[SPOILERS] where are the other pieces?

Rezials

The shards can be used in this version:

In the sheridan wetlands there's a machine you can use them at and you'll fight

a bot with a shadow beldum - it doesn't seem to be normally purifiable but I have a hunch that it's like the shadow Lugia in colosseum and you need to max out all of the purification chamber to be able to purify it, but I haven't tested that quite yet.

EDIT:

Maxing out the purification chamber didn't seem to do anything - however, when I put in a normal shadow pokemon in the purificaiton chamber after it was purified it asked if I wanted to change sets and I purified it that way - I have a feeling that this wasn't the intended way to purify it though and is probably a bug. At any rate, it has zap cannon, psychic, and giga impact as moves

Edited by Kithros

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a bot with a shadow beldum - it doesn't seem to be normally purifiable but I have a hunch that it's like the shadow Lugia in colosseum and you need to max out all of the purification chamber to be able to purify it, but I haven't tested that quite yet.

EDIT:

Maxing out the purification chamber didn't seem to do anything - however, when I put in a normal shadow pokemon in the purificaiton chamber after it was purified it asked if I wanted to change sets and I purified it that way - I have a feeling that this wasn't the intended way to purify it though and is probably a bug. At any rate, it has zap cannon, psychic, and giga impact as moves

Same as Reborn? Lar, Bag, Dra, Gi, Dei or Goo would have been better.

Edited by Revengercm

Thanks for making the third card key shard unavailable after beating the "???" help request Jan.

Edit: Also, why not have the machine be like the starter randomizer? Just have it spit out a random 1st stage pseudo legendary pokemon, instead of just beldum.

Edited by ZenXXShadow

wouldnt be a bad idea. in any case, even if you're able to catch beldum, there's no way to purify it as of the current release.

edit: unless you go through the method listed above.

Edited by Gore

Hey Chivalry can you be more specific? I can't find the one in Mt. valor nor the one in the wetlands I was only able to find ???? shard

On Mt. Valor you can find the shard just south of where you fought Geara/Zetta on a rock.

In the Sheridan Wetlands it's in the Team Xen place - as soon as you enter it head as far right as you can, and at the end you'll find a room with seemingly nothing in it, and it's on one of the boxes in that room.

Edited by Kithros

EDIT:

Can you further explain how you purified beldum? I tried to replicate your circumstances but it doesn't work...

Can you further explain how you purified beldum? I tried to replicate your circumstances but it doesn't work...

I had my Shadow Beldum saying that it's heart was ready to open up (ie. the purple bar was empty, but it wouldn't purify) in the purification chamber, and then I put in a normal shadow pokemon into the first slot of the purification chamber. After the normal shadow pokemon was purified, it said that another pokemon was ready to be purified and asked if I wanted to switch sets, and saying yes purified the Beldum.

I think the purification chamber is a little bit buggy right now, and the beldum shouldn't be in the first slot - I've noticed a few times when purifying pokemon that it seems to only check the first shadow pokemon it reaches if it can be purified, and only checks the later ones if the first one is purified. In my case iirc I had the shadow beldum in the 3rd one (facing towards a fairy pokemon for better tempo in case that mattered at all, but I don't think that it did), and the other shadow pokemon was in the first slot.

I also had all 9 of the purification chambers maxed out - i'm not sure if that actually mattered, but I had it like that at any rate when I did this - it's still possible that it was relevant as I haven't actually tested it without it. If you do feel like trying that then the easiest way would probably be to get an army of normal pokemon - I caught 30ish zigzagoons/linoones and filled up the purification chamber with them.

I had my Shadow Beldum saying that it's heart was ready to open up (ie. the purple bar was empty, but it wouldn't purify) in the purification chamber, and then I put in a normal shadow pokemon into the first slot of the purification chamber. After the normal shadow pokemon was purified, it said that another pokemon was ready to be purified and asked if I wanted to switch sets, and saying yes purified the Beldum.

I think the purification chamber is a little bit buggy right now, and the beldum shouldn't be in the first slot - I've noticed a few times when purifying pokemon that it seems to only check the first shadow pokemon it reaches if it can be purified, and only checks the later ones if the first one is purified. In my case iirc I had the shadow beldum in the 3rd one (facing towards a fairy pokemon for better tempo in case that mattered at all, but I don't think that it did), and the other shadow pokemon was in the first slot.

I also had all 9 of the purification chambers maxed out - i'm not sure if that actually mattered, but I had it like that at any rate when I did this - it's still possible that it was relevant as I haven't actually tested it without it. If you do feel like trying that then the easiest way would probably be to get an army of normal pokemon - I caught 30ish zigzagoons/linoones and filled up the purification chamber with them.

nah no matter what i tried it always leaves beldum out, maybe you have to purify all available shadow pkmn?

Edited by Alphaverb

Thanks for making the third card key shard unavailable after beating the "???" help request Jan.

Edit: Also, why not have the machine be like the starter randomizer? Just have it spit out a random 1st stage pseudo legendary pokemon, instead of just beldum.

Well, in Version 5, the door was still open, so if you want to do the sneaky beaky let's go back to later versions. You can do that.

• Global Mods

That might not be safe. Going back to V5 can cause the game to freeze in a lot of places. I know because I tried to be crafty and get Mareep the pre-V6 way, but every time I went to Gearen I'd get a speech from an invisible Dr. Jenkel about his new machine and then I couldn't move.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

That might not be safe. Going back to V5 can cause the game to freeze in a lot of places. I know because I tried to be crafty and get Mareep the pre-V6 way, but every time I went to Gearen I'd get a speech from an invisible Dr. Jenkel about his new machine and then I couldn't move.

Point taken, it's pretty much a risk of if the game would work in some places. Like what Shing said, it's really not safe to go back previous versions of you started in V6. It's pretty much like a gamble of how lucky you are if you rewind to older versions.

Edited by Upbeatshadowchain

nah no matter what i tried it always leaves beldum out, maybe you have to purify all available shadow pkmn?

I caught Beldum today, god damn hard to catch it!!!! Then I tried to purify it follow the hints Kithros said.

I think the trick to purify beldum is, you must maxed out the tempo of all 9 purification chambers, then you would be able to purify your beldum. I dont have 36 normal type, so I have to play around with the typing with those pokemon I caught to max out all 9 chambers. An easier way to do that is, caught 36 normal type pokemon (have to be just normal with no other type), and fill them in all of your chambers.

p.s. I am not sure is that the original (or right) way to purify Beldum, this could be a bug like Kithros say. Only Jan knows.

Well, in Version 5, the door was still open, so if you want to do the sneaky beaky let's go back to later versions. You can do that.

I saved in the PC of that Alien lab town in V6, open the game in V5, get in the Alien lab, saved before entering the final room. Open V6 again and get into the final room, get the card pieces I need and leave.

Nothing crash or went wrong at all. If you save in those map that are the same in both V5 and V6, then open your save in V5, it should not freeze or go wrong.

Anyway, back up your save before you do that, then the risk is pretty low I would say.

Edited by nfray

That reminds me, since I'm too lazy to max out my tempo for the purification thing. I brought a Shadow Tangela and Beldum to Jenkel's lab, went to his one day use purification chamber, and was given the option to purify a Pokemon, Beldum was one of them so I purified it. So I guess that's another loophole to purify Beldum without max tempo and wasting Pokeballs.

Wait, where exactly is the key shard in Sheridan Wetlands Shadow HQ? Which room/tile?

There's a seemingly empty room that has boxes. I can't remember which tile off the top of my head.

There's a seemingly empty room that has boxes. I can't remember which tile off the top of my head.

Found it, thanks. Ironically I was in that room when I saw your reply :P

EDIT: I don't know which machine gives you the Shadow Beldum, can anyone direct me there?

Edited by BIGJRA

Found it, thanks. Ironically I was in that room when I saw your reply :P

EDIT: I don't know which machine gives you the Shadow Beldum, can anyone direct me there?

In the Wetland, in West I think, on the way to the tree where you find a TM

woah lol. all i did was have another pokemon that needed to be purified in the party, and then, once it asks you which pokemon you want to purify, you pick beldum over that pokemon. again, dont think it was supposed to happen, since even after the purification, beldum's "mini-sprite" on the computer/party is still shadow. in fact, even if you breed it, the sprite's still shadow.

I haven't tried it myself yet since I've been breeding but I'll edit my post to let ya know if you do or not. Either way, it should be fine as long as you have all three on ya.

And no, there isn't a fourth. Only three.

I haven't tried it myself yet since I've been breeding but I'll edit my post to let ya know if you do or not. Either way, it should be fine as long as you have all three on ya.

And no, there isn't a fourth. Only three.

oh okay, I guess I should try too.

Edit: it work with 3~

and now I can't Purify it, all chamber is maxed and beldum ready to open his heart...

Edited by LeonTakashi

• 2 weeks later...

I beat the ??? Quest and didnt think to snoop around in the alien building for a hidden item and now that I know there was a necessary piece in order to get a special mon now im pissed at myself haha. I hope Jan can make it available again somehow. Oh and jan if you read this can you make it how when we update our pokemon dont lose their abilities Please?