Pirates and Parties

Amethyst

• Administrators
Ahoy mates, wenches, and ye whatnot in-between! We've got one o' those double-sided news posts comin' into port now, and given t' subject matter along with the fact that it's been some degree o' time since I last did one o' me silly dialect news posts, you get this in full TechnipirateSpeak.

First up in the galley tonight we've got t' risin' incidents o' piracy resurgin' around this here community. And while as a cap'n speakin' like this and all it'd do me no greater pleaaye than t' tip me cap t' ye and say let ye have yer merry treassurin', a line's got t' be drawn in the proverbial sand here.

So here we are: Henceforth, publicly askin' for or distributin' illegal files such as ROMs or cracked RPG Maker will be a warnable offense in the forum.

Now thar's a couple o' caveats t' this, so listen up, ye bilge rats. First up, linkin' the patches for ROMs be still ago, so if you want t' provide a link t' a fangame that uses a ROM, just link t' patch. Players can find the ROM elsewhere. Secondly, you'll note the key phrase o' 'publicly' thar. We won't be monitorin' what goes on behind closed PMs, so keep your shady business out o' the daylight and you'll be just grand.

With that ship sailed, let's move onto somethin' a bit more exhiliratin'. the staff crew recently got t' plannin', and after a hostile ta-- er, after some aggressive negotiatin', the old' hidden Nightclub room's been commandeered with new purpose. T' Nightclub channel on the server be now a voice-only channel for those most esteemed Ace members. Remember, like with the forum Nightclub itself, most rules will be more lax thar (for when you need t' talk about that booty, you know-- pirate booty, I mean), except for respect which be still prime. So keep your trousers tight or you'll be walkin' the plank on out outta the club.

That's about it for this week, so feel free t' check out the new room-- those o' ye o' high enough calibur for it anyhow-- stay clean, and keep sailin' steady.

• Upvote 9

More warnings and nightclubs? Neat! My favorite!

Also, just a recommendation. I don't know if you guys just haven't gotten to it yet, but perhaps add the anti-piracy warning to the rules somehow for people who won't see this post later on. Would probably be helpful for them.

Rule 8 Ame, you are only allowed to speak English not pirate :P

Those rules look pretty reasonable to me. Better that the risk of things going wrong is kept to a minimum.

Also I'll have to check out the nightclub at some point. It will be a mixture of fun and terrifying :D