What is/are your favourite inanimate object based pokemon?

TimTim

Favourite Inanimate object pokemon  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What is/are your favourite inanimate object pokemon?

• Klefki
    • Trubbish/Garbodor
    • Voltorb/Electrode
    • Koffing/Weezing
    • Klink/Klang/Klinklang
    • Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure
    • Swirlix/Slurpuff
    • Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe
    • Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash
    • Grimer/Muk
    • Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith
    • Porygons family
    • Baltoy/Claydol
    • Unown
    • Castform
    • Cryogonal
    • Bronzor/Bronzong
    • Drifloon/Drifblim
    • Chingling/Chimecho
    • Shuppet/Banette

As title indicates, i would like to know your favourite inanimate object pokemon, my personal favourite are Chandelure and Klinklang(never knew it was powerful until Reborn, Shift Gear-Gear Grind)

Edit:Totally forgot about our ice cream and sword friends, added~

Edit2:Added more that slip my mind(those guys didnt occur to me at the times when i came out with this post, my apologies:P), courtesy of Plague Knight for reminding me~

which reminds me of Cryogonal the snowflake also being my favourite special wall, Garbodor also helps me a lot during my Rejuv first run(gladly hug Mr Bigglesworth, dont mind my spelling if it is wrong XD)

P.S this is a multiple choices, so dont afraid to choose more than one~

Edited by TimTim

Missing Chimecho and Chingling ((based on a type of Wind Chime, while the prevo is based on a Suzu bell something used at Shinto Shrines.)),

Grimer and Muk if counting Weezing since they are also based on pollution.

Bronzong and Bronzor, with Bronzer being based on Bronze Mirrors, and Bronzong being based on a particular type of bell said to bring good harvest in Japan. ((there's also a myth that they are both believed to be a reference to but I'd rather not hash out that whole thing.))

Also missing the dreaded Ice Cream line with Vanilluxe and it's prevos.

Cryogonal is also one as it's based on Snowflakes and possibly Mirrors.

All the Porygons do as well imo as they are representations of computer programs and how they can evolve or... become bugged and chaotic in the case of Porygon-Z. The bird like shape really isn't... a part of their design it just happens to be there. Prygon oringnal doesn't look like anything but a mess of polygons, Porygon 2 shows what can be done when tech is better and able to shape graphics while as mentioned before Z is what happens when a virus gets introduced.

Unown are like... based on language and letters ((though I can understand why you skipped those guys lol.))

Castform is also similar in idea to the Teru Teru Bōzu as they are dolls used to wish for weather and usually... have their heads cut off to symbolize the the wish for good weather. ((this is why Castform is in the Body Shape group of mons consisting of only a head.)) Castform is a pretty dead ringer to be a reference to this.

Baltoy and it's evo Claydoll are based on Dogū, or a type of strange cly figure that were found in Japan that have no known purpose.

Drifloon and Drifblim are both based on different types of Balloon. ((inb4 they are ghost that doesn;t count... eh... sorry but in this instance I am cause they aren't really implied to be possessed like some other ghosts types are heavily implied that they are... I could also argue all of those could go on this list but eh...like personally I'd count all of them since they are still based on that object jsut it being possessed. The spirit clearly can;t leave it and becomes part of the object in every case other than Rotom))

Roggenrola's line also is references to geodes as they grow more and more crystals as the line goes on.

ANd I'm pretty sure there's more that I could put but eh. It deosn't feel fair to put up a poll and not include a looooooooot of the mons that are in that category but everyone's decided shouldn't exist and therefore ignore them. After all, some people really really like those mons. It's kinda not cool to jsut be like "Na, these ones aren't worthy of being liked" and not include them in the poll. Now, not saying that was the intent here but there's a lot more of the Inanimate Mons than listed. I think it's only fair I name some of them so they aren't jsut forgotten.

((excuse if I seem a bit rude here lol, it's not my point. I'm just used to stickin' up for the little guys since my favourite mon is Farfetch'd... I'm very used to people being like "I don't even know what that is." or the inevitable "That thing is trash how can oyu like it?" jokes. I guess I just have to be the champion of the little guy XD.))

I have to click on my bro Trubbish thou ^_^ .

Rejected,neglected my bro Garbodor been through a lot joined my team slot,shot,spray all a them acid spray,say I'm not a rapper but I'm better at making Garbodor happy not because hes crappy~Bars :P (I suck at rapping,I know #pigswag )

Edited by Alpha_Blitz

Hah, I have that gif there in my sig for a reason :'3

Klinklang is easily my favourite of the inanimate object 'mons - what with being my second favourite Pokémon overall!

I adore its design, it's a nice idea and looks very much badass. And c'mon, Klink is adorable~

And oh do I love the ones I used in my playthroughs. Wish it could have Levitate, though. Or at least Magnet Rise. But I'm not holding my breath here.

Gigalith is my fave rock type and also makes it into my list of favourite Pokémon of all time. I remember BW coming out and me being like "HOLY SHIT OK I NEED THIS" upon seeing Gigalith for the first time.

Klefki is very lovely. I dunno, I find the idea of a sentient key ring pretty cute, and it can be such a nuisance in battle c:

But really, I love a LOT of those 'mons. Bronzong, Chandelure, Trubbish are all great designs IMO.

I never really counted Porygon as an inanimate object 'mon, but love it as well. Should be BIRD type.

In one of the more not surprising votes, my vote went to the Aegislash line.

The "Ghost" inanimates are inanimate objects that make more sense than their non-ethereal counterparts, however, I am not one of those that absolutely hates inanimate objects being the basis for a Pokemon. The fandom has proven time and time again that said Pokemon's viability and whatever the object is matter more than the fact that something is an inanimate object.

LOL i deem Geodude line to be animal based since Golem the final evo is based on turtle-ish? and yeah i should probably add magnemite line into the poll. Thanks for the reminder, guys :)

Edit:However, i can't, poll limits the choices into 20~I should probably think twice before i turned this into a poll, silly me

Edited by TimTim

I like them all although Gigalith and Porygon seem to end up as actual creatures. Giggalith is like Golem where it starts off just based off a rock but then turns into a rock based creature. Gigalith has a notable head, limbs, body segment, so I would disqualify him, and Porygon is a digital origami crane.

Gen 5's are probably my favorites though. They're all very charming and feel creative...well not so much Klinklang design wise since he's just MORE GEARS but he sounds and looks badass.

Cryogonal is one of my favorite ice types, it takes a rather mundane concept yet still manages to look unique and exotic. I like exotic looking pokemon.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

well i looked at the results and it seems like chandelure, aegislash and drifblim lines are liked the most probably because their ghost types and it makes sense and after them is klefki klingklang line and porygon line so ghost types are liked i guess

Edited by nugget_22

I'd say the Chandelure line. I like all the inanimate object pokemon, from grimer to klinklang, from cryogonal to aegislash, but chandelure is just so wicked. Hits like a truck and has well rounded stats all around. Plus its cry is amazing. Litwick is also so cute. Shame it is a psycho candle :/