Fire Gym

Ageistal

• 2 weeks later...

What I did was have my starting lineup be a flying type and a Pokemon that can use Earthquake. Multihitting Ground, Rock, and Water moves are the way to go for this fight in my opinion. I hear a lot of people consider this the hardest gym in the game thus far, so even with all of that you're going to need a little luck.

What I did was have my starting lineup be a flying type and a Pokemon that can use Earthquake. Multihitting Ground, Rock, and Water moves are the way to go for this fight in my opinion. I hear a lot of people consider this the hardest gym in the game thus far, so even with all of that you're going to need a little luck.

Charlotte has been nerfed significantly from what she used to be. She used to be incredibly devastating. She is still one of the more difficult leaders but not the clear hardest.

Diggersby could easily die before it does anything against Typh and Darma, but it's a great choice against The firefoxes. Ah but watch for will o wisp.

7th street cyndaquil, get it a good nature and make sure it has flash fire. In fact anything with flash fire will help this gym. Evolve it to Typhlosion and use a heart scale to get it eruption. Rapidash and Arcanine can have FF too I think..Rapidash can learn drill run via tutor which is pretty cool I think, especially if you can ground Rotom(Greninja with smack down is good for this if you have him) as it should one-shot him provided you got a good nature, Also flash fire is good for Rapidash' s flare blitz which will be more effective against delphox/Ninetales than eruption/flamethrower will.

Flash fire will turn Typhlosion into a MONSTER with Eruption + the field effects allowing you to use Charlotte's own strength against her. With good nature and EVs He should 1-2 shot half her team with eruption at full health provided none of them are using a screen.Even his flamethrower hits pretty hard so that should work as a second offensive if need be Like she says, embrace the flames. Fight fire with fire. Darminitan needs to be taken out ASAP though because that dude is like the freakin hulk in how hard he can hit.

If you don't like fire try out Fat Walrein, I hear he's great for this fight too.

Archeops DOES make this rather easy huh? He's might be the best pick but I think she's got a scarfed Typhlosion or darma or be careful with that.

All of her pokemon save Darmanitan use special moves so setting up a light screen is good especially when paired with changing her field. Beware that her Delphox uses light screen too. Really physical > special in this battle, which she counters using will o wisp but that doesn't work on all pokemon now, does it? :]

And yeah I recommend earthquake and a strong rock physical move since delphox and Ninetales have softer defense but good special defense to where they can actually survive most special moves. You definitely want a good multi hitting physical mov somewhere, and don't be afraid to buy air balloons if need be lol. If anything taking out Darminitan and Typhlosion both at once will make the battle twice as easy.

If any of your pokemon know electric terrain, that's good if only because it removes her field boosts. Her field boosts are the key to Charlotte's strength so if you have any tools to circumvent it RELIABLY, use them.

a swampert it could be a really good choise. with earthquick and muddy watter can rule the match

but charllote is nerfed and i am dissapointed. you cannot imagine the satisfaction when you bit her when she is super strong but..........not any more :(

and i have bit her without poke advantage :( :( :(. WHYYYYYYYYYY YOU NERF HEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!?????

If you don't feel like raising a bunch of fire pokemon for Charlotte I raised a Gastrodon for this fight and it put in a lot of work. Rain Dance + Muddy Water neutralized the field effect and boosted my other water types to make the rest of the fight significantly easier. Although TBH you probably won't need it for anything after this :P

a swampert it could be a really good choise. with earthquick and muddy watter can rule the match

but charllote is nerfed and i am dissapointed. you cannot imagine the satisfaction when you bit her when she is super strong but..........not any more :(

and i have bit her without poke advantage :( :( :(. WHYYYYYYYYYY YOU NERF HEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!?????

Dude she needed a nerf though, she was ridiculous in ep 14. The thing was that she'd beat you SO quickly you wouldn't even be able to learn from the battle and it usually required having specific pokemon to even stand a chance or a lot of revives/potions. She's not exactly a pushover even with the nerf) so eh.Really the only nerf that went too far is Shade.

Monochrome Complex i agree but from one point the game must be difficult. I battle her unnerfed at least 15 times and i beat her by reaching lvls with unobeying pokemons. I ll agree with nerf shade because its too tuff for early game but charlotte is an other case.if you have some strategy you can win. the only reason i bit her it was be because i read all of her patterns in all of mine possible switches of pokemon and first 2 pokes in use for battle. It was be hard but the work paid off. The nerf doent give you that sattisfaction.

Edited by Pausaunias

What I did was I used 2 water types to kill the first two pokemon, can't remember which ones, then my two killers came... Arcanine and typhlosion both with flash fire so lava plume wouldn't do damage to Arcanine and would convert the field to blazing field which would amplify Arcanine's heat wave. This took out the volcarona and almost KOed the other one. After spaming the same combo till one of my pokemon died I would switch into greninja and switch the other out while finishing them of with a surf. If that didn't take them out then i would use the other pokemon's explosion while greninja used dive.(I would change dive back to dark pulse once done.)

Edited by NinjaGod

Monochrome Complex i agree but from one point the game must be difficult. I battle her unnerfed at least 15 times and i beat her by reaching lvls with unobeying pokemons. I ll agree with nerf shade because its too tuff for early game but charlotte is an other case.if you have some strategy you can win. the only reason i bit her it was be because i read all of her patterns in all of mine possible switches of pokemon and first 2 pokes in use for battle. It was be hard but the work paid off. The nerf doent give you that sattisfaction.

Challenge is fine but hard for the sake of being hard isn't good design philosophy and difficulty needs to be done with the aim of teaching the player like every other challenge in the game. Charlotte not only had a crazy OP'd field but also had illegal moves which was frankly BS and needed to be removed. It wasn't just that Charlotte was too hard, she was difficult in a bad way that discouraged variety in how to handle her(really there was only like 3-4 strats you could use against her since everything else would die too quickly all of which required certain pokemon) and was too brutal in that a first time player wouldn't be able to effectively learn her field since you'd lose in like 3 turns. Like really once you know what to expect you can prepare ahead of time to where she's not even that bad, but I feel like the game shouldn't be designed with the philosophy of grabbing a magic mon per gym, winning, then boxing it which is EXACTLY what people do with Charlotte.

If you played Jan's current episode of his Rejuvenation fangame, a gym leader suffers from much the same problems as Smoking Charlotte(since nerfed charlotte loses her smokes in her battle portrait haha) in that her field buffs her team to insane levels and is too limited in the tools the player can use to beat it. In fact it's even worse since it's earlier in the game and at a point where you're basically constrained to a very limited selection of pokemon you can add to your team. Like yeah it's challenging and hard, but not in a good way.

I get you on the feeling of accomplishment thing, I was really happy when I beat Charlotte the first time too, but TBH I was happier that I'd never have to go through that misery again and actually enjoy the ride there, not just the destination.