TFW Your Urge to Play Dies

Caraboo

I get this with all other games except pokemon, for some reason - at least the well-made fangames, like reborn. I got hit with this pretty hard when i played a nuzlock of pokemon x, though. It also feels like a bad habit 'cause i get so used to opening up the game and beginning to play it, and then two minutes in i get bored - but then an hour later, i want to play again, and the cycle repeats itself....

• Global Mods

It happens to me when I feel like I've hit a wall. Where I have to do something that I really dread doing because of how tedious it is. With Pokemon, that's usually training/grinding. When I got to Serra, I caught two new Pokemon for my team and did a bunch of grinding and EV training (plus max happiness for Eevee) and it took me weeks to finally get past that part of the game because of how unmotivated and bored I was.

Speaking of which, I need to train my Lapras to get to where the rest of my team is in levels, but I don't feel like it.

It happens with Pokemon a lot for me, and Animal Crossing. I'll play and tolerate grinding for weeks, but then, bam, I just feel so unmotivated. But I definitely do think it has to deal with grinding/ general tedious things though. Uugh I have like 3 team members I need to grind in reborn and just. Nah.

Same here, I just went MIA for a few MONTHS without thinking of playing this game, because I have to train a bronzong rain dance for charlotte... and now I don't even remember what exactly that does for me, I just remember that that is what I need to do.

UGH.

Monosteel is fun, but frustrating at times.

Happens to me, but usually very late in the game, about ciel, when I realise I have absolutely nothing that resists flying and anything that stops the paraflinch monster of togekiss is good for one time only (for some reason I'm not huge on electrics after noel, nor steels in general)

Also happens at the end of the episodes. Strange as it is I find myself drained completely getting so far into it only to have to wait. I mean I could just do another playthrough but the energy you invest, the many riveting storylines not yet fully told just make going around again...sort of hollow in a way. I feel once we reach the end game, that might subside though.

I'd probably get this with Reborn too if I didn't make my runs into a freakin' fanfic every time. I mean I have half a dozen games for the PS2/3 I started but haven't gotten back to like Dragon's Crown, Jak II, and Lego Batman. Plus after I finished both regions and the major sidequests in Pokemon Zeta/Omicron I lost interest in it pretty quick despite it having the battle frontier of almost every pokefan's dreams. I guess getting attached to these characters my mon have become helps me want to see their story to the end. It did help make IV training nearly two dozen mon in Reborn here tolerable.

Still, it'll be a bit tougher to get back into Reborn since I'm still doing stuff with my Alpha Saphire game and won't be coming back until I'm done with it. Though it'd mean the wait for the next episode would be much shorter.

I have this problem with pretty much every game I've ever played. I have tons of fun, and then something happens(I get a new game and become addicted to that, I get stuck, etc.) and I stop playing.

I have a flying type monorun of Black 2 I stopped playing just before Victory Road last month.

I'd be here all day if I tried to list every single game I haven't finished yet because of me losing the urge to play it halfway through.

Im a little under-levelled on my Reborn play through, and I hate grinding with a passion so Im sort of in a similar boat right now. One of the reasons why I like reborn so much though is because of the need to do that most of the time. Trying to find the patience to level my Garbador though...

It's funny that I happened to find this thread when I did because I started up a new playthrough a couple of weeks ago, got to the Subseven Sanctum after a few days of playing, saved, then said to myself, "alright, I'll finish this section up and get to the Iolia Valley tomorrow."

...That was over a week ago and even though the first wave of college exams are over, I suddenly have no desire to continue at this time. ;_;

I think once I finish binge watching Monster Musume I'll have the motivation to continue with the playthrough......that's right, I've been watching Monster Musume. D-Don't judge me. >_>'

I do know it. A lot. My poor PS3 suffers that. I have god damn persona 3, and ygo on it.

Go on... :3