Phantasy Star Online 2

Amethyst

• Administrators

So it's come to my attention that there's actually a wider range of people interested in this game than I thought, and that number seems to be increasing, so I figured I'd do this thing as a general discussion topic.

Knock yourselves out.

For those who aren't familiar with PSO2:

It's a free-to-play MMORPG with strong graphics and the best combat system that I for one have seen in an MMO. However, it hasn't been released outside of Asia. Nonetheless, the game is half fan-translated and the region block can be gotten around. Instructions for those interested in trying it here:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236

PS: Oh yeah, we play on Ship 2. Oops.

Usernames in order of submission:

Code: PIRULUK - アクイ エストリーク

Eterenal Edge - EternalEdge

Ikaru - IkaruKazuna

2tousent - 2tousent

Dobby - DobbytheElf

Regarding the team:

For those of you who already are on PSO or are looking to start playing soon, we also have a team you can join. We're currently working on expanding it and once we gain enough TP buffs such as EXP and Rare Drop (KOI KOI) Boosts will become active for all users.

If you are interested in joining whether it be for future buffs or just to be mildly social with other people you know in the team chat, feel free to ask any of these people for an invite

ZEZrZzv.png

* Adelaide aka Inuki aka fuccboi

* Suzuya aka Tony aka dos fuccboi

* Yokoi

* Ikaru

* Lloyd

On another note, if you do want in the team, don't be an issue. We come on to play the game and have a good time and I will remove people from the team if someone starts drama or is just overall insufferable. So overall if you want to join, participate in a chat with Reborn users whether idly or for help, or just want to work towards some nifty keen buffs, feel free to hit one of us up.

Also

~Wes

I'm currently running it pretty well on low settings on my laptop, so if you have to spare time to just have it downloading in the background, you should be good.

On another note, we all play on Ship 2 like the guide says.

I'm currently running it pretty well on low settings on my laptop, so if you have to spare time to just have it downloading in the background, you should be good.

On another note, we all play on Ship 2 like the guide says.

Laptop specs?

My processor is a little weaker and I have half the allocated RAM.

Which means I can't multitask when playing. Conundrum

yeah mine is 4gb RAM and I think the processor was a little over 2Ghz. You think I can run it?

EDIT: Checked min specs, says I can but I don't know how to download it x.x I followed the thing and it gave me a torrent file and I don't know what torrent files are and I have no program to open them

Edited by Juuzou

• Support Squad

yeah mine is 4gb RAM and I think the processor was a little over 2Ghz. You think I can run it?

EDIT: Checked min specs, says I can but I don't know how to download it x.x I followed the thing and it gave me a torrent file and I don't know what torrent files are and I have no program to open them

You have to use something called Utorrent, one of the better torrenting programs to my knowledge. Torrenting, to my knowledge, is a way of downloading things freely by downloading small packets of data from people around the world who have torrented and are seeding the program you want. I can't specifically remember the benefits outside of something to do with legality.

If you can run it, I can and I ~know~ I can run a somewhat less intensive mmo pretty well. You'll just have to cut some quality corners like me and make sure you're dedicating your RAM to it by not running anything else at the same time.

You have to use something called Utorrent, one of the better torrenting programs to my knowledge. Torrenting, to my knowledge, is a way of downloading things freely by downloading small packets of data from people around the world who have torrented and are seeding the program you want. I can't specifically remember the benefits outside of something to do with legality.

If you can run it, I can and I ~know~ I can run a somewhat less intensive mmo pretty well. You'll just have to cut some quality corners like me and make sure you're dedicating your RAM to it by not running anything else at the same time.

*plays League of Legends on minimum graphics settings*

*still takes 10 minutes to load in to the game*

• Support Squad

*plays League of Legends on minimum graphics settings*

*still takes 10 minutes to load in to the game*

Loading into the game is different mang, especially with league where most of it is the same everytime it loads the map. It just means your internet is shite.

As a note to this, torrenting is 100% legal as long as you aren't using it acquire something that would normally be illegal to gain without purchasing the license for the item. Since PSO2 is not a purchasable product it is legal to download it in this way. There are more technicalities to do with the legality of a torrent, but this sit he simplest way I can think of to explain it. >>

also my ign is EternalEdge

• Administrators

Uhhhh can we post IGNs or something so it's easier to find each other?

My IGN is アクイ エストリーク

IkaruKazuna, big surprise

As a note to this, torrenting is 100% legal as long as you aren't using it acquire something that would normally be illegal to gain without purchasing the license for the item. Since PSO2 is not a purchasable product it is legal to download it in this way. There are more technicalities to do with the legality of a torrent, but this sit he simplest way I can think of to explain it. >>

basically this and in fact the official site itself offers a torrent link for downloading (or, at least, the SEA version did (because i was able to access it and, you know, read it, for all the two days it wasn't blocked)) so that's fine, granted, we obviously can't use that

If it tells you anything, Ikaru manages to play the game, and his computer tries to commit sudoku on a daily basis

that looks like a crapload of work...

It is and isn't, and most of it is one-time only.

• Support Squad

I ~will~ Be DobbyTheElf or some variant of. I can't imagine anyone having THAT particular name in this player base, I hope.

I'll be playing (Hopefuly) tomorrow once I finish watching a Full chrono Trigger stream

Well.. I'm sick of pokémon X already (had it for 3 days) Might as well try this out now :D

A good advertising pitch for Utorrent,

"Utorrent download: Now in torrent form!"

EDIT: 24.5 GB

Almost 1 GB done

Only took 15 minutes..

Quick math = 375 minutes = nearly 6.5 hours x.x

Edited by Juuzou

• Support Squad

Well.. I'm sick of pokémon X already (had it for 3 days) Might as well try this out now :D

A good advertising pitch for Utorrent,

"Utorrent download: Now in torrent form!"

EDIT: 24.5 GB

Almost 1 GB done

Only took 15 minutes..

Quick math = 375 minutes = nearly 6.5 hours x.x

I started this process friday afternoon. I finished noon sunday.

• Support Squad

You mean to tell me..

348e2f1ee40572822a4fa7e671c4bca3.png

I have better internet than someone else??? 0_0

Oh, that isn't al you have to do buddy. There are several reasons I took so long, including confusion and letting my laptop cool off after being on for waaay too long

Oh, that isn't al you have to do buddy. There are several reasons I took so long, including confusion and letting my laptop cool off after being on for waaay too long

My laptop isn't even phazed by having to be on all of Saturday and today (just a normal day for it honestly). However my internet can get crappy because everybody in my household likes to watch netflix at the same time. So glad I'm almost done with all these tweaker files (seriously where did that 9 GB even come from).