Happy birthday, SHIA!

dead account

Hey Shia,

Ah......where to start. I think the first time we held discourse we were already up in arms (over how to use your shop properly - I remember being distinctly clueless and sorry for causing you trouble.)

The tone of our friendship has taken on that interesting dynamic. It's one where you're quick to defend yourself and where I'm quick to dish out tough love. I'm not going to apologize for that - but I will take the time to emphasize the last word of that oxymoron. The amount of love for you that I genuinely have as a friend is very high. I think you've been a fantastic representative of this community and that our spats aren't because hold ill will toward you or even that I enjoy mixing it up with just about anyone.

It's that I think you're worth pulling my hair out over. If it were most others, I would know when to fold and walk away. The people are I argue with the most in this crowd were either former colleagues up top or ended up being really close friends.

What I admire about you is your strength. I haven't been the most gentle person toward you and I am even so bold as to not be apologetic over it - but you've stuck it out anyway. That only earns you more respect.

Have a good one, friend. :)