Winter/Spring Anime Season 2015

Felicity

pv for aot knock-off to come out this spring season DAT OP SO HYPE

i dont even need subs to tell those lines are god damn generic af. not surprising since its guilty crown's director xdxd.

girl: - weak die strong liv

- if u my enemy i kil u

- am kawai in dis dark fantasy scenario :3

mc: - omg this is insane and unfair i must fight the monsters and MINA WO MAMORU

girl: - wow u not normal... u are not like the rest

- be my partner (:

mc: - ok

more wait till aot s2. egoist op still hype so np.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

ITS ALL IN THE RED EYES!

Erased spoilers

OKOKOK fo anyone actually watching it, in the last episode as Satoru is about to attack/dispose of Kayo's mother HIS EYES ARE FUCKING RED, they specifically use a close up so you can see his face at the time

Like the murderer in the present with glasses and red eyes HUH, is it going to be like Stein;s Gate where Satoru must go and set the stage for events to unfold as they have so far?

"Preposterous!" I hear you cry! It seems impossible, his current self is about to be incarcerated and revival is not a physical form of time travel but one of consciousness, or so we think.

I offer you a counterpoint. A far fetched one perhaps but one all the same.

What if, perhaps, Satoru can put his consciousness in the body of someone else as well? Someone else we see who has red eyes, a very distinctive trait in the series? See whilst some people were flabbergasted about Satoru having red eyes, hey may not have noticed during a more subtle close up that the teacher also has red eyes. So, if he went into the teachers body in the present and then set up the events that cause the first revival...ehhhhhhh?

A flimsy connection, but a connection nonetheless!

I'm so hooked right now

EDIT: Proof f teachers eyes, seeing as it's hard to tell in most of the show

mEfrocH.jpg

I heard about Erased as a time travel, butterfly effect anime.

Tbh, I hate time travel BS and the necessarily unnecessary BS that goes with it. That makes me not want to watch it at all. Can anyone persuade me differently?

Anybody else watch or read Gate?

I read the manga online and from what I read and watched, they skipped the whole unnecessary arc about women zombies and the minotaur. Which make me extremely happy. It was a terribly boring arc to read and it was a stupid sidetrack from the actual political action in the capital after the emperor was poisoned. How do you all feel about it?

• Support Squad

Watch Erased for the murder mystery, not the time shenanigans. It's incredibly compelling and the time travel is actually pretty light. The MC isn't hopping around all the time, he's only made important leaps 3 times in the series so far and instead of worrying about the butterfly effect the story focuses on the C actively trying to invoke it using his knowledge of the future, which is kinda different and half the reason I like it.

NGL, I dropped Gate mid season, I had no reason to pick it up again :P

• Administrators

It's Wes' favorite this season if that means anything to you; I've fallen grossly behind on everything except the stuff I intended to watch at first so I can't tell you about it myself.

Anyone seen Dimension W? Dub is coming to Toonami next week to take Akame Ga Kill's previously held time slot. Is it any good? Checked the preview. It's by the same people as Darker than Black, and it has a load of familiar voice actors.

I'll vouch for it. It's a solid series. Seeing as you like DtB, I think you'll like Dimension W.

Time to repost that gif of Kyouma dancing.

oOxvvzj.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'll vouch for it. It's a solid series. Seeing as you like DtB, I think you'll like Dimension W.

Time to repost that gif of Kyouma dancing.

oOxvvzj.gif

I'm watching it too, it's an okay series, nothing special but fun to watch.

Best series is clearly Boku dake ga Inai Machi IMO

Also pretty disappointed by Ajin, not because of the art style (well also because of it) but it's just not as exciting as I had hoped, maybe the hypre ruined it for me.

I dropped it within two episodes. Did not really get into it. Heck, I dropped Boku Dake ga Inai Machi only because the manga is way ahead and I guess almost done so yea. The only series that I'm looking forwarded to each week is Durarara x2 Ketsu only because things are picking up once more. Otherwise, I'm just stuck with watching series like Dagashi Kashi, Musaigen no Phantom World, DragonBall Super, Fairy Tail Zero, and One Piece til the next season starts.

Speaking of the next season, I guess for those who haven't checked it out yet, here's a video with some of the anime airing for the Spring Season.

Based off of this video, I'm only gonna watch Sousei no Onmyouji (please don't ruin Studio Pierrot it as the manga is actually good), Magi - Sinbad No Bouken (this has updated in such a weird manner lol), Boku no Hero Academia, the Ace Attorney Anime, and Jojo: Diamond is Unbreakable.

I've gotta say, Erased started out as far and above the best anime I've seen this season, but the farther Grimgar goes, the more and more I like it. I love the pacing, the world, the characters, the art style, and just how the writer ties it all together. It's at least tied with Erased as the best for me now.

• Support Squad

Grimgar and Erased are my big things right now. Dropped DW real quick, didn't catch me much. Maybe if there's a point where I've got nothing to do I'll pick it up again.

Only watching Erased and Ass Class season 2. At the moment, Ass Class is episodic af comparing to the first season, I'm at least hoping they don't screw up the next few episodes, cause it should get good from now on. Erased is pure fucking greatness. I love the cinematography/animation, it's like Shinsekai Yori art-style with a good budget. The pace is also so god damn perfect comparing to other similar time travel shows. Not too slow like Steins;Gate, neither too fast like Madoka. I stopped watching Ajin cause I ended up just watching the movie, which was pretty nice. Will likely pick it up later once I feel like it. Might also pick up Dimension W, Gundam IBO and Heavy Object at some point.

Dropped phantom world, grimgar, divine gate, dagashi kashi, prince of stride, bubuki buranki and shouwa genroku cause they were all boring and bad.

Ah, somehow I forgot to mention AssClass lol. Unfortunately with the manga ending, the anime is gonna adapt the manga ending so it may end up feeling rushed :L

The AssClass anime is going to adapt to the ending of the manga? All 200 chapters...Isn't that a bit much for 40 episodes?

TEACH EVEN HAS A SHIT TON OF CANDY FOR THE KIDDIES, I DON'T TRUST THAT FUCKER, NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY MAKE HIM SEEM LIKE A FATHER FIGURE

I'm pretty torn as to whether or not it's the teacher right now. Explanation for the teacher/theorizing on my alternative killer suspect incoming.

So to me, the teacher seems like a likely candidate for a number of reasons that have been mentioned already. We know the killer has red eyes, as seen at these times:

tDTYNH0.jpg

m2qRKzw.jpg

The teacher also has red eyes, as shown in his infamous eye shot mentioned by Dobby.

tP7EN4p.jpg

However, I do want to point out the difference in color. While both are red, the killer in the present has eyes of a much more vibrant red compared to the teacher, as seen in the pictures I linked above. Of course, some eye saturating could have simply been done for dramatic effect of the killer. The artists do go out of their way to give us this eye shot of the teacher. However, the vibrant red of the present day killer's eyes is the same color as the red of Satoru's eyes turn in this scene:

EdT41XA.jpg

Dobby's already mentioned Satoru's eyes here, but I agree that it's probably important. There's a noticeable difference in the bright red of Satoru/the killer's eyes and the dull brownish red of the teacher's. I can't really expand on this at all though, as there isn't much evidence as to what it could mean yet.

Besides eye color, we also know that the killer had three (known) victims: Hinazuki, Hiromi, and Aya Nakanishi. When Satoru meets with the reporter in the present, they also theorize that the same killer was responsible for the abduction murders in another nearby town. Concerning the 3 known victims, the teacher would know all three of them, as two are in his class and the third goes to the elementary school next door. However, I do think it's a bit weird that, assuming he is the culprit, he would start in the next town over rather than the town where he teaches. It could be that it was safer that way and brings less attention to him, but it seems a bit strange. Why would he take victims there at all, then?

Anyway, the police apparently believed that the killer mistook Hiromi for a girl, so they compiled a list of suspects who weren't associated with Hiromi and therefore wouldn't have known he wasn't female. Satoru thinks otherwise, believing that the killer did know Hiromi and killed him to lead the police off his trail. This piece of evidence highly suggests the teacher, as he would definitely know Hiromi's real gender and be acquainted with his feminine appearance and actions(?) in order to use them to lead police astray. This is assuming that Satoru's thought process is correct, which I think we're supposed to believe it is. We also have the candy scene from the most recent episode giving more evidence towards the teacher.

The one piece of evidence that doesn't directly point to the teacher is the pizza shop schedule. Satoru and Airi conclude that the culprit (who also went after Airi) must have been somebody who could get behind the counter and look at the pizza shop schedule to see when Airi got off work. I don't really see any reason why a schoolteacher would have clearance for that, though it's possible he somehow snuck behind for a glance. This leads me into my next train of thought: the other likely culprit.

In episode 5, the pizza shop manager meets with a man called Mr. Nishizono. Airi also mentions him when they're under the bridge thinking of potential suspects, as he was somebody the manger respected and somebody who could have seen the schedule behind the counter. Here's a picture of what we get to see of him.

ZK0CnuH.jpg

Mr. Nishizono is somebody who is introduced as a suspect in episode 5 and then never mentioned again. It's really easy to forget about him and focus on the teacher, which I'm beginning to think is what the author might want us to do. Perhaps he's presented so much seemingly obvious evidence towards the teacher (Red eyes, candy scene, etc.) to lead us astray from the real suspect? But at the same time, he presents the teacher as a nice guy, so he isn't super obviously leading us towards him. It could also be the case that the seemingly obvious information (which I'm about to get into) that points to Nishizono being the killer is only presented to lead us astray from the teacher. It could go either way, hence why I'm torn on the matter. Still, there are some other important points about Mr. Nishizono. He's a member of the city council and wasn't listed on the list of subject in the police report. We can infer from this that he might have been somebody who knew Hiromi's gender (And also could have killed Hiromi to distract the police), as those people weren't included on the list. There's no evidence to say that he even knew Hiromi at all, but I think it's something to keep in mind. Another important scene to note is when Airi interrupts the meeting between the manager and Nishizono. Nishizono takes notice of her, and when she leaves, he walks out the door and stares at her as she walks away, all while ominous music plays. This is right before her house is burned down. It's important to note that throughout all of the scenes containing Nishizono, we never see his face or eyes, meaning that he could very well have the bright red eyes and face of the killer. His hairstyle is also strikingly similar to the killer's. Compare these pictures:

Nishizono

ZK0CnuH.jpg

Killer

UBNfz2u.jpg

3tgp6PF.jpg

The back tufts of hair are pretty much identical, and neither of them have any visible bangs in front. Both of them also wear pretty much identical glasses. The teacher, on the other hand, has bangs, hair that hangs down the sides, and does not wear glasses in any of the scenes we see him in. Granted, it's been many years since the scenes we see the teacher in and many things could have changed, but I think this is important. However, Nishizono's skin tone seems to be slightly different than the killer's, as seen when comparing the images below:

ZK0CnuH.jpg

3H4TjFP.jpg

(The bottom picture there also really reminds me of the teacher, even though most other glimpses of the killer don't.)

Nishizono looks a bit paler than the killer, though the skin tone difference could easily be chalked up to lightning. There are images where the killer looks much paler than he does in that one. I also want to point out the suit Nishizono wears and the suit the killer wears. They're EXACTLY the same. Grey suit, sleeve buttons in the same place (I accidentally cropped them in this picture of the killer, but I assure you, they're there), and a white shirt underneath. In the scenes with Nishizono, we also see him wearing a greenish tie. It's hard to tell what color the killer's tie is in that picture, but it looks like it could be the same green.

That's pretty much my hypothesis for Nishizono. Honestly, looking at things now, Nishizono seems the most likely to me by logic, but I have a feeling it'll turn out to be the teacher anyway, or perhaps even both of them working together. (I really hope not though. I like the teacher and reeeeally don't want it to be him, despite how things look like they might turn out.)

On a "still Erased but unrelated to the killer" note, can I point out how weird this image of the teacher's desk is? (No plot spoilers in this one, just a picture and some non-spoiler text.)

0fNvUbo.jpg

Like seriously. He has a hamster wheel, but no hamster. It just sits there. Why?!

• Support Squad

I think the business man was meant to be the one who misleads you but it's possible

and for the teachers eyes before I was kinda banking on dramatic lighting lol. It's one of the two I'm sure.

I think the business man was meant to be the one who misleads you but it's possible

and for the teachers eyes before I was kinda banking on dramatic lighting lol. It's one of the two I'm sure.

It does seem a bit obvious for a mystery anime to just present Nishizono, have both Satoru and Airi consider him a suspect, and then have it turn out to be him. I have a feeling it probably will turn out to be the teacher just because plot twist and emotions and whatnot, but I think I'll be a bit disappointed if that's how it turns out. I feel like it's being presented a bit too obviously in either case. Still, it's been great so far and I'm interested in seeing how things resolve. I'm also curious how the future will change, assuming everybody does get saved.

TEACH EVEN HAS A SHIT TON OF CANDY FOR THE KIDDIES, I DON'T TRUST THAT FUCKER, NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY MAKE HIM SEEM LIKE A FATHER FIGURE

I would've let that scene go like I did when Satoru asked Yuki about Hinazuki and he started going nervous, but then I remembered how the killer gave the little girl ice cream in the original timeline. Also,

plot twist it was the mom all along. Or Satoru himself.

dat mom is so yokai she can even kill her future self disguised as a man, this theory is good. No wonder Satoru inherited a time travelling ability. Jokes aside, Satoru is the only other possible killer I can think of, mostly cause of a single frame around minute 0:55 of the opening. Otherwise I don't know, cause the other possible killers are way too obvious or there isn't enough evidence to prove they're the killer yet.

inb4 it was bully loli all along

• Veterans

ERASED SPOILERS BUT

"average person drives 3 cars into the water a year" factoid actualy (sic) just statistical error. average person drives 0 cars into the water per year. Gaku Yashiro, who lives in cave & drives 10,000 cars into the water a day, is an outlier adn should not have been counted