Pokemon Revolution

I'm doing some research now. I have some good and some bad news. The bad news is that apparently Nintendo is VERY protective of their music. I don't think this means we can't use it, I'm not sure. I'll keep looking. However, the good news is there are some titles which are safe from this protection (huh. Weird phrasing). These are pokemon and Xenoblade. Edit: Kid Icarus Uprising too

Will keep you posted on what I find

Nintendo is very protective of a lot of things. A lot of companies (especially bigger) are. The odds at this point in time are very slim to the point nobody would really notice. I just noticed you were using music outside of remixes which does bring concerns. There have been a few cases such as Pokemon MMO and the one innovative Pokemon game getting shut down so be prepared for it. The chances are very slim, but it can happen.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I found something. This is Nintendo's stance on usage of game/website/graphic/music usage.

We appreciate the interest in Nintendo and in all our video game products. To us, it represents a great sign of success and recognition of the Nintendo brand.

"Nintendo" is a registered trademark of Nintendo of America Inc. Nintendo owns extensive intellectual property rights in all of its products, including video game systems, game titles, characters, game software, graphics, artwork, and screen shots. Nintendo also retains rights in content on Nintendo's web sites, including articles, artwork, screen shots and other files. Trademarks and copyrights for third-party games and characters are owned by the companies that market or license those products.

While we are grateful for all the requests for permission to use Nintendo properties, we are not able to grant such requests. We receive thousands of requests and we do not have adequate staffing to review them all. Therefore, our general policy is to decline requests for permission for the use of Nintendo properties.

Although we are not able to grant permission, use of Nintendo's properties without formal permission by Nintendo may still be allowed under the relevant laws of the particular jurisdiction involved. Thus, we encourage you to seek your own legal counsel if you have any questions about whether your particular proposed use is permitted without Nintendo's authorization. Nintendo cannot provide legal advice.

So now I need to find out what these "relevant laws" are.

Edit: I realise I don't actually know where to look for these. And we'll probably some uprising stuff, Lore. I know we have some Xenoblade already. That and it's our safest bet. Royalty free music is a thing. I know some good royalty free music.

Apparently Smash Bros music is complicated. Smash Bros is a collab. of a bunch of games, so since the music from it doesn't belong to ome specific game it can't be sold. I don't know about free usage.

Edited by SnowGlaceon

BREAKING NEWS!

Nintendo's full of bs. Like, real, hardcore bs. And they're greedy (wait that's just business never mind).

So from what I've gathered, I think we'll be okay as long as exactly $0.00 is made off of this. Cool.

I like the Cipher peon theme. Might be fitting for Team Ultima grunts. Might get an area theme out of there too. For now I'm going to do some extensive research on BGMs from Xenoblade, the shadow Pokemon games, and Kid Icarus. I've been through their music before, so it shouldn't take too long to find good ones to use. In fact, I have a few in my head already. There are 3 types of music we're using

1) Atmospheric

This is like city's and routes and surfing and stuff. Also emotional themes, like tension, sorrow, etc. Simply put, your overworld stuff. Also looking for gym themes for each gym. Like the building. These will likely be royalty free.

2) Encounter

A cross between overworld and battle. The name sort of explains itself, but to clarify it's the themes that play when you meet up with a rival or something like that.

3) Battle

Need I say more? Leaders, trainers, Rival's, the works.

I'll make a playlist of them and sort them out later. It's gonna be a long playlist. Also have to gather all the gym leader themes (though some might be cut/changed).

BREAKING NEWS!

Nintendo's full of bs. Like, real, hardcore bs. And they're greedy (wait that's just business never mind).

So from what I've gathered, I think we'll be okay as long as exactly $0.00 is made off of this. Cool.

I like the Cipher peon theme. Might be fitting for Team Ultima grunts. Might get an area theme out of there too. For now I'm going to do some extensive research on BGMs from Xenoblade, the shadow Pokemon games, and Kid Icarus. I've been through their music before, so it shouldn't take too long to find good ones to use. In fact, I have a few in my head already. There are 3 types of music we're using

1) Atmospheric

This is like city's and routes and surfing and stuff. Also emotional themes, like tension, sorrow, etc. Simply put, your overworld stuff. Also looking for gym themes for each gym. Like the building. These will likely be royalty free.

2) Encounter

A cross between overworld and battle. The name sort of explains itself, but to clarify it's the themes that play when you meet up with a rival or something like that.

3) Battle

Need I say more? Leaders, trainers, Rival's, the works.

I'll make a playlist of them and sort them out later. It's gonna be a long playlist. Also have to gather all the gym leader themes (though some might be cut/changed).

I don't need no moneez! So we'll be fine then. Thanks for helping with a playlist by the way. It's a dang big help.

I apologize sincerely for my 5 day absence. I've read over the thread up to here, and would like to post Incendia's answers to the questionnaire.

1. Is there anything your character likes to do outside of battling?

My idea of a good time is setting something on fire, or sabotaging a plan for comedic effect(good or bad, doesn't matter). I am often away from the gym seeking entertainment.

2. A trainer comes to challenge your gym with only a lv 1 Rattata. What do you do?

Well, as a general rule I accept challenges whenever I am at my gym... Gonna be pretty boring though...

3. The same trainer challenges you and is beaten with ease. He seems kind of bummed out. How do you react?

I tell him to buzz off and come back when he can provide some entertainment.

4. A different trainer challenges you and he completely sweeps you with ease. After recieving a badge, he yells, "Wow, what a scrub. Glad the other gym leaders aren't as pathetic as you." (Eh...I tried. You get the point though right?)

That's one of the reasons why I collect cannons.

5. What is your favorite season/climate?

Fall. The colours of the forest remind me of fire. Also, it's easier to start fires with all of these dried leaves on the ground.

6. Is there any type of music that's your favorite? (ie Rock, Rap, Metal)

I'm neutral to basically any kind of music, but prefer faster music.

7. What does strength mean to you?

The stronger the sides in a conflict are, the more interesting it is to watch.

8. There's a terrorist attack in your city. They have hostages trapped in a building and ask to give into their demand. What do you do?

I'm probably not in my city. But if I am, I also have my cannons.

9. Is there any love interest in your life?

(Leaving this one blank for now. I noticed someone else speculating about a potential love interest between Incendia and Snow, so I'll see where that goes)

10. Would you care for a battle right now?

Depends. How interesting is your team.

Also, since I've been moved to the seventh gym, could I ask what the level range will be, and whether or not I will be allowed a Mega?

Holy Virgin Mary mother of the Lord and Savior sweet baby Jesus Christ almighty I'm tired. But I've been theme hunting and boy have I found stuff. I even found something for Aquawaffle! After listening to 300+ themes from pokemon, Xenoblade, Kid Icarus, and the Shadow games, with forays into Kingdom Hearts and Cytus, I've found a ton of good stuff. A ton of atmospheric themes for several enviroments, a good amount of battle themes, and a surprisingly low amount of encounter themes. That said, after all my searching, I haven't yet found themes for a few types.

I'll post a list of gym leader battle themes tomorrow (or later today I guess). And I'll let you know which ones I've changed and which ones I'm missing.

Now what's next on my music hunting list... Ah, gym atmospheres! So basically the music that plays in the gyms will be different. There's probably only gonna be eight or nine as opposed to 18.

Finally, I've gathered some music from the actual games. So far only a few, Black city and two from mystery dungeon. I might get more as time goes on. As for GxC remixes... There are a few. Maybe like 7, which isn't much compared to what I've gathered so far. Most are battle themes. I might get a route theme from her too (Looking at you, Route 15). I'll also probably need to get a basic trainer theme from her, and Maaybe wild pokemon. I haven't looked for those yet, but if I can't find anything else then I'll get them from her. My personal rule for her remixes is that I'll use the ones that haven't yet been in a fangame.

I apologize sincerely for my 5 day absence. I've read over the thread up to here, and would like to post Incendia's answers to the questionnaire.

1. Is there anything your character likes to do outside of battling?

My idea of a good time is setting something on fire, or sabotaging a plan for comedic effect(good or bad, doesn't matter). I am often away from the gym seeking entertainment.

2. A trainer comes to challenge your gym with only a lv 1 Rattata. What do you do?

Well, as a general rule I accept challenges whenever I am at my gym... Gonna be pretty boring though...

3. The same trainer challenges you and is beaten with ease. He seems kind of bummed out. How do you react?

I tell him to buzz off and come back when he can provide some entertainment.

4. A different trainer challenges you and he completely sweeps you with ease. After recieving a badge, he yells, "Wow, what a scrub. Glad the other gym leaders aren't as pathetic as you." (Eh...I tried. You get the point though right?)

That's one of the reasons why I collect cannons.

5. What is your favorite season/climate?

Fall. The colours of the forest remind me of fire. Also, it's easier to start fires with all of these dried leaves on the ground.

6. Is there any type of music that's your favorite? (ie Rock, Rap, Metal)

I'm neutral to basically any kind of music, but prefer faster music.

7. What does strength mean to you?

The stronger the sides in a conflict are, the more interesting it is to watch.

8. There's a terrorist attack in your city. They have hostages trapped in a building and ask to give into their demand. What do you do?

I'm probably not in my city. But if I am, I also have my cannons.

9. Is there any love interest in your life?

(Leaving this one blank for now. I noticed someone else speculating about a potential love interest between Incendia and Snow, so I'll see where that goes)

10. Would you care for a battle right now?

Depends. How interesting is your team.

Also, since I've been moved to the seventh gym, could I ask what the level range will be, and whether or not I will be allowed a Mega?

No apology required! Also I just realized that I'm gym 15(pray for perma-hail). We switched places. I still hope I can appear relatively early to help the player out of some scrapes.

So yeah, the fire and ice relationship. That'll be interesting, since it looks like you're character is kinda opposite of mine in some respects. For example, mine prefers to make quick plans and strategies for things, yours seems to prefer rushing in, guns a-blazing (literally). One thing though, my character hates BN, yours is indifferent. That might have to change part way through the story. How exactly their relationship will work, idk, but they say opposites attract (if they get past killing each other).

It's really cool to be a gym leader in a pokemon game! I hope my Blaziken will absolutely destroy everyone (including me when i get there), and it is also nice to finally see someone in a game with the same name as me the name "Joost" Is hardly used at all in the english language so no one in any kind of movie or game has the same name as me, now someone doesn't only have the same name he is me! (in a way) :) (I am the fighting type gym leader BTW)

Awesome Normal got moved to 14, that's great it really works with his story that way. Theres been so many new ideas posted and still trying to read them all lol, but I hope we can still integrate Ezel's story with all these great ideas (like with his Kingdom/wanting Arceus/potentially joining BN to pursue his goals). I'll be remaking the team later.

Also, while I may not be able to help too much in some aspects, I do want to offer my help somehow and not just offer ideas, becuase I believe this project is gonna be big. I have great competitive experience, so movesets and pokemon for certain areas/important battles I could totally cover if I'm allowed. I know a lot of people want to cover their own teams which is cool, so maybe I could plan for trainers, rivals, etc. and my storytelling skills are decent. Hope I can contribute somehow.

Holy Virgin Mary mother of the Lord and Savior sweet baby Jesus Christ almighty I'm tired. But I've been theme hunting and boy have I found stuff. I even found something for Aquawaffle! After listening to 300+ themes from pokemon, Xenoblade, Kid Icarus, and the Shadow games, with forays into Kingdom Hearts and Cytus, I've found a ton of good stuff. A ton of atmospheric themes for several enviroments, a good amount of battle themes, and a surprisingly low amount of encounter themes. That said, after all my searching, I haven't yet found themes for a few types.

I'll post a list of gym leader battle themes tomorrow (or later today I guess). And I'll let you know which ones I've changed and which ones I'm missing.

Interesting. I wonder if it's something I missed from the first three... or something from the latter two(I'm not particularly keen on KH, but I'll settle for anything at this point).

Okay, I've got an idea of how to introduce Team Ultima. The town of the first gym leader and the hometown are planned to be in the bottom right of the map, fairly remote area. What if Team Ultima set up an outpost near the first gym town? Perhaps they could be looking for the shrine that's in the hometown (Don't tell em! ;)) The gym leader could team up with the player allowing for a good doubles opportunity. Perhaps Kyler could do this before taking charge of the Radio Tower. I mean, he is the recon of the group so this could be an initial method of gathering info on Cresslia and Darkrai This could also be where the comedic rival could be 'persuaded' to join the evil team.

Yay! My character gets to do something useful! What I'd like to know is when and where they would set up this outpost. It seems like it would get noticed pretty quickly if it was too close to the town(a bunch of people in strange/sinister attire aren't exactly the most inconspicuous things in the world).

It's really cool to be a gym leader in a pokemon game! I hope my Blaziken will absolutely destroy everyone (including me when i get there), and it is also nice to finally see someone in a game with the same name as me the name "Joost" Is hardly used at all in the english language so no one in any kind of movie or game has the same name as me, now someone doesn't only have the same name he is me! (in a way) :) (I am the fighting type gym leader BTW)

Your name works too, since Joost sounds like Joust. One thing I wanted to talk to you about was your theme. You wanted the Deoxys remix, but I put that down for psychic in my list(since the one submitted for psychic wasn't really a battle theme). I don't know if you don't mind sharing the theme or if you have another one in mind. If I find something, I'll let you know.

Interesting. I wonder if it's something I missed from the first three... or something from the latter two(I'm not particularly keen on KH, but I'll settle for anything at this point).

Yay! My character gets to do something useful! What I'd like to know is when and where they would set up this outpost. It seems like it would get noticed pretty quickly if it was too close to the town(a bunch of people in strange/sinister attire aren't exactly the most inconspicuous things in the world).

Well, it's from pokemon in a way. A fanmade theme by Electric Mudkip. I think it fits well, not too epic like you're fighting the champion, but not slow at all either. The icing on the cake is the wind sound effects in the background during parts of it. Take a listen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NP-QTrwvhJ4

I have a new idea for the story. You know how Reborn has four artifacts that need to be brought together to bring forth Arceus? What if we had 5 Pokemon (One from each area), that when united, would create a source of ultimate unlimited power. Celebi for the forest, Jirachi for the mountains, Hoopa for the Spirit Wasteland, Manaphy for the oceans and Victini for the city in the middle. Not only would this give each area a specific purpose, but it would also give Team Ultima another reason to use the SUPREMEs. For example, they could use a SUPREME Weezing to spew poison gas to kill the trees and animals in the forest and make searching for Celebi a breeze. A toxic breeze that is.

P.S. Welcome back Drymus!

Edited by Jacobliterator

I have a new idea for the story. You know how Reborn has four artifacts that need to be brought together to bring forth Arceus? What if we had 5 Pokemon (One from each area), that when united, would create a source of ultimate unlimited power. Celebi for the forest, Jirachi for the mountains, Hoopa for the Spirit Wasteland, Manaphy for the oceans and Victini for the city in the middle. Not only would this give each area a specific purpose, but it would also give Team Ultima another reason to use the SUPREMEs. For example, they could use a SUPREME Weezing to spew poison gas to kill the trees and animals in the forest and make searching for Celebi a breeze. A toxic breeze that is.

I don't think the SUPREME Weezing would be necessary. I think your puns would do the job just as well.

Edit: Oh, right! I forgot to talk about this:

Well, it's from pokemon in a way. A fanmade theme by Electric Mudkip. I think it fits well, not too epic like you're fighting the champion, but not slow at all either. The icing on the cake is the wind sound effects in the background during parts of it. Take a listen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NP-QTrwvhJ4

Yeah, it seems to fit pretty well. I'm not too keen on ElectricMudkip's work, but the theme works so I wont complain.

Edited by aquawaffle

I slightly like this idea, as for the Weezing part, might as well probably make sprites of Ultima people in some kind of suit for the poison of they intend to keep people out.

So it wouldn't just be Cresselia and Darkrai, right? That would give Team Ultima a reason to explore every part of the region. We should also put Mew and Shaymin in there, too, but not bad!

We're still using the three Dragons, the two essences, and the scepter idea to bring forth Arceus, too, right?

Anyways, I'm also thinking that since the Trainer Card is like a Train Pass, why not have the badges be like the stamps?

Also, if being inside of the trains is an idea, then I was thinking maybe Team Ultima or the Black November could try hijacking the train when the main character gets to a certain point in the game. For example, if riding a train is needed to go into a different city, or even a region, the train could get hijacked, and it would be part of the story. The player would have to fight Team Ultima or the Black November in order to take back control of the train.

I forget how to do spoilers. x_x

Also for the SUPREME-Wailord idea from Commander, I'm actually starting to think that's a better idea than the Tentacruel idea I had. A gigantic Pokemon being made into a ship is pretty innovative. It would even be interesting for the heroes to go on it and stop Team Ultima and the Black November on it. Battling it, however, would be pretty interesting, too.

Before we make the sprites of Team Ultima wearing poison-proof suits, we still need an idea of what the grunts look like, and what logo they have. The Black November, already has a logo (If it's alright to use)

post-14474-0-68870400-1440039755_thumb.jpg

So it wouldn't just be Cresselia and Darkrai, right? That would give Team Ultima a reason to explore every part of the region. We should also put Mew and Shaymin in there, too, but not bad!

We're still using the three Dragons, the two essences, and the scepter idea to bring forth Arceus, too, right?

Anyways, I'm also thinking that since the Trainer Card is like a Train Pass, why not have the badges be like the stamps?

[spoiler!] Also, if being inside of the trains is an idea, then I was thinking maybe Team Ultima or the Black November could try hijacking the train when the main character gets to a certain point in the game. For example, if riding a train is needed to go into a different city, or even a region, the train could get hijacked, and it would be part of the story. The player would have to fight Team Ultima or the Black November in order to take back control of the train. [\spoiler!] I forget how to do spoilers. x_x

Also for the SUPREME-Wailord idea from Commander, I'm actually starting to think that's a better idea than the Tentacruel idea I had. A gigantic Pokemon being made into a ship is pretty innovative. It would even be interesting for the heroes to go on it and stop Team Ultima and the Black November on it. Battling it, however, would be pretty interesting, too.

stamps

Stamps. Oh my dear god that'd be a slightly good idea. can there be small little cartoony badges as stamps

Plus it's

and [1/spoiler]

(remove the 1)

Also hijacking the train, sounds neat.

Edited by Upbeatshadowchain

Who will carry out the mission?

[spoiler!] Also, if being inside of the trains is an idea, then I was thinking maybe Team Ultima or the Black November could try hijacking the train when the main character gets to a certain point in the game. For example, if riding a train is needed to go into a different city, or even a region, the train could get hijacked, and it would be part of the story. The player would have to fight Team Ultima or the Black November in order to take back control of the train. [\spoiler!] I forget how to do spoilers. x_x

Before we make the sprites of Team Ultima wearing poison-proof suits, we still need an idea of what the grunts look like, and what logo they have. The Black November, already has a logo (If it's alright to use)

I was actually planning to remove the whole Cresselia and Darkrai. I remembered that Axxel came up with that idea and we agreed that he used what he made for Arcane and I used what I made for Revolution. As for the train idea, that could work for the travelling to the mountain area. As it would probably be your first use of the train, we could have the conductors talk on and on beforehand about how 'safe' it is, creating a bit of a comedic moment afterwards. I'll post pics of the Team Ultima Grunt's look.

Solerance

Dusk could handle Hoopa, being in the wasteland area, Omega could go for Victini and Kyler could go for Celebi. Trevore could be looking for Jirachi and Manaphy. Anyone else got any better ideas on how to distribute them.

Edited by Jacobliterator

The ultimate weapon part will still be in the story though, right?

Also, since Jirachi is in the mountains, and the train scene would happen on the way there, I would probably be in charge of hijacking the train, since Team Ultima and the Black November would be on their way there, too. I would also think that since I'm one of the Elite Four, I would go after Victini instead of Manaphy, but it could also be a scene where Omega battles the main character rather than me, and takes Victini after the battle. However, since I would probably be exploring the region, or who knows where I would be (Busy Don, and all), the current mission is also fine, too.

Also, since Jirachi is in the mountains, that could also be a good spot for the SUPREME-Heatran idea. Heatran's power would be amplified, and it would form a volcanic hideout, where Jirachi would be at the summit, along with the SUPREME-Heatran. While the main character could deal with me, the others could deal with the SUPREME-Heatran and prevent it from erupting the volcano, which would erupt from Heatran's amplified Magma Storms. (If Legendaries were also made into SUPREMEs, the difference for them would be that they survive (I'm still not sure if Pokemon die from being corrupted, but since there was a Dimensional Rift Volcanion in Rejuvenation, having Heatran survive would be possible.

Okay, let me finish up my homework then I'll actually make a contribution to this. (Be prepared as there is an incoming text wall). I've finally gotten enough out of you guys to throw something from this haywire of ideas together. Hope you like it (when it appears).