HALP! VALERIE TOO OP!

Korlif

I did have to go into V5 to use Nim's Teleportation to get back to mainland. That's how I got the Lombre (Poliwag Pond in Wispy Path) and EV trained a lot of my pokemon (Especially in speed).

See, that's a big problem then. If the field will remain the same(hopefully not) then Jambro at least needs to allow you to go back and catch earlier pokemon. This is bad difficulty in that it's punishing the player for not playing a certain way and even making the game near unbeatable without exploits.

My biggest issue with Rejuv gameplay is that sometimes the difficulty really does feel "cheap" in that you're tossed against a very difficult battle with little way to prepare beforehand or are sent against an enemy that outmatches you in such a way that required knowledge beforehand or luck is needed to win. Hoping quick claw activates is what I'm starting to find a lot of these later boss fights are turning into which kind of sucks. Valor mountain has become one of my least favorite moments of the game because it has like 3 different moments of this exact thing happening, plus the annoying trek back if you black out.

I get you want to make the game challenging, but not all challenge is good challenge.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

• 1 month later...

I am also having a problem with Valerie, also playing on Intense mode. I was generally okay getting through the first four leaders (Marianette only took me two tries (which was shocking because on my first run I almost threw my computer into the trash)). I've been following people's advice and trying to take advantage of Floatzel and Zebstrika to overtake her, but I'm annoyed that the field has no way to morph it into something that would grant you a bit of solace from getting nailed by Tidal Wave.

Team as of now:

Infernape 45

Dusclops 45

Graveler 41

Electrode 45

Seismitoad 45 (Water Absorb)

Tangrowth 45

Other Pokemon:

Floatzel 45

Xatu 45

Sawsbuck 44

Zebstrika 44 (MotorDrive)

Pichu (Trying to train up, totally EV trained) 24

Swablu (Has Cloud 9, but Politoed Blizzard scares me) 23

Pangoro 45

Houndoom 40

Any thoughts? Or do I just need to keep trying?

I am also having a problem with Valerie, also playing on Intense mode. I was generally okay getting through the first four leaders (Marianette only took me two tries (which was shocking because on my first run I almost threw my computer into the trash)). I've been following people's advice and trying to take advantage of Floatzel and Zebstrika to overtake her, but I'm annoyed that the field has no way to morph it into something that would grant you a bit of solace from getting nailed by Tidal Wave.

Team as of now:

Infernape 45

Dusclops 45

Graveler 41

Electrode 45

Seismitoad 45 (Water Absorb)

Tangrowth 45

Other Pokemon:

Floatzel 45

Xatu 45

Sawsbuck 44

Zebstrika 44 (MotorDrive)

Pichu (Trying to train up, totally EV trained) 24

Swablu (Has Cloud 9, but Politoed Blizzard scares me) 23

Pangoro 45

Houndoom 40

Any thoughts? Or do I just need to keep trying?

Most Valerie's mons are special orientated, perhaps lead with Dustox that is obtainable just right on the Terajuma shore, set up light screen to minimize her damages from all the special water, ice or electric moves she ditches out and proceed to sweep with Sawsbuck Leech Seed-Horn Leech combo or Tangrowth Giga Drain or Zebstrika Discharge(barring Rotom Wash or Volt Absorb Lanturn), mine the light clay to prolong the effect of light screen~

Edited by TimTim

• 8 months later...

VALERIE IS SOOOOO DUMB I WANT TO KNOW AS OF NOW HOW DOES A POLITOED OUTSPEED A INFERNAPE AND MANECTRIC AND A ALTARIA MOVES BEFORE A POLITOED SOMEONE PLZ TELL ME HOW?

21:20 ITS GOING UP TOMORROW AT 12PM SOMEONE TELL ME HOWWWWWWWWWWW

The field effect speeds up all the water pokemon that are out.

Also, please don't necro a thread.

OK SO I LITERALLY NEED HELP. I'm Going Against Valarie And I Seem To Can't Beat Her. I'm Playing Reborn Style And I Simply Can't Seem To Get Around her Field Effect. Can I Get Some Help

I'll Put The Time Into Grind Any Pokemon If It Can Be Useful

Team:

Infernape Lv:45

Duscolps Lv:45

Manetric Lv:44

Altaria Lv:45

Kingler Lv:43

Torkoal Lv:44

PC:

Nidorino Lv:43

Mawile Lv:30

Weepinbell Lv:37

Graveler Lv:22

Tympole Lv:12- Thinking Of Using This Cuz It Has Water Absorb... Im having trouble purifying it in the pc chamber i got everything white but i still dont understand it

Vanillite Lv:19

Venipede Lv:22

Edited by Young Bleeziz