+Great status inducer with sleep/poison powder and stun spore

+status move+irritation TM can do loads of damage

+can sometimes get the scumbag boost off of ancientpower

+regenerator can give it some quick and easy healing in a pinch

-can be really slow

-gets hit really hard by special moves

-no leftovers in game

Trevenant for B rank

+ Phantump is obtainable after 4th leader - you need a Gourmet Treat!- (as of version 7, night time only), which can be evolved as soon as you find a Link Heart

+ while Frisk and Natural Cure can help you out, Harvest is the best ability to go with...

+...since you can buy Sitrus Berries, so Trevenant is likely to live long

+ can cripple physical attackers with Will o' Wisp

+ also learns Leech Seed and Horn Leech (heart scale needed), both moves supply Trevenant with HP

- lackluster speed

- isn't all that bulky

- isn't that versatile

Edited by Zargerth

Trevenant for B rank

+ Phantump is obtainable after 4th leader - you need a Gourmet Treat!- (as of version 7, night time only), which can be evolved as soon as you find a Link Heart

+ while Frisk and Natural Cure can help you out, Harvest is the best ability to go with...

+...since you can buy Sitrus Berries, so Trevenant is likely to live long

+ can cripple physical attackers with Will o' Wisp

+ also learns Leech Seed and Horn Leech (heart scale needed), both moves supply Trevenant with HP

- lackluster speed

- isn't all that bulky

- isn't that versatile

May I add that you can use Phantom Force to maximize damage from Leech Seed, W-o-W and have more turns of harvest, enabling it to stall effectively. Paired with a great attack stat, Trevenant can do a lot of damage regardless.

Medicham for A Rank

+Obtainable after Gym 1 (in the cave before Sheridan)

+Learns High Jump Kick relatively early (level 28 as a Meditite)

+Good way to kill Audinos - High Jump Kick generally one shots them

+Pure Power enables it to 2-3HKO the v7 Kyogre, depending on EVs, IV, Nature etc.

+Is generally able to kill at least one thing per gym/boss battle

+Good coverage with elemental punches

+Detect for stalling/taking attacks in doubles

-Evolves somewhat late - requires to go over the level for Marianette

-Speed isn't too impressive

-Frail - Medicham is a glass cannon and generally can't take supereffective hits well.

-Physical Phychic STAB and Elemental Punches are only available through relearning

Pangoro:

pangoro2.gif

+Obtainable via Sheridan help center quest before the 2nd gym

+Counts as a traded Pokemon, the extra exp boost it gets helps make raising an entire team a bit easier

+Very high attack

+Decent bulk, usually enough to never get OHKO'd by non super effective moves

+Has two fantastic abilities in Scrappy and Iron Fist. (Recommend to get Scrappy for the early game, and change it to Iron Fist once it gets Hammer Arm)

+Very useful against Narcissa

+Utterly dominates Ren

+Has an ok movepool, some notable moves include: Body Slam, Work Up, Parting Shot, Crunch, Hammer Arm, and Poison Sweep

+Has a good offensive type combination

-Very slow

-Its movepool, while being ok is quite lacking until later in the game. Unless you give it the early heart scale move tutor to get Hammer Arm (which other Pokemon on a players team may make better use of), its best fighting type STAB is a choice between Arm Thrust, Karate Chop, and Stacking shot until you can start mining heart scales

-Completely useless in all of the Aelita fights

-Faces stiff competition from Medicham and Hitmonlee (Blaziken and Infernape too, I guess) as all three of them come quite early in the game, with Medicham coming slightly earlier, and Hitmonlee a bit later, and the only real things Pangoro has over them is slightly better overall bulk (Hitmonlee has better special bulk though) and boosted exp from trading

Edited by Personthing

@Personthing (B/c for some reason quoting is being a derp for me)

Where is Tyrogue, by the way? I've been looking for it for ages but the only leads I've gotten seem to be false

@Chubb

....Touche.

I swear I read through this entire topic right before posting this and never saw that message. Hm.

Edited by BananananaK

Where is Tyrogue, by the way? I've been looking for it for ages but the only leads I've gotten seem to be false

Unless its been changed, I'm pretty sure you can find it in the grass in Marianette's mansion

@Personthing (B/c for some reason quoting is being a derp for me)

It's located in the grass in Marianette's mansion. It seems to be the rarest encounter there.

Now then, another entry

Stoutland:

508.gif

Tier: B+

Pros:

+Available right after the first gym.

+Good stats all around, with an impressive attack stat, decent speed, and good overall bulk. Only real lacking stat is special attack, which is doesn't need.

+Joins the party at a very solid level 18 and only needs one level to evolve and get going. Second evolution is also pretty early at level 32.

+Has a good movepool, many of its useful moves come early, such as Take Down, Baby Doll Eyes, Work Up (Starts with), Crunch (Comes at level 24), Facade (immediately after Marianette's gym) and the elemental fangs (Move tutor).

+Has the bulk to set up Work Up on a good chunk of opponents.

+Has a fantastic ability in Intimidate, and Scrappy is also very useful against Narcissa as Crunch is weaker in her gym.

+Intimidate and Baby Doll Eyes allow Stoutland to cripple any physical threat. Did I mention that Baby Doll Eyes has +1 priority?

Cons:

-Fighting weakness makes Stoutland struggle to be useful against in the first Keta fight (Stountland can very easily set up on Hitmontop by spamming Baby Doll Eyes and then Work Up for a quick sweep in the second Keta battle, if Hawlucha has been dealt with) and in all of the Aelita fights for anything other than a quick Intimidate + Baby Doll Eyes combo.

-Take Down isn't the most reliable move, with having both recoil and a shaky 85% accuracy, and it's only other good STAB option is Facade with only 70 power before STAB unless it's hit with a burn, poison, or paralysis.

-Should you want the coverage that the elemental fangs provide, you have to rely on heart scales.

Note: All of my experience with this game is on intense mode, so my rankings are based on that.

Edited by Personthing

It's located in the grass in Marianette's mansion. It seems to be the rarest encounter there.

Damnit, I had heard that when I was there, but at that point that info I thought was only from V6 and would be outdated. I guess I was wrong. Rip.

Edited by BananananaK

• 3 weeks later...

casual bump

569MS.png(C or C+ Rank)

+ Available before Venam.

+ Decent bulk (which is nice on a Poison type) and Attack, along with a few offensive moves like Body Slam, Acid Spray, Gunk Shot, Explosion, and Rock Blast (Relearn). It also gets some cool supportive moves like Spikes (Breed), Rain Dance TM, Amnesia, and Curse (Breed), along with one other specific move...

+ The main reason you'd want to use a pile of trash like this, though, is the fact that it gets Toxic Spikes at level 7. This isn't useful for Venam (obviously) and Valarie (due to her Field), but for other fights, being able to toxic all non-Flying or non-Levitating Pokemon may be useful. Plus, this can be used along with another Pokemon that knows Venoshock or Hex to increase that move's power.

- Again, the only reason to use this rather than other Poison types is a very early Toxic Spikes. Muk and Crobat are better offensively, Weezing takes physical hits better, etc.

- Its offensive movepool is very lacking - Poison type moves, Normal type moves, and if you're willing to breed, Rock type moves.

I'm gonna try and do two since this looked really fun. Might not be that good though. Also, I just have a thing about being unsure what category to put things in, so the grades of these are a bit wide ranging.

442.png(*B+ to A+* Rank)

+Available right after Narcissa, if you talk to people in the Goldenleaf Area 300 times, or 500 for a shiny, and everyone likes shinies. Also the old lady in one of the houses only has like three words, making this very nice.

+Gets Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch to deal with it's awful speed, if you want to run it physical. Also gets LOADS of really good status moves if you need a support Pokemon.

+Gets various move combinations that do very well together (Hypnosis, nasty plot, ominous wind; Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Nightmare (breed), etc.)

+50/108/108 defenses are pretty stellar. Also decent attack stats for a total tank.

+Pretty great typing with only fairy weaknesses

+Good in most big boss battles and gym battles, as with Hypnosis and some save resetting it can cripple a battle very well.

-35 base speed is atrocious.

-Abilities aren't that great.

-The Dusclops tree fulfills a relatively similar purpose, yet is available before Narcissa, the gym that Spiritomb would probably shine most on.

-Even though it's after Narcissa, that really isn't that great. Most of the gym battles it would be a star in are at that point or earlier.

553.png (*Somewhere between B- and A+... I dunno I'm really bad at ranking Pokemon o.o* Rank)

+Moxie, Intimidate, and Anger Point are all very viable abilities to use.

-Available only after the Texen Battle in Corrupted Cave, which is extremely late in the game.

+Really good against Amber, the Dim. Rift Garbodor, and Erick, all battles that happen after you can get it.

+Generally good stat pool, with quite good 117 attack, 95/80/70 defenses not being too bad for a sweeper, and 92 speed.

-Though it does have 6 neutral types, 2 immunities, and 4 resists, it still has 6 weaknesses, all to relatively common types.

+Solid movepool of EQ, Outrage, Crunch, Sandstorm, Shadow Claw and Dig as a TM if you don't want to level it up, Aerial Ace for coverage, and Hone Claws and Bulk up for setting up. It can also get Beat Up, Fire Fang, and Thunder Fang as egg moves.

-A lot of it's good moves are available very late if you don't want to not evolve, though I suppose since you get it at a high level already and all of it's moves are available by the level cap at that point. However, it's non-level up moves are all quite good and it's missing most of them. *Cough* I swear to bajeebus Jan if you don't make more competitive team building options available in Grand Dream I'mma be really irritated >.> *Cough* (You can skip that last part if you want Lord Chespin :P)

I hope I did decently :P

• 3 weeks later...

I'll try to give two pokemon that plays an awesome role in my team.

224.png(A/A-) Ocritllery The Critmachine Elementalist

+ Solid typing with just two weakness
+ Usable offenses 105/105 with versatile moves it could go mixed
+ Both Sniper and Moody is usable, but i'm not too keen on RNG. But Sniper is the best hands down. 2.25x normal damage for crits instead of 1.5x
+ Available at amethyst mountain with surf/good rod
+ Can learn Ice Beam (hands down best gift for a water pokemon in fangames), Flamethrower (no kidding), Rock Blast (relearn), Bullet Seed (relearn), Signal Beam, Hydro Pump, HYPER BEAM, Charge Beam to increase your Sp.Attack (70% chance) and can get this from TM. Sludge Bomb/Wave for pesky fairy/grass (yeah this thing is going places).
+ Focus Energy + Crit inducing items + Sniper = 100% Crit with 2.25 multiplier on EVERY MOVES stated above. stronger than supereffective moves!
+ Countless Times OHKOed pokemon in gym battles

- 75/75/75 defenses, can't really tank hits.
- 45 speed, and it will mostly go last. Can be easily revenge killed.
- Once trick room TM is out, this thing will be a fucking monster. For now, you need to rely on porygon-z to learn trickroom then this strategy will be viable. Porygon is available very late around episode 7.

435.png( B+ ) Support Pokemon

+ Available very early (Gearen town grasses)
+ Focus Energy (lv 18) + Slash (lv 22) /Night Slash = 100% Crit
+ Status moves such as

• Poison Gas (lv 1)/Toxic (lv 38), helped me in dire situations. very useful in legendary battles, helped me to win gym battles countless times
  • Smokescreen (lv 14) to nerf super strong/legendary mons.

+ Suprisingly very diverse movepool :

• Flamethrower at level 34
  • Play Rough (breed from dedenne lv 42)
  • Utility moves such as Poison Spray to harshly lower Sp.Def legendary/signature pokemon from a gym leader, then switch to special sweeper to defeat it.

+ Aftermath ability
+ Solid Typing Poison/Dark only ground weakness
+ Memento/Explosion for last ditch effort

- Underwhelming defenses 103/67/61 just avoid ground moves at all costs.
- Mediocre 84 Speed
- 71 base sp.att is just terrible, which means, skuntank sludge bomb stab will only yield average damage. and skuntank doesn't learn physical poison type attacks such as cross poison to capitalize its attack stats.

Edited by jameslfc

• 2 weeks later...

another bump I guess, idk if thread is still active but whatever

178MS.png(B Rank)

+ Obtainable before Gym 2, Wild.
+ Has Magic Bounce, which is very helpful since it bounces back Statuses.
+ Decent Speed and Special Attack, along with a great supportive movepool: Tailwind, Air Slash, Confuse Ray, Wish, Psychic, Ominous Wind + Stored Power, Rain Dance TM, Feather Dance (Breed), Roost (Breed)
+ Specifically useful for Keta (Xatu is very nice if you overlevel it for Air Slash and Psychic and then lower its levels with Common Candies. It hits everything on his team really hard, basically), Crawli (Air Slash away), Amber (set up Tailwind and Rain Dance)

- Xatu's bulk is pretty mediocre, to be honest. 65/70/70 won't be living too many hits...
- Outclassed by other Psychic types and Flying types such as Gardevoir, Espeon, and Vivillon. Still, Xatu is a very nice early Pokemon, as Gardevoir and Espeon are late if not starters, and Vivillon requires it to be high leveled for its better moves.

- Narcissa, Angie, and Erick hurt Xatu a lot, especially with its mediocre Defenses.

Floatzel for B+ Rank

+ Available at Oceana Pier

+ Is one of the fastest Water-type Pokémon obtainable in-game

+ Learns some really good moves as it levels up

+ Swift Swim is a nice ability to have. The rain will increase its speed, which will make it hit harder

+ If you're looking for a Water-type on your team, Floatzel is the pokémon to have

- Can't really take hits

- Waterfall not obtainable yet

- One of its really strong moves, Aqua Tail, will miss a lot

ok sudowoodo for C+ rank

+Has a good base attack and defense stat.

+has access to sturdy a great ability if you want a setup lead.

+gets some great moves i.e Hammer arm,stone edge,rock slide,sucker punch,wood hammer,stealth rock,low kick,Flail(a situation move but works heavenly with sturdy)and Shift Gear(shadow move only but arguably one of the best setup moves in the game period)

+can get prior to 3rd gym as a bonsly and is easy to evolve with at lvl 15 learning mimic(use like 4 reverse candys).

-base speed and sp def are very bad with shift gear bringing its speed up to decently good at max.

-can not get one with both shift gear and stealth rock(only available via breeding).

ok sudowoodo for C+ rank

+Has a good base attack and defense stat.

+has access to sturdy a great ability if you want a setup lead.

+gets some great moves i.e Hammer arm,stone edge,rock slide,sucker punch,wood hammer,stealth rock,low kick,Flail(a situation move but works heavenly with sturdy)and Shift Gear(shadow move only but arguably one of the best setup moves in the game period)

+can get prior to 3rd gym as a bonsly and is easy to evolve with at lvl 15 learning mimic(use like 4 reverse candys).

-base speed and sp def are very bad with shift gear bringing its speed up to decently good at max.

-can not get one with both shift gear and stealth rock(only available via breeding).

Would also mention it gets rock head as an ability, so you can use wood hammer and double edge with no drawback.

• 2 weeks later...

169MS.pngCrobat (A/A+ Rank)

+ Obtainable as a Zubat right after 2nd Badge, but only as an one-time event Pokemon.
+ Evolving is not bound by level caps, as it's a happiness evolution. Grind Happiness and EVs together by fighting in the EV Training center.
+ Comes with an amazing 130 Base Speed that can outspeed powerful threats like Dimensional Rift Pokemon and Legendary Pokemon.
+ Learns Acrobatics at Level 35 (Or 31 as Zubat), right at the 3rd Gym level cap. It's an incredibly powerful STAB move that nets Crobat OHKOs and 2HKOs against many frail Pokemon.
+ Gets Zen Headbutt from breeding with Hoothoot/Noctowl. If you want it before 4th gym, you must raise a Hoothoot to level 37 first.
+ Gets Hypnosis from breeding with Noctowl, which is incredibly useful at shutting down a variety of threats, notably Dimensional Rifts Pokemon and Legendary Pokemon fights. It can turn the tide of the battle if it manages to score a Hypnosis that lasts more than 1 turn.
+ Gets Confuse Ray and Haze from level up to further extend Crobat's supporting prowess.
+ Rather bulky for a fast attacker (85/80/80 spread), capable of tanking STABless Thunderbolts (If it doesn't have a SpD lowering nature, it's a 2HKO.), and shutting down Fighting-Types completely with the quad resistance.
+ Performs extremely well against Narcissa, being the only Pokemon capable of outspeeding the Gengar at that point of the game...and OHKOing it with Acrobatics.
+ Sweeps Aelita, Rorrim B. and almost all of Crawli's Pokemon.
+ If you need a Rain Dance starter that's not named Politoed, Crobat's here for you. It's guaranteed to set up rain as it can easily outspeed the opponent.

- You have to beat a Kingdra boss and a Crobat gang in order to get Zubat. You also have to get Flash from gambling in the hotel first.
- Crobat will have to stick with Acrobatics and Poison Fang as its STAB moves until you get Heart Scales to relearn Cross Poison. X-Scissors TM come pretty late as well.
- Without enough Attack EVs, Crobat will miss out on important 2HKOs like against Angie's Froslass.
- Crobat's physical movepool lacks variety, making it easily walled by Rock-types.
- With Murkrow axed, Crobat can't get Nasty Plot. Along with the lack of good Special TMs at the moment, the specially offensive side of Crobat is rendered useless.
- Crobat's offensive abilities just can't keep up with the increasing difficulty. In late game, it will find itself unable to KO bulkier threats without landing a Hypnosis first.

Edited by IntSys

Golem for A- (so surprised this isnt on the list yet unless I missed it)

+Obtainable before Venam and is an excellent match for her

+Great level up movepool, learning good STABs like Magnitude and Rock Throw/Rollout very early and later gets EQ and Stone Edge naturally, as well as moves like Explosion and Rock Polish

+Sturdy + Explosion is good to get a hard suicide hit on single Pokemon bosses like Kyogre and the Dimensional Pokemon as well as against bad matchups where its otherwise useless

+Good physical stats

+Has useful resistances to Normal, Fire, Poison, Electric, Rock, and Flying.

+Evolves into Graveler early

-Needs a Linkstone to evolve into Golem

-Crippling weaknesses to Water and Grass, as well as Fighting and Ground

-Slow af

-Weak SDef

-Effectiveness becomes much more matchup based as the game goes on, but hey Sturdy is nice I guess.

I was hesistant to nominate it to A just because I had a good experience with it but I know it's better than some of the garbage in B+. A- is probably good for it. It lasted me the entire game up to v6.

Edited by LordWallace

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is still active, right?

Here are two reviews of some situational / interesting Pokemon I've tried in Rejuvenation, and that I haven't seen in the first post, Zebstrika and Scolipede!

The furthest I've got in this game is actually before Crawli, so there may be some details missing from these reviews - I may just add them as I keep playing.

Also, I'm not that good with the rankings :]

523MS.pngZebstrika for B- / C+

° Availability: near Gym 2 - wild encounter in Amethyst Grotto.

Review

+ Great speed (116 base stat) and nice offensive stats

+ Learns Thunder Wave early and can pull it off rather easily thanks to its speed, this way supporting slower teammates

+ Immune to either Electric-type attacks or Grass-type ones, thanks to its abilities. Lightningrod can also be rather useful in double battles

+ Evolves fairly early, at level 27

- Subpar defensive stats

- Average movepool, with very few options for coverage moves

- Is often outclassed by other Electric-types as an attacker, but is very good at paralyzing enemies.

Additional information

° Zebstrika and Misdreavus work very well together thanks to the first's Thunder wave and the latter's Hex. This is a strategy that is surprisingly effective against most of Narcissa's Pokemon.

° Zebstrika is also helpful against Valarie, and can be used also to nullify Lapras' and Lanturn's electric-type attacks (if it has Motor Drive or Lightningrod). Being a physical attacker, this pokemon is even more useful against her.

° Wild Charge, one of the most important moves that Zebstrika can learn, also causes recoil, and is learned at level 47.

° Magnezone can use Thunder Wave easily thanks to Sturdy and might outshine Zebstrika in this role, but it has completely different stats.

545MS.pngScolipede for B / B-

° Availability: after Gym 2 - wild encounter in Route 3

Review

+ Decent attack and great speed (112 base stat)

+ One of its abilities is Speed Boost

+ Can learn early Protect and Baton Pass, so that it can pass speed boosts to its teammates

+ Other useful moves include Toxic, Agility, Steamroller, and Poison Sweep (via TM102)

+ Can safely poison enemies with Toxic and, eventually, stall for some time with Protect

- It's not versatile, especially if played as a baton passer (two to three moves are status ones, and Scolipede needs them to fulfill its role). It can do one thing; at least it does it well!

- Average bulk. Certainly not a glass cannon, but not that resilient either. (60 / 89 / 69)

Additional information

° Scolipede can be outclassed by other Pokemon if played as a fast attacker - it's generally more useful as a baton passer

° Learns Megahorn only at level 65

° Generally, outspeeds Dexoy after one Speed Boost and can hurt it with a bug-type move. Basically eats Dexoy for breakfast :]

Edited by Cyaloom

• 4 weeks later...

Gothitelle for S Rank

+ Available in the mansion when you travel back in time. It is available as Gothita

+ It has very high defenses, so it can take hits

+ Learns Physics and some other great moves

- Takes a while to evolve

Houndoom for A+ Rank

+ Available in Gang Sidequest (Gearen City)

+ Has great moves that it learns such as Flamethrower

+ Has great speed

- Mega Evolution not available yet

- Can't take hits. It's really weak to Water and Fighting

Gothitelle for S Rank

+ Available in the mansion when you travel back in time. It is available as Gothita

+ It has very high defenses, so it can take hits

+ Learns Physics and some other great moves

- Takes a while to evolve

Houndoom for A+ Rank

+ Available in Gang Sidequest (Gearen City)

+ Has great moves that it learns such as Flamethrower

+ Has great speed

- Mega Evolution not available yet

- Can't take hits. It's really weak to Water and Fighting

yeah you may be giving them a bit of a to high ranking imo

for gothitelle about B

as

bad speed

without boost sp attk is average not so great to justify

movepool isnt that great and with limited tms its possible to completey wall it.

though it has good abilities with competitve and shadow tag arguably they are not as great ingame as they are competitively now and again they may find use but not most of the time.

houndoom i can somewhat agree but A+ may still be a bit high of it A may be more justifiable as 95 ist all that great speed and some boss battles can demolish it