Rejuvenation Viability Rankings 2.0 [Community WIP]

Fumble

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torterra - A or A- rank

Obtainable: Starter Pokemon

Abilities: Overgrow (great for clutch STAB grass attacks) or hidden ability Shell Armor (prevents crits)

Moves: Wood Hammer (relearner), Leech Seed, Synthesis, Earthquake, Crunch, Curse

Useful battles: Keta, Marianette, Narcissa

+ Has a monstrous attack stat with some very powerful STAB moves

+ Learns STAB Earthquake at level 32 which allows it to destroy anything that doesn't resist it semi-early

+ Good bulk and has immunity to electric type attacks

+ Decent sustain due to leech seed/synthesis

- Has common weaknesses including fire, flying and 4x weakness to ice

- Has an abysmal speed stat which allows it to be OHKO'd by many ice pokemon (recommended to use a Quick Claw to patch it's low speed)

Sylveon- SS tier

Obtainability- Starter

Main ability-Pixelate

Moves: Skill swap, Hyper Voice, Draining kiss, quick attack (for the early game, after you can sub it with whatever you want)

After spending days resetting for my eevee, i knew it was worth it when i got sylveon. Sylveon s*** on every shadow pokemon, stab draining kiss one hit ko's nearly all of them with the added benefit of healing back 75% of the damage dealt. Even though Sylveon isn't a physical type attacker, stab pixelate boosted quick attack hurts alot. Does massive damage at the early stage, and is good because it can pick off weakend fast yet strong boss pokemon you may encounter. Without a doubt the best move for the game, skill swap. Remember that huge power medicham? Skill swap with it and its attacks do basically nothing while you just gave Sylveon pure power which makes Medichamp no longer a threat, and boosts Sylveons quick attack with huge power. After skill swapping, you can just spam quick attack and you just destroy everything. Remember that pesky volcanion? Skill swap with it and you get water absorb, so its water pulse spam just heals your sylveon further and you can then proceed to kill it with whichever move of your choice. Another positive of Sylveon that needs to be reiterated is the fact that shadow Pokemon mean nothing to it. I remember watching people play Rejuvination, and they would rq because since Shadow moves are super effective against everything but fairy, they would KO all their Pokemon instantly. Sylveon just walls all of them.

All of this coupled witht he fact that Sylveon has great attacking and support capabilities, it should be SS.

Houndoom: ~A- or B+

Abilities: Unnerve, Early Bird, Flash Fire (I recommend this one).

Moves: Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Crunch, Foul Play, Magma Drift, Overheat, Shadow Ball (hopefully we'll get Dark Pulse soon.)

+ Available before Gym 2

+ Has some utility (Magma Drift, Rock Smash)

+ Massive special attack stat, boosted further by Nasty Plot

+ Decent movepool, with Thunder Fang, Shadow Ball, etc

+ Nice abilities, rendering Amber virtually useless

- Other than Special Attack, rather average stats (paper thin defense)

- Struggles with many field effects

- Sees no use for the first few gyms

Torterra - A or A- rank

Obtainable: Starter Pokemon

Abilities: Overgrow (great for clutch STAB grass attacks) or hidden ability Shell Armor (prevents crits)

Moves: Wood Hammer (relearner), Leech Seed, Synthesis, Earthquake, Crunch, Curse

Useful battles: Keta, Marianette, Narcissa

+ Has a monstrous attack stat with some very powerful STAB moves

+ Learns STAB Earthquake at level 32 which allows it to destroy anything that doesn't resist it semi-early

+ Good bulk and has immunity to electric type attacks

+ Decent sustain due to leech seed/synthesis

- Has common weaknesses including fire, flying and 4x weakness to ice

- Has an abysmal speed stat which allows it to be OHKO'd by many ice pokemon (recommended to use a Quick Claw to patch it's low speed)

Arcanine for A Rank

Main moveset: Crunch, Outrage, Flare Blitz, Extremespeed

Subs moveset: Heat Wave(utility), Magma Drift, Agility

Abilities: Flash Fire(utility), Intimidate.

Arcanine is a reliable Pokemon that can destroy teams without boosts. Only being outspeed by few Pokemon, this K9 can hit hard and fast, and take shots as well. Intimidate is it's main ability and can be used to cripple the likes of Mamoswine and Medicham, and Flash Fire can be used to seriously annoy Amber.

It's moveset is very versatile. Flare Blitz can erase any Pokemon on it's path. Alternatively, Heat Wave can be used if the opponent can take Flare Blitz because Arcanine's Sp. Atk is also great. Crunch can dent Ghost types, Extremespeed is a nice niche (similar to Lucario), and Outrage can take down dragons. Agility can be used to ensure absolute dominance.

Negatives: It has no other boosts besides Agility, but that's only it.

Finished adding them~

Still, I feel like C Rank is very empty (because it is). If you feel I'm being too lenient, tell me!

Still, I feel like C Rank is very empty (because it is). If you feel I'm being too lenient, tell me!

Floatzel (C+ or C) Jnb6ewG.gif

Obtainable: Before Gym 1, Event

Abilities: Swift Swim if there's Rain Dance support, Water Veil if you're afraid of getting burn (i don't recommend it)

Moves: Crunch/Ice Fang (Relearn), Aqua Jet/Aqua Tail/Pursuit/Double Hit/Quick Attack for physical, Agility for setting up

Useful For: Not much. It can be useful for Valerie thanks to Whirlpool because of her field, but there're just so many better choices than this. Can be nice for Amber, Narcissa (Crunch).

Summary: A mediocre mon with mediocre stats and a mediocre movepool, and since there're just so many better choices for a Water slot for your team (Swampert, Ludicolo, Greninja, ..., Floatzel just doesn't have much to testify using it. Though it has certain niches (Whirlpool for Valerie's Milotic), Floatzel just isn't a good choice.

Altaria: C+

+ Available before Gym 2

+ Nice special defense, with Cotton Guard to boost its defense greatly

+ Great status movepool, with Sing, Dragonbreath (for paralysis), Dragon Dance, Cotton Guard, Tailwind, Rain Dance and Perish Song

+ Very useful in a few battles, such as against Madelis, Marianette, and Crawli

- Lackluster movepool, with many of its compatible TMs not being available (has Moonblast, Dragon Pulse, Sky Attack)

- Minimal attack stats, doing limited amount of damage, getting good attacking moves much later in the game

- Limited use in many battles, can be very gimmicky

Edited by TheWaddleDee

Floatzel (C+ or C) Jnb6ewG.gif

Obtainable: Before Gym 1, Event

Abilities: Swift Swim if there's Rain Dance support, Water Veil if you're afraid of getting burn (i don't recommend it)

Moves: Crunch/Ice Fang (Relearn), Aqua Jet/Aqua Tail/Pursuit/Double Hit/Quick Attack for physical, Agility for setting up

Useful For: Not much. It can be useful for Valerie thanks to Whirlpool because of her field, but there're just so many better choices than this. Can be nice for Amber, Narcissa (Crunch).

Summary: A mediocre mon with mediocre stats and a mediocre movepool, and since there're just so many better choices for a Water slot for your team (Swampert, Ludicolo, Greninja, ..., Floatzel just doesn't have much to testify using it. Though it has certain niches (Whirlpool for Valerie's Milotic), Floatzel just isn't a good choice.

Altaria: C+

+ Available before Gym 2

+ Nice special defense, with Cotton Guard to boost its defense greatly

+ Great status movepool, with Sing, Dragonbreath (for paralysis), Dragon Dance, Cotton Guard, Tailwind, Rain Dance and Perish Song

+ Very useful in a few battles, such as against Madelis, Marianette, and Crawli

- Lackluster movepool, with many of its compatible TMs not being available (has Moonblast, Dragon Pulse, Sky Attack)

- Minimal attack stats, doing limited amount of damage, getting good attacking moves much later in the game

- Limited use in many battles, can be very gimmicky

Done.

Greninja (A+) dwtJGhE.gif

+ Available before Gym 1, Limited Event (Starter Selection)

+ Very fast

+ Protean is awesome for both offensive and defensive

+ Can fill many roles of a team (physical/special/support with Spikes + Mat Block)

+ Very good level up moves (the good moves come a bit late)

+ Good for a lot of leaders thanks to its wide range of level up moves

- Very frail, even with Protean's help

- Shortage of TMs, which is the main reason it's not S

Edited by biboo195

Uhm. Angie has no Slaking. Marianette is.

Oops, fixed.

Greninja (A+) dwtJGhE.gif

+ Available before Gym 1, Limited Event (Starter Selection)

+ Very fast

+ Protean is awesome for both offensive and defensive

+ Can fill many roles of a team (physical/special/support with Spikes + Mat Block)

+ Very good level up moves (the good moves come a bit late)

+ Good for a lot of leaders thanks to its wide range of level up moves

- Very frail, even with Protean's help

- Shortage of TMs, which is the main reason it's not S

Done~

Ambipom (ranked C-C-, feel free to challenge it if anyone's got different one)

Availability: before second gym Keta's, as overworld pokemon in route 2, initially on headbuttable tree also same route

Abilities: Technician preferably, Pick Up if you are an item hoader(a bug in Pick Up makes this obsolete too), there are mons that perform better with skill link namely Cinccino once it is available, DoubleSlap and Fury Swipes are unreliable for Skill Link

Stat: Stat wise, Ambipom is a pretty fast and hard hitting mon but only in early game, you might find it lost among the plethora of other normal types, there is just not much going for it

Moves:Nasty Plot, Double Hit, Tickle, Stacking Shot and Shadow Claw by TMs, Fake Out breedable from Skitty

Usefulness: Keta is out of the question, and with leveling up the only move that is remotely usable is Double Hit, and it cant touch any of Narcissa's mons without shadow claw which is unfortunately not STAB and 70 BP with no boost from Technician not to mention the availabilty post Narcissa gym~ Fake Out without Normal Gem is not recommendable in game, only useful in competitive setting~You may find it having some usefulness in marianette's gym, stacking shot is learnable and with technician boost, it can pack a punch in the gym, but that's it~It's ill-advised to use Ambipom in Valerie,Crawli, Angie and Amber, reason being its fraility and lack of wallbreaking moves in Crawli's case~ Nasty Plot is a good set up if you truely love this four-handed monkey enough to render it a special attacker, but with lack of special TMs currently, it's a no-go

Side note: It only learns Cut and Strength for HMs, and yes, Cut gets amplified by Teechnician but I wouldnt recommend it, there's hardly any cuttable trees in the game, leave it to the professionals(Bibarel), the only outside battle use it has going for is Pick up hoarding(see abilities)~

Edited by TimTim

Ambipom (ranked C-C-, feel free to challenge it if anyone's got different one)

Availability: before second gym Keta's, as overworld pokemon in route 2, initially on headbuttable tree also same route

Abilities: Technician preferably, Pick Up if you are an item hoader(a bug in Pick Up makes this obsolete too), there are mons that perform better with skill link namely Cinccino once it is available, DoubleSlap and Fury Swipes are unreliable for Skill Link

Stat: Stat wise, Ambipom is a pretty fast and hard hitting mon but only in early game, you might find it lost among the plethora of other normal types, there is just not much going for it

Moves:Nasty Plot, Double Hit, Tickle, Stacking Shot and Shadow Claw by TMs, Fake Out breedable from Skitty

Usefulness: Keta is out of the question, and with leveling up the only move that is remotely usable is Double Hit, and it cant touch any of Narcissa's mons without shadow claw which is unfortunately not STAB and 70 BP with no boost from Technician not to mention the availabilty post Narcissa gym~ Fake Out without Normal Gem is not recommendable in game, only useful in competitive setting~You may find it having some usefulness in marianette's gym, stacking shot is learnable and with technician boost, it can pack a punch in the gym, but that's it~It's ill-advised to use Ambipom in Valerie,Crawli, Angie and Amber, reason being its fraility and lack of wallbreaking moves in Crawli's case~ Nasty Plot is a good set up if you truely love this four-handed monkey enough to render it a special attacker, but with lack of special TMs currently, it's a no-go

Side note: It only learns Cut and Strength for HMs, and yes, Cut gets amplified by Teechnician but I wouldnt recommend it, there's hardly any cuttable trees in the game, leave it to the professionals(Bibarel), the only outside battle use it has going for is Pick up hoarding(see abilities)~

Done~ I did add Last Resort since that's it's most powerful Normal STAB, but I agree that this should be C Rank until it can finally get some nice moves.

Feraligatr (B Rank)

+Before Gym 1, Venam.
+Sheer Force is a great ability especially with Feraligatr.
+Good Attack and Defense.
+Movepool who benefit a lot from it's HA : Ice Punch (Breed) , Crunch , Dragon Dance (Breed) , Waterfall , Aqua Jet (Breed) , Superpower.

+Evolve earlier than the other starters
-Doesn't learn a good physical water type move till the level 63.
-Pretty slow that's when Agility can become handy
-One of it's strongest stab move (Waterfall) isn't available yet which weaken him a bit.

Edited by Reverse

Done~ I did add Last Resort since that's it's most powerful Normal STAB, but I agree that this should be C Rank until it can finally get some nice moves.

yeah, i had considered it, but the condition to fulfill for the use of Last Resort is after other three moves have been used once, and it cant last long enough to use Last Resort~

Nidoking for A
Obtainable: Before gym 1; in the grass in gearan city, uncommon.
Abilities: Sheer Force gives it that extra fire power that makes it a force to be reckoned with. Hustle is also a novel approach when its pre-evo'd. low risk, high reward.
Moves: Poison Sweep (strong, reliable stab you get early in the game), Poison Jab, Sludge Wave/Bomb, Dig, Earth Power, Megahorn, Toxic Spikes, Sucker Punch (breed), Surf, other powerful sheer force boosted tms that aren't released yet :P
Useful for: Venam (hustle nidorino was my main way of defeating her on insane.), Keta (should be able to take on at least two of his members.), Marianette(tspikes helps, should be able to whittle with double kick and poison sweep.), Narcissa (kind of useless in this matchup, but tspikes always helps.), Valerie (tspikes and ground moves are rendered useless, could only outspeed slowbro in her field effect so nadda.), Crawli (should do some work, great team player.), Angie (a hardhitter against her, but the opposite is also true. not completely useless though.) Amber (very useful, just need a competent pkmn to partner it with and you're good.) Nidoking will also help you in a lot of boss battles.
Summary: Overall, a really solid teammate you can count on that will be almost as reliable as your starter throughout your journey. Can be a very potent mixed-attacker and isn't terribly frail, with a nice defensive typing to compliment its acceptable bulk. Just is really well-balanced as a whole in terms of stats, typing, movepool and ability. You could choose not to evolve nidorino until level 43 for poison jab, but you can get sludge bomb/wave later so it's not a big deal.

Nidoking for A

Abilities: Sheer Force gives it that extra fire power that makes it a force to be reckoned with. Hustle is also a novel approach when its pre-evo'd. low risk, high reward.

Moves: Poison Sweep (strong, reliable stab you get early in the game), Poison Jab, Sludge Wave/Bomb, Dig, Earth Power, Megahorn, Toxic Spikes, Sucker Punch (breed), Surf, other powerful sheer force boosted tms that aren't released yet :P

Useful for: Venam (hustle nidorino was my main way of defeating her on insane.), Keta (should be able to take on at least two of his members.), Marianette(tspikes helps, should be able to whittle with double kick and poison sweep.), Narcissa (kind of useless in this matchup, but tspikes always helps.), Valerie (tspikes and ground moves are rendered useless, could only outspeed slowbro in her field effect so nadda.), Crawli (should do some work, great team player.), Angie (a hardhitter against her, but the opposite is also true. not completely useless though.) Amber (very useful, just need a competent pkmn to partner it with and you're good.) Nidoking will also help you in a lot of boss battles.

Summary: Overall, a really solid teammate you can count on that will be almost as reliable as your starter throughout your journey. Can be a very potent mixed-attacker and isn't terribly frail, with a nice defensive typing to compliment its acceptable bulk. Just is really well-balanced as a whole in terms of stats, typing, movepool and ability. You could choose not to evolve nidorino until level 43 for poison jab, but you can get sludge bomb/wave later so it's not a big deal.

I would like to add on to this post by mentioning Nidoqueen. While being slightly less powerful than the King, the Queen makes up for this in the added bulk (+10 in each Defense & HP). One downside is the lack of Poison Jab so you gotta stick with Poison Fang/Sweep until you get the Bomb/Wave TMs, however; Queen has Superpower w/o a Tutor which could come in handy for Angie where these two would be less desirable to use. I run Toxic Spikes / Sludge Wave / Earth Power / Superpower. Bloo already covered most of the points and I feel that Queen should join King in A Rank. So to recap, The somewhat negligible drop in power is made up in the very noticeable bulk gain. The same battles that King is useful for applies here as well except Queen has a little edge over Angie due to Superpower. Once Ice Beam gets introduced, these two will become even stronger!

Please reserve Typhlosion for me.

Edited by ShadowStar77

Feraligatr (B Rank can be changed)

+Before Gym 1, Venam.

+Sheer Force is a great ability especially with Feraligatr.

+Good Attack and Defense.

+Movepool who benefit a lot from it's HA : Ice Punch (Breed) , Crunch , Dragon Dance (Breed) , Waterfall , Aqua Jet (Breed) , Superpower.

+Evolve earlier than the other starters

-Doesn't learn a good physical water type move till the level 63.

-Pretty slow that's when Agility can become handy

-One of it's strongest stab move (Waterfall) isn't available yet which weaken him a bit.

Nidoking for A

I would like to add on to this post by mentioning Nidoqueen. While being slightly less powerful than the King, the Queen makes up for this in the added bulk (+10 in each Defense & HP). One downside is the lack of Poison Jab so you gotta stick with Poison Fang/Sweep until you get the Bomb/Wave TMs, however; Queen has Superpower w/o a Tutor which could come in handy for Angie where these two would be less desirable to use. I run Toxic Spikes / Sludge Wave / Earth Power / Superpower. Bloo already covered most of the points and I feel that Queen should join King in A Rank. So to recap, The somewhat negligible drop in power is made up in the very noticeable bulk gain. The same battles that King is useful for applies here as well except Queen has a little edge over Angie due to Superpower. Once Ice Beam gets introduced, these two will become even stronger!

Please reserve Typhlosion for me.

Done, merged Nidoking and Queen, reserved.

also hariyama spoiler broke :c

157.gif*Typhlosion (A to A+)*

- Available before Gym #1 (Limited Event / Starter).

- Moves: Eruption (Preferably Heart Scale), Flamethrower, Nature Power (Breed w/ Nuzleaf), Hidden Power (I Prefer Grass), Extrasensory (Breed w/ Nuzleaf), Magma Drift, Lava Plume, Smokescreen (Can help you "cheese" certain bosses).

- Ranking given primarily based on the massive usefulness of Eruption which Typhlosion can "re-learn" via Heart Scale at Level 36, however; Cyndaquil and Quilava have their uses beforehand.

*Gym By Gym Usefulness*

- Gym #1 (Poison): Not too spectacular due to being affected by the field. However; Ember does good damage with a not-hindering/beneficial Nature.

- Gym #2 (Fighting): Once again, Quilava isn't a complete counter to both fights for this Gym. Since a vast majority of the Leader's Pokemon use Physical Attacks, the Burn chance on Ember cold come in handy for minimizing this threat. Ember also deals good damage. Flame Wheel is a good choice as well becase the increase in BP can overwrite the Physical/Special Attack difference.

- Gym #3 (Normal): This is where things get fun. If you picked up the hidden Heart Scale, Typhlosion could get Eruption early. This move is very useful for all Pokemon that are slower than Typhlosion. I recommend a Timid Nature. Ember Burn could help if Slaking is OHKOing your entire team.

- Gym #4 (Ghost): Three moves are very helpful here: Eruption, Flame Charge, and Nature Power. Eruption is self-explanatory, Flame Charge is buffed by the Field and gets partial Ghost Typing. The speed raises come in handy to out-speed Mismagius and Gengar. Nature Power turns into Shadow Ball which is buffed by the field and Super Effective against everything besides Chandalure and Spiritomb.

- Gym #5 (Water): Sadly, Typhlosion sees little use. At the most, you could change the field with Misty Terrain or another Move and use HP Grass, however; this still isn't very useful.

- Gym #6 (Bug): Eruption is very good here. Use Flamethrower when you are not at high/full HP. Should make this fight pretty simple.

- Gym #7 (Ice): Although Fire-Type Moves are weakened in the Field, Eruption still deals high damage. To capitalize on this, Eruption ALSO gets rid of the field. However, the field will be put back up by the Leader's Signature-Move (Cold Truth).

- Gym #8 (Fire): Eruption makes this fight a cakewalk. Aside from the Leader's own Typhlosion, every Pokemon on the Leader's side fainted or nearly fainted

making it so my other Pokemon could finish it off.

- Future: I foresee more Eruptions~

- For HMs/Field Moves, Typhlosion is a good Magma Drift user. This could overwrite the Flamethrower slot in your Move-set.

- In conclusion, Typhlosion makes extremely good use of it's small move-pool and is great at taking advantage of the Field Effect System. Typhlosion becomes very good once it evolves and "re-learns" Eruption. Typhlosion is all about Out-Speeding and OHKOing opponents;

- Put A/A+ because I would rather be modest about my rankings than ranking a Pokemon higher than some may think it deserves. Posters in this thread can debate weather Typhlosion deserves A+ rather than A.

- Thanks for reading! #pigswag

Gonna move on to Heliolisk later. Please reserve for me~

Edited by ShadowStar77

So, i havent seen anyone doing Manectric, can i reserve a spot for Manectric? Thank you~

Reserved!

157.gif*Typhlosion (A to A+)*

- Available before Gym #1 (Limited Event / Starter).

- Moves: Eruption (Preferably Heart Scale), Flamethrower, Nature Power (Breed w/ Nuzleaf), Hidden Power (I Prefer Grass), Extrasensory (Breed w/ Nuzleaf), Magma Drift, Lava Plume, Smokescreen (Can help you "cheese" certain bosses).

- Ranking given primarily based on the massive usefulness of Eruption which Typhlosion can "re-learn" via Heart Scale at Level 36, however; Cyndaquil and Quilava have their uses beforehand.

*Gym By Gym Usefulness*

- Gym #1 (Poison): Not too spectacular due to being affected by the field. However; Ember does good damage with a not-hindering/beneficial Nature.

- Gym #2 (Fighting): Once again, Quilava isn't a complete counter to both fights for this Gym. Since a vast majority of the Leader's Pokemon use Physical Attacks, the Burn chance on Ember cold come in handy for minimizing this threat. Ember also deals good damage. Flame Wheel is a good choice as well becase the increase in BP can overwrite the Physical/Special Attack difference.

- Gym #3 (Normal): This is where things get fun. If you picked up the hidden Heart Scale, Typhlosion could get Eruption early. This move is very useful for all Pokemon that are slower than Typhlosion. I recommend a Timid Nature. Ember Burn could help if Slaking is OHKOing your entire team.

- Gym #4 (Ghost): Three moves are very helpful here: Eruption, Flame Charge, and Nature Power. Eruption is self-explanatory, Flame Charge is buffed by the Field and gets partial Ghost Typing. The speed raises come in handy to out-speed Mismagius and Gengar. Nature Power turns into Shadow Ball which is buffed by the field and Super Effective against everything besides Chandalure and Spiritomb.

- Gym #5 (Water): Sadly, Typhlosion sees little use. At the most, you could change the field with Misty Terrain or another Move and use HP Grass, however; this still isn't very useful.

- Gym #6 (Bug): Eruption is very good here. Use Flamethrower when you are not at high/full HP. Should make this fight pretty simple.

- Gym #7 (Ice): Although Fire-Type Moves are weakened in the Field, Eruption still deals high damage. To capitalize on this, Eruption ALSO gets rid of the field. However, the field will be put back up by the Leader's Signature-Move (Cold Truth).

- Gym #8 (Fire): Eruption makes this fight a cakewalk. Aside from the Leader's own Typhlosion, every Pokemon on the Leader's side fainted or nearly fainted

making it so my other Pokemon could finish it off.

- Future: I foresee more Eruptions~

- For HMs/Field Moves, Typhlosion is a good Magma Drift user. This could overwrite the Flamethrower slot in your Move-set.

- In conclusion, Typhlosion makes extremely good use of it's small move-pool and is great at taking advantage of the Field Effect System. Typhlosion becomes very good once it evolves and "re-learns" Eruption. Typhlosion is all about Out-Speeding and OHKOing opponents;

- Put A/A+ because I would rather be modest about my rankings than ranking a Pokemon higher than some may think it deserves. Posters in this thread can debate weather Typhlosion deserves A+ rather than A.

- Thanks for reading! #pigswag

Gonna move on to Heliolisk later. Please reserve for me~

Done, and reserved~

Manectric B- or C+(personally i lean more towards latter, B range is just too good for it for now)

Availability:After Venam's gym at Chrisola hotel, only one as event mon

Abilities: Lightning Rod is obviously the one you go for(Valarie's Lanturn/R-wash), Static is too situational, Minus bears no merit in game even in double battles as no one use Plus

Movepools/Moveset: Fire Fang, Bite, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Wild Charge, by TM Magma Drift, egg moves Crunch (pangoro), Electro Ball(Emolga), Ice Fang (Walrein, Mamoswine)

usefulness

+Early availability

+consider early game fast mon, enough to outspeed many early threats

+good as a support parahax mon, especially in handling Keta's and Narcissa fast mons, also destructive to Valarie's gym because of field effect except R-wash and Lanturn, also it is able to learn Light Screen if light screen exists

+among the few non fire types which learns Magma Drift, not only for outside battle use but also for Angie's battle

+pure electric typing is actually good with only one weakness which is fairly uncommon in Rejuv

-movepools are still not wide enough for coverage

-abysmal bulk with 75/60/60, even neutral damage may still be devastating, physical attack is subpar, cannot make full use of Wild Charge which is among the best physical electric STAB out there

- Ampharos, Zebstrika and Emolga(either better speed tier, movepool, bulk or typing) exist

-Discharge destroys opponent's as well as oneself's own ally in Double Battles, unless you or ally have ground type(which is situational in Amber's gym with her Charizard)~

Also, I dont know if Cleffa is really not available in game, i got my Cleffa in Route 2(in V6) but the availability chart says it doesnt exist, anyway, if it checks out to be existed, i would also like to make reservation for Clefable~

Edited by TimTim