...Hello? Is this thing on? Hello? Oh, wait... I'm typing... My bad.

Hey, guys! This is Komodojoe coming to you from the other side of the computer screen. If for whatever reason you notice that the poster's name is different, it probably means that someone's assassinated me and has attempted to take my place. Either that, or I've changed my profile name... which I don't see happening anytime soon.

If you're reading this, it either means that you've taken an interest or you're just here to listen to me ramble. Either way, I would like to say thanks for lending an eye. G​et it? It's because you're reading and not... never mind. ​Bad jokes aside, I really do have something that I would like to share. As the topic implies, I will be introducing the concept of an RP here. And if said concept gains enough interest, I will begin to build it into an actual RP. And given some time, It will become an RP, which everyone will hopefully enjoy. So without further ado, let's get started with the concept...

This time, it's a Pokémon RP, taking place in the lesser known region of Excera with new places to see, a new Pokémon League with a new Gym challenge, and most importantly, a new kind of system known as the Excel Program, which goes beyond the usual Elite Four challenge, which obviously makes it more difficult than the E4. Not to mention that it is also said that the League is much more difficult than the more famous ones that you're used to. In this RP, you are a veteran Pokémon Trainer that has come to this region for a specific purpose, which is most likely to take on the League and become one of the few Excelled, a Pokémon Trainer that has conquered all of Excera's challenges, including the Excel Program itself. Or... you know... it could be for an entirely different reason. Or it could be for multiple reasons... I'm getting off track here, aren't I? *Ahem* Unfortunately, there's a snag that you weren't aware of: For quite some time, there has been a criminal organization hell bent on taking over the region. Not to mention that they have enough people and cunning to do so. And before you ask, no. This isn't some small and pitiful group like Team Rocket that can be thwarted by a ten year old. This region's officials have been fighting back, but they're slowly losing ground. Many towns, corporate buildings, and even one of the larger cities have been taken over, allowing crime and corruption to run rampant everywhere in every step that is taken. In the midst of all this chaos, there is a resistance growing to fight back in hopes of driving these criminals out entirely. The challenges and dangers get bigger the further you go. But then again, so do you and your party... but I'll get into that if this actually becomes a thing. For now, let's just say that there will be some limitations that will be slowly lifted as the story progresses. Since your goal and this resistance's goals most likely go hand in hand, your objective is to assist these people in bringing these people to justice and challenge the League as you go, and by extension, eventually bring the organization down and challenge the Elite Four and the Champion... which may or may not be in that order. I haven't decided yet. Regardless, the Pokémon League isn't what you're really aiming for, but it does bring you that much closer to your goal. Only after you defeat the Champion can you take on the Excel Program.

Well, what do you guys think? It's just an idea at this point, so it's not perfect. Then again, what is? Do you like it?. Do you not like it? You can start at any time. So by all means, type away. Tell me what you think. Yes, you may speak (or in this case, type) the truth. What do you want to see? What don't you want to see? What would you like to suggest? Why am I asking so many questions? Why am I dragging this on far enough to keep you from typing?!? WHY AM I-

...Actually, why are you still reading this? I said you can start. Well... go on...

SPEAK YOUR MIND!!!​

Edited by Komodojoe

It's been a while since I've been in an official rp, so I'm interested.

Do our characters have to be interested in the gym/E4/Champion challenge? Because the resistance thing sounds more interesting for a character I might use for this.

Well, it looks like I've got a decent amount of interest so far. Awesome.

It's been a while since I've been in an official rp, so I'm interested.

Do our characters have to be interested in the gym/E4/Champion challenge? Because the resistance thing sounds more interesting for a character I might use for this.

No, your character does not have to be interested in the League's challenges, but I am glad that you said that since the gym challenge does have a role to play other than just the badges. They are linked to those limitations that I mentioned earlier.

In this RP, you will only start off with three Pokémon and gradually gain slots in their party depending on how many badges you currently have. This is really so everyone can get the Pokémon that they want, but I'm not entirely sure if I should put a limit on a Pokémon species. As in only one preson can have a Pokémon from the Charmander line, or only one person can have a Druddigon, etc. to prevent any sort of confusion. I'll probably end up doing that, but I'll think about that later. The limitations are most likely be like this:

0-1 badges, three Pokémon

2-3 badges, four Pokémon

4-5 badges, five Pokémon

6-7 badges, six Pokémon

And once you have all eight badges, that's when you can Mega evolve one of your Pokémon.

... And I do believe that's it for the limitations. Details of the story itself will have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow.

Hey. The more interest the better. It's only going uphill from here.

Actually, I've been putting in more thought about what I should do with this RP in terms of how things are categorized in the story before I actually put anything into place. And by that, I mean if they should be separated into two groups, with one consisting of the veteran trainers and the other consisting of actual resistance members, or if it should just be one large group. And after seeing the pros and cons of both options, I've decided to put it to a poll... which should be up soon if it isn't already. But I did say that I would discuss a bit of the story and I don't want to keep you guys hanging. I think that it will be safe if I went further in depth with the Excel Program along with some of the organization's history.

As you already know, the Excel Program was made as a challenge beyond that of the usual Elite Four challenge. The Excelled are seen as extremely strong Trainers. However, it goes much further into that. The Excel Program was originally made to help protect the people and resolve large scale situations that could not be handled by normal means. In short, the Excelled are supposed to be international peacekeepers, solving major problems and restoring order wherever they go. The idea first arose when Team Rocket took over Goldenrod City's radio tower, as this was the second time a crisis has been caused by a criminal organization in recent years. Granted, this is the second time by the same organization, but that only continues to prove the point. Unfortunately, no one ever supported the Project. Years upon years have risen and fallen. Teams Magma and Aqua in Hoenn, Team Plasma in Unova, Cipher in Orre... twice, and many others have risen and fallen. All of which have been thwarted by some up and coming Trainer... along with a few others, of course. But how long will that last? It wasn't until Lysandre and Team Flare tried to activate Kalos' ultimate weapon that Excera's officials, let alone anyone, opened their eyes to the situation and approved the Excel Program as a whole.

Every Excelled exists to promote peace and restore order where it's needed. However, many people have different views of peace and order, sometimes causing conflict among themselves. One man went as far as to start up a large group based on imperialism, where you have to either abide by the rules, or be excessively punished for defying them. As his group grew in numbers and became more powerful, he also became blinded by this power. He got caught up in his own little world so badly that he couldn't see how much the chaos and corruption spread throughout the group. His arrogance eventually caught up with him when he was stabbed in the back by one of his top subordinates and executed on the spot. After that, this man had taken the place of his commander and turned this group into a very organized crime syndicate by gathering those that are or can be corrupted and purging the rest out of their ranks. Once that was over and done with, they set their sights on taking more ground as they spread their corruption throughout the land, which brings us to where we are today.

And that's basically the short history of this RP. I'll build upon this and clean it up a bit before the RP starts, but this is more or less the idea of how things lead up to the present. Keep in mind that some of this info may change and move around a bit.

on second thought, since we are starting out as Veterans, it sounds OK to me if we start off at Level 30-40.

Will there be currently non-existent Mega Evolutions in this RP if we request them? Or are we limited to existing Mega Evolutions (or even none at all)?

Well, given the idea of starting out as a veteran in this RP, I would have to say that you would probably start out with Pokémon at around the 40s. Probably at a maximum of level 45 if I'm feeling generous enough. But yeah. It's most likely going to be around the 40s. Maybe a little higher. Maybe a little lower. I'm still thinking about it.

As for the question about the mega evolutions, I will allow megas as said in one of the posts above, but only after you collect all eight badges. Moving on to the unofficial megas: Given the right circumstances, I might allow them, but don't count on it. When mega evolutions are available, they will most likely just be the official ones. If, and that's a pretty big if, I allow unofficial megas, there will have to be very specific requirements to obtain their mega stones. Then again, there will probably be specific requirements for the official ones as well.

Edited by Komodojoe

Oh, don't worry about the one that I had in mind not being an officially announced Mega Evolution; Nintendo themselves announced that all Starters would be getting a Mega at some point or another.

Edited by K_H

Alright, so it's been at least a week since I put up the poll and as of when this post is... well... posted, that will mark the end of it. With that said, here is the poll and its results...

Should this RP focus on two different groups, one consisting of the trainers and the other consisting of the resistance members, or should it be just one large group?

1. Two groups. The separation of the two groups from time to time may prove to make the RP feel more complete. (1 votes [25.00%])
  2. Just the one group. Having two or more might make things complicated. (1 votes [25.00%])
  3. Let the Host decide for himself. (2 votes [50.00%])

And the majority (which is two people out of the four... obviously) says that I should decide for myself. Which means that what I say goes... and my decision is, in short, a mix of the two. But for the sake of your amusement and me trying to not confuse anyone, I'll be more specific.

This story will have two separate groups, but there will be times when these two groups will become one large group, such as when there's a gym in town or some other major event going on.

That being said, there will also be other events that you can take on regardless of what group you're in, but the group of people participating in said event and/or the event itself is usually rather small and can happen at almost any time. These will be labeled as extra events... or something along those lines. And, if requested, there might also be a character specific event at certain points in the story as well for any of you who want to stray away from the main plot for a little while. These will be known as character events. Keep in mind that if you do have an idea for a character event, you should probably let me know ahead of time so we can build it up for when it actually happens. I'll put up more info for both of these when I put up the OOC if they become a thing.

I have also been setting up things like the map of the Excera Region, it's gyms, and both factions among other things. The resistance will have a few Excelled among them and other Excelled, will be recruited further down the line. There are also rumors that there are some former Excelled among the organizations ranks as well. That's all that I'm going to mention on that topic for now. And now we move on to the gyms...

For many reasons, Excera's gyms will not be type based like many of the others and might have a different set of rules. One good example would be one of the earlier gyms, which will be based on day and night. This gym will instead have two gym leaders, but you may battle them in the order of your choosing... or you can join up with someone else and challenge both leaders to a double battle. Defeating both of them will either net you a badge if you chose the former, or both participants if you chose the latter.

Edited by Komodojoe

Well, I gotta admit, this all seems fairly put together and thought out. And it's definitely interesting. You've obviously put some time and energy into laying the groundwork for all of this. That's good...

So yeah, guess you can count me in for this too.