Idea: Fakes mega ?

TheGoat

One of the ideas i came up with would have been to implement fake megas in reborn.

Indeed, some megas are missing in the original games: starters, raichu, etc ...
I know that this idea would take a lot of time for developers to implement, but perhaps the forum could attend as he had done for shinies: Determine what might be added, find an interesting design on the web (and ask permission its author to use) or create it, and then deal with stats and sprites.
What do you think ?
273514_2545907250.png
Edited by TheGoat

It could be nice, but Ame already stated that she wanted to keep Reborn as close to the main series as possible. Currently, the only new things is the candies and the Pokesnax. I don't think that she'll ever decide to put fake mons/megas in the game.

In case you haven't actually played the game, Reborn actually has "fake" Mega Evolutions.

Specifically, every single PULSE-Pokémon is a Mega Evolution by itself.

Open spoiler at own risk if you haven't completed the game yet.

So that's.. PULSE Tangrowth, Muk, Abra, Avalugg, Swalot, Camerupt (was hooked up to one but it got destroyed, so Camerupt was a potential PULSE-mon), Magneton/Magnezone (due to failed experiment, the Magneton evolved but the radiation affected three people near the PULSE machine) and I believe I've missed one or two I can't think of from the top of my head.

Trying to keep Reborn as unique as possible is already difficult, let's try not to make it worse.

So that's.. PULSE Tangrowth, Muk, Abra, Avalugg, Swalot, Camerupt (was hooked up to one but it got destroyed, so Camerupt was a potential PULSE-mon), Magneton/Magnezone (due to failed experiment, the Magneton evolved but the radiation affected three people near the PULSE machine) and I believe I've missed one or two I can't think of from the top of my head.

The player is told there is another PULSE hooked up in Calcenon and one in Labradorra, if I remember correctly. The two are

PULSE Mr. Mime and Clawitzer

Well i meant megas useable by the player, that would not be necessarly part of the plot.

Fact of the matter is, we don't have the Mega Ring and I doubt we'll be getting it anytime soon.

Also, the Mega starters in your first post aren't just simply artwork, they're actually Pokémon used in Insurgence. Which brings me to the next comment;

Copying their concepts isn't really making Reborn unique. If Ame so wishes, she could possibly implement something else that could use a Mega and make a custom -ite stone for it, I guess.

I really don't see this happening- especially the part about the community doing them. In the shines project all they had to do was look good where as this would require them to be balanced and have suitable stats and all sorts of other issues.

I also think that fake megas are just wrong for Reborn. We have PULSE pokemon as bosses to battle but the point of the game is working with what you've got with real pokemon. We probably aren't going to get a lot of current megas until the post game so I don't see us getting brand new ones.

I see a different problem when it comes to fake megas. Picture this:

> Ame introduces, I don't know... Mega Porygon-Z

> It looks cool

> Gen 7 appears

>Official Mega Porygon-Z

>Ame dies for a few hours

> Re-work

All I can say is that, once Reborn is over, it will become an "open project". Which means that it's possible someone that understand how coding works, could introduce fake megas, and we could have them.

But right now? lmao no way gg

Oh look, another "Insurgence-idea-that-should-be-used-in-Reborn" thread!

Game Freak is probably going to eventually release canon Megas for the Johto starters anyway.

I see a different problem when it comes to fake megas. Picture this:

> Ame introduces, I don't know... Mega Porygon-Z

> It looks cool

> Gen 7 appears

>Official Mega Porygon-Z

>Ame dies for a few hours

> Re-work

All I can say is that, once Reborn is over, it will become an "open project". Which means that it's possible someone that understand how coding works, could introduce fake megas, and we could have them.

But right now? lmao no way gg

In that anecdote, I imagine that both Megas would be implemented, but the Mega Stone for the fanmade one would be renamed to "Porygonzite R" or something (with the "R" obviously standing for "Reborn.")

With all that said, yeah, fanmade Megas ain't happening.

Edited by Foamy

I thought Zeta/Omicron also had fake megas, but I'm not exactly sure. My game file crashed somewhere on a mountain closely before a main confrontation and couldn't be restored...
Reborn indeed tries to give the player the same assets as in normal pokemon games. It would be very difficult for balancing and tactics if fake megas (besides the PULSEs) would pop up/be available.