Pokemon Revolution

Should each legendary have a theme or just a legendary theme overall. That will reflect what music I will find for this. If it is individual we can find something for each legendary based on what their themes are. However that would take a lot of time and we risk copyright issues depending on how many legendaries we will be fighting. If it is an overall theme, I have something in mind but I will keep looking for other songs.

Thats...a good question. I'd like for them to each have their own theme (trio's like the lake trio sharing one, of course) but this brings up a few things.

1) Space. Having 18 separate gym leader themes, plus all the overworld and atmospheric music takes up space. I don't want the game to be super large and take up tons of space because of music.Which means I might have to scrap some of the gym (building) themes I was thinking about.

2) Repetition. So some themes for the leaders are legendary battle remixes. I could theoretically re-use these for their respective legendaries. I just hope people enjoy hearing it the second time around.

This also works the reverse way, having just one theme would get pretty old fast. I'd like to hear what it is though. And the search for legendary music won't pick up until we reach a point in the story where it'll be used. We'll add music as we update, for the new areas.

I love how Kyler is the first of these guys we fight, but has either the most or second-most intimidating theme(imo).

Actually, Snow, I want your opinion on a few themes I found on Newgrounds and OCRemix. I'd rather not have that Zygarde theme because I don't really like ElectricMudkip's style. So, if you think any of these would fit could you replace the theme? If not, I guess I'll just stick with the Z dragon.

Ones from Newgrounds(Links because I don't think embedding these would work here):

Battle in the Sky by DesoloZ: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/547854

Rise of the Phoenix by EagleGuard and IAmWhatUFear: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/539534

Skyfighters by kopacetic: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/509865

And the one I found on OCRemix.

Mega Man X 'Airbased' [storm Eagle Stage] by Chikusho Sound Team

Sure! I posted that list for this very reason: if people are unhappy with their themes they should suggest new ones to me. I think the Rise of the Phoenix fits best, is that okay?

Also, I'm wondering if we have any desert areas in the region, because I've found a lot of desert sounding music. Also I've found some good area themes for the Dark/psychic/Ghost region. Although I should probably focus on the Grass region for now.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot, themes...

I don't listen to much gaming oriented music outside of actual gaming, so I would like to take Snow up on his offer to potentially find me some fire music, if it's not too much trouble...

Sure! I posted that list for this very reason: if people are unhappy with their themes they should suggest new ones to me. I think the Rise of the Phoenix fits best, is that okay?

Hell yeah! Rise of the Phoenix kicks ass! I was worried it might not be too fitting because of it sounding a bit too heroic. Which is why I tried to find some alternatives.

Edited by aquawaffle

Why am I still awake?

Shoot, themes...

I don't listen to much gaming oriented music outside of actual gaming, so I would like to take Snow up on his offer to potentially find me some fire music, if it's not too much trouble...

So it turns out that finding fiery music is about aa hard as flying was. This time it's not because I don't know what to look for, but because there really isn't much out there.

I'll keep looking! Don't worry!

possible theme for rochelle?

thank god this doesn't have the fights sound effects in it....

Ehhhh. Listened to the first few minutes. Not very battle-y, but might make a nice area theme. Then again, haven't heard all of it. Too tired. Goodnight

Eh, the reason I didn't really pick any theme for my leader was because I prefer one theme for all leaders (and maybe a total of five different boss themes). It's my general belief that a having theme creates a certain mood of suspense right when that first note hits (think about hearing the Reborn gym leader theme the first time on how it stays true to that). The other reason is that there's a good chance you're going to have 15-20 other battle themes along with 80-200 atmosphere and scenario themes.

I believe the use of repetition in sound is a useful and very effective tool, but to each his own. Though if you are going to do individual battle themes, I suppose XD's wild battle theme would work. Again, my focus is on story because once this project starts, that portion cannot be changed.

And...am I the only one who sees this fairy idea as very unfitting. Fairies are generally viewed as mystical and magical and not really known for strength and power. I mean yes, they are quite powerful, but when you look at the overall picture, they are some of the weakest legendaries. The little info I have on Team Ultima counteracts this concept. They are machine and highly tech-based and quite power hungry. Just kind of feels weird they'd target the cutesy legendaries instead of something...I don't know...can create a Hurricane with the flap of its wings, Revive Pokemon from the dead, or rip a portal to another dimension.

Actually, I think I might know a(at least somewhat) decent theme for Drymus.

It's the Volcano battle theme from Monster Hunter Tri and 3 Ultimate.

What do you think?

I like it a lot, personally.

Sounds intense o_o. Then again, fire is known to be dangerous, and I've heard something about cannon collections, so if you guys like it, then sure, why not?

I'm back for a while, here was my battle theme

and here was my over world theme

You and your Cytus

Wait, so are these your current battle themes or your past selections? Also, I think the overworld one fits better as a battle theme. I was sorta planning on just one encounter theme for the admins...

first one was intended for me -_- I am serious. I will back with the post with jamaka real themes,

Ninja'd

So yours is the FF one?

Eh, the reason I didn't really pick any theme for my leader was because I prefer one theme for all leaders (and maybe a total of five different boss themes). It's my general belief that a having theme creates a certain mood of suspense right when that first note hits (think about hearing the Reborn gym leader theme the first time on how it stays true to that). The other reason is that there's a good chance you're going to have 15-20 other battle themes along with 80-200 atmosphere and scenario themes.

I believe the use of repetition in sound is a useful and very effective tool, but to each his own. Though if you are going to do individual battle themes, I suppose XD's wild battle theme would work. Again, my focus is on story because once this project starts, that portion cannot be changed.

This is how I felt at first, but then, after thinking about it and reading about some of the characters, I thought it was a good idea. Reborn's gym theme is great, but it fits the style and atmosphere of the game, dark, mysterious, and (in)tense. I feel like, overall, this game will be a bit lighter than Reborn is (it'll have it's moments). And finding an overarching leader theme just doesn't seem right, like it won't fit all the characters and their personalities. It would be harder to find one theme than it is finding individual themes.

And add to that the fact that no other game has done something like this before, it just makes this game special.

Space is an issue though.

I am no programer but is there a limit to how much space we have for the game. Assuming there is no limit, which I know there is but for argument's sake let's just say there isn't, would that affect gameplay at all or would it just affect how long the person would take in order to download? But realistically speaking how much space do we have for this kind of game?

I am no programer but is there a limit to how much space we have for the game. Assuming there is no limit, which I know there is but for argument's sake let's just say there isn't, would that affect gameplay at all or would it just affect how long the person would take in order to download? But realistically speaking how much space do we have for this kind of game?

There's no limit to space, but it should take longer to download, since more things to download needs more time. The first version of Revolution, if it has 1 Gym, should theoretically take around the same amount of time as version 1 of Reborn or Rejuvenation.

Sounds intense o_o. Then again, fire is known to be dangerous, and I've heard something about cannon collections, so if you guys like it, then sure, why not?

You and your Cytus

Wait, so are these your current battle themes or your past selections? Also, I think the overworld one fits better as a battle theme. I was sorta planning on just one encounter theme for the admins...

So yours is the FF one?

This is how I felt at first, but then, after thinking about it and reading about some of the characters, I thought it was a good idea. Reborn's gym theme is great, but it fits the style and atmosphere of the game, dark, mysterious, and (in)tense. I feel like, overall, this game will be a bit lighter than Reborn is (it'll have it's moments). And finding an overarching leader theme just doesn't seem right, like it won't fit all the characters and their personalities. It would be harder to find one theme than it is finding individual themes.

And add to that the fact that no other game has done something like this before, it just makes this game special.

Space is an issue though.

Fine. Fine. I'm not telling you what you can and cannot do. I just wanted to throw the idea that some of the bosses and gym leaders could share themes to cut back in that area. And don't worry too much on space. 4 GB is probably the total size of a completed project would be if you include all that music (though it'd likely be 2). And Tempo, I'd make sure the size of this wouldn't exceed Reborn's (which isn't hard to do) so that it doesn't take forever to download.

I'll let ya'll take care of that other stuff with little discussion as my big focus on the story. If you want to know progress, I'd say we may have scratched the surface of a possible idea and everything is still subject to change (even Jacob's E4 idea). And snow, it's not unusual having this many people working on a project. Often, there are more than one scenario writer for different sections on a game, but almost always there's somebody who shapes the big picture with any ideas presented. Still don't even have nearly enough materials to craft up a rough draft, but it's getting close. (I still have nothing to work with for Team Ultima to the point I may suggest scrapping huge sections of it due to the lack of content). I hate to be cruel, but unless those admins (outside of Trevor) give me heavy details on what they are and how they function (ie leadership skills and personality), it'd be much easier to just grab a couple of you, scrap every current member of Ultima and create members needed to fulfill the requirements of their storyline.

Fine. Fine. I'm not telling you what you can and cannot do. I just wanted to throw the idea that some of the bosses and gym leaders could share themes to cut back in that area. And don't worry too much on space. 4 GB is probably the total size of a completed project would be if you include all that music (though it'd likely be 2). And Tempo, I'd make sure the size of this wouldn't exceed Reborn's (which isn't hard to do) so that it doesn't take forever to download.

Yeah, I get it. I actually did propose the idea of leaders doubling up on themes, but I don't think anyone liked it. We'll cross those bridges when we get there. For now, let's get the story together.

Snow, we can use Leviathan for my NB battle theme and scratch Precipitation if you want. But Storia? (need conformation) is my GL theme, correct?

So the way your theme works is kinda weird. It all depends on whether or not the protag knows your leader is evil. If not, I think Anima or Halycon (and I put Halycon in the theme post I did last night), but if they do know that he's evil, Storia would be good. As FOr your BN theme... Give me a little time on that one.

So the way your theme works is kinda weird. It all depends on whether or not the protag knows your leader is evil. If not, I think Anima or Halycon (and I put Halycon in the theme post I did last night), but if they do know that he's evil, Storia would be good. As FOr your BN theme... Give me a little time on that one.

Alright, for the most part as long as it isn't glitch (we have enough of her tracks in here for my liking) I might not mind what my theme will be.

Alright, for the most part as long as it isn't glitch (we have enough of her tracks in here for my liking) I might not mind what my theme will be.

Yeah, let's use Leviathan. And trust me, I know about the whole GxC thing. As far as gym leaders and major battle themes go, we're done with her. Rivals are undecided and unclear, but I'm still looking. It'll be easier once I know what the characters are like. Already have two for the comedic guy, one for when he's good and one for when he's evil. Or xe, I forgot which is which.

For the tsundere girl I'm thinking of some kind of B2/W2 rival remix.

And for whoever is left... Maybe a remix of the RSE rival? Since he/xe is supposed to be nice and all. If nothing else, I'll use the one from ORAS.

Wild pokemon and regular trainer battles... Ugh. Unless I find something else, it'll probably end up being Glitch, sorry.

Are we going to use GxC music for atmosphere, or just some battles? Aside from the Admins' Overworld themes (If there's still going to be more than one), we don't have a clue what kind of atmosphere music we're going to be using.

HOLY Bleep! I have been away for so many pages of posts and I'm so sorry for that everyone. if you need anything from me, please let me know but I will be going through everything I missed over the night later so again i'm sorry but i'll catch up. ;D

Have a great day/night.

P.S. stop changing your names. I was like who is this Solarance lol then saw the trainer card and was oh it's jamaka but dang. ;P

P.S.S Even though I missed lots, I'll be sure to multiquote (if I can learn how geez) and give my opinion on lots of things so don't worry. ;D

Edited by pbood2