Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

The part about Pokemon being forced back to their balls after three turns sounds terrible.

Well it sounds hella more realistic than being able to fight underwater with your charizard.. other fire types or just about any pokeman that should not be able to breathe long underwater

• Global Mods

Well it sounds hella more realistic than being able to fight underwater with your charizard.. other fire types or just about any pokeman that should not be able to breathe long underwater

More realistic, but also more irritating. Like going through the marshes and thick snow in Sinnoh.

More realistic, but also more irritating. Like going through the marshes and thick snow in Sinnoh.

Good times, good times. It's annoying indeed, but I appreciate their efforts to remedy bits of "pokemon logic" It was also nice that the "small tree" evolved into a thorny bush so it makes sense you cant just go over it without cutting it down (still no sense that you can't use an alternative to cut but hey)

This is greatly convoluted. But I am all for it, because it means that finally, Magnezone will not be hit by Earthquake.

And yes, I appreciate its attempt to remedy Pokémon logic with the positional classification, but IMO the types should stay the same. No wind types needed. It is simply that all flying types are also floating (notable exceptions could be Dodrio and Gyarados, thereby making them susceptible to EQ despite their type) , but not all floating mons need to be flying types.

And yeah, all I want is to be able to use any Slashing move to do what Cut can, and any Smashing or Crushing or Projectile move to do what Rock Smash can, and moves such as Superpower and Heavy Slam to do what Strength can. I guess that also means Zen Headbutt and the like should be able to do what Headbutt can, on trees. Of course, some HMs like Waterfall and Surf cannot be replicated by other moves.

Well yeah, I mean it's already known to be fake, but thought I'd put it out there for the concept of those battles 'cause they sounded interesting to a degree (but lolwindtype and lolplant type.. metal type? that part makes no sense whatsoever)

Probably throwing it out there for the sake of some discussion to keep us busy till thursday :ph34r: None of these battles would ever happen cause they involve too many weird rules and all but wellp, I'd still like to see genuine underwater battles and some more realism to battling in the middle of the sea

Edited by Masquerain

So guizes, infos in a few hours, but personally, I don't want to outright see what gets revealed because there are only certain things I want to spoil myself for... So , could somebody make an info post about 'em with the agreed-upon spoiler format? e.g. "the info today revealed region map and a gym spoiler - actual pics and info ./spoiler" Would be really thankful :ph34r:

I will never understand the so-called thrill of surprise. I'm of the body of people who like their surprises known beforehand. In any case, surprises are only bad things to an econometrist.

I just have too many regrets about following every single xy leak there was incl the entire pokedex. It felt like it took a lot away from my playing experience after. Now I just feel like I want to go out into the hawaiian world of pokemon, not knowing what will jump out of the grass, not knowing what type it is, not being able to put a face to the name when I fight random trainers that will send out x or y or whatnot. Also not knowing what team I will want to use, nor how "good" they are stat wise. It's just a preference I've decided to go with for these new games. But I am still waiting to see the final evos of starters and their typing + region map and legendary typings

Psycho Steel? I expected fire tbh. New Rotom form as well, which can talk or something, pretty cool.

Also, here's a picture of the Alola region as a whole, seems to be 4 big islands all around the size of the one shown in the first trailer.

VNTbOla.png
Edited by Sohn der Höhe
  • Upvote 3

I guess nobody followed the spoiler tag agreement.. Good thing this trailer showed basically everything I was willing to see and nothing I didn't wanna see

So anyway

The trainers look like they're 10 years old... and the dreadful detail in the concept art... QxwTxfT.png Looks like we are really gonna have burst or ash-frog syncro evolution :| ...Arceus why

Rotom pokedex? ...A rotom merged with your pokedex so it can have a personality and talk.. Scanning QR codes to register pokemon's habitat and dex info? Ugh.... what?

Also, Solgaleo and Lunala are the Sunne and Moone pokemon..what?

That region map looks sad and boring like Hoenn. Meh. The legends' abilities also seem meh, psychic typing is meh. Overall disappointment vibe so far . But hey, at least we have a ghost legend with a cool signature move. And Lillie looks cool.

Edited by Masquerain

So, a bit of spoiler-based speculation:

The legends sure have.... some interesting typings. Lunaala has a STAB of advantage over solgaleo, somaybe solgaleo will get things like crunch or knock off to counter that.

Psychic/ghost lunaala makes quite a sense, at least the ghost part. Fairy would have given it a STAB moonblast, and cresselia is already psychic, so dunno were they are going with this.

Steel/psychic is common to jirachi, metagross and bronzong, so is not a reason to complain, it isn't that common of a typing. I was expecting fire tho.

Their abilities.... are clear cody with a different name for solgaleo (apparently, it showed to prevent stat reduction in the trailer) and something defensive for lunaala. I didn't get too well what exactly their signature moves do either.

The new rotom form doesn't seem like a playable form, rather just a new pokedex feature. A bit disappointed there.

Right now lunaala seems cooler than solgaleo to me, but none are that quite great. Not until we can see what lunaala's ability and sig move do.

Also, may I point out that signature abilities with edgy name for both mascot legendaries seems like something that got carried from XY. Hope these don't turn out as useless assituational as dark aura/fairy aura are.