Promotions, Donations, Aces and more!

Amethyst

• Administrators

So I have a few things this week! Let's start out with a couple small notes:

Please remember that all server rules also apply to the forum! We expect similar behavior of you in both places, and although until recently the forums have been quite enough that we haven't had to really get on any one's case, that doesn't mean this is a free-for-all zone. There are also some additional rules specifically for the forum, standard to most website. For instance:

• Don't make a post if it doesn't contribute anything to the topic. Making a post to say "i agree" or just to post an image contributes nothing! Find something real to say~
  • Double posting (twice in a row) is discouraged! If you have something new to add, just edit your previous post. This helps keep it clean! An exception to this rule is if you're adding substantial new content. For instance, a new drawing in your art thread. That'll bump the topic, since there's something new to see~
  • On topic necromancy: Many servers discourage posting in topics that are older than ___. Reborn's policy on this is that if you have something new to add, and if the discussion is still relevant, date shouldn't matter. On the other hand, if those things are not true, please refrain.
  • Please observe quality standards we have in place for Set contributions and RMT responses. Those posts pay higher amounts of $R than others, and if we spam posts just for the point of accumulating $R, we will not only delete them but dock you of the illegitimate points (and maybe a few more...). For most of you this won't be a problem; just make sure your posts are worth their space~

Next up, due to the continued excess of them floating around still, the price of Retry Tokens has been increased to $R 1500. Boo. :c On the other hand, there's a new reliable way to get lots of $R. More on that later.

With the recent influx of traffic... ...again... we've had to hire some extra help for keeping tabs over the crowds of people around Reborn now, both night and day. Consequently, we have a few promotions! Firstly, Eternal Edge is joining the ranks of the admins, and although he's currently out of town, this has already been cleared with him, and he is ready to ban some trolls~

Additionally, for the late-night/euro crowd, we've had to temp-auth some people, namely Cyrus and Phoenix multiple times to cover the graveyard shift. Rather than constantly temping/retemping, etc, both of them are joining the staff, and will be helping to keep everything under control at any and perhaps all hours.

...Personally I just hope they find time to sleep, too. >>

Anyway, as I hope most of you realise, running a site is expensive! Nyu is great to take care of hosting the server (though I'm sure that's not cheap either, and I would like to pay him at least a little bit back someday... However, for now, the site's renewal fees are coming up. I put ads on the site (ads much cooler than google's, may I say. Anyone see those Gyarados hats the other week? >>) to help, but that has earned us exactly.. $6.45. No, clicking won't help, it's based on time and traffic. It costs around $150 to run the site for a year... And while I can throw it on a credit card if I need, understandably, I'd rather not.

So! Reborn is accepting donations! What I've done is put a donation link at the bottom of the main site. It's through PayPal, so you know it's safe, secure, and none of your info is going to get stolen. If you have a card, you can donate, you don't need an account on PayPal or anything. I don't expect you all to pay for the site, but seriously, anything helps (oh god I'm a homeless person).

However, I am not so unfair as to expect something for nothing! I will be rewarding members' donations at a rate of $R 1000 per $1 USD, with a bonus of $R1000 for every 5 dollar block donated at once. So $5 gets you $R 6000, $10 gets $R 12,000, and so on~ But that's not all! Donating members also automatically receive Ace Member status!

...What? Ace Member? What's that?

For noteworthy or otherwise special, elite or generally awesome members of Reborn, a new Member Group has been created: The Ace Member. In most ways, the Ace Member is identical to the member- it's not like forum auth. However, Ace Members have a number of little benefits, such as much less restriction on their forum activity. Many limits imposed on normal members are doubled/quintupled/completely-removed for Ace Members. Perhaps most notably, Ace Members have access to a secret forum, the Reborn Nightclub, exclusive only for staff and Ace Members~ As time goes on there, might even be more Ace-exclusive content. Who knows~

Now you're wondering, how do I attain this all glorious status?! Well, let me tell you- there are a few ways. The following people will earn Ace Status automatically:

• Former Staff
  • Reborn League Champions
  • Donating Members

For everyone else, there's Mastercard a Shop Item to promote yourself. It currently costs $R 3000, and is available under the Personalise Your Account section.

More coming soon~

Oooh..

Aaah...

there, my constructive post for the day.

Anywhoooo...~!

Awesome, I like this. I'd like to say congrats to a well-deserving Eternal Edge for being promoted<3~ Along with that, the Ace Trainer status is surely something to look up to! I'll be getting some money very soon so I expect to donate to the site!

Thanks for this, Ameeee~

Also I'm going to donate to Rime because he's just so cute <3