New Zygarde and Greninja forms!

ScuzBrains

If it follows the same downward trend as the rest of the game I'm not surprised 0_0

First time a video game has ever disappointed me. Ever.

it's literally just you marching into a cave and going down and down until u see the snake sitting there so randomly that it's not even funny

I really hope the next kalos game(s) will NOT be just another emerald/platinum but rather be prequels or sequels. Maybe tell more about the lorekeeper story? Further the timeline talk? Idk, many possibilities. (giff pokemon war I: )

Ash Greninja will be some anime gimmick most likely, just another of Ash's pokemon deciding to imitate him or something, much like cosplay pikachus, just a gimmick. Maybe one day there will be events for obtaining ash greninja in the games, since there've been events for notch-ear pichu and so on. I highly doubt it's a genuine forme or heaven forbid, a mega.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of people are saying it's greninja's mega-evo but I feel like it's too close to the original to be a mega.

Also, I presume this means Z in confirmed...

The real question is whether it will be like B2/W2 or crystal/emerald/platinum.

If it's just a remake, I probably won't buy it.

If it's a sequel, it'll have a different story so I might buy that if I hear good things about it.

it's not a mega though. it's called "Satoshi Gekkouga" or, Ash Greninja.

not sure if they'll implement Ash.G in the games though....but if they do, my girl Delphox and Chesnaught better get upgrades too! this is mega Charizard X&Y all over again....

ooh. good question! a majority of people have predicted it to be a sister game to X/Y, just like Crys/Em/Plat

but now that they've introduced...THIS thing...i kinda doubt it tbh.

buuut, it's still possible that we don't even get Pokemon 'XY&Z', cause the logo in the CoroCoro was merely the logo for the anime or something .m.

I dont think it is Mega Greninja nor do I think that Greninija will ever get a Mega, its pretty OP as it is now, and If it did get a mega evolution, It would probably be inferior to regular Greninja, since the Mega form will most likely have another ability and Protean is literally like the best ability in the game. So I doubt Greninja is getting a Mega, which sucks becuase the other kalos starters probably won't get Mega because Greninja's not getting one.

everybody is busy with that zygarde transformation thing and that overrated frog,that nobody mentioned the mega sceptile ash is probably getting,

i always liked his sceptile.he was his star in hoenn and remember he defeated darkrai .I cant even imagine what can he do once he is mega evolved.

New info on serebii

7df5d263ac.png

Basically says ash greninja is a "new phenomenon only seen a single time before in kalos" and it is a product of its bond with ash I: I think that is a bunch of bullpoop and they're really just pulling stuff out of their behinds at this point.. Hell, isn't MEGA evolution the product of a strong bond too?

Although it is Ash-Greninja, I am honestly hoping that we could at least get it in the games, so we can see what kind of differences it would have, compared to the normal Greninja. All I hope is that Ash's influence doesn't nerf it.

Although it is Ash-Greninja, I am honestly hoping that we could at least get it in the games, so we can see what kind of differences it would have, compared to the normal Greninja. All I hope is that Ash's influence doesn't nerf it.

Yeah, it seems to me like it will be similar to the pichu event of HG/SS where its essentially a re-texture, that is if its actually going to be a thing in the games at all, it could be a anime only thing for all we know.

I have a feeling Zygarde is the only relevant piece of information game-wise. Ash's Greninja looks like a bond based form adaptation for the anime to remind us of how great Ash is............

GardeDog is looking like a pretty interesting RU Pokemon.

for the anime to remind us of how ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE Ash is.............

fixed

And yeah, I get the sense that GardeDog will be similar to Ninjask in how it can be used, very fast with decent attack, that is not to say I think it will get speed boost, but that would be one helluva cool ability for it.

Really hyped about this and all the pokemon news in general.

off topic, but I REALLY hope they take Super Mario Maker and turn it into Pokemon so they can officially integrate the fan game community.

Would really do wonders for everyone involved.

I prefer the classic they don't bother us, we don't bother him instead of a collaboration. Unlike Mario, there's too many elements really needed to make a Pokemon Game which would turn a lot of people off. If anything, I'd want them to bring difficulties and possibly a game designed to challenge the formula like Colosseum did. Seriously, bring back challenge mode and make it better.

I really doubt it. The anime has done this countless of times before like the Crystal Onix and it's never been released in any Pokemon game. They are advertising more for the Zygarde forms that are coming to Gen VI. Maybe even Az's Floette and Volcanion will get featured finally.

Now back to Zygarde, the dog form interests me even more. I could see it being used quite a bit in the RU and UU tiers as it looks like a better Houndoom from the description. Complete Form might get a Mega Raycraycray treatment as normal Zygarde is 50%. I'll say that again: normal Zygarde is at 50% power level. Likely it'll be very slow which could be an awesome Pokemon for Trick Room.

I think ash frog will be an anime gimmick that serves as a way for ash to magically win his battles via his frog magically getting a powerup in the form of starting to resemble him...

Anyway, the perfect zygarde is ugly as fridge, I'm mostly interested in zygardog and if its gonna be UU/RU, that's pretty nice

um um! sooo...for those who've been hating on Zygarde's new forms and complain about how they're "absolutely random" or things like that...

i feel you. Perfect Z.Garde looks like a fucking-

wait where was i going with this.

okay so even if Zygarde’s forms are kind of bizarre at first glance, I do like that they fit very well with Norse mythological beings (the stags, the blind eagle and the worm. you've probably already heard about it) and actually have a point for existing and aren’t just random. Even the dog has a thematic point in being the Pokemon embodiment of Fenrir, i think!

Basically Zygarde’s 100% form is Hel, Zygarde 10% is Fenrir, and Zygarde 50% is Jormungandur, or Niohoggr idk. Which is quite neat tbh

It’s pretty fascinating.

also Dogarde is my best friend now ;;

um um! sooo...for those who've been hating on Zygarde's new forms and complain about how they're "absolutely random" or things like that...
i feel you. Perfect Z.Garde looks like a fucking-
wait where was i going with this.
okay so even if Zygarde’s forms are kind of bizarre at first glance, I do like that they fit very well with Norse mythological beings (the stags, the blind eagle and the worm. you've probably already heard about it) and actually have a point for existing and aren’t just random. Even the dog has a thematic point in being the Pokemon embodiment of Fenrir, i think!
Basically Zygarde’s 100% form is Hel, Zygarde 10% is Fenrir, and Zygarde 50% is Jormungandur, or Niohoggr idk. Which is quite neat tbh
It’s pretty fascinating.
also Dogarde is my best friend now ;;

I think you're spot on! I think all the Kalos legendaries (Not counting Hoopa and Volcanian since we don't know too much I cant say anything) have ties to Nordic/Scandinavian mythology! I think it's super interesting and I cant wait to see what Game Freak does with them!

I think ash frog will be an anime gimmick that serves as a way for ash to magically win his battles via his frog magically getting a powerup in the form of starting to resemble him...

Anyway, the perfect zygarde is ugly as fridge, I'm mostly interested in zygardog and if its gonna be UU/RU, that's pretty nice

Fridges are beautiful :( :(

If this is all true, Zygarde became like 100x more interesting.

I always felt Xerneas and Yveltal were kind of lacking as far as legendaries go though, because their lore seems rather poorly done I think that's a crucial aspect of a legendary's design, and Xerneas/Yveltal seriously has no impact all story until the climax where it just sort of pops out as a deus ex machina. I blame that more on Kalos in general being underdeveloped but I think they'll be able to do more with Zygarde, although it's going to be hard to explain away why he wasn't in action during X/Y when Flare was trying to kill everybody.

I think GF kind of screwed up here because it's going to be hard to explain that AND where Zygarde was the first time the kill flower cannon was activated.

• Global Mods

I'm probably in the minority of people who'd prefer Z to a B2W2-esque sequel, and that's kind of why. XY felt sort of empty for me. So did RS and DP, and Emerald and Platinum fixed that a lot. BW, unlike most regions, didn't really feel like there was something missing in terms of story/legendary lore/postgame, at least not to me.

For XY, there are a few areas never visited, like the other power plant rooms and Couriway's train. It felt like they just stuffed Team Flare in towards the end, instead of spreading out the encounters. There were a few early, but after the 6th gym it felt bloated with how many boss battles there were in that one section of the game. It had the same "rough draft" feel as RS and DP.

New trailer for the anime, shows off a bunch of new things here

The main thing I noticed was the amount of mega evo's happening, and Ash and the mega evolution specials main guy(idk his name) walking next to each other at the end, crossover? that would be cool.

Edited by Swampellow

There's speculation on the a random pokemon fb group I follow that Ash's Greninja is related to Az's Floette (eternal forme). It seems to follow as the offical blurb about it indicates that the phenomenon has happened before in a set circumstance and as of this moment, Az and Floette are the only established pair available to fit the bill besides the original Mega Lucario and their trainer.

There's speculation on the a random pokemon fb group I follow that Ash's Greninja is related to Az's Floette (eternal forme). It seems to follow as the offical blurb about it indicates that the phenomenon has happened before in a set circumstance and as of this moment, Az and Floette are the only established pair available to fit the bill besides the original Mega Lucario and their trainer.

you mean something like this?

12009787_1656615977939961_20670783376996

The thing is, Eternal Floette's design doesn't look similar to AZ's clothes, and doesn't exactly have AZ's looks (Like how Ash-Greninja has Ash's hair) Unless he wore something different 3000 years ago...

It might just be me, but I do believe entropy is thing and thus Az would end up wearing different clothes over the centuries, although I see the point you are making.

I don't think it's the Floette because it says the phenomenon happened several hundred years ago, AZ and his Floette happened 3k years ago I: and yes, the floette was looking like that already. I'm not liking this concept in general at all... it just keeps bringing more bullpoop into the anime/games that serves as a bad excuse to introduce power-ups. Next thing pikachu will be mega-evolving despite not being a final form cuz amgbonds with ash. That said, it's funny atm that greninja is apparently implied to have a better bond with ash than ash does with pikachu, with that ash frog and stuff