Burger Preferences

Hexagoen

Burgers are a lifestyle. Burgers define who you are. Burgers are the Shrek of food. So, i want to know. what is your preference of a burger, and what sides and drink do you like with it?

I like my burger meat done medium-well, with a nice toasted garlicky bun. I top my burger with the usual (lettuce, tomato, onion etc) a nice peppered bacon smoked in apple wood, with fried onions, sauteed with seasoning onions, and literally any variation of onion. yum.

The side of such a perfection of a burger shall be the obvious. crisp, clean, savory, russet potato fries. Seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, and basil for that nice kick in flavor. The dip should always be Heinz tomato ketchup, and should never ever be a question.

My preferred choice of a drink to accompany such a beast of a meal, is a nice, rich, iced tea. like with the ketchup, this is never a question of a drink. Iced tea is love, iced tea is life.

--

So that's that! what do you like for a burger? what sides? tell me below :D

YAS 1000 POSTS BB!!!!!!!!!

Burgers are the only food I eat ketchup with.

I don't like a bunch of stuff on mine.

I like a soft bun, like you find in Mc Donalds,

The meat doesn't even matter to me.

Patties, chunky beef burgers, all good,

interestingly, I like to put small amounts of Jacob's Cream Crackers in my burgers as it makes them crunchy..

It's a Jamie Oliver recipe.

I like to eat fries with my burgers.

as for fries, they must be skinny cut, salt, no sauce.

Typically, I don't order burgers when eating out somewhere because they'll give me onions/ghurkins/mustard, that kinda thing which I don't want.

I literally just like the bun, the meat and the ketchup.

Melted cheese is nice on it too though,

I sometimes go for that.

I also like to toast my burger bun in the toaster.

Not all the time, but sometimes.

Burgers are one of my favorite meals.

Congrats on 1000 posts :D

For me burgers can vary. As long as they're nice I'm happy. Bacon makes everything better though. So bacon is a big bonus.

Pretty much :D

For sides I'd pretty some sort of potatoes, like wedges or fries, I really don't mind if it's really well done like the burger~

Does it not have Ketchup((also known as the most vile substance on earth.))? Fine by me.

Really though if it's a really classy burger((a.k.a not fast food is my definition for that.)), I prefer a niiiiiiice Medium Rare. Like I don't want it still kicking, but I'm not fond of it being leather either. Maybe a bit of onion, and the sort. I don't mind mushroom either, goes nicely with swiss cheese. It's really that so long as the things that go on it gel I'm not too picky. Sides? Look, not really picky there either. I kinda prefer Steak Fries though.

I like my burger cooked medium to medium well. On my burger, I would have a toasty bun. On it, I would put bbq sauce, caramelized onions, smoked bacon, and onion rings and for my side, I like it with onion rings or sweet potato fries. I mean, I love bbq and onion rings, so yeah!

Edited by Cool Girl

Ah, a most glorious topic.

For me, A soft bun is key, though I'm not fussed about what bread is used provided its soft.

I enjoy sauce oozing everywhere. Forget being fancy, a great burger should be an absolute mess that you can soak up the remains with from using your chips. Softer, large chips are best for this.

Sauces...Hmm its hard to say what should and shouldn't be there. As long as it compliments the meat overall. Most places I go usually have some sort of secret sauce, or otherwise tomato sauce and mustard. One I've eaten contained soy, sweet chilli and chipotle all in the same burger (an interesting mix, was nice though)

Patties should be thick and juicy. Those 10:1 patties from McDonalds should only every be considering after a raging bender of booze when you get to 3am and you realise how hungry you are and you're desperate enough for them. I prefer my meat done somewhere between medium rare to well done, mostly because I never liked the look of how the patties came out of the grill at McDonalds.

I reveal my true heathen nature when it comes to what you can shove into a burger. If it fits, I eats. I will happily mix and match meats, though rarely combining beef and chicken. Bacon with either one is mandatory. Cheese should be in a ratio of 2 cheese slices to one piece of red meat, or 1 if using chicken breast. Salad should be minimal. Pickles are a must. In true bogan Aussie fashion, pineapple is acceptable. Egg should be fried and placed upon the burger with emphasis on surface area as opposed to being cooked in a ring like some fast food stores do.

The burger however should be able to be clasped with both hands and eaten without a knife and fork at the end of its creation. Flattening it to do so is acceptable, especially if it oozes.

Milkshakes are best with burgers, though some sort of soft drink and/or beer I consider to be great additions.

Overall, the thing I like about burgers is that for the outlandish or super-sized creations, there is an incredible triumph in finishing one of those, even if it involves curling up in bed afterwards because of a food coma or your stomach being in pain.

• Global Mods

I'm not really particular with most kinds of foods. The type of bun doesn't matter to me. I don't know what "rare", "medium rare", "well done" etc. mean. I eat them with cheese and ketchup usually. Onions, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and bacon are good too. I get fries as a side.

The thing about hamburgers to me - and this comes at the risk of sounding perhaps a bit strange - is that I enjoy them like I would viewing art at a museum. This means that it's very hard to come up with a "preference" as I usually go for trying to taste what the grillmaster is trying to convey instead. This also means that it's very hard to "incorrectly" serve a hamburger so much as it is easy to serve one that may not "satisfy" as much as other burgers I've eaten.

As for an attempt though, I'll go ahead and try.

I don't want bread that is too thick. The most important of the burger isn't the buns. Those are essential for holding everything together - but when you bite into it, you should be tasting the other components of the hamburger more than you should be tasting bread. I -tend- to like mine toasted, as it adds a nice crunch, however.

I grew up in a household that was very particular about eliminating any pink you find in the burger. Burgers are slightly different than Steaks - too much pink means that your hamburger is not completely done - so I do go ahead and order my hamburger "Well Done" if I am trying a new place. I'm not too picky about the way the meat is cooked so long as it isn't undercooked. Going over is usually fine with me. - As for burger joints I already approve of, I will go ahead and say "Medium Well" for a bit more juice.

Sauces are usually left up to the chef if it's a special burger - but down here we have this thing called "Chilli" - which is absolutely amazing on just about everything. Mustard is my preferred spread on most burgers though. I -do- like Spicy Mayo, which is odd because I usually don't go for the mayo at all.

Pickles and Jalapenos are about the extent of any "green" items I would put on my burger if crafting it exactly to my specifications. Lettuce is seemingly tasteless and is usually contrasting in temperature to the rest of the burger - and while they do provide a crisp - it's just not very good taste-wise for me.

Cold onions have the same problem - but I can enjoy a good helping of fried onion strings. More "hot" components on the burger isn't really a bad thing.

For whatever reason, I can't bring myself to like tomatoes. I think they are just too big and too cold to make the burger work.

ANY CHEESE. YES PLEASE. American. Pepper Jack, SHARP Cheddar. NACHO. It's ALL good.

Sometimes I like bacon, and sometimes I don't. It depends on the establishment.

---

I guess that means my preferred burger would be a Chilli Cheeseburger with Mustard, Pickles, Fried Onion strings, and Jalapenos cooked well done and held together on a toasty bun. - although I do like things like spicy mayo, avocado, and A1/BBQ sauce depending on what I order.

Is there anything -else- you would want to eat with a good burger other than fries? I guess I can specify. A -good- contrast to a very meaty and spicy hamburger like the one I would get if I had everything to work with - is sweet potato fries. It does have that sweet potato taste - but it's not as bad because you also taste the oil it's fried in. Try thinking of what the offspring of Thanksgiving yams and your favorite french fry would taste like - and "good" sweet potato fries would come pretty darn close.

I prefer burgers with ketchup. Sometimes I like eating burgers with the seeds on them. I WANTED to try Burger King's Halloween whoppers once, but I never got to. When I actually wanted to, they weren't making any anymore. (This was when I was still trying to get my job back because they stopped giving me hours AND put my name off the schedule. Talk about bullshit, am I right?)