[OOC] Pokemon: Luminous Dawn

Jory

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about that long wait. We'll have to discuss Azeria's availability with him.

When you challenge someone to a Pokemon battle, bold the terms and the person/people you are challenging.

To accept a challenge, bold your acceptance.

Yay easy mechanics!

Here are some teams:

Pokemon Trainer Jason Hooper (as of 12/27/16)

Team:

Rascal (Minccino, M)

Lvl: 15

1 Move Point

Exp: 7

Type: Normal

Ability: Skill Link

Moves:

-Pound

-Helping Hand

-Double Slap

-Swift (newest)

Gomez (Treecko, M)

Exp: 0

Type: Grass

Ability: Overgrow

Moves:

-Pound

-Leer

-Mega Drain (newest)

-Quick Attack

Bag:

Potion (x1)

Poke Ball (x5)

Repel (x1)

Badges: 0

Title: N/A

Pokemon Researcher Bianca

Team:

Diantha (Snivy, F)

Exp: 2

Type: Grass

Ability: Overgrow

Moves:

-Tackle

-Vine Whip

-Leaf Tornado (newest)

-Leech Seed

??? (???, M)

Lvl: ???

Exp: ???

Type: Fire / Fighting

Ability: ???

??? (???, F)

Type: Psychic

??? (???, M)

Type: Electric / Flying

??? (???, M)

Type: Bug / Steel

??? (???, F)

Type: Grass / Fighting

Bag:

-???

Badges: 16

Title: Researcher

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, might as well...

Trainer! Hugh Walters

THEME:

BAG:

Reg Items

Potion x3

Pokeball x5

Key Items
Xtransceiver x1

Star Pendant x1

Badges: 0

Title: Rival

Class: Pokemon Trainer

TEAM:

??? (Oshawott, M)

Lvl 14

Type: Water

Ability: Shell Armor

Moves:

-Fury Cutter

-Focus Energy

-Water Gun

-Razor Shell

This post will be used for any other major characters and recurring NPCs I directly control, by the way.

Mysteriosa! Marcela ???

THEME:

BAG:

Reg Items

-n/a

Key Items

-n/a

Badges: 16

Title: Iron Maiden

Class: Ronin

TEAM:

On Hand:

Nemo (Marowak*, M)

Lvl ???

Type: Ground

Ability: Battle Armor

Items:

Float Stone:

- A very light stone which reduces the weight of a Pokémon when held. It also increases their speed as a direct result.

Reaper Cloth:

- A cloth that appears darker than night. It is imbued with horrifyingly strong spiritual energy, striking fear into the hearts of the weak.

Moves:

-Bonerush

-???

-???

-???

???

Lvl ???

Type: Psychic/ Fighting

Ability: Justified

Moves:

???

Lvl ???

Type: Dark/ Steel

Ability: Pressure

Moves:

???

Lvl ???

Type: Water/ Steel

Ability: Torrent

Moves:

???

Lvl ???

Type: Steel/Ghost

Ability: Stance Change

Moves:

???

Lvl ???

Type: Steel/Flying

Ability: Keen Eye

Moves:

*-Marowaks have 160 base attack in this setting instead of 80; The bone club does not count as an actual held item because it is really more for the sake of aesthetics and design than anything else

In PC:

????

Mysterious Ranger! ???

THEME:

BAG:

Reg Items

-n/a

Key Items

-n/a

Badges: 15

Title: Ghost Ranger

Class: Ranger

TEAM:

On Hand:

Joker (Sableye, M)

Lvl ???

Type: Dark/Ghost

Ability: Keen Eye

Moves:

-Shadow Sneak

-???

-???

-???

???

Lvl ???

Type: Ghost

Ability: Pressure

Moves:

???

Lvl ???

Type:

Ability:

Moves:

???

Lvl ???

Type:

Ability:

Moves:

???

Lvl ???

Type:

Ability:

Moves:

???

Lvl ???

Type:

Ability:

Moves:

Poor Brendan. As soon as that Chimchar evolves he'll have a disadvantage against everyone...

I didn't expect people to pick so many starters though.

Poor Brendan. As soon as that Chimchar evolves he'll have a disadvantage against everyone...

I didn't expect people to pick so many starters though.

Well, at least he can still take solace in the fact that Gigalith is a solar powered, laser firing, mountain vaporizing, completely badass monstrosity...

And Hugh's starter was already preselected when we worked out who would be controlling which NPCs. I honestly kinda wanted to use his Manga team over his ingame BW2 one and give him a Trapinch as a starter though...eh, oh well...he'll probably still pick one up at some point down the line.

Though even if he did get Trapinch instead of Osahwot, yeah, you still would've been screwed over with the short end of the stick in terms of general type matchup...

it's kinda funny, until now I never realised that Roggenrola/Timburr kinda serve as parallels evolution wise.

Yep. This began in Gen1 with Golem and Gengar being nearly polar opposites.

On a separate note,

Your Pokedexes are more like Ash's. They can tell your character information about a Pokemon. Unless your character has been motivated toward Pokemon their whole lives, I'd recommend whipping out the Pokedex as a method of showing your character isn't a know-it-all. Keep in mind that I as host form judgments of your characters and guide them into situations that will provide adversity, so if your character is a know-it-all he's going to have to do increasingly obscure things and so on because a Pokemon Journey is about personal growth as well as just setting shit on fire. In other words, remember to leave room for growth. I can't explain how much I've changed since I turned 18, so remember that it's largely your experience that shapes your actions and opinions.

Double posting because it's important that this get bumped. In the Unova Region, each Badge you get determines what rank of Trainer you are. Adults usually use their profession as their title, so it's not uncommon to run into Hikers and Triathletes and that sort as well.

0- Amateur
1-Rookie
2-Novice
3-Intermediate
4-Rising Star
5-Hotshot
6-Shooting Star
7-Ace/Ace Trainer
8-Veteran
Has challenged the Elite Four: Professional (Pro)
1 Elite Four Token: Initiate
2 Elite Four Tokens: Disciple
3 Elite Four Tokens: Prefect
4 Elite Four Tokens: Expert
Has challenged the Champion: Challenger
1 Champion Token: Champion
4 Champion Tokens: Master

• Veterans

Oh, uh yeah. I was in the middle of putting up a reply at the moment but here;

Amateur Alia

Team

??? (Solosis, M)

Level: 5

EXP: 0

Ability: Magic Guard

Known moves: Psywave, Reflect, Rollout

Bag

Potion (2x)
XTransceiver

BTW, I'm not having hugh say those words simply because it happens to fit or to be philosophical or any of that crap. I suggest you all take them to heart...remember them, make them a part of yourself. Just like a soldier does the Rifleman's Creed.

Cause there are gonna be some tough-as-nails battles down this long road we're on... like legit, ya'll got no idea what the hell is in store...

So yeah... just remember them... M'kay?

Yeah, I kinda figured she wouldn't... just like I figured Nikki wouldn't care about the whole "Power of the Heart" thing in SoA

I'm just reminding everyone before we get very far along- just like Jory said, the journey is about growth...

It's not the destination that matters, it's the sights you saw, the events you experienced, the people you met and the things you learned as a result that do.

:ph34r: Things just got serious, and it seems like the predator may have an experience as to what it's like from the prey's frame of reference, just without the lethal and gory bits at the end.

By the way, I'd like to point out that your XTransceiver is essentially a PokeNav or Poketch. Take your pick, it's still super useful and a good way to check in with Bianca or Juniper if you're ever unsure of what to do.

It shouldn't. Both of you are new Trainers and neither of your Pokemon have battled before. Not every attack thrown should land and not every dodge should be successful. If the battle doesn't end by tomorrow night I'm going to call it a draw.

So now that Titan leveled up, are the EXP points 0 again? Or do I count from 5 and need to reach 10 before hitting level 7?

And I should be able to add Headbutt to his moveset right? Roggenrola learns it at level 10.

I'm pretty sure we're using the system similar to how the games format it; IE, the exp doesn't reset, it just takes more and more to hit the next level.

So for example, you're level ten and have 50 points from previous battles. You would need eight more points to reach level 11, bringing you to 58. 8 more points to get to lvl12, setting you at 64 points... and so on and so forth.

I could be wrong though, so don't quote me till jory can confirm.

It's really up to you how to calculate it, as translating it into total is fairly easy.

Just remember that extra EXP rolls over into the next level if you're closing out EXP to 0 after each level.

Yes, Chim, that's an excellent deduction. Go for it!

The XP gotten from a battle is determined by Rank, not outcome. This encourages you all to not godplay, as there is no harm in losing an exhibition match. No one ever learned anything from winning all the time.