Field effects, next level of changes suggestions

Zane0144

Hey so I just wanted to give my input on some things I think would be great to see for field effects.

1. Prolonging items- I know Ame likes to stay close to the game's original design barring field effects. However now that field effects are such an integral part of the game, they should be treated as such. Much like heat rock, smooth rock etc. there should be items to prolong moves like grassy terrain, misty terrain, etc.

The fact that you can transform these fields is genius and I just think the player should be able to take full advantage off this ability. Because at the moment the most you can do is:

Turn 1 set up misty terrain

Turn 2 corrosive mist

3 turns later it's gone with hardly any use

2. Field counters reset when field changes. It must comes up and I change it to corrosive. It should last 4 more turns at least . This may be a better suggestion than a idea but I think it would further help field effects be awesome. Basically set must ( 5 turns left) make corrosive (5 turns left) 3 turns later use gravity (corrosive field 5 turns left. And so on

3 nerf superheated field. I love charolette and the challenge she poses and how tough she was. But her field is ridiculous. I've never minded field effects because they are just as detrimental as beneficial. Julia was great, no way to stop her field but her explosions are immune for ground and lightning rod. Shelly you can burn the Forrest etc. charolettes field does nothing but benefit her. She can transform it to a burning field right off the bat and then you have to get rid of both. Blizzard and rain dance are the best ways to take away that advantage. But they are so few and far between its ridiculoius. True you can use rock and ground but we should more ways to take away her home field advantage. Then maybe we could unnerf her team.

Any thoughts?

1. Not a bad idea honestly, but I'm not sure how it'd work. 5 turns is short, but it's usually enough to get the job done (like weather moves). 8 turns at the most though.

2. gravity shouldn't really effect field effects. But if the above is implemented, there'd be no need for this section. 8 turns is a lot more than you think.

3. Cal, Charlotte, and Solaris all share this field yet you only picked Charlotte. If you want to talk about broken, Shade, Samson, and Blake's fields are far more broken than anything in Charlotte's field. Literally though, they give you an HM which is the bane of her field effect. Shade can be made so broken that you almost have to turn off his field effect, but Charlotte can only be made so tough. And as Rainbow said, Rain Dance or Trick Room will pretty much destroy her.

1. Not a bad idea honestly, but I'm not sure how it'd work. 5 turns is short, but it's usually enough to get the job done (like weather moves). 8 turns at the most though.

2. gravity shouldn't really effect field effects. But if the above is implemented, there'd be no need for this section. 8 turns is a lot more than you think.

3. Cal, Charlotte, and Solaris all share this field yet you only picked Charlotte. If you want to talk about broken, Shade, Samson, and Blake's fields are far more broken than anything in Charlotte's field. Literally though, they give you an HM which is the bane of her field effect. Shade can be made so broken that you almost have to turn off his field effect, but Charlotte can only be made so tough. And as Rainbow said, Rain Dance or Trick Room will pretty much destroy her.

agreed that Shade's field is a pain in the butt, took me entirely to long to beat him the first time because of it. Blake's field really isn't that bad, but I say this because i kept destroying it with eq so I really don't know the horrors of it. Charlotte while annoying, wasn't impossible and she has been nerfed recently, if this was episode 14 still, I'd agree.

The annoying thing about charolette is that her field has no detriment.

Julia- explosions can't affect ground and lightning rod.

Florina- her field doesn't benefit enough to warrant a need to get rid of it

Shelly- complete destruction by fire

Shade-light it up

Corey- mist is op but corrosive field is manageable

Kiki- built in weakness via psychic

Aya- don't remember

Noel- no benefit either way

Radomus- Psy + rock typing makes fighting types useable?

Luna-light it up baby or eq

Samson- built in flying weakness via acrobatics and fly

Terra - no benefit either way

Ciel- her team is meh, no Skarmory

Charolette? She's a beast. I'm not arguing she needs more nerfing. I want her old strong team back. She deserves to be strong. Just more ways to manipulate her field. Only way off the top of my head to kill it is rain dance and blizzard. And blizzard pretty much means bring walrein or rely completely on rain dance. Anything else dies to quickly to even set up a blizzard

She needs more nerfing? Please. She's already been nerfed enough to not pose so much of a threat unless u go there with the worst team possible :| Game has already been so nerfed , I really don't think anyone at all could use MORE nerfing.

Either way, field transformation lasting some turns could be interesting but I think I prefer the instant version of that. As said, it's more realistic and provides for more unexpected change

Yeah, the only way I was able to manipulate Charlotte's field was to apply Rain Dance and await the magical Drought Ninetales to create a rainbow. That and Mist, of course. But her field DOES seem a bit more rigid than the other leaders, whose fields can be destroyed by using one appropriate move.

But beating Charlotte for the first time was very rewarding, like seriously... what's the story? She basically destroyed me with her field without me being able to KO a single Pokemon, and I never picked up the TM for Rain Dance. However, I cleverly knew that Bronzongs naturally learned Rain Dance, so I went out to catch one nearby, opting to find a one with Heatproof. However, on capture, this Bronzong did not know Rain Dance, so I ran all the way over to Agate, liquidated a Heart Scale to relearn Rain Dance, and marched my way back, also teaching Bronzong the move Trick Room. It was a hard fought battle. I'm probably going to prepare more this run...

• Administrators

1. Prolonging items-

I'm a few steps ahead of you with that. I'll be putting up details on the Geo Rock once it's fully implemented-- but I won't be working on that until after animations are done.

Your second point is fair, but I don't want to go that far until after I see how things are with the Geo Rock in game. I suspect I won't need to make that change.

As for superheated, I'm currently pretty content with Charlotte's balance, and the set of weaknesses her team has even aside from the field. Ultimately the focus is to be on the team, with the field effect being an additional set of levers.

I think Shade's gym is just fine, Magneton can light the place up and get its Flash Cannon buffed, not to mention it's Electric-type moves are buffed either way. Nature Power is also pretty handy there.

I didn't bother doing anything to the field effect in Luna's gym, since it doesn't seem to buff Dark-type attacks. If you have Heracross in your team, you can sweep her entire team with Megahorn and Close Combat (and Rock Blast), especially with Moxie boosting its Attack. If anything, Luna's field needs a buff, something that slightly nerfs Fighting-types, like :"Your Pokemon can't see in the dark..." or whatever. The idea is that the Fighting-type mon can't attack her Dark-types with their full strength and thus deal less damage.

I've always found the Poison-type leaders the most difficult, because Corey's gym's field effect hurts your mons a lot, and you can't use Ground-type moves at all against Aya. I'm unsure what moves, other than Poison-type and Power Whip get buffed by the Wasteland field, but neither one of those can be used against her. I don't know if it can be changed or removed, haven't figured it out (I haven't checked out what the field effects do, I find it more interesting that way).

Honestly, the field effects are fine and make more sense than the ones in Rejuvenation, imo. I'm curious about the new field effects yet to be seen. I mean, how to strengthen the Dragon-type moves, other than with the Arceus' light seen in the cultist's dungeon? I can't see that one being used in Saphira's gym.

Noel- no benefit either way

You can set the field on fire and have a huge advantage over him.

I'm very happy to hear about this Geo rock! :) I look forward to seeing it in a future release. My second point is probably moot with the addition of Geo rock.

As for the third point. I was always under the impression that charolettes team was nerfed because her team was so fast and hit so hard with the field boost. Which wouldn't be as big of a problem if her field was weaker. But I do also realize that an overpowered team is overpowered either way. And that even if her field were easier to change, that shouldn't be the only way the player could win.

Im at least thankful that if we ever get a pvp installed in this game that the superheated field cannot be created through natural means.