Favorite Embarrassing Game

DJWongTong

Do any of you have that one game or franchise that you love but are just not too keen on flashing around in public? Personally mine is well...Pokemon, I just don't feel comfortable bringing it up in any real conversation, especially if flirting. A couple of my friends have stuff like shirts and accessories that have the brand name on it and I could just never do that, how about you?

Pokémon, league of legends, Spiral knights.

I don't actually play spiral knights any more.

But yeah, in public, I don't like to discuss these things.

With my friends, I'll talk about all of them.

Because they also play most of the same videogames as me.

Probably TLoS: Dawn of the Dragon, because a few years ago I used to hate the game with a burning passion and made it very clear to everyone else that I hated it. More recently I actually discovered how to play the stupid game and actually loved it (I still think Dumbledragon Ignitus' "goodbye" is dumb and forced though). Now I'm worried that one day someone from that other forum will recognize me and be all smug like "I told you so".

I have a bunch of series that like, or used to like, which I try to avoid bringing up, either because I'm not sure the group would like them, because I think they've gone downhill as of late, or both.

Advance Wars(Don't think people would like it)

Stronghold(gone downhill after Crusader Extreme)

Sonic the Hedgehog(I think we're all well aware of how far downhill this has gone.)

Command & Conquer(Both... C&C4 *shudders*)

Halo(Both)

Crash Bandicoot(Downhill)

Edited by aquawaffle

Anything anime-related for the most part... I'm the only one of my close friends who watches much anime/plays anime-style games, so it'd be kind of weird to bring up around them, much less strangers.

Anything anime-related for the most part... I'm the only one of my close friends who watches much anime/plays anime-style games, so it'd be kind of weird to bring up around them, much less strangers.

I was just listing video-games before but anime is a big one because it's something I really like but I hate telling people because I feel weird admitting that sorta thing. Guess for the most part it's because people will think "anime is just cartoons for kids" or "anime is really nerdy". So when I notice other people who like anime then that's pretty cool. Although at the same time, sometimes I'll be playing an anime song on the piano and someone will ask "that's a nice song, what's it from?" and I'm just like"... ahem.. yahari ore no seishun love comedy wa machigatteiru...."

Halo. I don't know many people who play it and I have such a love of it that I'm afraid to bring it up. If I do I'll get too into it and usually have played more of the games and read more of the related books than whoever I find.

Mine is actually Pokemon..but I don't hide it anymore. My bro usually makes fun of me still playing pokemon but I kinda laugh on that..all my friends know that I'm playing Pokemon so I can't say that I'm embarrassed. It's a game I loved since I was a little girl (like 8 years old) and it still remains one of my favorites. :)

Edited by mar_mar

Sonic the Hedgehog, trying to admit that you actually like Heroes/06/Unleashed/Colors/Generations usually ignites a storm of haters.

Only clowns that don't even play sonic and jumped on the hatewagon bash anyone for liking Generations or Colors I've realized. And Heroes' hatedom has died down a lot since it's become nostalgic for a lot of younger players and isn't even a bad game, just corny.

Now 06 and Shadow? Fair game because those sucked. Unleashed is weird because for all its flaws it was the first step to getting the series back on track

Lost World is meh and sonic boom deserves every ounce of ire thrown its way, only saving grace is that Sonic Team didn't develop it.

People get too insecure based on what a bunch of bitter strangers over the internet say lol.

Only clowns that don't even play sonic and jumped on the hatewagon bash anyone for liking Generations or Colors I've realized. And Heroes' hatedom has died down a lot since it's become nostalgic for a lot of younger players and isn't even a bad game, just corny.

Now 06 and Shadow? Fair game because those sucked. Unleashed is weird because for all its flaws it was the first step to getting the series back on track

Lost World is meh and sonic boom deserves every ounce of ire thrown its way, only saving grace is that Sonic Team didn't develop it.

People get too insecure based on what a bunch of bitter strangers over the internet say lol.

I certainly agree with most of your points -- I actually have a ton of passion for this subject (for some reason). Heroes was nostalgia (ironically it was the first Sonic game I played), whereas 06 I like because I feel that the terrible controls and glitches add more to the game in fun, at least for me.