Rejuvenation Viability Rankings 2.0 [Community WIP]

Fumble

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's that time of the year again. Please reserve Delphox for me Chubb.

Venusaur (A-) e0EyXFF.gif

+ Available before Venam, Starter Selection Room

+ Chlorophyll doubles its Speed in Sunny weather, which might be nice for Amber with its Sleep Powder.

+ Decent moveset : Giga Drain (egg move), Sleep Powder/Leech Seed/Synthesis, Sludge Bomb (by TM), HP Fire (TM, if you're lucky with its IVs)

+ It has a great combo of bulkiness and recovery with Giga Drain + Leech Seed + Synthesis

+ Can put stuff to sleep

+ Between the Grass starters, it's 1 of the top contenders, seeing as it's simply good throughout the game and doesn't really have a weak stage.

- It doesn't do that much against later gym leaders like Valerie/Crawli/Angie/Amber, but it's ok for everything else.

- Its good moves come pretty late. You can only get Giga Drain on it after Marianette, and Sludge Bomb after you get Rock Climb (either by the V5 Scraggy or after Kreiss gives you the HM)

- Slow, but not that much

- It can't really touch a Steel or a Poison type poke at all, unless it has a nice Hidden Power type.

Edited by biboo195

Ok, let me reserve the analysis for based monosweeper Electrode I repeat based monosweeper Electrode and guaranteed Golem.

Done~

By the way, I'd appreciate it if the other people who reserved Pokemon fulfilled their reservation soon~

Tada~. I'm gonna analyze a very underrated starter.

Delphox (A+) G4gjCCw.gif

+ Available before Venam

+ Awesome moveset : Shadow Ball (relearn)/Flamethrower/Psychic/Psyshock/Fire Blast/Will-O-Wisp/Mystical Fire/Light Screen, Wish/Heat Wave/Hypnosis/Magic Coat (egg moves), Grass Knot/Magma Drift (by TM)

+ Fast with base 104 Speed

+ Highest base Special Attack of all fully evolved starter Pokémon, disregarding Mega Evolutions. (quote from Bulbapedia)

+ Decent stat all around. Can tank special hits with 100 base Sp.Def and Light Screen

+ Great for a bunch of leaders : Venam, Keta, Crawli, Angie

+ Its good moves come somewhat early, with Psyshock at 34 and Flamethrower at 42

+ Can fill the roles of supporting (with Will-O-Wisp/Wish/Light Screen) or a special attacker for the team

- Available only as starter in V6

- It has to compete with Blaziken and Infernape for that Fire slot starter of your team. Infernape simply has more Speed, and Blaziken has that Speed Boost

Edited by biboo195

PCP637.pngto A

+ Has potential to sweep 70% of your battles only by setting up a quiver dance.

+ Great special bulk, which allows it to set up on a lot of mons.

+ Flame body is a cool ability that can create set up opportunities against physical oriented mons too, and swarm is also decent.

+ Even though it doesn't get a lot of options, all it needs is quiver dance + dual stab to win most games. Other options include hurricane or a good hidden power.

+ If you look at what's left: Steel gym, psychic gym, Ren, dark gym, Aelita (hurricane is nice) you'll notice that volc has a great chance of destroying them.

- Not really useful against any gym leader at the moment since it only evolves after Angie (unless you want to level it up and bring it down with common candies), which it's biggest flaw.

- Really hard to get in the mystery egg (but it's REALLY worth it)

- Terrible physical bulk, you might die to anything with rock/water coverage before you can even think about clicking quiver dance.

Jellicent ranked B+

Movesets: Wring Out, Absorb, Night Shade, Water Spout, Bubblebeam, Water Pulse, Ominous Wind, Brine, Rain Dance, Hex, Hydro Pump, Acid Armor(breed), Confuse Ray(breed), Pain Split(breed), Mist(breed), Recover(breed), Shadow Ball TM, Surf HM

+personally i go for Cursed Body which is very useful in clutch moments when opponent SE move is sealed, Water Absorb can work too but less reliable in game since AI sometimes is able to pick up on Jellicent's water typing, Damp is not useful for in game

+available after Marianette, which is all water encounter including fishing at Wispy Path

+100/70/105 is impressive bulk in game, is able to wall many hard hitting mons in game

+Recover to complement its good bulk and Rain Dance to boost its water moves or for support of its team mates

+85 base special attack can deal a considerable amount of damage, plus Hex with status condition by its team mates and Surf

+Unusual typing water/ghost type guarantee an immunity to normal, plus resistances to ice, water, fire and bug which are very nifty for the four late current gym leaders

-move coverage still leaves much to desire for without good TMs, and Shadow Ball is a hassle to obtain and pretty late to acquire

-60 base speed is mediocre, makes it a sitting duck for attack before it moves

-prevalence of dark type mons and moves in game somehow holds Jellicent back from showcasing its full potential

-will take a long time before the evolution takes place

Edited by TimTim

101MS.pngat B+/A-

+available super-early in Gearen City from the guy that sells Pokeballs for 400P

+available evolved before Keta (evolves at 30, then you can lower it a bit)

+incredible speed barring speed-altering situations (Water surface and Crawli's Barbed Wire)

+an abusable moveset: Charge Beam(lvl16), ElectroBall (lvl22), Discharge (lvl41), Eerie Impulse (lvl6) (lowers opponent's SpAtt two stages)

+very fast Light Screen support if you're bad in using Electrode, and yes, Light Screen is bad

+great at cheesing single Pokemon bosses like Shadow Mewtwo, outspeeding and lowering their SpAtt as much as possible before going down, opening a way for teammates to beat them easier

++great monosweeping potential:

In Singles, it can single out an opponent's special attacker, abuse it's speed and spam two or three Eerie Impulses to nil their SpAtt, heal up, take minimal damage barring crits hax and set up Charge Beams while the opponent either does minimal damage or heals. Considering that Charge Beam takes a while to reach KO potential, you can reach a respectable +4 and higher in many situations before your setup bait dies. Then proceed to click the right STAB (Electric is a largely unresisted type and ElectroBall breaks easily many slow bulky opponents) and sweep teams easily. Even if the sweep is full (hello Slaking, hello Gengar because Spiritomb's Pressure killed my PP) you still have abused one Pokemon to destroy ~4 of the opponent, and have enough to deal with what's left.

-terribad coverage: Hidden Power x-type (hunt for Ice or Grass preferably), Swift, that's it

-lackluster stats barring speed: its bulk is 0 without abusing Eerie Impulse, its SpAtt is really bad without setting up lots of Charge Beams

-Doubles: other than setting said bad Light Screen or fishing for a Para or two with Discharge or singling out an opponent to use Eerie Impulse, it's really bad in Doubles

-no access to Thunder Wave: ok, it can do it's job anyway, but T-Wave would go so incredibly perfect with it

-speed drop situations render it useless: looking at the current field of Valarie, and also Crawli if he sets webs and you can't remove them

-I didn't need to abuse it in later fights: I abused it to wipe out most of Narcissa's and Marianette's teams easy and sweet, as well as both Keta matches, some Ren fights, Amaria, etc, but I haven't used it against Crawli and Angie because I had much better solutions that wiped them out (Defiant Empoleon and Justified Arcanine, ggs)

-requires support with Intimidate or/and Baby Doll Eyes to use physical attackers as setup bait: Herdier-Stoutland make the best partner, I guess

-the very rare Contrary, Defiant or Competitive opponents

-crits hax

Why B+/A-? Because it can sweep through many teams in singles, and while I haven't used against the later leaders... the reasons that make it abusable are still there. I just had better things to throw at them (and still haven't played Zetta/Geara and Amber), but the upcoming nerf to the Water surface will help it against Valarie, and it could exploit future leaders as well. I throw my body at it being ranked lower that B+ on the grounds of that sweeping potential, and also of the ability to severely reduce the SpAtt of single-Mon bosses and make them much easier to take out with the rest of the team.

Everyone's analyses have been so amazing and detailed oriented.

Dragalge ranked B

+great movepools with STABs which include: dragon tail, acid, water gun, twister, poison tail, water pulse, double team, toxic, aqua tail, sludge bomb, hydro pump, dragon pulse, feint attack, acid armor(breed), haze(breed), play rough(breed), toxic spikes (breed), venom drench(breed), surf HM, shadow ball TM

+available pretty early with good rod fishing in gearen sewer, you can get it even in pre Venam

+great ability adaptability, which allows STAB to go twice as powerful instead of 1.5, given most Dragalge leveling up moves are STABs, it is most recommended, poison touch/poison point on top of requiring physical contact, the chance of activation is slim

+65/90/123 are amazing bulk, can work as a tank, and whittles down opponents with learnt Toxic, acid armor could even potentially raise defense more if you breed it

+75 base attack and 97 base sp attack allow dragalge to land massive damage on opponents while tanking their attacks, it is particularly helpful in Crawli's battle and Valerie's battle when it stays as a Skrelp

+unique typing with dragon/poison helps with Aelita's rebattle post Angie since it resists all Aelita's movesets, Skrelp's poison/water typing also helps with couple of major NPCs like Rorrim B

-the reason it is not in A rank is because it stays as Skrelp throughout most of the current game, which is quite difficult to raise

-its nonexistent speed is its major flaw

-before the type changes happen upon evolution, it cant do much against early gym leaders until Crawli with mediocre stats those of Skrelp's, and of course no one with sound mind would use dragons for Angie, which leaves it with Amber and Crawli for gym leader battles

-loses water STAB with adaptability boost after evolution, which is a shame considering many of its moves are water type moves

Also, reserve Walrein for later if no one has done it already.

Edited by TimTim