[OOC] Pokemon: Luminous Dawn

Jory

Still waiting on that Update from Strat for Lara and Leonidas, but I'll get on posting what Jack's up to.

Also, this is the 100th Reply to this Topic.

Edited by K_H

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*In his most nerdy voice*

Um excuse me *fixes glasses* in the first paragraph of "The Den" there was a typo where it said Dingo instead of Ringo! Are we supposed to believe that *fixes glasses* Dingo is fighting the other pokemon AND kneeling at the Den at the same time!?

yes, Dingo is an immortal time lord with the ability to impose his presence in two different places simultaneously. The den is actually a Tartarus disguised as a massive oak tree

I've been noticing a few typos like that Myself. I know I sure as shit typed out Ringo and not Dingo. I'm suspecting that my Computer's autocorrect might have somehow gotten the idea I want it on or something... I'll have to put the damn thing back in it's place.

and the sarcasm is duely noted.

Edit: IT's been fixed now, along with a few others I noticed. I had to smash my chromebooks Kneecaps to get him to accept the message... but I think we've come to nice little... understanding now.

I used a drawing as a base and changed some stuff from it that I didn't like from the actual drawing.

I'll probably be adding to it as we go on if I ever decide what sort of cosmetic to give Apollo in the rp (I'm leaning towards giving him some sort of gloves) as well as any battle scars he gets along the way.

• Support Squad

ok, for future battles where we're facing a horde or multiple enemies can we please have some sort of counter as to how many there are?There are a lot of posts to go through, many of them are quite long and I don't want to trawl through them just to know if I can send Roy in to attack without muddling up each mons positioning or attack order. If we're doing stuff like this for Items and conversations, why not for battles?

I kept a constant monitor of how many patrats were active during the entire course of that fight. Infact, in the end I only ended up deploying 9 out of the 10 me and Jory had previously planned to make up the Squad. I had their exact moves, abilities, names, genders, and current scenes/ course of action written down as shown below:

PATRAT LIST PLD

Lt. Ringo- 0% Health
- got knocked out with a blow to the head.
Serg. Lingo- 0% Health
-KOd by ember
Capt. Bingo
- Ringo's direct superior, came on his own volition to monitor the situation because he felt something wasn't right when the gang failed to return. Has seized active command after seeing Ringo and Lingo's defeats. Ordered a retreat and got Tango to round up those still fighting.
Tango-95% Health
Fango-100% Health
Jango-100% health
Mango-45% Health
-Currently following Bingo's orders; Fleeing.
Dingo-60% Health
Singo-60% Health
- Currently isolated jacks team
Kango-48% Health
Yango-100% Health
- currently engaged against Brendan. Kango is on his back and dazed, Yango is using crunch on Titan to help him out.
Active Patrats: 4/10
Ringo- Crunch, Detect
Analytic
Lingo- Tackle, Detect
Keen Eye
Mango- Sand Attack, Tackle
Keen Eye
Tango- Hypnosis
Analytic
Dingo- Sand Attack
Run Away
Singo- Sand Attack
Run Away
Kango- ???
Analytic

Part of the problem however, is that people straight up kept jumping the gun in their posts and having a bunch more patrats pop up out of nowhere when there shouldn't have been anymore in the scene. This basically forced my hand and made me have to bring more patrats into action at a far faster rate than was immediately intended to. So I was too busy trying to iron out those kinks and make sure everyone was involved and engaged in the scene to bother thinking about inserting that list I maintained into the post-- I simply had more important things to focus on at the time such as monitoring health, judging whether a tactic was bullshit or justified, you get the picture. It slipped my mind.

But yes, I agree. From this point onward, there will always be a counter of how many enemies are actively engaged at the bottom of updates, so long as the actual number of total enemies present has been stated already for the scene's set up.

EDIT: Also, kudos to Chimchain in that last post. Your display of basic humanity even towards a foe has been noted.

To be honest I didn't expect Meena's attack would have such an impact. I wanted to do something similar to the Patrat that lost a tooth (which is why Brendan grabbed 2 Oran Berries) but I guess this also works to show Brendan's kind side. (He would call it sportsmanship though)

I'm not sure if the proper response to this is "goddamnit, Meena" or "god damn, Meena." Maybe a bit of both...?

Well honestly, it was more of a combination of both her ferocity and the fact she landed on him with all her weight thanks to that pounce she did to get over the bushes.

so yeah. Probably a bit of both would be appropiate

i'm gonna wait till the next update to have Alecks go through the brambles to join the others.

By the way, just wondering but will we all be taking part in the Boss Hog boss battle we're having in the near future? Or will it just be one or two of us that face him while the others go off to do something else?

i'm gonna wait till the next update to have Alecks go through the brambles to join the others.

By the way, just wondering but will we all be taking part in the Boss Hog boss battle we're having in the near future? Or will it just be one or two of us that face him while the others go off to do something else?

If just one or two of you try to face him and his officers on your own, I absolutely guarantee you'll get wrecked. Hard. VERY hard.

So yes. It will be a full on group battle, just like the last one.