Street Fighter

DiLimiter

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Surprise! Balrog's coming out THIS WEEK with the Story Mode update - and he's bringing his Las Vegas stage from Street Fighter II with him!

But that's not all... Juri's lookin' mighty fine!

26_balrogscreen01.jpg

And after a 17 year long hiatus, so is our favorite naked fighte -- ...wait a second.

26_balrogscreen02.jpg

...Oh well. If Urien's iconic banana hammock couldn't return, at least his equally iconic Aegis Reflector still kicks ass at juggling.

urienmayif.gif

Why couldn't they have made all the characters look this good...I mean, I love that Alex made it into this game and I was so excited for his initial announcement. But my God, does he look like booty.

Probably just gonna chalk it up to them having more time to work on the characters scheduled for later releases, but the difference in quality between Alex, Juri, and Urien are just astounding.

Personally, I don't mind new Alex.

Looking like a piece of run-down trash is part of his theme in this game anyway

So I should probably rephrase what I said in a better way.

Design-wise, Alex looks like he should: a very muscular and trashy wrestling All-American type-o'-guy. It fits his character and actually compliments him well enough.

However, there's quite a huge difference between being made to look trashy and the quality of the model looking trashy. Nothing about the model looks appealing and some it initially felt clunky at first when I was getting used to Alex.

I'm expecting some higher quality looking models and animations as the game's life cycle goes on, especially for DLC characters that would be released later and later in the year. All I'm hoping is that we see some slight improvements on the models already in the game and that all future DLC characters past this first set of six will all have the same high quality look.

The suit looks nice but Urien has the body of a god, we better get classic manservice Urien back.

Watch his V-Trigger just have him tear his clothes off, no special effects that buff him, just him ripping his clothes off

So I finally got around to buying this game last Tuesday. I've been meaning to try to get into a more traditional fighting game for a while now, Melee being the only "fighting-ish" game that I've actually spent time learning competitively (though I have spent a good amount of time in Tekken games). Street Fighter's going to be my starting point, as I like a lot of the characters and also feel like it'll build a solid foundation for nearly any other fighting game, simply because of its more barebones nature. Hopefully it'll get me a bit better at the genre by the time Tekken 7 comes out.

Anyway, at first I was clueless as hell, getting whooped around every single match with no idea what I was doing wrong. So then I took a break, watched a lot of Cross Counter TV's videos over the past couple days, and started trying to build things from the ground up. And I have to say, it helped waaaaay more than I expected. I've gone from losing every game to rapidly winning ranked games against other people around my level. Granted, I'm still in the Bronze tiers and get beaten around by a lot of the higher tier players in casual games, but I've been making solid progress up the ranks now, and actually feel like I'm learning something.

I originally started on Vega, who was my favorite character in SF2 from when I played as a kid, but later switched to Ryu for a while (as suggested by many people over the internet) in order to better learn the fundamental gameplay of Street Fighter. I played him for most of the time I've had the game until I felt I had at least a decent idea of what I should and shouldn't be doing, and now I've moved back to Vega for the time being. Vega's been a whole lot more fun after my time with Ryu learning the basics, and I can say with confidence that he'll likely stay as my main. Juri looks pretty cool as well though, so I might pick her up after she's released and I'm actually solidly competent with my main. Anyway, that's been Flux's SFV adventure so far. We're still a scrub, but we're making progress. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know too much about Guile's English VA, but Chun's does a ton of work. She is Rise in Persona 4 and Lucina in Fire Emblem Awakening.

I don't know too much about Guile's English VA, but Chun's does a ton of work. She is Rise in Persona 4 and Lucina in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Yeah, Travis Willingham does his voice. He's nowhere near as popular as his wife in the industry, but he's a damn good VA with a respectable amount of work done.

• 2 weeks later...

Went up around 600 rating and got myself into Ultra Bronze tonight. Next stop is Silver! (I think)

We're making progress...

I've also noticed that I play a suuuuper read-based game. Which is probably bad, because I still feel like there are some fundamental things I have yet to learn, but I'm not entirely sure what they are. I do feel like I'm relying a bit too heavily on reads though, rather than going for safe guard pressure. My reads have been working out though, so I guess I'll keep it up for the time being.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯