Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef

Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

- Stealth Rock

- Crunch

- Fire Blast

- Ice Beam

The ABSOLUTE crux of this team. The team depends on sandstorm to cover their specially defensive side. The point of this guy is to set up rocks and do as much damage as possible before dying. Usually deals with common entry hazard setters such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Donphan

Carracosta (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Solid Rock

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Shell Smash

- Aqua Jet

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

This may seem like the star of the team, but its not. After a Shell Smash Carracosta is able to kill of many dangerous speedy threats to my this team such as Terrakion, Landorus

and heavily dents pokemon that don't resists its stab moves

Regirock @ Leftovers

Trait: Clear Body

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Curse

- Drain Punch

- Stone Edge

- Fire Punch

The star of the offense and main sweeper on this team. Sporting an immense 200 base defense and 100 base HP and Spdef, not to mention the sandstorm boost, Regirock is meant to sit there and take several attack all while using curse to take even less damage and eventually recover lost HP with Drain Punch. Other moves are mainly there for coverage, Stone Edge hitting pesky flying types such as Dragonite, and Fire Punch decimating priority threats like Scizor

Shuckle (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Power Split

- Toxic

- Earthquake

- Venoshock

The star of the defenses on this team. The odd move known as Power Split takes your opponents Attack and Special Attack and the users, halves the total and disperses each half to each pokemon. With Shuckle's pathetic attacking stats, this move is almost guaranteed to half your opponents attacking stats dramatically hindering their performance all while making it even harder to take down Shuckle while it Toxic stalls. Venoshock is used for extra damage to toxiced opponents while Earthquake slowly wittle's down some key threats such as Heatran

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Suction Cups

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Curse

- Seed Bomb

- Recover

- Rock Slide

Back up to Regirock, Cradily's main advantage over Regirock is its neutrality to water type attacks, making it the primary destroyer of bulky water annoyances like Vaporeon and Jellicent.

Terrakion @ Choice Band

Trait: Justified

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

- X-Scissor

- Sacred Sword

Sporting a base 129 Attack, 108 speed, and a nice dual STAB, Terrakion is literally the fastest and most powerful pokemon on this team unboosted. Although usually meant to clean up the team that Regirock weakened, with a Choice Band, Terrakion is able to combat many defensive threats such as Bronzong and even Gliscor that Regirock wishes it could.

Any suggestions or advice?

Actually, Allen, Suction Cups are better because things like Hippowdon and Skarmory can't phaze it out after setting up, therefore rendering Storm Drain the less useful of the two abilities.

Solid team, that I can see. I might be missing something.

Thing is, you don't have anything to stop the standard rain team from coming in, bending you over, and calling you "Sally". Caracosta is only neutral to water, and so is Cradily. You need Storm Drain there. Secondly, why Sacred Sword on Terrakion? He doesn't have the special stat for that..

You could try putting Storm Drain on cradily to handle water attacks, and use something like probopass to trap and kill skarmory. Alternatively, use a lunatone/solrock and use Magic Coat to bounce the skarmory/hippowdon around.

Thing is, you don't have anything to stop the standard rain team from coming in, bending you over, and calling you "Sally". Caracosta is only neutral to water, and so is Cradily. You need Storm Drain there. Secondly, why Sacred Sword on Terrakion? He doesn't have the special stat for that..

Im still working on the problems with rain teams being as how I have to preserve Tyranitar rather than let is loose. As for Cradily, for some odd reason the teambuilder does not allow Storm Drain with that moveset. If I were to go Storm Drain, then I'd have to go a more defensive without curse, and Cradily's attacking stats are not exactly the best in the world. And Sacred Sword is a physical move, Im confused about your question about the special stat. o_o

Use a special attack cradily with Storm Drain - would help you against physical tanks like quagsire or hippowdon.

I've tried that several times aaaand it didn'r really work out. Cradily's base 81 SpAtk leaves me at the mercy of many pokemon such as Heatran and Dragonite as set up fodder. Besides, with 1-2 curses, nethier hippowdon or quagsire wants to take several seed bombs while not being able to scratch cradily while I can just recover off all their damage.

• Administrators

Quagsire doesn't care how many Curses you have. In any case, exactly what move about that is illegal with Storm Drain? I would say even if you don't use the Sp.Atk boost, a water immunity is better than a water not-immunity, especially on a team like this.

Quagsire doesn't care how many Curses you have.

But quagsire's physical defense outweighs its special defense in most cases, so Energy Ball would chip through it faster than Seed Bomb would, given Unaware as a common factor :)

Actually, Allen, Suction Cups are better because things like Hippowdon and Skarmory can't phaze it out after setting up, therefore rendering Storm Drain the less useful of the two abilities.

Nice spelling bro.

spirder-man-that-post-gave-me-cancer.jpg

hmmm.. put Earthquake over Sacred Sword on Terrakion.

Honestly, I don't see how that Shuckle is effective. Sure, you got the idea down that Power Split makes it Attack sky-high, but you overlooked one factor; it is very slow. After Power Trick, since Shuckle's base Attack is so low, it's defenses will be stupidly low and it will almost never have enough speed to go first next turn, so it will be disposed of quickly.

Yes I know it has Sturdy but you will most likely be using it up on the turn you Power Trick.

Maybe a more defensive Shuckle could do?

hmmm.. put Earthquake over Sacred Sword on Terrakion.

Honestly, I don't see how that Shuckle is effective. Sure, you got the idea down that Power Split makes it Attack sky-high, but you overlooked one factor; it is very slow. After Power Trick, since Shuckle's base Attack is so low, it's defenses will be stupidly low and it will almost never have enough speed to go first next turn, so it will be disposed of quickly.

Yes I know it has Sturdy but you will most likely be using it up on the turn you Power Trick.

Maybe a more defensive Shuckle could do?

1.Um it is a defensive shuckle, I think you might be mixing up Power Trick and Power Split

2.This isnt meant to be a wall unless the opponenet is toxiced, it just provides Regirock a safer switch into something like Scizor's Bullet Punch

3. Sacred Sword says no to Baton Pass teams

4. Earthquake on Shuckle is meant for me to not be set up fodder for something like Infernape after I Power Split, while Venoshock helps me rack up faster damage and more pressure on annoying walls

5.This is in no way meant to sweep anything, just meant to be an annoyance

Lots of Pokemon weak to ground. why not fit in Aerodactyl somewhere in there?

I tried, but it gets screwed by every almost every priority in the game. In my opinion Aerodactyl doesn't have the raw power that I need to muscle past physical walls the same way that Terrakion can

Edited by DonnyLamson

• 3 weeks later...