Winter/Spring Anime Season 2015

Felicity

I mean Subaru was throwing up, which makes me think poison. If we assume the first reset in the mansion was caused by Subaru dying in his sleep by poison, or choking on his own vomit, we gotta figure it has to be Rem. I think Rem is actually the one who does everything, right? Including cooking.

Then there's the sounds of armour we heard clanking through the hallway. For that, I unno, a part of me thinks that's just like an enchanted piece of armour set to guard the house and kill intruders, which they saw Subaru as considering he was a new face. The maids might all have "forgotten" to make arrangements to prevent late night death. The fabulous guy, his name eludes me, is a real strong mage after all and has reason to zealously guard his property. Hell, he is constantly manipulating space just to protect his books, as well as having a guardian with them most of the time. He's also a bit of a creeper what with having his maids sit on his lap in the middle of the night and seeing his staff as his property.

For the change in routine, I think that was just Rem and Ram spiting him when he tried to push them along with that stuff rather than letting them get on with it.

It is interesting that Rem seems to have an inferiority complex. Maybe Ram is just the master's favourite and she gets shut out all the time.

I honestly feel like Rem and Ram are the red herrings and that it's something external…

There was only one thing that actually happened in both timelines (well, two if you count Subaru cutting himself with the knife): Subaru's visit to the city. Plus, there's the fact that there was that scene of Subaru looking at the dog bite before those affects happened. I'm starting to think that the dog is rabid or something and that killed him in his sleep the first time while this death is an amalgamation of the poison and something external entirely...

Edited by Hiss13

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Would rabies manifest symptoms that quickly tho? Like, I get it's a show and isn't necessary bound to actual rules, especially when magic is a thang, but i dunno.

Would rabies manifest symptoms that quickly tho? Like, I get it's a show and isn't necessary bound to actual rules, especially when magic is a thang, but i dunno.

Rabies was just something I threw out there. Perhaps that dog ate something toxic to humans and it finally took visible effect on Subaru after that amount of time. Though, you've brought up the main problem in our theorizing: magic is a thing and we don't have a set of rules that we can use to rule out magic. This isn't a typical mystery where I can invoke Knox's 2nd and rule out the supernatural.

• Support Squad

Digging Tokyo Ghoul. It's similar to Parasyte but with mannerisms more akin to Darker than Black, more my style.

Just ignore the fandom and you'll be gooooold

TG is the poster child for every special emo snowflake out there.

Also Kabaneri is aight. It essentially condensed the first part of AoTs plot into 4 episodes. Just with less actual winning and more acceptance for the kabaneri, kinda. Probably good.

I've pretty much dropped Twin star exorcists and Bungou stray dogs right now. The shows are aight but when I get home on the day I'm sat there and I just don't want to watch them.

Re:Zero is my fave so far. The ending of each episode does the job of a cliffhanger and makes me want to watch more, simple. The fluff is also done to juuuust the right degree that it doesn't take away from the show for me.

Kiznaiver, ehhhhhhhhh? It's Trigger for sure. Just without much crazyness so far. It's probably just building up anyay.

CALLED IT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

She may be the assailant, but I don't think she has anything to do with him feeling weakness.

It's either an external mana drain, poisonous dog bite, or a cursed dog…or perhaps the dog can do a mana drain…that would be stupid.

I'm certain that dog bite has to do with it, given the visual focus we had on it before the moment of weakness in the previous episode.

She may be the assailant, but I don't think she has anything to do with him feeling weakness.

It's either an external mana drain, poisonous dog bite, or a cursed dog…or perhaps the dog can do a mana drain…that would be stupid.

I'm certain that dog bite has to do with it, given the visual focus we had on it before the moment of weakness in the previous episode.

I agree that it had to do with the dog bite, since he didn't show much of a sign of being sick this time. Could've also been food poisoning, considering he didn't eat anything during the evening.

That red/blue ogre scene was so good too.

Edited by Gore

• 1 month later...

Boku no hero started off really slow. If anybody plans on watching it, skip ahead to episode 3. You won't miss out on anything. They waste a lot of time recapping just about everything at the beginning of every episode.

It's another one of those pathetic-main-protagonist-with-nothing-going-for-him animes. In a world full of random powers called Quirks... this guy was born without one. But he wants to be a hero, just like his idol, All Might. All Might's power is basically the same as the 100 man power from Tiger and Bunny. All Might chooses protag to inherit his powers, especially since a major battle wound means he can use it himself for less and less time each day (another idea more or less taken from Tiger and Bunny.) Obvious test is obvious (ala hunterxhunter style), he goes to the top school for training people to become heroes. Protag is useless a lot, the rival is basically a very angry Gary Oak. His power training makes me think of hitman reborn, and all the dramatic power scaling shit is basically gurren lagann style.

Idk, the vast majority of things in this anime just aren't very original, even where they aren't blatant ripoffs. Episodes are full of long, overly dramatic filler, constantly flashing back to the exact same scenes of protag being helpless all the time. The OP and ED are actually pretty boring. The action is actually few and far between, but they do come up with interesting ways to employ certain powers at times. As far as story goes, there is hardly anything that you don't see coming from a mile away.

I'd give it a 5/10.