Pokemon Revolution

Gonna be a bit difficult to find proper Pokemon for each type, tho. Are we doing the three line base for each?

Heck, could we just be cliched and give them an Eevee and a choice of stones/other custom evo items?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be a bit difficult to find proper Pokemon for each type, tho. Are we doing the three line base for each?

Heck, could we just be cliched and give them an Eevee and a choice of stones/other custom evo items?

The problem with that is the eeveelutions are OP as hell early game. In fact, they're pretty dang strong in most games anyway. 130 in a stat is nothing to scoff at, especially in cases like Flareon, Espeon, and Glaceon when it's an offensive stat.

Good lord, the amount of posts that go by in this thread when you stop looking for like an hour or two.

I'm personally not too keen on having Ralts as a starter because of the psychic/fairy typing. Sandile can't hit it super effectively and Timburr is quad-resisted. Maybe use, I don't know... Solosis? Since the other two are gen 5 as well?

Good lord, the amount of posts that go by in this thread when you stop looking for like an hour or two.

I'm personally not too keen on having Ralts as a starter because of the psychic/fairy typing. Sandile can't hit it super effectively and Timburr is quad-resisted. Maybe use, I don't know... Solosis? Since the other two are gen 5 as well?

Actually I think Timburr should get a change, just because it cant reach its final form without trading.

Edited by Milotic

Eh, like I said, it's a cliche. And if we wanted, we could nerf them a bit, letting them gain stats over certain points (per gym badge?), or something.

The problem with, say, Ralts, is that its stats are ATROCIOUS until the Garde/Galle (Kirlia is basically level with Kakuna, stat-wise.)

And, uh, for the "one of each type", thing... some types don't really have options for starter-ish 'mon.

Like, Ice, which is usually late game. We've got, what, Vanilite and Swinub for choices? Swinub can't even fully evolve without breeding or move tutoring! And Dark. Which is literally Sandile or Deino, per 3 stage evos. Also Ghost, which has OP for every 3 stage choice (Gastly, Litwick, Honedge).

The flirt being the comedic one. Only problem is trying to make it different from Cain.

Eh, humor is a difficult subject. You usually grinds down to, you either have the talent to do it or don't. I have done comedic characters, but they always felt natural. But if you want to take a side, I'd go for something along the lines of a bit of a moron and having him get into awkward situations (probably some due to his gender).

And as for the whole starter thing, can we put it on hold? It's a headache of decision making that I'd rather do after the story is pretty much drafted out. But my advice is to not pick every single three stage mon, but provide options that would be very weak at the start until very late and very strong at the start but weakens out very quickly instead of trying to find the most balanced mons. Pancham for example would make a good fighting starter. Smoochum for ice, and Noibat would be Dragon (because every dragon outside of Noibat is OP as hell in the early game). But again, another time.

"10 minutes"...

This post was brought to you by Snow's Computer, aka the thing he should use more but is too lazy to get up and get it.

Okay! So gym leader themes. This'll be fun. There's a ton, so yay. Also I don't have themes for everyone yet. Some people didn't request any, some I changed to something that fit better, and some I plan to change but haven't yet found a replacement for. Without further ado, lets see what's been making me lose sleep.

This is not in their proper order.

Normal (Milotic) - Ghetsis Remix by Total Rocks

Fire (Drymus)- None recived IIRC, Want me to look for one for you? Or do you have one in mind?

Water - Sorry, but no lyrics please. Anything else you have?

Grass(Solarance) - Halycon from Cytus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciPkSz5EyDw&index=21&list=PL3pKpyLCBpjPATJtqGdKB-qMpVMIpWMGm

Bug (Lorekeeper)- Mooned insect from Touhou Remix by Geothe fox

Electric(Omega) I thought you had nothing submitted but I found it. Giratina by EM.

Also, found this from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Might fit better imo, but that all depends on if your character is evil.

Rock(Lorekeeper)- From Touhou I think.

Ground(Commander)- Nothing submitted. I might add something ridiculous like the XD wild pokemon battle theme, since it fits your character.

Psychic(Timbla)- Deoxys Remix by GxC. Changed from the Sonic colors one, since that theme sounds more atmospheric.

Part 2

Ghost(Pbood)- I dont think you specified which one you wanted. Going with the GxC remix of Unova E4.

Dark(PBX5)- D/P Darkrai remix by PokeRemixStudio

Fairy(Micky)- Zinnia's theme still, just less rock more mystic. GxC again

Ice(YourSupremeOverlord~)- Almost done with Glitch, dont freak out yet.

Flying(Aquawaffle) Rise of the Pheonix, byEagleGuard

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/539534

Fighting(Joost)- Had to use Deoxys theme for Psychic. If you dont mind sharing, you can have it. I'm trying to find something else for Psych, but it fits so perfectly with his character and everything....

Poison(TRHS) LAST GLITCH BATTLE THEME. DONT KILL ME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFpJRGB32Ss&index=17&list=PL3pKpyLCBpjPATJtqGdKB-qMpVMIpWMGm

Steel(Tempo)- Mechanical Rhythm from Xenoblade. Love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZzMNz1BSk&index=8&list=PL3pKpyLCBpjPATJtqGdKB-qMpVMIpWMGm

Some leaders are evil, right? I'd like to know which ones so I can change the theme and/or give them a second, darker one. I have a good boss theme picked out.

EDIT: Formatting fixed.

EDIT 2: Minor nit-picky stuff.

Edited by SnowGlaceon

I think the villains already chose their themes, back when this was still Arcane. (Either that, or they're on the very earlier posts of this thread.)

Okay, cool. What are they? And will they replace the gym themes? I'd like for the themes to be less evil if the protag doesn't know that the leader is evil.

The whole evil gym leader thing doesn't really make sense to me. What's to stop them from refusing to battle/give you the badge/stamp? If they work for the evil team(Team Ultira? Ultima? I forget), wouldn't they know who you are and want to stop you or, at least, hinder your progress?

I forget pbood's, but Omega's is a metal remix of King Dedede's theme. I think Solerance also chose a song from Cytus as his sinister theme (I forget), and as for me, mine is an orchestrated remix of Bowser's Final Boss battle from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Imperius's theme is a remix of the final boss from Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story.

Also, since I'm also an Elite Four member, I would have another theme as well. However, I'm still having some blockage when it comes to that. Since my character would be evil before the Elite Four, I would imagine it being as equally sinister as it is with my darker theme. I'm not worrying about the Elite Four theme for now, because the Elite Four is so far away in the development process.

"10 minutes"...

This post was brought to you by Snow's Computer, aka the thing he should use more but is too lazy to get up and get it.

Okay! So gym leader themes. This'll be fun. There's a ton, so yay. Also I don't have themes for everyone yet. Some people didn't request any, some I changed to something that fit better, and some I plan to change but haven't yet found a replacement for. Without further ado, lets see what's been making me lose sleep.

This is not in their proper order.

Normal (Milotic) - Ghetsis Remix by Total Rocks

Fire (Drymus)- None recived IIRC, Want me to look for one for you? Or do you have one in mind?

Water - Sorry, but no lyrics please. Anything else you have?

Grass(Solarance) - Halycon from Cytus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciPkSz5EyDw&index=21&list=PL3pKpyLCBpjPATJtqGdKB-qMpVMIpWMGm

Bug (Lorekeeper)- Mooned insect from Touhou Remix by Geothe fox

Electric(Omega) I thought you had nothing submitted but I found it. Giratina by EM.

Also, found this from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Fits better imo, but that all depends on if your character is evil.

Rock(Lorekeeper)- From Touhou I think.

Ground(Commander)- Nothing submitted. I might add something ridiculous like the XD wild pokemon battle theme, since it fits your character.

Psychic(Timbla)- Deoxys Remix by GxC. Changed from the Sonic colors one, since that theme sounds more atmospheric.

Part 2

Ghost(Pbood)- I dont think you specified which one you wanted. Going with the GxC remix of Unova E4.

Dark(PBX5)- D/P Darkrai remix by PokeRemixStudio

Fairy(Micky)- Zinnia's theme still, just less rock more mystic. GxC again

Ice(YourSupremeOverlord~)- Almost done with Glitch, dont freak out yet.

Flying(Aquawafles) Electric Mudkip's Zygarde theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP-QTrwvhJ4&index=1&list=PL3pKpyLCBpjPATJtqGdKB-qMpVMIpWMGm

Fighting(Joost)- Had to use Deoxys theme for Psychic. If you dont mind sharing, you can have it. I'm trying to find something else for Psych, but it fits so perfectly with his character and everything....

Poison(TRHS) LAST GLITCH BATTLE THEME. DONT KILL ME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFpJRGB32Ss&index=17&list=PL3pKpyLCBpjPATJtqGdKB-qMpVMIpWMGm

Steel(Tempo)- Mechanical Rhythm from Xenoblade. Love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZzMNz1BSk&index=8&list=PL3pKpyLCBpjPATJtqGdKB-qMpVMIpWMGm

Some leaders are evil, right? I'd like to know which ones so I can change the theme and/or give them a second, darker one. I have a good boss theme picked out.

EDIT: Formatting fixed.

Really loving the selection. Pbood and Omega are the evil gym leaders, being the spy and brute force respectively. I've already got their battle themes, except for Pbood's, who only gave a gym leader theme.

Edited by Jacobliterator

I forget pbood's, but Omega's is a metal remix of King Dedede's theme. I think Solerance also chose a song from Cytus as his sinister theme (I forget), and as for me, mine is an orchestrated remix of Bowser's Final Boss battle from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Imperius's theme is a remix of the final boss from Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story.

Ah. I see. Would still like to hear them. I think Jacob's was in his signature.

One day, Dark Impetus. One Day.

Also found a pretty sweet possible Champion theme, but Im keeping it under wraps for now. Unless you have that picked out too, in which case I will crawl into my bed and cry

Edited by SnowGlaceon

Hey..these are pretty epic. I can see why you chose them. Okay then. So Dark Impetus can be the rival's theme when he's fully committed to darkness, if that ever happens. Now the next issue is finding a kickass legendary theme. I guess that can wait until we actually have to fight one, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Kirby super star ultra <3!!!!

Edited by SnowGlaceon

Hey..these are pretty epic. I can see why you chose them. Okay then. So Dark Impetus can be the rival's theme when he's fully committed to darkness, if that ever happens. Now the next issue is finding a kickass legendary theme. I guess that can wait until we actually have to fight one, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Sounds epic, but I've gotta go now. L8rs!

Should each legendary have a theme or just a legendary theme overall. That will reflect what music I will find for this. If it is individual we can find something for each legendary based on what their themes are. However that would take a lot of time and we risk copyright issues depending on how many legendaries we will be fighting. If it is an overall theme, I have something in mind but I will keep looking for other songs.

I love how Kyler is the first of these guys we fight, but has either the most or second-most intimidating theme(imo).

Actually, Snow, I want your opinion on a few themes I found on Newgrounds and OCRemix. I'd rather not have that Zygarde theme because I don't really like ElectricMudkip's style. So, if you think any of these would fit could you replace the theme? If not, I guess I'll just stick with the Z dragon.

Ones from Newgrounds(Links because I don't think embedding these would work here):

Battle in the Sky by DesoloZ: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/547854

Rise of the Phoenix by EagleGuard and IAmWhatUFear: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/539534

Skyfighters by kopacetic: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/509865

And the one I found on OCRemix.

Mega Man X 'Airbased' [storm Eagle Stage] by Chikusho Sound Team