like fangs. i like the way his fins work! and i feel like you have a good idea of how the designers at gf designs pokémon evolutions, which is sweet. dat eyebrow thou...

i think i've said it before but it's scary to me how you draw these things with no going back, just straight up ink and crayons. hardcore

okay some googling here but

Kaion (kai, the hawaiian and japanese word for sea + iion, the hawaiian word for dog; the hawaiian monk seal is called "Ilio-holo-i-ka-uaua" natively, or "dog that runs in rough water", resembles "lion")

Glotarion (globe + otari + same)

Ballchoult (ball + bacchanal + bout, sounds like somersault)

Circrobout (circular/circus + acrobat + bout)

most these are too complicated, haha-- sigh

I like Glotarion. Sounds nice, and powerful yet goofy.

And yes, Weenie, you're tight. It is not meant to mimic the 'official' style; I did say that it was just a casual pencil sketch h of what I had conceived.

And yeah, that necklace/ruff was basically following on Popplio's neck-ruff thing. I added the feinge of 'hair' around the head and a moustache because why not; everything is better with a moustache. The paler spots on its legs and back are just for some detail; I didn't think it was 'overdetailed', because otherwise the thing looked rather too plain (although granted that Popplio itself is plain in its colour scheme.)

I thought of giving it large tusks or fangs, but did not for two reasons: first, it is a sea lion and NOT a seal or walrus, which I am very particular on distinguishing (honestly it annoys me when people treat them as if they are one and the same; they are only as alike as dolphins and whales are: related closely but yet very different.) And second, I did not want to rip off Walrein.

i think i've said it before but it's scary to me how you draw these things with no going back, just straight up ink and crayons. hardcore.

Also yeah. A man has got to be determined. We don't do sissy things like use traces and erasers 'round here.

Right, here I am again, with another pencil sketch cartoon. To be honest I am liking this style; it's easy to draw and colour, looks good in a poster/cartoon way and I like hand drawing more anyhow.

This time, we have some very powerful arthropods. FEAR THE BUG!

0qD03re.jpg

I did change the colour scheme a tiny bit, but how does it matter. I will also admit to liking Volcarona a lot. Impossible for me to not add a steel type though...

• Upvote 4

I thought of adding in escavalier, frankly, but there was already a Steel type, and Beedrill kinda does the lance-ish thing already as well, so I went for Crustle to add some variety and to take up some space. It'd look a bit empty there otherwise.

But thanks, Frappy!