{MASSIVE FRIGGING SPOILERS} Character Theories And The Prophicies

Valyrym

Im beginning to think Madame X is our true mommy that created us some time between these time jumps, in an effort to save the world from herself being at one moment she hates our guts to i need you to remain alive scenes

Interesting, never though of it that way

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm calling it: during his talk with Crescent, Ren was instructed by her to join Team Xen (who's working to make the Prophecy of Light come true) and infiltrate it, then destroy it from the inside, seeing as how it's pretty clear that he's one of the shadows.

Also, I think that Crescent is not only working to make sure the Prophecy of Darkness comes true, but that Nim, of all people, is one of the shadows, hence why Crescent brainwashed her: she wouldn't turn on her friends otherwise. Supporting this is the fact that in the game's graphics (as I mentioned here) that you can find sprites of Nim (or, more specifically, her brainwashed persona, Lorna) in what appears to be Team Xen garb.

I'm calling it: during his talk with Crescent, Ren was instructed by her to join Team Xen (who's working to make the Prophecy of Light come true) and infiltrate it, then destroy it from the inside, seeing as how it's pretty clear that he's one of the shadows.

Also, I think that Crescent is not only working to make sure the Prophecy of Darkness comes true, but that Nim, of all people, is one of the shadows, hence why Crescent brainwashed her: she wouldn't turn on her friends otherwise. Supporting this is the fact that in the game's graphics (as I mentioned here) that you can find sprites of Nim (or, more specifically, her brainwashed persona, Lorna) in what appears to be Team Xen garb.

i, would be ok with that, i never really liked nim all too much, and honestly a twist like that might make her more interesting

Or she just represents a neutral chaos - there's a newer scene after beating the Ghost Gym where Ren is apparently upset that you managed to undo the town's isolation in a matter of DAYS when he had been trying for YEARS, and Crescent capitalizes on that by suggesting he join Team Xen. That is not something a Warrior of Light would suggest at all. There's also the matter of exactly why Crescent would take such an interest in you and your mother remaining out of the clutches of Team Xen. We all know she's played a direct part in their lives somehow prior to the game starting, and it's also highly implied that prior to the events of the game, Crescent was responsible for the Goldenwood radio tower project failing as well. Again, not something a Warrior of Light would be doing.

Remember that they were trying to create a "new world" by destroyng the existing one... so I guess Crescent stopped them. Which is actually something that ANY person with common sense would do. But she overdid it by burning the whole place down.

Going to the Amethyst Grotto, I'm wondering what the deal is going to be with that place. Like, who's souls put to rest will be on the five platforms. We already set down Keta's as a proof of concept I think, and I'm assuming that Maria's mother will be next, but after that, I'm pretty unsure. Since we have the Soul Stone, the person who's soul we put to rest will have to either have died in our presence, or possibly, like Keta, have had their soul taken before we got the Soul Stone.

Any ideas around that whole place?

Edited by BananananaK

I'm kinda starting to think that Ms. Katsu from the past is Madame X. The way she talks.. the fact that she has a daughter named Anastasia (Almost sounds like Nastasia.. and she has purple hair) I don't know. Maybe Nastasia is Anastasia and Madame X' daughter, at least it would explain her high rank in Team Xen and her intelligence. O.o This whole story just confuses me and I'm curious as to what Version 8 has in store for us.. :)

Edited by Lagspike

Going to the Amethyst Grotto, I'm wondering what the deal is going to be with that place. Like, who's souls put to rest will be on the five platforms. We already set down Keta's as a proof of concept I think, and I'm assuming that Maria's mother will be next, but after that, I'm pretty unsure. Since we have the Soul Stone, the person who's soul we put to rest will have to either have died in our presence, or possibly, like Keta, have had their soul taken before we got the Soul Stone.

Any ideas around that whole place?

I was about to post about this. I was sure Nancy and Jenner would be there too... but we don't have their souls, so I guess that rules out that possibility.

I was about to post about this. I was sure Nancy and Jenner would be there too... but we don't have their souls, so I guess that rules out that possibility.

Maybe Jenner was an artificial human, like Nancy? That's the only reason I have for us not getting his soul...

Well if Jenner fell in the lava like Nim maybe he isn't dead?

Well, Nim did have a protective coating of stone around her, meaning Crescent could have teleported her out before she melted. Jenner wasn't so lucky. As for why the protagonist survived... well, probably because Crescent was able to break reality or something, and didn't want the protagonist to die until she was done using them.

In the ship when you first start the game, in that room where you can listen in to Crescent and the protag's mom, Crescent also seemed in disbelief that she felt any emotion. So Crescent also is aware that Nancy is a doll, which makes me suspicious about a possible connection between her and Madame X.

(Sidenote: When Nastasia talks to Nancy downstairs, she says that they didn't take her in the dead of night to avoid running into her, which is presumably Crescent. I don't know what this info accomplishes, but I felt like mentioning it.)

And the even creepier thing is that Nancy says she's starting to feel fear, and Crescent responds that it's nonsense, and that all she's feeling are faux emotions, to which Nancy doesn't even respond. This makes me think that Nancy knows she's a doll o.o

Edit: In Marianette's Mansion I also noticed that in the trial that she completes to get you out, the maid there says it was completed by Marianette Theolia. And since Angie's secret layer is called the Grounds of Theolia... I'm seeing a potential for the two to be related?

Secondary edit: During the time when Melia is sacrificed, Angie also mentions her last name being 'Theolia'. I'm getting a future-plotline feeling.

Edited by BananananaK

i don't know if this is said or not but

if you beat madam x in blakesteeple castle she says "sorry ... father''

ive thought about this a bit, after she says this she finds out that Melia is still alive then mumers "this changes everything" maybe she was working for her fathers goals after she found out that Melia died and then starts a new path once confirmed to be wrong

ive thought about this a bit, after she says this she finds out that Melia is still alive then mumers "this changes everything" maybe she was working for her fathers goals after she found out that Melia died and then starts a new path once confirmed to be wrong

Idk if it's just me, but that feels a bit out there :P

It could still be the case though.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you've all replayed the game, but a lot of the game prior to the 5th gym (maybe even later) is now drastically different from what it used to be. The Blackstepple Castle arc in particular was COMPLETELY overhauled, in every sense of the word.

For example, when Madame X apparently tries to kill you at the castle, she mentions taking what is 'rightfully hers', and immediately follows that up by saying the it's player character's life. Perhaps she was actually being literal there. They also really emphasize the whole 'mom being a doll' thing, especially with Madame X being incredibly surprised that she'd sacrifice her own life to save you, saying that it should have been impossible for her to experience such emotion. Maybe you and your mother were actually former team Xen members, or closely related to them.

Neved outright says that all of the prisoners were needed for the sake of collecting chaotic energy, and that once Madame X arrived, instead of murdering the prisoners, she'd take their free will. There's a point during that arc where you see your mother being forced to try to repair a generator as well (through computer coding, which has numerous implications in itself), though she instead sabotages it, using the excuse that it had been a while since she last tried such a thing.

Madame X may be protagonist from future/another reality, tried to kill you (protagonist) and let herself disappear, because she wants to avoid all events that she done (for example - became Madame X) ... but it doesn't make sense if you playing as male...

Edited by ShaylaShay

Now that I think about it again, I think Melia *might* be Neved's daughter. My major reasons are as follows.

1. Neved in the caste says 'Emma' reminds him of his daughter.

2. Melia was only adopted by Jenner. However, we don't know her real dad.

However, now that I think about it, she realistically wouldn't be the daughter Neved mentions. It's also very possible he had TWO daughters, meaning that the one he mentioned is one, and Melia is the other. There are also other somewhat minor reasons related to a connection between the two, or something. I dunno though.

On the subject of Neved's daughter, the Wispy Tower has tombstones for "Nevvy" and "Neveah" which I found interesting because those names are similar to Neved. There's also one for Gregory, which is Geara's real name.

Yeah.. one of them is probably his wife, I dunno about the other though. Or so I'd assume. It also relates him to Goldenleaf town, which is interesting.

I do wonder what connection Gregory has to Narcissa though. For a while I assumed he was Narcissa's husband, but since my last few playthroughs I'm not sure.

• Global Mods

Yeah.. one of them is probably his wife, I dunno about the other though. Or so I'd assume. It also relates him to Goldenleaf town, which is interesting.

I do wonder what connection Gregory has to Narcissa though. For a while I assumed he was Narcissa's husband, but since my last few playthroughs I'm not sure.

Narcissa's husband's name was Tyron.

Narcissa's husband's name was Tyron.

Yeah, I realized that on like my third playthrough. I facepalmed hard.

EDIT: So, uh, yeah, I just discovered what might be (arguably) the most important scene in The Grounds of Theolia. Pretty much, after the ??? area if you go up the ladder and then you go up and a bit to the left, you see this tiny little path (I don't know if this was there before the ??? place scene, but I found it just afterwards). The trick with this path though, is that at the top you see Anju (The girl that you saw trapped in Marianette's Mansion) and Neved walk together and form into Angie. So now we know that Neved and Anju's daughter is in fact Angie. I don't even know all the different family tree paths and character motivation random things this opens up or if people have found this before, but I am still preeetty proud of finding it >.>

(I attached a cropped image of the three parts of the scene. They're in the wrong order though, the actual order is first picture, then third, then second.)

Sidenote: Has anyone else seen this before? I feel like someone has to have, but I've mentioned the topic of Neved's daughter here and there and no one mentioned it to me. Also, that is Neved, right? My brain just kinda decided it's Neved for some reason, but I don't remember him looking like that.

post-56599-0-93447600-1458939958_thumb.png

Edited by BananananaK

• 2 months later...
  • Veterans

Tbh I think Crescent is MadameX cuz..

The fact that MadameX kills random Xen grunts whenever she's angry (said so at Blacksteeple Prison) And Crescent doesn't mind ending lives of random Xen grunts as well. Plus both of them have saved us at times.

And lastly, both want the prophecies bout the heroes of light and warriors of dark to be found so the world could get destroyed or something yada yada yada..

Also...

In one of the puzzles at Marianettes mansion you have to guess the false trait out of your group of friends. And the false trait for Ren was that he "doesn't value his friends" which means that he does value his friends. Which made me think that Ren probably didn't join team Xen by will since team Xen was the reason that Melia supposedly died and our group (Melia, Venam and Ren) despised team Xen.

Crescent maybe threatened him into joining team Xen (cause he ((I think)) is one of the warriors of darkness).

Threatened by for example causing harm to his family etc since we did meet his mom and sister and/or the protagonist and Venam.

• Global Mods

The fact that Ren values his friends makes me think as the shadow of betrayal he'll ultimately betray Team Xen instead of us. He doesn't seem to actually support what they're doing (he actually doesn't even have a clue what they're doing, going by the shadow Pokemon + Melia convo with Nastasia), he's just there because jealousy and pettiness.