Viridescent's Wandering Art Thread [Art: Drawing/Feedback]

Ironbound

On 11/29/2016 at 10:36 AM, Viridescent 2.0 said:

#wynaut

Hide contents

QjT7Zme.jpg

It's something something skeletal hydreigon something. I went for avian anatomy because wynaut. Hydreigon has feathers anyway. Though this thing looks like a mutant emu/ostrich chimaera of sorts. W/E.

Zzz

Hey, I really like the work you're doing here. I hope I actually posted that before, but regardless I wanted to talk about this beauty for a moment. I like the overall idea of the skeletal hydra, especially since it feels like a fossil that could've been implemented and successful in the game. However, I feel that there is a bit too much going on with the sketch. The specific point I'm going to make is the central (actually left) head gets lost very easily in the plumage, bones, and necks. It also appears to be disjointed a bit from where the other necks originate. I'd wonder what it would've looked like completely skeletal or only with accents of plumage, such as covering just below the heads or on them to tie it back to hyrdeigon's theme of head hoodies. Still, I love the detail of the sketch and kudos on your work in general. Hope this makes sense and is valuable to you.

Thanks! I agree with you, but I also would like to point out that among the things I post here, there's a very definable difference between when I am actually half-assed enough to pay attention and produce something of quality that I myself am satisfied with (like that Volcarona) and when I just let the pen loose to draw whatever scribble I can think of without taxing myself too heavily about the details. This hydreigonis one of those latter examples. I'm aware of the issues with it, including the crowdedness, but I honestly didn't mean it to be a serious effort anyway.

In fact, working on that idea, I had drawn another skeletal beast, but because it ties in to the game I'm making, I can't really post it here or Baz will kill me :/

Have this instead 

A7Pn2tO.jpg

Give it Earth Power, please. Typh is the only volcano-based Mon that doesn't get that move. 

• Upvote 1

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: 

T H E R E   I S   N O   E S C A P E

M A G N E T R O I D   I S   H E R E

dpRU3R5.jpg

I wish PULSE Magnezone looked like this. It had a somewhat awkward set of claw-talons that I just can't agree with. Something smoother and sleeker would look more fitting, methinks. In this iteration, the magnets have been streamlined and smoothened into rounded bars, so they still keep the magnetlike appearance while also passing for claws or grippy things.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a while, hasn't it? Time is a desideratum, so this place has taken the back seat for a while, but I'm still scribbling stuff when I can.

For instance, I've started a little idea of people in pokemon-themed appearances. Here's a Volcarona WIP (Lineart):

IMG_20170602_192530.jpg

Thanks to all of you who trouble to see my stuff. I'll hope to get this thread going again.

Until next time!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, would you look at that, I actually found the time to finish this thing:

Vol.jpg

Ultimately decided on a bronze monochrome pencil/ink sketch, I felt it brought out the details and demeanour better than a medley of bright colours could. Lady Volcarona is finished. What next?

[spoiler/]

Until next time, then. Feel free to leave any remarks, criticisms, or suggestions, or any ideas you'd like me to consider!

• Upvote 2