• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm

Dragonair
Haunter
Kadabra
Metapod (but only if it evolve from a caterpie you catch)
And Chameleon, just see charmander, that baby crying shit, and now see what it become, a motherfucking badass firebreath lizard

Do this is a what you like or what you think is a good pokemon? couse i know less than jon snow of the pokemon meta e.e

Edited by cosca

I love so many middles, they tend to keep the childlike cuteness of their first form but provide a brief glimpse of the (usually) awesome final form they will have. There are exceptions to that like Dragonair to Dragonite of course but I can't really think of many like that.

Luxio is one of my favorites, a Shinx was the first Pokemon I caught (though Chimpchar was my first Pokemon) and when she evolved I realized just how amazing her final form would be.

Metang also pretty cool to me, along with Lairon. Both of which I think fit my first sentence of being in the kind of awkward teen stage.

The middle stages for the starters also have nice designs, in fact for the original three I thought the middle had the best design out of their evolution chain.

My favorite middle would have to be Grovyle.I loveloveLOVE Grovyle, and in Emerald I refused to evolve mine because I didn't want to those that sleek nature ninja like air about him.

chansey, mainly because its a beast in the meta compared to its mother blissey

this

I don't even consider Chansey a middle evo. It's more like it's own pokémon. Go away Blissey.

Also, Weavile and Gyarados have no middle evolutions, so there's that.

I'm left with Lampent (Which is p OP), Grotle and Doublade~

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite middle Pokemon: Togetic. I love Togetic's design, but I am not a fan of Togekiss. I don't really like almost any of the "correction evolutions" that were added in gen 4.

Wartortle is a big one too, I don't like how Squirrel gets the large, cloud-like tail and pointy ears only to lose them as Blastoise in exchange for inorganic cannons. I kinda wish they went with a "Wisetoise" or something that emphasized the old wise turtle concept that I feel like Wartortle was setting up. I generally like the middle evolutions for most of the starter pokemon too... Ivysaur, Quilava, Croconaw, Grovyle, Marshtomp, Combusken, Monferno, Pignite, Dewott, Braxien, and Frogadier are all better than their final evolutions, in my opinion.

Also Flaaffy and Dragonair...

Edited by ty_taurus

• 5 weeks later...

I wanted to do that post for a long time.

ivysaur.pngcharmeleon.pngwartortle.png

-Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Wartorlte: I think these three stages are in a great place, they're not chibis anymore, they're not too much either like the final forms. Ivysaur is the friskiest -saur, Charmeleon has the one small horn on the head I really like, the great body shape and the best colour used in the Char- line, and Wartortle combines the best colour with the best accessories out of the turtles, the fluffy tail and the winged ears, with bonus points for being so feisty

bayleef.pngquilava.pngcroconaw.png

-Bayleef, Quilava, Croconaw: Bay is the only decent thing that came out of that line. Quilava is frisky and I like the slick quadrapetal design with the two fires, and Croconaw is a greatly styled cartoonish savage. Very nicely done again.

dragonair.png

-Dragonair. Cute, majestic, adorable, in the beautiful sapphire blue, with the little horn and pearl and the wings on the sides of its head and the eyes and and and ...just incredible.

haunter.png

-Haunter. Amazing, creepy, creepier and ghostlier than Gengar, incredible shape and spikes.

electabuzz.pngmagmar.pngrhydon.pngmagneton.png

-Faux middle stages: Electabuzz and Magmar are great, classical, iconic, and they own their lines. Rhydon and Magneton. Rhydon is bossier than boss and is also Giovanni's ace and Magneton is the kind of its line too. Gen4 effed things up but they still owe the line. All these things have the design magnitude of final forms and poor Gen4 still makes them look better than their descendants.

marshtomp.pngmonferno.png

-Marshtomp and Monferno: these things look nice.

kadabra.png

-Kadabra: another distinct middle stage, introducing the spoon, brandishing the great angry look and the incredibly fat yet pointy tail.

sliggoo.png

-Sliggoo: easily the pinacle of its unfortunate line.

nidorino.pngnidorina.png

-Nidorino, Nidorina: again, classic, distinct, fuller than stage 1, lighter than stage 3, a great in-between stop for these lines. It's like adolescents, with their bodies still evolving and the differences between genders starting to be more and more distinct.

poliwhirl.pngweepinbell.pngpidgeotto.png

EDIT: Geez I forgot Poli! Pokemon Adventures! Iconic spiral, gloves, the right size, and a great companion in a great journey!

And EDIT2: Weepinbell, which I always liked way way way way much more than Victreebell.

...and yes, EDIT3: Pidgeotto for me owned its line too, being slicker than -ot, also with a longer name. Mega Jeesus flipped the table, but it's a honorable mention.

With sprites to look even better

Edited by Odybld
  • Upvote 1

Pikachu: I know a lot of people don't like Pikachu, but personally I've always liked the concept of the Light Ball. IMO, I'd say it's actually better than Raichu (though neither are incredibly useful).

Doublade: I like Honedge's entire line, but Doublade stands out for me because it can reach an insanely high defense stat with Eviolite.

Haunter: While Gengar is obviously more competitively viable, I just like haunter's design more. Gengar just looks too...fat.

Seadra: I like Seadra's "spikier" look compared to Kingdra; it makes it look more threatening.

Dragonair is cute and elegant has a nice slick design, the only thing I dislike about their evolutionary line is Dragonite because as it may still look kinda cute, it loses all value for not sticking as a snake! xD

Gabite is another one I like because it looks cool and is very powerful, I find it does its job very well with being powerful and cool, that is one landshark thing you don't wanna fuck with!

(They both also have a nice movepool!)

• 2 weeks later...

Kirlia, because it´s cute.

Metang, because it looks kickass.

Same goes for Grovyle, which I almost like as much as Metagross.

Dragonair is somewhere between cute and badass and I actually wished Dragonite was more worm-like too ~

I also dig Magneton, even though it is only Magnemite times three. I find myself using it quite a few times ^^

I kinda like the whole sewaddle-family, so also love Swadloon ~

Whirlipede is also pretty cool, I guess I like it like all Pokémon of its evolution-family.

Doublade, because swords.

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur