• Trafalgar Law
    • Scratchmen Apoo
    • Killer
    • Jewelry Bonney
    • Capone Bege
    • Roronoa Zoro
    • Urouge

• Global Mods

Favorite Straw Hat is Brook. I like pretty much everything about him. I like that he's a musician skeleton, I like that he has an afro, I like his techniques in general (the ice sword and being able to separate his soul from his body), and I like his skull jokes. Oh, I also like that he's connected to Laboon.

From the previous poll, my favorite Marine is Fujitora, for a scene I'll put in spoilers because I don't watch the anime and I doubt it's as far as this scene:

When he tells Akainu that he should stuff his face in his pocket if he's so concerned about saving his face, and that trust broken by admitting a mistake isn't trust.

Bruh I just want Oda to stop teasing with this Sanji shit. I need to know what happened! Or rather, how it went down as it's clear Big Mom is involved with Sanji's disappearance. I also can't wait for his past to be cleared up. I'm pretty sure he was a prince.

Now with manga spoilers and speculation out of the way I want to talk about the strongest strawhat. In my personal opinion, even though Luffy is the captain I like to believe Zoro is the strongest. Especially now that he has Haki. I doubt we'd ever get a legit Luffy vs Zoro showdown to prove anything though. At the very least I think they're about even in strength, but I lean towards Zoro being a bit stronger. Side note: We need Zoro vs Mihawk Round 2 badly :(

Zoro is the most anticlimactic character in the series. You know he is never going to lose, especially when you do not even see him shed blood, after a skirmish all around the country he is supposed to be saving. Luffy is directed at a complete opposite. He goofs around and puts himself in dangerous situations, which he could avoid just by using his devil fruit or haki abilities.

Now that we see a new world in the form of awakening devil fruits, it's hard to imagine normal humans stand a chance against that sort of thing. In my opinion, it was redundant, because it puts the df users in a higher position. I mean, Oda nerfed them by introducing Haki, but now he's making them OP af.

• Global Mods

I find it interesting that before the timeskip Zoro was handicapped and/or bleeding more blood than the human body has in almost all of his fights, but I don't think he's been hit even once after the timeskip so far. He got stunned a few chapters ago, but he hasn't been actually challenged since Thriller Bark. He's the only one who even got out of Dressrosa unscathed.

I'm not at the actual episode yet (that means I didn't see it mentioned in its debut-episode), but what I've heard from in this thread, it sounds more like there's a condition to it like with the Nen User in HunterxHunter.

That you have to get into a certain state of mind or offer something in return.

Maybe this got a time limit depending on situation or person, but that is speculative.

What gives credibility to this theory is imo the fact, that df user lose power when in contact with water or something "similar" (like the seastone).

Yes he did. Aparently Zoan get increased vitality and regeneration, while Paramecia get the ability to interact with their surroundings in a way that makes them gain properties of the fruit the user has eaten. I suppose that Pika also had a form of awakening, because otherwise his fruit had no "awakening potential".

That said, what happens in the case of Logia? Do they also get connected to their environment the way DD did with strings?

If i'm remembering right, someone in the anime said that when Ace arrived in a certain city during his quest to kill Blackbeard, the weather suddenly changed and became more "warm".

Dunno if this is a coincidence but i think this is a sign of Awakening, so probably Logia users have the power to modify weather conditions in relation to their fruit.

Also, a similar effect is said to be happened during the battle between Aokiji and Akainu on Punk Hazard, so this could really be one of the features of the Awakened Logias.

Obv, there's a lot more but for what we have seen so far we can't tell what we're gonna see in the next chapters.

I don't really buy it for Ace, because he is a pirate who had shown no hints of even using his Haki, bar the mere incident in the Grey Terminal. Therefore, I do not believe he sought more power in one form or another, thus granting him his wish for awakening his devil fruit.

It is shown that certain Logia users have more capabilities than others, like Aokiji freezing whole tsunami waves, while still away from both of them, or the sea below him, but no mention of "elevated power" was made at the point. One can only assume awakening is involved, but at the same time, it could just be their immense training of the fruits, since they displayed powers of just a higher caliber than what common logias do (eg Caribou). At the same time, you see DD, who did something unthinkable by just using his Paramecia fruit; turn the environment into the fruit's properties. I agree that the weather is something normally not changable by normal people or even DF users, but is it not a weak boost for a class of fruit considered to be the strongest?

Speak for yourself. I'll be in my mid 30s when it does.

Has anyone see the awesomeness of Capone Bege in the last chapter? Sure it makes you hate the guy and gain respect on a certain other, but this person is more or less a fiend! Also, another reveal for Sanji, that everyone wanted.

Don't worry guys, we can always ask our grandkids if Luffy ever finds the one piece and finally become the pirate king.

But yeah, Capone is a cold blood mf and it's Sanji's time to shine on the spotlight. Looking forward both of the anime and manga. As for the topic, I've voted for Kid, he's ruthless and his DF ability is sick af.

• 4 weeks later...