Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Shinx is a lynx...

A would like if there would be some more interesting flying types, which are not all combined with bug or normal type. This is so boring. Also some pure flying types would be nice.

And of curse I always hope for new eeveelutions.

eurasian-lynx.jpg

shinx is no lynx ^ It's a sphinx more like it (note the different colored body and the fact sphinxes are half lion)

But yes, I'd like to see pure flying types or different flying combos. Bug poison, grass poison, bug flying and normal flying is far too common. Talonflame line was a nice change

Edited by Masquerain

Luxray is definitely based on a lynx. Even if you take the indirect route, it does not resemble anything else and the name is a dead giveaway.

Resembles a lion... with rounded ears and whatnot... does in no way resemble a lynx, neither by mane, face,ears,tail or anything I: Even the name origins are more leaning towards sphinxes because ...yea no idea which part of that line resembles anything other than lions.. And If they MEANT to base the evo line on lynxes, well they failed hard and I want an actual one

Edited by Masquerain

Popped in BC why not.

Luxray is based on a lynx, yes, because of its ability to see through things with X-ray vision, which ancients believed the lynx was capable of with its penetrating gaze. But yeah, I agree that physically its features are more leonine. But yeah, I do not really want more cats and dogs, even though every generation has at least one line based on some feline or canine.

Pn an aside, Mega Luxray Dark/Electric with Strong Jaw Crunch and Ice Fang, along with Wild Charge and Superpower Y/Y?

Long live the king.

I want more ghost types, and pokemon based on cryptids! I also want a ghost type eeveelution, and bug type too!

And an orchid mantis scyther evo, because scizor was a hugee disappointment to me and I personally feel that scyther deserves better.

Also, the only type of gym we haven't had yet is a dark type gym. I'm hoping we break that this gen.

Don't diss on Scizor! *Bullet Punches to the face*

But yeah, personally I'd like a Steel type Eeveelution, as stated earlier, but we do need more ghost types. Ghost/Rock fossil Mon that wasn't fully revived or something idk?

New way to evolve the Eevee for its ghost Eeveelution: it has to faint during a battle at night level 20+.

Y'know, I was joking at first when I wrote this, but I think that'd be a kinda unique way to see a Pokemon evolve even if it is a bit grim. Sure, Pokemon already evolve regardless of fainting if it levels up, but I don't think we've seen a Pokemon evolve because it fainted.

So you know how the existence of Sun and Moon was given away by the trademark leaking? Well, due to the same reason we now know SOMETHING about the game: The names of the box legendaries.

Well, the Japanese names. They're called "Solgaleo" and "Lunaala" in Japan. I think you can tell just by looking at those names which is which.

That is, assuming they're not one of those "fake" trademarks Nintendo does sometimes, like "Grey version".

Why am I putting these in a spoiler tag, this whole thread is spoilers. Anyways..

Solgaleo. GALEO. If that's not a Galileo Galilei reference, I'll eat my audit report.

Lunaala just seems like an inversion of 'La Luna' though. Idk.

Edited by Viridescent

Why am I putting these in a spoiler tag, this whole thread is spoilers. Anyways..

Solgaleo. GALEO. If that's not a Galileo Galilei reference, I'll eat my audit report.

Seems more "solar lion" to me but idk

Let's continue the spoiler trend!

EDIT: screw the spoiler trend. Everyone below me ignored it.

Solgaleo and Lunaala, eh? Aside from the obvious associations with the sun and the moon, the first things that stuck out to me in each of them were:

SolgaLEO: Leo implying a lion. Lions are associated with royalty, and the sun is very much considered with a certain regal sense of importance. I understand these are Japanese names, and I don't know if it quite translates this way, though. Anyone able to clarify?

LunAAla: I'm certainly less confident about this one, but the double A made me immediately think of sheep ('baa'). Wouldn't be the first time we've had a sheep mon with two consecutive A's in the name (Flaaffy anyone?). While I'm not sure how sheep tie in directly with the moon, the moon is associated with night, and we're supposed to count sheep at night to get to sleep. I, for one, am perfectly happy to get Moon on the grounds of the Moon-Sheep god.

Edited by Spineblade

I'm just going to quietly sit here and hope they don't use these trademarks..a Lion and a...whatever else? Wasn't really what I hoped for in these legendaries... BUT, you know what else this means? If the sun legend will really be based on a lion, it adds more confirmation to the region being based on Singapore as it is called the Lion city (also garden city)

P.S. Serebii says it is not even confirmed the trademarks belong to pokemon as they were registered by a japanese IP Lawyer. He does say it might be a registration via proxy but it's not confirmed

Edited by Masquerain

Something about the Luxray topic again... "Lux" is a physical unit for light, but I am german and the german word for "lynx" is "Luchs", which is pronounced exactly the same way as "lux", so maybe that lead me to the misconclusion that it's a lynx, because this is contained in the name. The german pokemon enceclopedia says it's a lion. But a few days ago I watched some youtube video that says that Luxray is actually based on a lynx, and the french name for Shinx (Lixy) also referes to a lynx. So... I am confused now.

Just take it as a failed attempt to make a lynx pokemon because it physically is no more than a lion sphinx :|

But anyway, onto sunmoon possible legend names... There have been theories floating around already that solgaleo could be derived from the obvious sol for sun and

1. galeo - type of shark in spanish

2. leo - lion

3. galileo galilei ?_?

Lunaala - since it's japanese, usually an extended "aa" can mean Lunarla or Luna-ala (luna-ara even )

option 1. moon wing (luna+ala in latin and latin root languages)

2. ara is a constellation, so not related to ala (wing)

3. In the case of lunarla ...well, it could be something completely different than what the current theories are

Seems more "solar lion" to me but idk

Thought the same exact things.

I just want to mention that if these are indeed the japanese names, the english names are gonna be the same!

Until now all the box legendaries have the same name in japanese and english, as are most of the legendaries (exceptions are the lake trio, deoxys and some others that are still almost the same like Cresselia=Kureseria)

Don't diss on Scizor! *Bullet Punches to the face*

But yeah, personally I'd like a Steel type Eeveelution, as stated earlier, but we do need more ghost types. Ghost/Rock fossil Mon that wasn't fully revived or something idk?

I just really love Scyther and I wish it had a more draconic looking evolution, because scyther looks draconic/reptillian a bit.

We do need more ghost types, but I think the reason why there are so few is because in reality, ghosts are hard to come by/contact. And we have a lot of water pokemon because majority of the earth is water, I think.

I've been thinking of potential pokemon, ghost types especially, and I had the same idea! Like, something goes wrong in the revival/restoration process and it's stuck in some like...inbetween stage? It could be called the purgatory pokemon or something haha

A steel type eeveelution would be cool! For some reason I imagine it having ornaments on it kinda like Dialga. A poison or steel eevee would go well and complement Sylveon. I think it was weird to have only one eeveelution released in gen vi, as it started with a trio, and then there were two more pairs released.

I wonder about the stat distributions though, how many different combinations can we have, will there eventually be two eeveelutions with the same stats?

ok let me do math

I'm trying to remember how to do combinatorics...it wouldn't be 6^2 right? Which gives us 36, but that is how you calculate probability I think. Because six stats and six possibilities to fill each stat...wait, we can't have repetition

Or would it be 6!, which is 720

or 6^6, which is an insane 46,656

Statistics is confusing, but whichever answer was right (if either happen to be), there are plenty of combinations

A big number in pokemon shouldn't be surprising, I mean look at the spinda variations (excluding shiny) and that crazy large amount of damage a shuckle can do under specific conditions

Edit: While it's likely those names are pokemon legendaries, given the names, serebii states that a lawyer trademarked the names, instead of nintendo/gamefreak.

Also, this reminds me of that one leak

fake-pokemon-scans.jpg

The legendary on this leak looks like it would fit with the Solgaleo name. However, these are not confirmed and are only leaks, and I hope they're fake because we already have a grass goat, a water crocodile (it also looks like sandile) and we also have plenty of bear pokemon

This leak also has no source to my knowledge

Edited by Kagamine

I just really love Scyther and I wish it had a more draconic looking evolution, because scyther looks draconic/reptillian a bit.

We do need more ghost types, but I think the reason why there are so few is because in reality, ghosts are hard to come by/contact. And we have a lot of water pokemon because majority of the earth is water, I think.

I've been thinking of potential pokemon, ghost types especially, and I had the same idea! Like, something goes wrong in the revival/restoration process and it's stuck in some like...inbetween stage? It could be called the purgatory pokemon or something haha

A steel type eeveelution would be cool! For some reason I imagine it having ornaments on it kinda like Dialga. A poison or steel eevee would go well and complement Sylveon. I think it was weird to have only one eeveelution released in gen vi, as it started with a trio, and then there were two more pairs released.

I wonder about the stat distributions though, how many different combinations can we have, will there eventually be two eeveelutions with the same stats?

ok let me do math

I'm trying to remember how to do combinatorics...it wouldn't be 6^2 right? Which gives us 36, but that is how you calculate probability I think. Because six stats and six possibilities to fill each stat...wait, we can't have repetition

Or would it be 6!, which is 720

or 6^6, which is an insane 46,656

Statistics is confusing, but whichever answer was right (if either happen to be), there are plenty of combinations

A big number in pokemon shouldn't be surprising, I mean look at the spinda variations (excluding shiny) and that crazy large amount of damage a shuckle can do under specific conditions

Edit: While it's likely those names are pokemon legendaries, given the names, serebii states that a lawyer trademarked the names, instead of nintendo/gamefreak.

Also, this reminds me of that one leak

fake-pokemon-scans.jpg

The legendary on this leak looks like it would fit with the Solgaleo name. However, these are not confirmed and are only leaks, and I hope they're fake because we already have a grass goat, a water crocodile (it also looks like sandile) and we also have plenty of bear pokemon

This leak also has no source to my knowledge

they were already confirmed to be fake though, the creator even admitted it and stuff

Hasn't stopped GF from dumping a shit ton of dogs, cats, rabbits, snakes and electric rodents on us (Sorry, Michael.) In fact, they seem to like repetitions of the same animal concept: Tentacruel and Jellicent, Tauros and Bouffalaunt, Tyranitar and Tyrantrum (to an extent), and so on. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see more goats and crocodiles and bears or whatever, and would still be unhappy if there isn't an actual dolphin Pokémon. Even in the actual thing, not just these fake game leaks.

Edited by Viridescent

Hasn't stopped GF from dumping a shit ton of dogs, cats, rabbits, snakes and electric rodents on us (Sorry, Michael.) In fact, they seem to like repetitions of the same animal concept: Tentacruel and Jellicent, Tauros and Bouffalaunt, Tyranitar and Tyrantrum (to an extent), and so on. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see more goats and crocodiles and bears or whatever, and would still be unhappy if there isn't an actual dolphin Pokémon. Even in the actual thing, not just these fake game leaks.

There's still plenty of puns and creatures and concepts that they can make pokemon from though. Just because they have made redundant pokemon prior, doesn't make it so they can keep doing it. I understand concepts will overlap of course, but let's hope they start breaking trends.

Also, what do if Fire/Fighting again?